MMA Meets MBA

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
qhml1
qhml1
8,989 Followers

"Come with me, please."

She led her out of the building and into a waiting cab. They rode for about twenty minutes before they stopped outside an upscale shopping center.

"Miss Burke, are you willing to listen to Mark and follow his advice?"

"I guess so. What are we doing here?"

She smiled, it turned her into a whole different person.

"Packaging the commodity. Come on, lots to do.

You are free for the rest of the day, aren't you?"

They were taking a week off before resuming training, so she had time.

The walked into a large department store, and went to the cosmetic department. Ms Johnson asked her to call her Alice, saying she hoped they could be friends.

"What are we doing here, Alice?"

"New paint" said Alice cryptically.

For the next forty minutes her face was made up, washed off, and done over until the consultant and Alice agreed it was as close to perfect as they could get. Betty wasn't allowed to look until they were done, and was stunned at the woman staring back from the mirror. She was ...pretty...no. She was more than pretty.

The woman packaged the purchases, and Betty was shocked at the price. She looked at Alice.

"Investment, Betty. Mark said you could afford it."

She paid the lady. Instead of leaving, they went into the dress department. Another hour with a consultant, she had the perfect dress for showcasing her athletic body. Tight but not clingy, allowing her muscles to ripple seductively underneath.

Alice said it was perfect and then laughed. She left for just a second, coming back with a satin thong.

"You need this. Turn around and you'll see why."

Betty turned and look over her shoulder. You could practically read the brand name on her full cut panties. It ruined the look completely.

She blushed when she took the thong, she had little experience with anything but 'functional', and said so to Alice.

Alice laughed.

"Honey, for dresses like this, it is functional underwear. Besides, you've got the tightest butt I've ever seen. That bottom was made to be displayed."

Betty blushed furiously and the salesgirl giggled.

Alice insisted she keep the dress on.

The next stop was for shoes. Again, Betty had little need for high heels, but Alice bullied her into a pair of two inch heels, telling her as soon as she got used to them they would go up an inch.

Next was the hairdresser.

"I'm not cutting my hair!"

Alice calmed her.

"I wouldn't think of it. This is just a trim, maybe put a highlight or two in. You have beautiful hair, you just need to showcase it."

They took down her trademark french braid. It was even longer than Alice first thought, hanging down to the middle of her back. The hairdresser was practically drooling. Alice laughed.

"Be careful dear, the girl is a professional fighter, wouldn't do to make her angry."

Soon the whole shop was clustered around her, asking questions. She had to promise a poster to them.

Alice immediately started working the owner.

"You know, Betty wasn't satisfied with her last salon. I brought her here because I trust you, but the ultimate decision is hers. She's going places, most likely in another year or two she'll be champion. It would be a feather in your cap if she stayed with you."

Before she knew what was happening, Betty was getting a manicure and pedicure, on the house.

Shrewdly, Alice promised a picture of her after the trim, poster size, to be placed beside the fight poster, in exchange for full salon care for the next six months. Betty shook hands with the owner, and entered into her first endorsement contract.

Betty couldn't believe the creation she had become. Men and women alike turned heads, and Alice assured her it would be commonplace.

Alice insisted in treating her to dinner for putting up with her, and they went into the nicest restaurant she had ever seen.

The meal was delicious, but she was nervous.

"What's wrong, Betty?"

"I feel like everybody is staring at me."

Alice gave her assurances.

"Well, I'd like to think some of the looks are for me, but it's not your imagination. Not to be arrogant, but we're the hottest women in here, we're going to get looks. They know me, but everyone is trying to figure out who you are.

Heiress, lawyer, businesswoman? They can't place you, and it's got them wondering. Let's have some fun, come on!"

They left the restaurant and adjourned to the bar. Almost immediately, they were surrounded by men, buying drinks, making conversation, jockeying for attention. Betty didn't drink, so Alice got her a mineral water with a twist of lemon, and a white wine, making sure the bartender knew that was all they were drinking.

Inexperienced with the flirting and the innuendo, Betty said little, letting Alice deflect the advances.

One man was particularly aggressive, making Betty uncomfortable. Alice finally put a stop to it.

"Ben, do you what field Betty is in? I thought not. She's a professional fighter, ranked number nine in the world. I'd be a little more polite if I were you."

