Modern Somali Mythology Ch. 01

Story Info
Somali hero and superhuman allies fight monsters.
3.5k words
1.38
2.3k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,133 Followers

"This is insane," Osman Jaber said, looking at the silhouettes surrounding the farm, and the young Dhampir shook his head. Not for the first time, Osman wondered what on earth possessed him to accept a job as a security guard for Black Rose Farm Ltd. In the middle of frigging nowhere. Well, the thirty-dollar-an-hour salary and the long list of benefits appealed to the tall, lean Somali brother originally from the City of Edmonton, Alberta. How bad could life be in Albertan farming country anyways?

"Those are Wendigos alright," said Selena Bonita, and the young Latin woman flashed Osman a cocky grin. Five-foot-eight, curvy and sexy, with light bronze skin and curly dark hair, Selena is a newcomer to Alberta by way of Dajabon, Dominican Republic. The young Dominican woman was, like the entirety of their surviving team, decidedly more than she seemed. When Selena looked at Osman after peering through the windows, he noticed that her eyes were bright yellow now.

"I knew I shouldn't have taken this gig," said Quinn Paulson, and the tall, burly, blond-haired American, originally from Amarillo, Texas, shook his head. Osman laid a calming hand on Quinn's shoulder, silently urging the American to chill the fuck out. The last thing they needed was a frigging panic. Every human member of their team had been torn apart by the Wendigos, leaving only the enhanced ones. How would they fare against a supernatural horde?

Five hundred meters away, completely surrounding the main entrance to Black Rose Farms, the Wendigos were gathered in full force. Anyone looking at them would think they were some snow gorillas of sort, only they stood nine feet tall on average, and had glowing red eyes. They were ferocious monsters from Native American mythology, and by building Black Rose Farms on what the locals considered to be sacred ground, the industrialists and those who worked for them had incurred their wrath...

"Let's focus, people, we've got the entrance secured for the moment, and I've radioed for backup, there's an Alberta Provincial Police Station twenty kilometers away," Osman assured his team. Selena rolled her eyes while Quinn chuckled softly. With the enemy closing in on them, the police reinforcements might as well be on the dark side of the moon. The same Wendigos who made short work of the gun-toting rednecks who worked at Black Rose Farm would slaughter the three of them, unless a miracle happened...

Osman closed his eyes briefly, reaching out with his mind as he tried to contact the man-beasts outside. The behavior of the Wendigos didn't make much sense. They'd slaughtered the humans, and then, with nothing preventing them from storming the premises, they stayed outside. As the offspring of a vampire mother and a human father, Osman possessed certain unique gifts. Still, even the stoic Dhampir had to admit that the situation looked bleak...

"You're my son, Osman, and you could be stronger than any vampire or any human," said his mother Muno Jaber. The conversation took place over a year ago, shortly before Muno Jaber left the province of Alberta for good. Even though Muno had been around for many centuries, she would always look like a tall, slim, dark-skinned Somali woman in her early forties. That's the way Muno Jaber looked since she became a vampire back in Somalia, during the summer of 1786. Immortality does have its upsides, that's for damn sure...

"I'll never fit in anywhere," Osman said to his mother, and Muno hugged her son and told him to take heart. In the vampire community, it is forbidden to create Dhampirs. The offspring of vampires and humans tend to be exceptionally strong and quite gifted when it comes to slaughtering vampires. Osman was stronger than any human male of his age and size ought to be, and he had sharp senses, but he wasn't quite superhuman. All around the world, vampires killed Dhampirs every chance they get. If it weren't for Muno's fiercely protective ways, Osman wouldn't have lived to adulthood.

"Osman, I didn't raise you to be a whiner, the world can be yours but you must take it," Muno admonished her son, and Osman nodded. Mother and son exchanged a heartfelt hug at the Edmonton International Airport, and then Muno boarded a flight out of the city, presumably never to return. Osman Jaber was on his own. After a couple of years at MacEwan University, Osman decided to use his supernatural abilities to make money. The young Somali-Canadian got himself a gun, and a private investigator's licence, and began working.

The life of a private investigator agreed with Osman Jaber. One of the hottest ladies Osman ever slept with, Shira Thompson of Calgary, Alberta, was a former client. The six-foot-tall, blonde-haired and blue-eyed MILF hired Osman to keep tabs on her former husband, Canadian real estate mogul and multimillionaire Lawrence Thompson. Osman got hard evidence of Lawrence's infidelity, which Shira then forwarded to her lawyers, and to the Canadian tabloid press, of course. As a reward, Osman collected his rather generous fee...and got to smash the lovely Shira.

