Moments: Second Chances

Story Info
Unlucky pair find each other.
9.4k words
4.75
33.7k
14

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 01/10/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once in a while there are moments that occur in one's life that seem to stand out more so than any of the rest. Sometimes those moments are bad, and sometimes they are good, but one thing about them that no one can ever dispute is - once you have them, things will never be the same.

"Thank you, Ma'am. God bless you and good evening."

"You are welcome. Enjoy. God bless you."

The serving line continued on eternally. Sarah Rose Appleton lifted her glove-covered hand and wiped the sweat off her brow onto her sleeve before lifting the second helping of stuffing onto the next plate. It was Friday night and she volunteered, like she does every Friday night, to serve dinner to the homeless at Saint Agnes in downtown Chicago. It was a service she had performed every year since she was 14 and at 28 she still felt compel to continue.

Sister Mary Beth rested a comforting hand on young Sarah's shoulder. Surprised, Sarah looked up into a pair of warm, inviting eyes and smiled through the blanket of tiredness that rested upon her soul.

"God will bless you child. He looks fondly on angels."

Sarah blushed. Sister Mary Beth has been calling her an earth bound angel for as long as she could remember. Her heart was just that pure, she said. But Sarah Rose did not view herself as an angel. Angels were beautiful creatures and she was anything but. She could still hear the shouts and accusations...

"What do you think you are doing?"

Young, wide, innocent brown eyes looked up in the mirror. A smile bloomed on her painted face. Tones of golden brown, ruby red, and soft pleasant pink layered her sweet face.

"I'm making myself pretty, papa. Just like mama used to do."

The drunk in the bathroom door just snorted and laughed. It wasn't a particularly kind laugh. "You could never amount to her. Why are you even trying?" He stumbled into the bathroom nearly knocking her over. He unzipped his pants and pulled out a flaccid cock and began to aim.

"Papa!" she exclaimed, turning her head, trying not to see. Barely out of her teens, she never seen a man's appendage, other than her fathers and a few in magazines that papa kept under his bed. Magazines containing images of men and women, in various acts of sin, wearing looks of pleasure, as well as pain. She hated when he did that in front of her. He didn't seem to care what might be appropriate or what would offend. He showed her no respect.

Piss streamed from his cock and poured into the tub. It lasted a while. So long she almost turned around to leave the bathroom when she saw him bounce up and down. Lifting her eyes slightly toward the mirror, she saw him. She saw it. He held it in his hand and shook it; golden little droplets fell. Then he tucked it away out of sight and the raspy sound of the zipper filled the air.

He stumbled backwards then, nearly falling. He reached out for her, for balance. Piss stained hands gripped her. She tensed in apprehension and disgust. Gaining control, he looked at her again, staring at her reflection, seeing her amateur makeup job. He began to laugh again.

"You look like a clown! A fat, ugly clown! Pretty, my ass. Who would ever want a lard-filled thing like you? Hahahaha." He stumbled out the room and made it to the living room, just managing to find the sofa before he threw up in the potted plant on the side. After a few seconds he fell on top the couch and passed out.

Once joyous, the sad brown eyes in the mirror filled with tears as she watched. Then looking at herself, she grabbed a hand towel and began washing the makeup off. Times like this she missed her mother to show her how things were done. Once done, she sighed. Reaching down for her cleaning bucket and gloves, she prepared for the task of washing out the tub and cleaning the mess beside the sofa...

No, Sarah Rose was far from beautiful. She continued to serve the countless smelly bodies that paraded in front of her. Her hand-me-down attire didn't look much different from theirs except it was cleaner. Most of her clothes were brought from thrift shops around town because there was never enough money to go shopping in real clothes stores. The outfit she was wearing now wasn't from any thrift shop. They were her father's. Rather than throw them out, he pushed them on her. The humiliating part of the matter was - they fit. Sarah Rose wasn't a small girl by any means. She was what the kind hearted would call 'big-boned' or 'full-figured.' But despite the additional curves that filled out her body, she did have a sort of feminine appeal about her that she was unaware of. A softness that came naturally to her, a sexiness of sorts that was sometimes overlooked due to her mass. If she were a bit smaller perhaps she would get more of the attention she deserved but as it were...