Ben looked at her, trying to imagine her as a fighter, before laughing.

"This baby doll, no way! I don't know much about fighting, but I'd be glad to teach you about horizontal wrestling. I'm sure I could show you a thing or two."

Betty hopped off the stool, angry, fists balled.

"Apologize."

Ben had more alcohol than sense in him.

He sneered.

"You gonna make me, little girl?"

Betty was just about to swing when a hand enclosed hers.

"There you are girls. I thought I missed you."

Mark held her hand as tightly as possible, then shocked her when he kissed her cheek.

The look he gave Ben was cold.

"Ben, I think you owe this lady an apology. Now."

Ben immediately apologized, saying it was just a joke, he meant no harm. Betty thought he looked scared.

"Betty, accept his apology."

For some reason her anger was gone, and her cheek seemed to tingle where he kissed it.

"No problem."

Mark smiled, his white teeth seemed to glow.

"Well, now that that's settled, let's grab a table."

When they settled at the table Mark immediately launched into a lecture.

"Save the fighting for the ring, Betty. How you behave in public has a direct impact on your image."

"I could have taken him! I had it handled."

"Think about it, Betty" Mark said impatiently, "do you really want to read about how a trained fighter kicked the ass of a harmless drunk in a bar? Plus the lawsuits, you could be broke before you make any money. Temper, Betty, temper."

Her good feeling was gone. Damn, he treated her like a child.

Alice saw her frown and jumped in.

"Don't get angry, hon, remember, we're here to look out for your best interests. We've GOT to get you a manager."

"Why can't you do it?"

Betty said, looking at Alice.

Alice looked stricken for just a second, before Mark jumped in.

"Yes, Ms Johnson, I think that's an excellent idea. Please consider it."

He turned to Betty.

"Before she made a career change and moved here, she was a top publicist in California. Still has a contact or two, no doubt."

He turned to Alice.

"Please consider it. I can do without you in the office for a little while. It might be fun."

Alice considered it.

"All right, but there will be rules. You listen to me completely. Don't question my decisions, at least until you catch on to what I do. I won't need to spend much time with you right now, that will come later as you become more into the public eye. And I insist on a two year contract, it will take me that long to make you, understand?"

Her voice had gone all business, the friendly tone gone.

Betty said meekly "Yes ma'am."

Alice smiled.

"Good. Now, I have to get home. Clear tomorrow afternoon, I'll text you when and where to meet. Mark, will you escort Betty home? All right, kisses."

She air kissed them and strode off.

Mark smiled at Betty.

"You don't know what you're in for. That's the most focused woman I've ever seen. She can be downright brutal when she needs to be. You're in for a wild ride. Now, shall we?"

The ride to her home was quiet. It was on the lower end of middle class. She still lived at home. She said nothing as they parked.

"Goodnight, Miss Burke."

"Mark, would you walk me to the door? My dad is old fashioned, if he thought you just dumped me out it would change how he views you. He's not too keen on letting someone else get hold of my money as it is."

His smile was downright warm.

"Your father sounds like a good man. I'd like to meet him. I apologize, I should walk you to the door, my mind was elsewhere for just a second. Shall we?"

He opened the door and escorted her to her house. She held out her hand to shake.He took both her hands in his, reached down and gave her a light kiss on the cheek.

"Good night, Miss Burke. I hope you sleep well."

He turned to walk away, before stopping to look back.

"I almost forgot. You look stunning, Miss Burke, quite stunning indeed."

He drove away smiling, and Betty realized she was still stroking the cheek he kissed her on five minutes later.

..............................................

Her dad was in the living room when she walked in.

"Who was that? Why didn't he come............WOW!"

He had just noticed her makeover.

"John, Harry, get in here and look at this!"

Just great she thought, two of her brothers were here. She had three, all married, none far from home.

They came in a rush, thinking something was wrong.

Harry froze, and John ran into him.

"Harry, what the hell, you made me spill my beer.

What's the problem?"

He managed to get around Harry and beheld Betty.

"WHAT THE FUCK! Who is this hot woman, and what did she do with our little tomboy sister? Damn girl, you look HOT!"

Betty was blushing furiously under the inspection.

Her dad came over and gave her a hug.

"Don't get embarrassed, we just noticed our baby is a full grown woman for the first time, and as John said, you definitely look 'hot'."