"You were amazing, handsome," Shira told Osman, as they lay in bed together in her lovely townhouse, located in the moneyed Eagle Ridge area of metropolitan Calgary, Alberta. Osman looked at Shira, and grinned, for the sexy, naked blonde reminded him of Hollywood legend Sharon Stone during her Basic Instinct days. This gal could have given a boner to Elton John himself, she was that hot. Osman kissed Sharon and caressed her breasts, then nuzzled on her neck...

"It gets better," Osman assured Shira, and he kissed her breasts before making his way to her pierced belly button. The blonde MILF moaned softly and guided her tall, dark-skinned lover down to her sweet spot. Osman buried his face between Shira's legs and began eating her pussy. When it comes to eating pussy, Osman is a real connoisseur, having gone down on Somali ladies, French ladies and even Asian ladies in his time. The blonde MILF was in for a real treat, and Osman did not disappoint...

"Oh yes, fuck me," Shira screamed as Osman took her on all fours, face down and ass up. The tall young Somali guy showed his favorite blonde MILF what he was working with. Osman drilled his long and thick, dark dick into Shira's pussy and the tall blonde MILF moaned deeply, grinding her round ass against her lover's groin. They fucked and sucked the night away, and this was the first of many passionate nights for the two of them. Osman has a thing for sexy women from other communities, and there's nothing wrong with that. Shira Thompson ended up getting more than half of her cheating husband Lawrence's fortune in the divorce, and she was most thankful to Osman...

For the most part, Osman did odd jobs, like following around wealthy men whose wives suspected them of cheating. Occasionally, though, Osman had to deal with supernatural threats. There was a ghost in Calgary's south end that terrorized an apartment complex. Osman banished the ghost using some arcane spells he got from a Haitian buddy of his, Carl Pierre from Montreal, Quebec. Osman also dealt with a case of demonic possession in Mississauga, Ontario. In both cases, Osman came through for his clients and saved the day. Osman's reputation as a private detective grew. That's how he ended up on Black Rose Farm's radar.

"Mister Jaber, you came highly recommended," said Helen Bridges, the tall, dark-haired and bronze-skinned, sharply attired lady rep from Black Rose Farms board of directors. Osman shook the lady's hand and smiled politely. They were meeting in a nice office in downtown Edmonton, in the civilized world, about as far from big farms in the middle of nowhere as one can get. Osman smelled a rat but kept his cool. Why would Albertans, whose love of guns was legendary, need someone with his skill set on a farm?

"If you need me, then there's something unusual happening," Osman said, and Helene Bridges nodded approvingly. Over the next half hour, the lady launched into a tirade about Native American mythology, Native American land rights, and Albertan politics. Osman nodded politely, though he didn't care for this kind of talk. The brother liked to go in, beat the supernatural menace into submission, get paid and go home. Politics and the environment were boring topics as far as Osman was concerned...

"What do you know of Wendigos?" Helene Bridges asked Osman, and he thought about it before shrugging. The last time Osman heard the word Wendigo, he was watching that old movie Ravenous, starring Robert Carlisle. If Black Rose Farms had a cannibal problem, they ought to be hiring more rednecks with guns instead of a super chill, supernaturally gifted brother from the inner city. Osman liked to fight monsters, not people who act like monsters...

"Very little," Osman replied, and Helene Bridges gave him the rundown about these monsters from Native American mythology. Helene Bridges seemed to know a lot about Native American mythology, which made sense since she was part Native. Seventy three hours later, with all of the human workers at Black Rose Farms devoured, and only two other survivors left beside himself, Osman wished he'd paid attention to Helene Bridges exposition on the monsters. Osman was still taking that little trip down memory lane when Selena Bonita snapped her fingers in front of his face.

"Wake up, home slice," Selena said with a hiss, and Osman frowned, supremely annoyed by the feisty Latina's demeanor. Osman nodded at Selena, then noticed that their buddy Quinn had gone quiet. The American groaned as if in pain, and once Osman and Selena saw what was happening to him, they took a step back. Hair grew all over Quinn's body while his eyes turned a feral yellow, and his teeth elongated into fangs while his fingernails became claws.

"That's right, ladies and gents, I'm a Wolf-Man," Quinn growled, and Osman nodded, while Selena smiled sheepishly. Osman looked at the massive, towering humanoid-and-wolfish creature that Quinn had become with newfound respect. The transformed Quinn had to be eight feet tall at least, and huge. Werewolves were serious players in the supernatural world. It felt good to have one on their side. Osman had sensed that Selena and Quinn were more than human since he met them, but he didn't know specifically what they were...