"Hello Miss Sarah Rose."

Sarah broke from autopilot mode and looked up. There, before her, stood Harvey. Her heart stopped. Harvey has been coming to St. Agnes church off and on for the last three years. He was somewhere in his mid thirties but years of living on the streets made him appear at least ten years older. He was missing a few bottom teeth from the side, but it was a facial flaw one tends to forget the moment Harvey took it upon himself to honor you with a smile. He had one of those smiles that were infectious. It was big and bright and seemed to light up his whole face. His eyes formed these little cosecant shapes that Sarah Rose liked to call mooneyes. She liked his smile. It always made her feel good.

"Hello Harvey." Sarah smiled shyly and looked into the stuffing, afraid to met his eyes. She wasn't afraid of him because she feared him, she was afraid of how he looked at her. When Harvey looked at her, for a moment, just for a moment, she forgot that she wasn't beautiful or even pretty. When Harvey looked at her, something about his eyes made her almost think she was.

To look at them, they made an interesting pair. Harvey stood nearly 6 feet tall with a long willow body, which can only be compared to a beanpole. Sarah on the other hand was just the opposite. At 5'3 and curvaceous, she was often called a butterball. Yet to anyone who bothered to pay attention, it was clear those differences didn't matter to either one.

"That stuffing is mighty delicious Miss Sarah Rose. Did you make it yourself?"

She turned a light pink and laughed. "Yes, Harvey. I did."

"Well Miss Sarah Rose. I don't think I want anything else in this line but your homemade stuffing. It is defiantly the nectar of the Gods."

She laughed again. He made her feel good. "Harvey! Stop! There is plenty of good food here tonight made by many fine people. "

Harvey just grinned. "Okay, Miss Sarah. I'll stop, but me stopping doesn't make it any less true. Sister Mary Beth is right. You are an angel." Then Harvey walked away to join his two buddies, Jim and Bob who saved a spot for him in the corner somewhere. Sarah watched him go and with him went her joy. She was no angel.

*****

It was sometime after Midnight when Sarah finally prepared herself for the five-block walk home. The sisters were concerned about her heading out so late on her own but she assured them she was familiar with the neighborhood and would be fine. She took a few steps away from the door when she heard her name being called.

"Miss Sarah Rose!"

Startled she turned and saw Harvey jogging toward her.

"Yes, Harvey?"

"Are you going home by yourself this late?"

She smiled, touched at his concern. "Yes. Don't worry. I'll be fine. I've done it before."

Harvey looked down at her with doubt and looked around the area. It was dark and the streets seemed deserted but from living on these very same streets over the last few years, he knew looks could be deceiving.

"Just the same Miss Sarah. I would like to walk you home if you don't mind. You could never be too sure."

She paused and then she too looked around her. It was late and even though she was used to walking home late she was never used to walking home this late. It was already 12:15 and the walk to her home was no more than 10 minutes away, but ten minutes could be a long time in the dark. The church closed their doors to 'residents' at 1 am. If he were to follow her and then turn around and head right back he should have no problem meeting curfew. She looked in his eyes and saw nothing but sincerity. In that moment, she made a decision. She slowly nodded. "All right."

The walk to her place was a quiet one. She was too nervous to think of anything engaging to say and he was busy keeping an eye out for any signs of trouble. The recent holidays didn't always bring out the best in some people. Within no time they made it to her apartment building. She didn't stop as she made it to the entryway, but rather held it open for him as he stepped in directly behind her. They took the elevator to the fourth floor and stopped in front of apartment 42 when finally she got the nerve to meet his eyes.

"This is it. Thank you, Harvey."

Harvey looked down at her and smiled a very sad smile, a wishful smile, a regretful smile. Then very quietly he said, "Good night Miss Sarah Rose."

He began to walk away. Bypassing the elevator, he made his way to the stairwell and Sarah watched him go. She turned back to her apartment and opened the door. She entered and looked briefly around when she suddenly turned and ran out into the hall. Reaching the stairwell, she opened the door and yelled out.

"Harvey?! Harvey are you there?"

A distant voice echoed around the curved walls. "Miss Sarah? Are you all right?"

Sighing her relief, she smiled and replied, "Yes. I'm fine Harvey, but could you come up for a moment please?"