They praised her look, calming her down, until John took a picture and sent it to Terry, her oldest brother. He showed it to his wife, she sent it to the other two wives, and in forty minutes they were all in the living room, admiring her.

"What happened? How did it happen?" the wives all clamored.

"Well, I met a man and......"

That was as far as she got before the men in the room went into protective mood.

"Who is he? Did he talk you into this? What does he do, is he a good man, how long have you known him."

She started out wrong again.

"I've only met him twice, he seems a good man, for someone who wants to make money off me. He......"

That was as far as she got before her dad went into cop mode.

"Define making money off you, and it better be good."

She had finally had enough.

"Damn it, Daddy! He's the guy you sent me to for money advice, Mark Stewart, remember? I'm dressed this way because he got me a publicist, and she's trying to polish my image. We had a dinner meeting, all three of us, and he was courteous enough to escort me home. Any more questions?"

Terry's teen age daughter had tagged along to see the new look, Betty was kind of her hero. At the name, she had hit her grandfather's computer, googling him. She spoke up.

"I got one. Is he as good looking in person as he is in his photographs?"

Betty got bright red as the family gathered around the screen to look for themselves.

There were oohs and ahhs from the women, a few "You go, girl!" and other comments that kept her glowing.

Jane, Johns' wife stood back, smirking.

"He's pretty. But as good as he looks, you know what would look better on him than that suit?

Of course everyone fell for it, wanting to know.

"Betty!"

That was the last straw, Betty fled to her room.

The girls came in and soothed her, praising her look. They did admit he was handsome, and Betty should make the most of her time with him. Her dad came in after everyone left.

"Jane's right, baby, to a point. You would look damn good on his arm, the women would hate you, and the men would hate him."

"Don't worry about the rest. They were just teasing you. Everyone went on about how beautiful you were. I always knew the swan was in there somewhere. Is this the beginning of the end? Are you growing up, leaving your poor old dad in the dust?"

Her hand grasped his. "No! Daddy, I would never leave....

He shushed her.

"Yes you will baby, it's the way of life. You'll find someone, maybe like this guy, and you'll be gone, making your own life. I don't begrudge it, actually I'm looking forward to it. I could use a fresh set of grandkids, and a little privacy. It won't mean you or I love each other any less, and I know your mom would be proud."

Her eyes misted, thinking of her mom. She had passed when Betty was eleven, of cancer. She was her baby and only girl, so she was closer to her than her brothers. The whole family took it hard. That was one of the reasons they had moved South, to get away from the memories.

She said goodnight, and strangely, the last face in her mind before she drifted off was Mark Stewart.

................................................

She woke in a good mood the next day and did four miles, no need to get too far out of shape before beginning training in earnest.

Alice sent her a text, telling her to come to her office. The meeting consisted mostly of lectures about her need to maintain a clean, proper image, how to detect and avoid gold diggers and users, people who like to hang on the coat tails of successful people. She also set up etiquette lessons so not to embarrass her in upper class company. Image, Image, Image, was burned into her head.

She helped her pick out two more dresses, some nice casual clothes, two bikinis, and arranged a

photo shoot. Then she had a website designed to showcase her and posted a bio, schedule of fights, and photos of her in and out of the ring.

Between training and lessons she kept extremely busy. She saw Mark occasionally, and he was always pleasant. Once he took her to lunch, but disappointed her by talking money and about her career. She did manage to get a peck on the lips.

It made the gossip section of the paper the next day.

The logo read: "Nationally ranked fighter beating notorious bachelor and financier into submission? Ninth ranked and up and coming MMA fighter Bettina "Bang Bang' Burke was spotted with financial wizard Mark Stewart at lunch in Cafe Wa."

Alice called her.

"Did you see it?"

"See what?"

"The paper, you and Mark are in it. Free publicity is priceless."

Betty was suddenly suspicious.

"Did you set this up?"

"Of course sweetie, that's what you pay me for, remember."

"Did Mark know?"

She heard her laugh.

"Of course not. He's already called and chewed me out. It'll do him good, maybe now the gold diggers will stop chasing him. Did you know he's ranked the fifth most eligible bachelor in town?

Gotta go. Good luck Saturday. Mark and I will be in the front row."

It was a sold out venue. The top billing was two males, lightweights, for a vacant belt. Her fight was scheduled two bouts before, the highest ranking woman present.

