Moments in Time

Story Info
Molly and Max create a fantasy.
14.2k words
4.22
12.4k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1: New Year's Eve

I knew this night would be a New Year's Eve like no other. It was already shaping up to be just that. Over the years I had attended memorable New Year's parties. But I was positive there had never one quite like this one. I was alone in this strange city... not exactly by choice. My boss had sent me to finalize a contract that she had been working on. At the last minute, she wasn't able to make the trip to obtain the final signatures. Her latest lover wanted to take her to Jamacia for the holiday season, and she had asked me... told me really... to go in her place.. Work through Christmas and New Years to make sure the multi-million dollar contract was secured. Thankfully, my husband was most supportive of my job with this firm and was very understanding of this last minute change in holiday plans. I was nervous to be on my own in a strange city but now that I was here, I was certainly going to make the most of it!.

I had been given a very generous expense account and my boss told me to spare no expense in dressing to impress our client. I shopped at some of the finest shops in the city and splurged on myself like never before.

Now I was getting ready for the New Year's Eve party ahead of me. I was to meet with our client in the early am on New Year's Day, to wrap up all the paperwork, before I headed back home to my more ordinary life.

I languished in the sudsy tub. The aroma of the fragrant bath oil was just enough to mesmerise my senses. I had poured a glass of champagne to sip, as I soaked. The bottle sat in an icebucket within arms reach. "May as well go for the full enjoyment!" I reminded myself. This was a dream-like evening. I let my body totally relax as I sipped the champagne. I arose from the luxurious water and towelled myself off. I massaged lotion all over my warm skin and dabbed my delicately scented perfume everywhere... under my breasts... behind my knees... on my inner thighs. I slipped on gossamer, thin panties. Simply exquisite!. I had never owned anything so delicate. The wispy panties were nude in color... almost the color of my skin... just a shade darker. You could see the outline of my lips through the material... I wondered if anyone... other than me... would ever appreciate this. I slipped on the matching garter belt and slid my perfumed legs into the the silkiest black stockings that I had ever seen. I stood before the mirror and took in my reflection. At 41 years of age, with two children, my breasts were still quite firm and I could go braless if I wanted to. I was tall and my hips were fairly slim... almost an invisible difference to what they had been, even 15 years ago.

My dress was a dream. It hung to mid calf and the expert, tailored cut, fit my body to perfection. It was as if it were designed just for me to wear. It left my shoulders bare and plunged slightly into the cleavage of my breasts... but not too much as to appear cheap. The dress was a soft black, crocheted lace, overlaid on a nude color satin. At a glance, one might think that he could see right through the black lace and see my body. I would not need a bra as the dress was form fitting and moulded itself to my shape. I felt good about my looks. I wanted to be noticed this evening! I slipped my feet into the heavenly black shoes designed with several very thin strips of soft glove leather. The 4 inch heels would add to my already 5'8" height and I knew that I would stand out in the crowd. I brushed my hair until it shone. I wanted to appear naturally sexy, so I placed a pale pink flower over my left ear allowing my hair to cascade over my bare shoulders. Deciding to keep the bare look, I chose not wear a necklace. I added dangling diamond earrings to complete the picture. I surveyed myself in the mirror. Just a little makeup to bolster my image... My cheeks were already glowing.. it must be the champagne! I outlined my lips with a pale brown... almost nude color... lipliner. I filled in the color on my lips with a pale sheen... making my bottom lip look very full. That was all the make up required. I had a pink, natural look and my blue eyes were bright.

I stood before the full length mirror and surveyed my appearance. The dress was slit to just above the knee on the left side and each time I walked my leg long came into view. I liked the effect. I thought to myself "HMmmm.... pretty good for an old married gal!" I looked sexy... and I still looked professional. I hope our client liked how I looked!

