Modern Fairy Tales Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
deathlynx
deathlynx
296 Followers

Kess trembled, but tried to speak through the hand. "What was that? I didn't understand you. Do you promise not to scream if I remove your hand?"

Kess nodded, well aware that he could steal the breath from her with a simply twist of the hand buried inside of her. Barring that, he could still muffle her again in less than a second. "You killed Penelope's dad. Didn't you? And what about Penelope? Won't she be pissed if you marry someone else and call me her?"

Branson laughed. His hand slapped over her mouth and his fist twisted sharply. She screamed into his hand as he intended. Tears rolled down her face long after the pain had once more returned to a dull throb.

"I've already sent someone out to find her and take care of her. Just like I have someone watching an apartment in case you decide on heroics. One word from me and the Burger six will become the Burger five."

Kess' eyes widened. He knew more than she had thought he did. He knew everything!

Almost everything! Kess' eyes hardened as she saw the shadow of motion reflected in Branson's eyes.

Kess tried to ready herself, but she couldn't keep from screaming as the fist was torn brutally out of her. It had to be that way or Branson would have used her against the people that had just revealed themselves behind her.

Jocelyn's full weight bowled into Branson and the collided heavily with the floor. Kess had been surprised beyond belief when she appeared, in tow, with Penelope. For some reason, her lover had barely been able to meet her eyes and even seemed to fold in on herself when Kess enfolded her in a heart-felt hug.

Now, Jackson and Vincent were in the process of trying to pull Jocelyn off of Branson. Andrew and Christopher were right behind them, ready to hang onto Branson the moment the two were untangled. It looked like he was going to need some first aid at the least.

Branson broke free and reached inside his jacket. Before he could move farther, each wrist was locked tight by a guard. Vincent had to hold Jocelyn off of the ground to keep her from continuing her assault, but it left Jackson free to relieve the rich man of his custom forty-five.

"You have nothing on me! You can't prove anything!"

Penelope walked with a poise and confidence that Kess couldn't help but envy. Even held captive, Branson scared Kess immobile. She had known the group was hidden, but it had not helped to bolster her confidence when he confronted her.

"You have just admitted to a number of crimes in the presence of seven people. Many of whom your lawyers will be able to find absolutely no grounds for moral laxity. However," Kess was glad that the cruel glare that Penelope leveled on Branson fell nowhere near her, "even if you do manage to escape a prison sentence, you can be certain that your status in our circles has collapsed."

Penelope paused for breath and her grim demeanor turned into a feral grin. "I am going to make sure everyone watches your trial. Further, they will know that you have been released from our engagement. I am willing to bet that you will find no friends. And when I'm done you will likely be living downtown without a penny to your name.

Let yourwhores take you in."

Branson cursed and threatened as the guards carried him from the room, to the police who waited a block away.

* * * * * *

Jocelyn huddled in Kess' embrace. Penelope could now see the love that the older woman felt for her double was shared in equal measure. She felt horrible that she had not tried harder to correct Jocelyn's misconception about her identity. Now, the lesbian felt she needed to make amends to her lover for an infidelity she hadn't know she'd committed.

Kess, for her part, had completely forgiven her lover. That fact had comforted Jocelyn only in as much as it meant the two still had a chance together. It didn't make Penelope feel any better. What was worse, the confusion of their identities had meant that Kess had been forced to confront a side of Branson that Penelope hadn't even known existed.

Perhaps she had been blind. Branson had always seemed the perfect gentleman to her. They made love regularly and he'd even been willing to do other things for her. It was hard for her to imagine the man who had taken her double without even asking, or forced his fist into her.

The trial date was set, but Penelope had made good on the rest of her threat. Between her newly expanded finances and the connections of her friends, Branson was nearly broke. All of his assets were already on the auction block.

In a twist of ironic justice, Penelope had put in a bid on his house. She intended to give it to Kess, under three conditions. The first was that she move her entire family into it with her. The second was to move Jocelyn in and make an honest woman of her. Undoubtedly her mother would go too, especially since the operation had ensured a long and productive life. Penelope had not only paid for the health care, but immediately began impressing her friends with the new stylist she had found.

The final condition was that the apparent twins could get together on a regular basis and see if they could truly be friends. For her part, Penelope was sure Kess would agree.

Penelope frowned slightly. Her only true regret was that her father had paid the ultimate price for her to discover the root of happiness. In his absence, it was more important than ever to surround herself with those she cared about.

Copyright April 2008 by Deathlynx

deathlynx
deathlynx
296 Followers