Alice was there with a bag, waiting in the dressing room. She had talked Candy, her new hairdresser, into being there, just in case.

She gave her a few words of encouragement before going back to her seat.

She and Mark were ringside, right behind her corner. She had managed to get a bunch of under priviliged kids free tickets, and had them wearing

"BANG BANG, THE BEAST AND THE BEAUTY, ROLLED IN TO ONE" T shirts, with a picture of Betty on the front in her ring wear and holding up her fists, and a picture of her in her prettiest dress on the back. They were screaming her name when she entered the ring. She waved to them as she bounced around.

Her opponent, number seven in the world, entered with an entourage and her own theme music.

Manny had her work extra hard on her hand and kick speed, and had her working with a former fighter with jui jitsu experience, to improve her submission techniques. The woman was heavier and taller, increasing her endurance.

It was a slaughter. The other woman had badly underestimated Betty and didn't have the same commitment to her training regimen.

Betty knocked her down twice the first round, the second round was even, the third she almost got her to submit but she was saved by the bell.

The fourth round, knowing she was losing on points, she threw her fight plan to the winds and came straight at her, hitting mostly empty air as Betty wove and bobbed. She over committed, and Betty hit her with a straight front kick to the midsection. She bounced off the fence, wind knocked out of her, hands down, and Betty knocked her out with a left uppercut. She was counted out as the crowd screamed.

She retired to her corner, came out and let the announcer hold her up in victory, hugged her opponent, and left the ring.

Alice was beside her as she left the ring, shoving a marker in her hand. She shook hands, received pats on the back. The kids appeared in front of her in the shirts, and she signed every one of them.

When she got back to the dressing room she hugged Manny as he twirled her around.

"Good job, baby, good job. Now, I'm going to get out of the way, you have to get ready for your interview."

Candy and Alice swarmed her, shoving a BANG BANG t shirt on her and working her hair into a swirl of curl and highlights. The dryer felt like a blast furnace on her sweaty hair. They didn't try makeup. Just a swipe of muted lipstick, and they were out the door.

Alice watched the interview closely. Manny sat at her left, and she started out by thanking him, saying she was his creation, and kissing his cheek. Manny turned bright red and stuttered. They ate it up.

Then she thanked her opponent for a good fight, acting like it was much closer than it was, hugging her again.

The woman returned the favor by honestly saying

she kicked her ass, then promising to be a lot more careful the next time. The crowd ate it up, watching and listening on the big screen while the main event was being set up.

Finally, Betty thanked her fan club, the children of St. Agnes group home, saying they were her good luck charms. She also thanked Candy, 'her miracle worker from Shear Delights', for her hair. Lastly she thanked Alice Johnson and Mark Stewart, for being there. Mark appeared at her side and guided her to the seat beside him, to watch the title fight. Mark, Alice, and Betty each held a small child from St. Agnes on their laps. The cameras loved it.

..................................................

Later Alice wrangled an invitation from the champion to pose for pictures with the children and Betty. Another golden PR opportunity. Betty was walking on clouds on the way home.

Alice, Manny, Betty, and Mark held a war conference the next day. The ranking were due out, Betty was expected to rise to six.

Alice apologized for the group home incident.

"It's a charity I'm close to. They don't get much, so this was a real treat to them. It would do you good to be seen as a positive influence on these kids."

Betty hugged her.

"They were great. Can we get them to every local fight? I'll pay."

Alice hugged her back.

"I'll take care of it, but you know, if you visited every once in a while it would mean more to them."

"Set it up."

Then the mood got serious.

"What's the next step, Manny?" Mark asked.

"It's too early to be sure, but it might be against five, or three. Both tough contenders, if it's three and you win, it may lead to a title shot. Five and you win you'll probably be ranked four."

Alice smiled.

"On a lighter note, I managed to trademark you, BEAST AND THE BEAUTY ROLLED INTO ONE can only be used with your permission, and thanks to the exposure last night, your website has requests for over a thousand t shirts so far, at twelve ninety five a pop. I've got a contractor who wants to license it and get first choice on anything else we come up with. Your profit is four fifty, the rest goes to the contractor to handle everything. This could be very profitable, Betty, very profitable indeed."

qhml1
qhml1
8,989 Followers