A few seconds later Harvey's tall figure came around the bend. He paused and looked up at her. She smiled and said, "Would you like something to drink?"

He stared at her for a moment as if speechless. She blushed and looked down, suddenly unsure of her actions, afraid that he might reject her.

"Yes."

She looked up then. He wore a very serious expression, a watchful one. She looked away again and turned around and headed back to her apartment. He followed.

"I have some tea or some coffee, if you like."

She held opened the door for him and he paused at the threshed, then he stepped forward and she closed the door behind him. She took off her coat and hung it in the closet then she reached for his jacket.

"No. It's dirty. I don't want to ruin any of your nice stuff."

She simply looked at him with her arms still stretched out. "It's okay, Harvey. I don't mind. Truly."

He slowly pulled off the hand-me-down and watched as she put it on a hanger and hung it up next to hers.

"Now what would you like?"

"Tea would be nice, Miss Sarah Rose."

She smiled a charming smile and pointed to the couch so he may have a seat. Then she bounced off toward the kitchen with a spring in her step. Harvey took that moment to look around the apartment. It was a nice apartment, cozy, inexpensive. The furniture looked old and worn. The curtains and tablecloths looked handmade. On the mantelpiece above the television set were a row of pictures. He walked over and picked up the first one. There was a photo of a very pretty woman with a baby in her arms. The lady had eyes like Sarah's. Next was a picture of the same woman with a man. He guessed that was Sarah's father since they had similar facial features. Another photo showed the same woman holding a cubby little girl, that he assumed was Sarah. There were several more pictures over the years, with both Sarah and the woman. In the last picture she looked about ten years old. She looked happy, but the pictures stopped after that.

"Okay. I hope you like Earl Grey. It's my favorite."

He turned just as she put the tea set on the peeling, wooden coffee table. Coming around, he careful sat down and watched as she poured him a cup. After telling her how he liked it they sat in silence and drank.

Finally he asked, "Didn't you say you lived with your father?"

"Yes. But he's working the graveyard shift tonight. He usually works days but the late shift means a nice bonus check so he won't be back until tomorrow morning. I had forgotten until I entered the apartment. I knew we'll be alone, that was why I called—" she stopped in mid-sentence as if she realized what she had said and then she looked away again staring at the black screen of the television set.

He simply stared at her and smiled. "Thank you. It's been awhile since I had such good tea."

She looked up surprised and smiled. She was no longer uncomfortable. He liked her smile.

"Guess what?"

"What?" she asked.

"I got a job."

"What?! You did? When? How? Where?!"

He laughed. "It's nothing fancy, actually Sister Mary Beth helped me out. It's in that big office building downtown, the one with the funny shape. Looks like a bell? It's in their maintenance department. Since I'm always fixing things around the church Sister Mary Beth talked to one of the members of the church that works at the company and I met with him. I haven't worked in a while but I did pretty regularly before...well... before this... and since it was Sister Mary Beth, he pulled some strings for me. So now I got a job. I start the day after tomorrow. The church will loan me some money so I can buy the required uniform and then I will pay them back when I get my first check."

"Oh Harvey that's wonderful." Sarah Rose became so excited she put down her tea and wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. Surprised, he didn't have time to brace himself and they fell back onto the couch with her on top.

She paused in surprise over her own actions and began to pull away, but not before he felt her soft curves press along his body. His reaction was almost instantaneous and he moaned as his cock hardened so fast it was painful. It's been so long since he held a woman.

"Oh. I'm sorry. Sorry." She whispered as she tried to get up, but he wouldn't let her and after a second, she stopped trying. With wide eyes she looked down at him and then she felt it. Her eyes got even wider.

"Don't. Not yet. Please." His eyes were filled with a longing that made her begin to tingle. Then lowering her head she rested her check on his chest and they laid that way for a while, holding one another, not saying much of anything. At one point she tried to shift to get comfortable when he moaned yet again and his hands which were resting on her back slid lower and cupped her butt cheeks. She gasped in surprise as she lost her breath and feelings of lust exploded suddenly in her pussy, spreading out, rolling over her body.

