Mistake of a Lifetime

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She started out of her thoughts when she heard a soft snoring beside her and she looked over. His eyes were closed, his thick, long lashes casting shadows on his cheeks and his face was drawn and tense. She assumed he was emotional and more than a little overwhelmed. That was normal, finding out some weird stuff would do that to you, and he obviously loved his little sister. Judging by his tone and sense of urgency, there was some tragic backstory she'd eventually pull out of him. Humans and their attachments. She scoffed, ignoring the screaming little voice in her head. Love and its silly associated feelings and actions were for other people. She was happier without it.

Kimber jerked awake as they pulled up to Rachel's mansion. "What happened?"

She gave him a dry glance. "You fell asleep."

His sleep blurred eyes focused quickly. "Why are we at your mansion? Why aren't we getting my sister?"

They pulled into the garage. "Because history has taught me not to plunge into a den of people who want me dead without finding out some basic intel first."

"Yeah, well, while you're getting intel my sister could be on the fucking streets getting raped or jacked up with meth. You're a vampire, what the fuck do you care? They can't kill you."

His baby blue eyes hardened into chunks of ice and he was furious. Rachel merely nodded calmly. "They probably can't, but they can cause me a serious amount of pain and damage. Why risk my life? Besides, they probably got your sister addicted a long time ago, against her will, and I'd wager she's been sexually violated more than once. Mauricio doesn't strike me as the type to keep his bargains."

She stepped out of the car, leaving him sitting in horrified silence and he bolted after her. "What do you mean? Do you know something?" He caught up to her and snatched her arm in a bruising grip. She turned, looking at his hand calmly.

"I've been around long enough to know his type." She flicked her eyes to his, intending to issue a blunt, chilling threat, but at the look of panicky fear in his face her irritation calmed. His obvious concern for his sister tugged at heartstrings she assumed were long gone and she forced a polite smile to her face.

"I have to make some phone calls. There's more afoot here than you know, and to get you both free and clear I'll need to replace Mauricio with someone else. Please, let go of my arm, and I'll work as quickly as I can."

Kimber sat in the impressively furnished den, his eyes going over the expensive electronics and high end furnishings. Whoever Rachel was, she had plenty of cash. He felt uneasy with the pricey items around him, was afraid he'd break something, and so he sat with his hands in his lap. She had waved at the small tablet-sized remote when she'd left him here.

"Just touch the screen and it'll come on, and you can watch tv, or whatever. There's cable, whole spread of stuff. I hope to be done soon, but I can't make that promise."

He had searched her face for dishonesty and saw none, but he was still uncomfortable with his lack of knowledge. "Then after that, you'll bring me up to speed?"

He'd caught the shadow that had passed over her face, even if she hid it well with a bright smile. "Of course." And then she'd left.

Not that he had minded watching her go. She was short but curvy, with an ample butt and stacked chest. Her hair swayed as she walked, the long mass looking thick and heavy against her back. Not that she minds, what with her vampiric strength and all. He was chagrined when his mind turned to sensual thoughts and he fidgeted before reaching for the remote. Maybe he would watch television, after all.

Rachel hung up the phone and dropped her head into her hands. It had taken an excess of time, but she had managed to get agreement from Augustino. There would be no power void left after Mauricio was gone, instead the Borgias would quietly pick up the territory. The problem was that they couldn't make a move until the following evening as none of the required family members were anywhere near her. She knew Kimber would be upset, and if she was completely honest it bothered her, too. She hadn't been lying when she said she figured Mauricio had already tossed Katie to the wolves, but the longer they waited the more time that rat bastard had to inflict pain and suffering. Her real fear was that Katie would end up sold to a sex slave operation, and she'd disappear into the underbelly of society. That would prove problematic, as it would mean either her increased cooperation with Kimber, or his death.

She gave a long sigh and pushed away from the desk. It had been the better part of a century since she'd kept a lover. It was against her nature, because she was an affectionate, loving person. But after so many years of pain, and suffering, and loneliness, she decided it was easier to just never love again. She hadn't remained celibate and couldn't imagine a worse fate for a person, and besides, sex made feeding easier and more fun. But she always stopped short of developing real feelings, and while it had been boring it had been less painful and so she managed.