I called the front desk to arrange for a car to drive me to the party. I decided to have another drink while I waited, so I poured myself a glass of Bailey's Irish Cream... over ice. As I sipped the creamy drink, I gazed out over the city. I had a marvelous view from my hotel room, and for a second I was wishing that I had someone to share it with me. "Stop that!" I admonished myself. "You are going to have a wonderful evening." The phone rang... I jumped... Who could that be? It was the front desk... the car was ready. I thanked the clerk and laughed to myself... Ms Executive indeed! I gulped the last of my Bailey's, allowing it to swirl in my mouth before I swallowed. One last check in the mirror... a touch of lipstick to freshen my smile. My eyes met those of my reflection and momentarily shared a secret smile. I reached for my black sequined evening purse and my cashmere wrap. "Ready or not here I come...!" I thought to myself.

As I emerged from the elevator in the lobby, I caught a glimspe of him, as he stopped to gaze in my direction. I was sure I knew him... but I couldn't!! I knew I could never forget such a man.... so tall... so erect... so confident! He stood above everyone in the room. I could still feel his gaze upon me as the driver held the car door for me to get in. As I forced my mind back to the present... "Hmm-mmm!" I thought. "These rare fleeting moments in time....!" I looked straight ahead.

The party was being held at the home of our client. It was a magnificent house. I was feeling totally impressed as a man answered the door. He took my wrap and presented me to my Host and Hostess. "We are so glad you could join us for New Year's Eve celebration. Your husband did not accompany you?" My client, a very attractive man of 35 or so, shook my hand. Not wanted to appear taken aback by his comment (this option was not given to me), I replied. "You have a very lovely home. I am very pleased to be here. Thank you for having me." I took the glass of wine that the waiter offered to me. It struck me then, that I did not know anyone! Chin up, I walked into the crowd.

There were many people, all looking as if they totally belonged. "I am living a fantasy!" I thought. All of a sudden a feeling of absolute control came over me. I am here! This is really me! A man bumped into a beautiful girl standing next to me. He apologized and then asked her if she would like to dance. There was a band playing amd many guests were dancing. The girl declined his offer saying "Perhaps later." I watched her as she wandered around the room. She was very pleasant, but I could tell she was totally preoccupied. During small talk, I learned that she and I were there for the same reason. We had the same client, and as part of a corporate merger, we were both there for business. Her meetings had finalized that day, and she was finishing off her trip with this party. I saw her glancing at the clock. Too bad she was not having a good time... may as well... it's only one evening... I watched her as she stood to one side and watched the crowd.

I mingled back into the ballroom. As I reached the dance floor, I saw him... the tall blonde man from the lobby! I couldn't believe my eyes! What a coincidence...! My moment in time had again materialized in front of me. He looked so striking in his tux. Our eyes met and locked for what seemed like an eternity. Without a word he led me to the dance floor. I was glad for my height. Even with the added shoes, my forehead rested against his chin. I felt as if I was born to mould against his body. We fit so well as we swayed to the intoxicating music. I could follow his expert lead and as we turned, he suddenly pressed his lips to mine... So much passion....! I was giddy... from ... was it only the drinks? My head was spinning. I still felt a familiarity about the mysterious stranger. We did not talk at all.... only smiled and gazed into each others eyes.

"There's something about the way you look tonight.... that takes my breath away...."

I longed for the dance to go on forever. He smiled at me to melt my very being, and without a word... he escorted me back to where I had left my drink. With a sensual kiss on my hand, he moved into the crowd. I held myself in check so as not to follow him. I finished my drink and felt the need to see him again... to maybe even dance with him... just once more. I moved in the direction he had gone. I suddenly spotted him. He was talking to the young girl in gold. She had all of a sudden become animated and was smiling up at him like a love sick puppy.His look told her that she was the only girl in the room, and my heart twisted sharply as he took her arm and led her down the hallway. I felt a big lump in my throat as I watched him pull her into his arms and kiss her deeply. I knew I should not have been watching, but I was aching to be in her place as I watched his hands move over her body as she embraced him. He did not see me as I watched them. He opened a door in the hall and gently pushed her inside. I turned away and hot tears filled my eyes. Who did I think I was? Crying like a kid over someone I didn't even know...! I was married and should be thankful that I was here at all! I thought of maybe following them, but I was nervous of what I might find. I ceratinly didn't want to make a fool of myself. My eyes kept straying to the closed door, yet no one emerged. All of a sudden the night was different. I wished I was back in my room... or even home... at least there, I could run to my Max.....

Oh no...! OH MY GOD!!!!

