Moment of Clarity

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She put her hands out as if to grab me but left them hanging in the air.

'I don't want this, baby. I don't know how, but there's got to be some way we can fix this."

"Not really."

I leaned forward to kiss her and tasted her tears.

"Our marriage is over. I want to see the boys and stay in their life, but there's no 'us' anymore."

"Because you hate me."

I looked into her glistening eyes.

"No, I love you which is why this is so hard. But you can't breathe life into a corpse."

"We could go to counseling, see a sex therapist. Anything."

"We won't because deep down you don't want to be married to me anymore. I don't think you believe we could ever make it work."

"How can you say that?"

"Remember I said that silence is eloquent. Sometimes silence says more than words. I know you don't really want to save our marriage because ever since I let you know I was leaving, you never said the two things that would have shown me that you still want me. They're the first things I would have said to you, but they never came out of your mouth."

We stared at each other and the question was clear in her eyes.

"You never said, 'Don't go, please don't go'."

As it finally sank in on her she dropped to her knees and buried her face in her hands. She was crying as I walked out the door.

THE END