She had been happy enough in her solitary lifestyle before Kimber came around, but now, being in close proximity with him made emotions and sensations rise up in her chest. It wasn't the fluttery delicacy of love, thankfully. No, she was lusting after him, definitely, and maybe even beginning to like him. She could imagine using him later, as a Warm perhaps, or as her own assassin. He was quite talented and powerful and his skills were going to waste as a mob hitman. Maybe I'll ask Augie to hire him. He'd get better work, at least.

She froze in the doorway to the living room. Kimber was stretched out over the black leather couch, fast asleep. The sleep was deep enough that his face had relaxed some, and without the lines of tension furrowing his brow he was even more beautiful. A lock of hair had fallen over his cheek, giving him a boyish look and his beefy arms were crossed over his chest. Rachel felt her breath catch in her throat and she stared at him in disbelief. A slow fire started in the pit of her stomach and she felt shaky as she pushed back the lust that had flooded her.

She padded over to kneel beside him, bracing herself as she shook the couch gently. "Kimber."

He snapped awake, the muscles in his arms twitching and fear warred with anger in his face until he saw her.

"What time is it?"

The steel in his voice impressed her, even if it was gritty from sleep. She checked her watch.

"A little after three in the morning." She resisted the urge to touch his face, surprised that the urge even existed. Instead, she watched his eyes grow more alert and the worry came back into his face and he sat up.

"So what's the story? When are we leaving?" It was appreciable how focused he was, but she smiled gently to soften the blow.

"Tonight, after dark."

He froze mid-stretch. "Tonight?"

"My people can't be in place until tonight."

His blue eyes frosted over and his lips curled into a snarl. "Your people? Fuck your people. While they get their shit together, my fucking sister could be in a box to Singapore." He stood up quickly and began to pace. Rachel nodded and straightened, turning to watch him.

"I'm aware. That's one reason I have to wait for my people. Mauricio and his type need to be taken out completely, and if we kill him we leave a power vacuum. Someone has to step into it."

"I don't give a shit. What about Katie?" He was fearful and furious.

"I have other people looking into her. If she's still here in the city, we'll know by morning, and we'll know if she leaves the country." He was still pacing restlessly and Rachel resented it. It reminded her of her own powerlessness and it sucked. "Kimber, look at me."

He paused, turning questioning eyes to hers and she moved to stand in front of him. "We're going to get your sister, I promise. Trust me."

He looked down at her from his much greater height and she saw a tiny sparkle of hope light up in his eyes. Fear and concern buried it almost as soon as it appeared.

"How can I trust you? You're not even supposed to exist. Your life is nothing like mine. Why do you even care?"

There were years of heartache and hurt in his words and she heard every bit of it. It sank through her and she considered her response carefully. "I care because I've been there. When I was human, I was a slave, and I was raped repeatedly. Not that it was rape then, because I was property, but I understand what it's like to be owned by someone else, to have no control over your destiny or even your daily life. I have a soft spot for women in similar positions, and your love for your sister is so evident that it inspires me to care more than I should." She smiled suddenly, awkwardly. "Besides, it'll be my good deed for the decade. I can be evil for a while now without guilt."

Her joke was a cover for the uncomfortable sensation of honesty, and he smiled slightly. It didn't meet his eyes, and he was still extremely apprehensive, but she sensed in that moment a bond had been made.

"So what do we do in the meantime?" His quiet, husky voice washed over her and she paused. Well, we could go upstairs to my bedroom and fuck until you're exhausted...oh, bother.

"You look tired, and hungry. Why don't I make you something to eat, and then I'll show you to a bedroom and you can get some rest?"

Kimber wasn't surprised when his groin twitched at the thought of Rachel in bed. He was positive those glowing green eyes of hers would darken to emerald and those pretty pink lips would pout for him, and he found himself leaning towards her ever so slightly. He caught himself and gave a quick nod.

"Yeah, that sounds great."

"So, why, exactly, do you have a full kitchen if you're a vampire and don't eat?"