"Might as well show you what I got," Selena said, and as Osman and Quinn looked on, the young Dominican woman transformed as well. Selena's skin went from light bronze to a bluish and purplish hue, and her eyes turned bright yellow, while her ears and face took on a downright elfin aspect. When Selena cackled, Osman actually winced while Quinn burst out laughing. What the fuck? Osman wondered as Selena snapped her fingers, and sparks of energy flew between them.

"You're a Bruja, what they call a Witch, in Spanish," Osman said, and Selena nodded. He was about to ask her another question when the sound of charging bodies moving in their direction silenced him. The Wendigos charged through Black Rose Farms and made their way to the command center, where the three of them happened to be hiding. Roaring, Quinn leapt forward and went out to meet the charging Wendigos. Werewolves are the brawlers of the supernatural world, the type of creature that never runs from a fight...

"I'm done hiding," Quinn bellowed, and Selena and Osman watched as the Wolf-Man ran straight through the charging Wendigos. The monsters met the werewolf's charge head on, matching him in ferocity and raw power. Quinn bared his fangs and swiped at the Wendigos with his claws, dropping one monster after another. They came for him, a dozen powerful monsters, and Osman feared that he was about to watch his colleague die...

"Hombre, what are you, scared? Let's go help el gringo," Selena screamed, and without waiting for Osman's response, the Bruja took off. Osman watched, amazed, as Selena took to the air, and flew toward the Wendigos. They had Quinn cornered and were ready to rip the valiant werewolf apart. Selena hurled bolts of electricity at the Wendigos, but the witch's powers were little more than an annoyance for the monsters.

"Banditos, you will fall before our might," Selena shrieked, and the witch alighted next to Quinn, lending the beleaguered werewolf a helping hand. The witch and the wolf-man found themselves surrounded by the Wendigo army. In seconds they would be torn to shreds. Selena tried to summon the lightning but such eldritch power was beyond a witch of her years. She flashed Quinn a defiant smile, and the wolf-man nodded his shaggy head understandingly. Time to make their final stand.

"Seniorita, it's been an honor fighting by your side," Quinn said in his rich Texas drawl, which his werewolf visage rendered inhumanly deep. The Wendigos drew closer, their eyes aglow with rage and hunger, their fangs bared, claws ready to tear the superhuman defenders to shreds. Selena readied her energy blasts. She would not go down easy. The Wendigos would have to fight for every morsel of her flesh, that's for damned sure.

"They're doomed," Osman said, and the young Dhampir closed his eyes, unwilling to watch the Wendigo army tear his friends to pieces. Quinn and Selena fought bravely but they were outnumbered and outmatched. A witch and a werewolf were hapless before an inhuman army that has existed long before humanity became the dominant species on the planet earth. Unless...

"Osman, you are my son, born of vampire and human, your powers could be astounding," Muno's voice chimed into her son's mind. Osman's eyes snapped open, and the vampiric blood flowing through his veins seized him. Osman fell to his knees, and he felt something stir deep inside of him. Images flashed in his mind, of vampires and humans locked in eternal combat, of super predators and their ferocious prey. When Osman rose to his feet, he was...changed.

"Here I am," Osman bellowed, and the Dhampir launched himself at his enemies. Selena and Quinn fought the three Wendigos nearest them, but there were a dozen more closing in on them. Three Wendigos pinned Quinn to the ground, while three more came for Selena. Before the Bruja could throw her energy blasts at them, the Wendigos overpowered her. She found herself on her back, pinned down by the man-shaped beasts.

"Hope you choke on my flesh," Selena spat as the Wendigos got ready to slaughter her. The one nearest her suddenly gasped, and a fist appeared in its chest, literally ripping its heart out. The monster fell, and Osman appeared. The tall, dark-skinned young man stood there, looking downright feral. Osman's teeth had turned into fangs, and there was a feral gleam in his normally soulful brown eyes. Whatever had come over Osman, Selena definitely approved...

"Behind you," Quinn cried, and Osman turned to see three Wendigos charging him. Quinn tackled one of the man-beasts, but the other two came for Osman. Moving at a rate of speed that Selena would have thought impossible outside of Hollywood movies, Osman tore into the Wendigos. He decapitated the first, and disemboweled the second. Without breaking stride, Osman grabbed hold of the Wendigo that was struggling against Quinn and tore the man-beast in half.