He slowly pushed her upward until her head was directly under his chin and his hard dick met the pump mound of her pussy, between their clothes. His hardness began to grind against her. She laid there, holding on to him, clinging to him as she felt him move beneath her. Her breath was coming faster now. She stared at the television set, not really seeing much of anything but feeling, feeling the waves of pleasure move inside her body as she felt him beneath.

"Coo, coo. Coo, coo." Chimed the little Coo-Coo clock mounted against the wall.

The noise was unexpected, causing them both to jump in surprise. Then Harvey muttered an 'oh shit' and Sarah Rose took that moment to lift herself off of him. He let her go and stared at the clock on the wall. He looked like he was thinking really hard, probably calculating where he could find a place to sleep tonight. It was one o'clock. He had missed curfew.

She looked down at him seeing his frustration. She looked over his body. He really was a handsome man. Dark skin, jet-black hair, lovely brown eyes, an amazing smile. She couldn't see too much of his lower face. It was covered with matted hair, but it didn't matter. When Sarah looked at him she didn't see a homeless person anymore, she saw someone who managed to make her feel something she didn't think she could ever feel for another human being and she wasn't sure if she wanted to waste the opportunity that presented itself. Making a decision, she reached out and her fingers climbed over the stained incrusted denim pants and found the hard, tented object in the center.

He looked down and watched as her small graceful hand began to slide up and down against him. He watched as she pressed deep, and stroked him through the pants, one hand on top of the other. As if having a mind of their own, his hips jerked forward, thrusting with her caresses.

"You can stay here tonight."

He looked up at her and their eyes met. She continued to rub him, only faster. He reached out a long arm and pulled her back down on top of his body. She moaned her relief as his fingers threaded through her hair. Their mouths blended. He tasted of stuffing and tea. His lips felt surer, stronger, thicker than they looked. His tongue lashed out and swiped her lips, sucking them in, devouring her like he never kissed a woman before, like this was the last time he'd ever hope to kiss a woman again. Sensation poured through her, making her pussy cry out in pain, in agony, in pleasure. Oh god. She began to move on top of him, spreading her legs, wrapping his slender hips between her juicy thighs, sliding her panty covered puss against the rough denim of his jeans, loving the harshness of it against her clit, against her pussy hole.

His hands found her breasts and grabbing a handful he squeezed and she pushed harder against his fingers, wanting more of the pressure. Damn. Frantic, she reached between them and began unbutton his thick cotton shirt. She wanted him naked, she wanted to feel him, taste him, and eat his fine ass up.

His hands were in the way. They were pushing. "No. No. Wait. Sarah. Wait."

He tried to push her hands away, but she wasn't budging, she was fighting him, clawing his hands, trying to rip the fabric free.

"Sarah?! Sarah, please? Not like this, please. Damn it woman, stop!"

She stopped... she stopped. She heard him finally. She jerked back and sat up, sitting on top of him. Shocked and ashamed, she pulled away.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She would have left him except he stopped her. He held on to her hands and prevented her from going anywhere. She turned her head away. Her hair fell forward blocking her face, blocking her tears.

"No. No. Don't... Sarah. I want you so much. I wanted you for so long. I never in a million years thought this would ever happened. I--" he swallowed unsure how to continue.

She lifted her head then. Looking at him from the corner of her eye, she asked, "What? What is it?"

"Sarah..." he looked like he was in pain. She turned fully to face him. He too had tears in his eyes. "I want... I want to be clean for you. I don't want to be like this."

He sounded like he was in pain and the tears in her eyes begun to blind her until finally they fell and rolled down her cheeks. She leaned forward and kissed away the wetness that was also on his face, only she had wetness too and her tears mingled with his own. Slowly kissing her way across his cheek, she found his ear and whispered into it.

"I have a shower."

*****

Harvey stood in front of the steam-covered mirror and wiped the center for a clearer image. He had been in the bathroom for almost an hour. If Sarah managed to even stay awake for his emergence it would have been a miracle, but he must admit, he did look better. He felt better too. His body was the cleanest its been in years – a fact that he was proud of and ashamed of at the same time. God, how did he let his life get like this? He found her father's razor and managed to get rid of all that knotted facial hair only to reveal a solid strong jaw line and a smooth complexion. It rested against the toothbrush she gave him.