He was sitting at the island a few feet away, munching on a pea pod. She'd thrown some veggies and dip at him to keep him occupied as she cooked and she glanced at him with a quizzical expression.

"Because I do eat, sometimes. Not a lot or very often, but it happens. I can still digest small amounts of food, just not 3 meals a day for weeks. Also, I have to keep some food on hand to keep up appearances should I have any humans over."

"Does that happen a lot?" He bit into a piece of broccoli with a crunch.

"Does what happen a lot?" She flicked on the grill burners, admiring the flames.

"Having humans over."

She paused and gave him a curious look. "Not usually." She padded over to him and snatched a pea pod from his hand and popped it into her mouth with a smirk before she walked back to the stove. He laughed softly behind her and resumed his grazing.

"How do you take your steak?"

His head came up. "Say again?"

Her lips quirked. "Cow. Beef. A hunk of its flesh. How done do you need it to be?"

He swallowed, his eyes narrowing slightly. "Medium rare."

She turned back to the stove and he watched her intently. She moved rather comfortably in the kitchen and he was intrigued. "So when did you learn how to cook?"

She stepped back as she tossed the meat onto the grill. "Well, I was a kitchen maid, so I started out cooking. But it's something I still occasionally enjoy, even if I don't eat."

They lapsed into silence until she finished and placed a plate before him. He managed to refrain from looking too impressed, but he was stunned by the delicious looking NY strip she set in front of him. The sautéed spinach smelled richly of butter and lemon, and he dug in with a sigh.

Rachel picked up her own steak, passing on the spinach, and set it down across the island from him. The maid would handle the dishes the next day and she savored a bite of rich meat. Her steak was much more rare than his and she appreciated the metallic, mineral flavor of animal blood. She was two bites in when she became aware of his curious gaze. She looked up and his eyes were firmly on his plate, though she saw the faintest hint of a blush creep across his neck. She swallowed a smile and returned to her food.

It didn't take long for his eyes to return to her, and this time she smiled widely. "Yes, Kimber?" She took another bite and looked up, delighted at the obvious red flush across his face and he squirmed on the stool.

"Nothing. I just...nothing."

Ridiculous excitement filled her and she sipped at her wine. "If you have questions, go ahead and ask. Humans are naturally very curious. It's one of your kind's more endearing traits. If you cross some line, I'll let you know. I don't have a lot of lines though."

He took another bite, most of his food gone already, taking the time to collect his thoughts. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry."

She looked at him quizzically and his blush darkened. "I'm sorry for shooting you."

She laughed, hiding her grin behind her napkin. "I see."

"I just, I was hired to kill you, and then you jumped out at me, and I was working on instinct and adrenaline. I was trying to escape before you killed me. It wasn't my best moment." His apology was adorable and she felt the lust flood her again before she shook her head casually.

"Don't worry about it. If it's any consolation, I intended to feed from you before killing you rather slowly." She tucked back into her steak, finishing the last few bites before standing up and taking their now empty plates to the sink. She topped off their wine glasses before tossing the bottle in the trash and taking a seat next to him.

His baby blues had watched her the entire time and now, as she sat within his reach, they darkened slightly. Faintly she could smell a hint of arousal and she bit back the savage response. It had been a long time since anyone, human or vampire, had affected her on this level.

"Does it leave a scar, being shot?" His quiet question made her smile again. She leaned back and pulled her shirt up to reveal her pale stomach.

"Nope. We vampires don't scar from human attacks, and it takes some serious effort from other vampires to leave lasting injuries." The cool air made her skin more sensitive and she sighed when he suddenly reached out with one large hand and brushed his fingertips against her. The sensation sent an electric current through her spine and she shivered slightly. She looked up and his eyes had darkened more, to a stormy blue. They had just eaten, but he looked starving.

"You're right. Not a single trace of any damage. Same for your back?" His voice was low, almost guttural, as he murmured and Rachel found herself at a crossroads. She could continue this path and risk having sex, getting attached and having her heart broken when he left with his sister. Alternately, she could simply shake her head no and leave it at that, and change the subject. Well, she'd never been one for the easy, simpler path.