Could it be? Could it really be...? I was sure that I had recognized him... yes it is... it IS him! Max...!!! All of sudden, I couldnt get out of the room fast enough. I didnt want Max to know it was me. We had been e-lovers for months now, and the thought that such a coincidence could occur and put us in the same party in the same city on New Year Eve, must too much to take in. The golden girl must have been Meg. Oh why did it have to be like this? Tonight... of all nights...??

Finally, I saw them come back down the hallway. They were both dishevelled but neither of them seemed to care as they joined the noisy crowd. I willed him to look at me. I knew, without doubt, what has just taken place between them, and I was soooo jealous. It was an emotion that I had never experienced before, but I knew that Max liked Meg a lot, and I certainly knew (from what Max had told me) how Meg felt about him.

As I watched them say thank you to the hosts, I was trembling. He turned to walk out of the party ... to ... Ohhh!! I wouldn't let myself think about it! I would be strong. He was just the figment of my imagination.... I mustn't forget. Ohh!

I never took my eyes off him... and just as he turned to bid goodnight.. his eyes met mine. "Max... Darling... It's me.... Molly!! Please read my heart...!" I poured all my feelings into that silent look and I could see his smile diminish and his brows crease slightly...

Was this really Max or was it what I wanted to believe? If it was, would this be our only moment in time....??

Then he smiled again and shut the door behind him....

Chapter 2: The Brand New Year By Molly

I groaned as I rolled over to look at the clock. 7:54am! I couldn't believe my eyes! I had set it to alarm for 7am! Reality flooded my mind in a massive rush! I was scheduled to meet with my client, Alain Richard, at 9am. Then I had to catch my 11:30 flight back home. Dammit! Why did I oversleep? I had less than an hour to get ready and drive to this important meeting! I jumped out of bed and into the shower. As the hot water coursed down over my body, I allowed the memory of last night's New Years' Eve party to wash over me. I had felt... right from the beginning that it would be a very different New Year's... and I wasn't wrong! It was much more different than even I could have imagined...

OHhhh...!! I hoped the throbbing in my head would subside before 9o'clock. I was not accustomed to partying as I had done last night... or early this morning... Not anymore! I had found a young man who liked to dance, and like me, he was alone... so we just danced all evening long. We must have been the last ones to leave the dance floor. Towards the end of the evening, his moves and his hands were becoming a little too familiar. I knew he wanted to accompany me back to my hotel suite, but considering that I was a married woman, I stood firm and said no. I asked myself if I would have said no as quickly if it had been Max... Even now, I was still basking in his afterglow...

I determinedly pushed Max to the back of my mind as I dressed to meet Mr. Richard. We were to meet at his office, which was a 15-minute drive from my hotel. I breathed a big sigh of relief as I phoned the front desk at 8:20 to arrange for a car to drive me to AR Enterprises. I hung up the telephone and went back to make myself a coffee. Thank goodness I had the presence of mind last night, to set the coffee to automatically perk for 7:30am! My phone rang as I was gathering together my portfolio. Hmmm! That was quick! I was going to be early...but better that than late. I answered the phone on the 3rd ring.

"Hello... Molly? This is Alain Richard. I'm sorry for this last minute notice, but I will be unable to meet with you this morning as scheduled. I have arranged for my assistant to reschedule the meeting for Monday, the 4th. She will call you with the new time. I trust you had a nice time last evening, Molly... Happy New Year! Again, please accept my apology for such short notice cancellation. Good day."

With that, he was gone and I stood there with the phone in my hand... Three full days before Monday...! Should I go home and return again on Monday? Depending on the time of the meeting on Monday, I might have to return Sunday night. My boss was not scheduled to return from Jamacia until Wednesday... I called my husband and explained the situation to him... "Do what you have to do, Honey! We'll be okay... Why not make the most of the next three days and enjoy your stay. Call me tonight... Take care. Kisses from me and the kids." Then he too was gone and I was alone. The phone rang immediately. It was the front desk. My car was ready... "What the heck!" I thought. I grabbed my purse and headed for the elevator...