"Brother, thanks," Quinn said, and Osman nodded, then went after the remaining Wendigos. As Selena and Quinn watched, astonished, Osman raced to the other Wendigos. The man-beasts were huge, fierce and strong, but Osman was moving faster than anything human, or even superhuman, ought to be able to move. The Dhampir was almost cartoonishly fast. In no time at all, Osman slaughtered the remaining Wendigos. All but one remained...

The last Wendigo stood its ground, and looked balefully at the three superhumans. Quinn and Selena joined Osman, and together, the three of them faced the last of their foes. The last Wendigo seemed a bit shorter and slender compared to the others, though not by much. Osman was about to launch himself at the last Wendigo when Selena laid a restraining hand on his arm. The dhampir growled, and Quinn tensed, wondering if their buddy was about to turn on them.

"Look," Selena said, and she pointed at the last Wendigo, who was transforming before their very eyes. The man-beast grew smaller and shorter, and its muscular body and furry white coat melted away. The monstrous figure coalesced into the form of a tall, dark-haired and bronze-skinned young woman of Native American descent. Osman gasped as he recognized Helen Bridges, the representative of Black Rose Farms board of directors, and the person who hired him.

"Osman, you and your fellow freaks ruined my plans but since the intruders are dead, and their farm destroyed, I'll take that as a consolation prize," Helene Bridges said tersely. The young woman pulled something out of her pocket, a device similar to an old-fashioned Blackberry. She clicked on it, and then the whole building blew up. The explosion nearly sent the three heroes sprawling, and it was a testament to their durability that they remained on their feet...

"You're the one behind it all," Quinn said, shaking his head. For reasons unknown, the wolf-man shifted right then and there, going from wolf-like bipedal monstrosity to tall, handsome and awkward, blond-haired urban cowboy. As if taking a cue from Quinn, Selena morphed from her chartreuse-hued witchy self to her regular, sexy Latin self. Osman remained battle ready, never taking his feral gaze off of their combined enemy. In human form or as a Wendigo, Helene Bridges was not to be trifled with...

"I was born of a Wendigo father and a human mother from the Big Stone Cree First Nations people of Alberta, and it is my duty to stop European encroachment on sacred grounds," Helene Bridges said angrily. The young Native woman's eyes glowed with fury, and she seemed ready to kill and die for her beliefs. Selena and Quinn tensed, bracing themselves for a final climactic battle with their fearsome enemy. Osman, though, seemed to be thinking things over...

"Helene, you and I have endured hell at the hands of humans, for unique reasons, we don't have to be enemies," Osman said firmly. The tall young Dhampir walked up to the young Native woman, and held out his hand. Selena and Quinn placed themselves on either side of Osman, ready to intervene if Helene tried anything. She was no more human than they were, and quite formidable in her own right. Osman was making a mistake by reaching out to her...

"Brother, I don't trust her, watch out," Quinn warned, but Osman shook his head and paused, no more than two meters from Helene. The young Native woman looked at the Dhampir and his acolytes. If Helene wasn't mistaken, the tall young white guy with the Texan accent was a werewolf, and the young Latin woman was a witch, a magic wielder of sorts. Osman seemed to resemble a vampire, but he certainly didn't smell like one. What on earth was he?

"We can't be friends or allies if you serve those who would violate the lands that have been sacred to my tribe long before Europe was a blip in the geopolitical radar," Helene said angrily. Osman nodded, and smiled at her. This proud son of Somalia, in whose veins flowed both human and vampire blood, certainly could relate to the young Native woman's plight. Surprising everyone, Osman actually genuflected, and then resumed his human aspect.

"Helene, I am sorry for what we've done, and I would like to make up for it," Osman said softly. Helene looked at Osman, and wondered why this half-human, half-vampire hybrid was bowing before her. Moments later, the feral warrior seemed ready to kill her, as he'd slaughtered the other Wendigos that had come from all over North America to defend the land from Black Rose Farm and its encroachment. Could this feral warrior be sincere?

"Osman, I want to believe you, and you will have only one chance to prove your sincerity, if you betray me, I will end you," Helene swore, and Osman nodded. The young Dhampir rose to his feet and shook hands with the last of the Wendigo. Selena and Quinn exhaled in relief, and looked at Osman and Helene, who stood side by side. The sun rose over the beginnings of a reconciliation between this quartet of monsters doomed to walk the earth disguised as ordinary men and women...

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,133 Followers
12