She held his gaze as she slid off the stool and pulled her top off, revealing her black lacy bra. She gathered her hair as she turned and presented herself to him. "No damage. See?"

She heard the thread of desire turning her voice raspy and she hated it. A strong shiver overtook her when his big hand touched her spine and he flattened his palm on her skin. "I see."

His voice was deeper, quieter, and she wasn't completely surprised when his hand dropped inside her waistband and snatched her closer. His arms came around her, one beefy forearm across her chest and the other snugged her hips between his legs. His mouth buried at her neck, his lips moving firmly over her skin and she sighed deeply and arched against him. Whoever Kimber was, he was no innocent.

Kimber felt the lust and greed overtake him as he'd touched her back and he felt like a man possessed as he yanked her against him. He was thankful she was receptive and her willingness stroked the flames in his stomach higher. Her skin was flawless, the color of delicate porcelain with a rosy glow and soft to the touch. He felt her arch into him when his mouth moved over her neck and he struggled against a primal urge he'd never felt.

Her hands moved through his hair then dropped to grip his hands and she whimpered under his touch. She was restless and she spun in his grasp, pulling his head down to hers and she kissed him. Her own passion was evident in the sweet, honeyed taste of her mouth, but she was much more in control than he was. She nipped at his bottom lip, even as her hands dropped from his head to his waist. She tugged at his shirt and he quickly obliged her by leaning back and yanking it over his head.

Rachel stopped and watched his muscles rippling. He was gloriously fit, with corded muscles that bunched and smoothed under a softly furred chest. She purred as she drew a fingertip up the veins along the inside of his arm. "Aren't you delicious?"

The blush returned and he paused, suddenly uncertain. "Is that a compliment?" His awkward grin inflamed her already fiery senses and she smiled, hiding her fangs.

"Very much so." She didn't know her eyes had darkened to a sparkling emerald, only knew his face relaxed and he slid off the stool to snatch her up against him. His strength was impressive and she rubbed her chest against his. One strong forearm supported her under her buttocks as he ran his other hand up her thighs and encouraged them around his waist.

She needed no encouragement. She wrapped her legs around him and he headed for a couch, kissing her deeply the entire walk. Her arms held his head close and every step sent new tremors through her body. She was impressed again when he easily sat down with both of them and settled her around him without breaking the kiss.

Judging by the size of the bulge that had been pressing against her, he was excessively well endowed. Sitting on top of him had brought the solid swell right against her most sensitive areas and she whimpered softly with delight. She was shocked when his large hands enveloped her thighs and ground her against him, and she enjoyed the sensations too much to stop him. Instead, she fumbled at her bra, ripping it from her skin, then cried out when his mouth closed around one pert nipple. The combination of stimulation exceeded her control and she climaxed suddenly. Gasping for air and choking back shouts of pleasure, she clutched dizzily at his shoulders until she collapsed against him. Dimly she wondered if she'd drawn blood with her desperate snatches and she gave herself a second to recover before checking.

"I'm guessing it was good if you're the first woman who's actually, literally, broken my skin." His voice was amused and husky but it spurred her to sit up. The smell of fresh, rich blood greeted her and her fangs ached.

"I'm sorry," she replied with a groan when she saw the scores over his smooth, warm skin. "I'll fix it."

She leaned forward and, hidden from his view, bit her tongue lightly. Her blood mixed with her saliva and slowly, luxuriously, she licked the delicate scratches until they disappeared. A shudder overtook his body as she worked and she felt him throbbing between her legs. Her body responded in kind and once his shoulders were clean she pressed teasing kisses down his chest. His cut physique bunched and smoothed under her mouth, and when her hands dropped to his waist he helped her slide off his pants and boxers.

Her mouth watered when he sprung free of his clothing. The sculpted muscles continued, his thighs and calves being chiseled to perfection while a perfect V made his hips and groin more obvious than necessary. But the real prize was the thick, long cock that stood proudly and it excited her as much as it intimidated her. Easily ten inches long and as thick as a soda can, Kimber caught her look and blushed slightly.

"Sorry I'm so big. I'm pretty gentle though," he explained with a sheepish smile and she laughed throatily.