The three days passed by so quickly. It was heavenly not having to do anything other than spoil myself. On Friday, New Years Day, after a drive around the city, I lazed around the hotel. I swam in the pool and relaxed in the sauna. I had brought my laptop, so I connected to AOL and chatted for awhile. AOL was not too exciting without Max. Again I pushed thoughts of him out of my head. My mind must have been working overtime last night, when I thought I had seen him. I wasn't positive that it even was him. Oh well...!!

On Saturday, I shopped... which in itself was a luxury! I bought gifts for everyone at home. I went sightseeing and ate lunch at an exotic cafe in the downtown. I splurged on little things for me... sexy underwear, a bathing suit, new shoes and perfume. All three nights, I ate an exquisite dinner. On Friday I ate lobster at the hotel. On Saturday... I ate more seafood, while overlooking the city, and on Sunday... I rnjoyed an early supper at a beautiful Italian restaurant. I had thought that I might feel strange eating alone, but on all nights I was lavished with attention. So much so in fact, that I was thinking that I might have difficulty readjusting to being Mrs. Ordinary, Working Mom & Housewife.

Mr. Richard's office had left a message late on Saturday afternoon, that the meeting was now scheduled for 9am on Monday, so I booked a 12 noon flight home. As much as I was glad to be going home tomorrow, I was going to miss this wonderful lifestyle.

On Sunday, I arrived back at my hotel around 6:30pm. This being my last night, I decided to spend a very relaxing evening at the hotel. I changed into my bathing suit and headed for the swimming pool. I dove into the water and did 2 leisure laps of the length of the pool. The water was cool but so refreshing. I floated on my back and stared up at the beautiful shrubbery and plants that were so elegantly hanging over and around the pool. "HMmmm... this is the life!" I said out loud.

"It sure is... with scenery like this...!" A male voice entered my calm reverie. I splashed as I tried to regain my balance. I quickly swam to the side and pulled myself out of the water. I glanced in the direction of the voice. I caught sight only as the man dove into the water effortlessly. As much as I loved flattery and admiration from the opposite sex, I really wanted to be alone with my thoughts, so I gathered my things together and headed for the sauna. "Enjoy your swim!" I called out, as I headed down the corridor to the change room area.

I discarded my black swimsuit and wrapped myself in a big white fluffy towel. I rolled the edges of the towel and tucked them tightly between my breasts. The temperature of the sauna registered that it was ready, so I entered. I poured on several containers of water and steam quickly filled the room. I lay down on one of the cedar ledges and closed my eyes and listened to the music that seemed to come from everywhere. Lulled by the music, I did not hear the door open and someone come in. The first sense that I was not alone was a small throat clearing, "Ahem!" I sat up and through the steamy room... I saw him...!

"You are one woman who is difficult to catch!" His voice breathed into my consciousness. "You are Molly, aren't you?"

"Max?" I was totally at a loss for words.

"Oh Molly, how I wish I had known you were going to be here in this hotel... this weekend...!" I was shaking in wonderment at this unexpected turn of events. Max knelt beside me and took my hand in his large one. "I want nothing more than to look at you... to drink in your lovliness. Please don't be scared of me... you know me... you know I am harmless. I would like nothing more than to hold you and kiss you... but I dare not... Please... let's get dressed and join me for a drink... please?" Max's look was pleading as his voice questioned me.

I held my towel tight to me as I ran out the door....

Chapter 3: The Connection, Part 1 By Max

I considered letting you go, not interfering in your personal life more than I already had. You hurried past me, through the swirling steam, and out the door. I knew that, if I did not follow you, you might disappear completely from my life. The awkwardness of the moment might even bring an end to our online relationship, for all I knew. It was an incredible stroke of luck that had brought us to this same hotel, at this same time. What were the chances of my ever finding you again? I decided to follow.

Catching up with you just as you were about to open the door to your room, I called out to you. You turned to look at me, and I saw that you were fighting back tears. My heart sank, as I was torn between my attraction to you and my desire to spare you further pain. Before you could enter the room, I was by your side.

"Don’t shut me out, Molly."

"I can’t do this," you said.

"Then let’s just talk. Please." I placed my hands on your bare shoulders and felt you tremble. "If you shut me out now, it may be the end of something we both treasure."