Mona and Susie

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The man raised the bat and they broke into a trot and began descending the stairs. "And Stay out." Followed them down the stairs.

"Coffee, lots of it." said Susie between gasps as she and Mona staggered outside. Mona nodded unable to speak. They walked slowly away towards Flic's. A black saloon car opposite, waited until they crossed the road and turned the corner before sliding silently away.

Ten minutes later they were sat in 'their' booth in Flic's. Two large latte's and a bun set in front of them. Lily served the only other customer in the section then came back to sit with them.

"Well what's this all about?" she demanded, arms crossed over her matronly bosom.

"Lily, do you know Rici Fenstretti?"

"Tricky Rici, sure, died a few weeks back. Tragic, never even knew he drank, didn't look like the usual users round here."

"Had he changed recently?"

"Why, what's it to you?"

"I work for the Argus and Mona is..."

"I know who you are, I want to know what you're about?"

"I think Rici was murdered."

"Do you now, well, well, well! Is that ex-wifely intuiton or what?"

"Have you got a stick up your arse or what Lily?"

"All's I know is there's a lot of people asking a lot of questions about your Rici and someone needs to explain why." Lily half rose then sat down again. "The thing is, there's been foxtrot alpha about it in the paper, just a few lines. So why is the Argus now so interested?"

"Because it's becoming more obvious that Rici was silenced for a reason. We'd like to know why."

"You or the Paper?"

"Me!"

"well you lived with him for a few years, what do you think he's been up to?"

"Definitely not drugs that's for sure."

"Well you say that, but, he was in here about a month or so ago with a tall ginger bloke. They had coffee and were heads close together over the table. Thought I didn't see the package that Ginge slipped to Rici under the table, but I did. 'Bout the size of a thick paperback, you know a Jeffrey Archer crap one. Soon after that they left. Rici paid, no tip as usual, tight arse that he was." Lily stood and walked away, leaving Susie and Mona looking at each other in puzzlement.

"He wouldn't do drugs and he wouldn't deal, I know Rici, the package wasn't drugs. They might have fooled him and told him it wasn't. Unless..."

"Unless he got suspicious and opened it, realised the shit he was in and tried to dump it and run."

"Yes, but why go to all the trouble of the dope and alcohol, wouldn't they just gut him and leave him. Let's the others know what the punishment was for not doing as you're told?"

"Yes I suppose so, why waste the merchandise when a bullet or knife gets the message across."

They paid and left, crossing the road towards the BroadWalk which they passed and then headed for the beach. It was pretty warm now and they ambled along arm in arm. At the beach they slipped off their shoes and socks and wandered over the stones towards the sea edge. Skirting the tide they wandered hand in hand, quietly and aimlessly traipsing towards the far end of the beach. Sitting higher up in last patch of dry sand they looked disconsolently at the sea and the waves lapping the edge of the beach.

"Mona, I think this is something much more deadly than drugs. I think Rici was in deep with some pretty vicious people. We can stop now; or you have to accept that at some point, one or both of us may get hurt. Probably quite badly hurt, if not dead."

"You want me to give up?"

"That's not what I said; I want you to know I'll go with you as far as it needs to go. But, and it's a very big but, there is a very real chance that we'll get a good kicking if not worse. I need to know if you're prepared for that?"

"Yeah, sure. You're right, this isn't some ruck over a bit of blow or a few Henry's of crack. I know you're right, this is going to get very, very serious and..."

A shadow fell between them and a very muscular tall man stood over them. Dressed in a three piece suit, on such a warm day he stood out amidst the beach attired folk around.

"Excuse me ladies, would you like to come with me. I need to ask a few questions." the man held a warrant card of some sort out to them, but placed it so the sun shone from behind it making it unreadable.

"What's this all about officer..."

"Please ladies just come along without a fuss, I'd hate to have to arrest you on such a beautiful day, but I will." He nodded to his left, where two more tall and suited very muscular men stood watching them.

They climbed slowly to there feet, patting themselves to remove any last vestiges of the sand and followed the man up the beach, his companions walking just behind. They saw a large Landcruiser with darkened windows sitting by the edge of the beach. Mr Muscles pressed the keyfob and the hazard lights flickered. Susie turned to Mona. There was a look that passed between them. Suddenly they both spun round and kicked the sand up into the faces of the men behind, who instinctively raised their hands to fend the shower off. Susie turned back as the leader shouted and turned himself. Her rising feet propelled by her long leg reached his crotch just as he stepped forward and she felt his pain. He reddened and fell grasping his tortured bollocks as Susie turned back and helped Mona fire another salvo of sand at the other two.

As one Mona and Susie ran back down the beach wincing as the pebbles dug into their bare feet.

"Left! Turn left," Susie yelled and they both veered sideways. As they did they passed a sign that stated they were approaching the boundary of the Naturist beach. "Get your tits out, get it all off." Susie screamed as she ran pulling her blouse over her head. Mona pulled her own clothes off and ran topless clutching them. They slowed and stripped off. The pursuers stalling trying to decide whether to follow. Mona gasped as she dumped her clothes in a pile.

Rubbing her bruised feet she slipped her shoes back on. Looking round she saw several startled nudists looking at her and Susie. Susie followed Mona and pulled her pumps onto her bruised feet. They folded their clothes and wandered further along the Naturist beach, putting more and more distance between them and their erstwhile pursuers. They now appeared as blobs on the edge of their vision.

"Fuck that was close, what do we do now?"

"We need to disappear, well at least for a few days. Let the heat cool down."

"Luckily we've got cards and cash, well I have, what about you?"

"Yeah I've got some cash and my cards. What do we do rent a room for a couple of days?"

"Yeah that should do it."

"Your place is going to get trashed isn't it?"

"Yup, glad I haven't hoovered or dusted."

Four hours later in the cooling afternoon sun Mona looked expectantly at Susie.

"Can we go now, I'm freezing my tits off here."

"OK, up the beach dress and walk towards Ettrich, there's a cash dispenser and a bank, we'll draw some money and swap it for Euro's."

"Euro's?"

"Yes, didn't you know that most larger guest houses and hotels will take them, the exchange rate is crap, but it will make it difficult for people to track us. After this no cash withdrawls for a week. When we do, we go to another town, then never go back there."

"What's our cover then?"

"What?"

"Our cover, who are we?"

"What! Oh yes I see, right. We're two women who were on their way to France when the car broke down. We're stranded and we need a bed for a few nights before we can get on."

"No, they'll expect calls from a garage. No we're two women off to a Hen Do in France, we got too drunk, missed our connection, ended up down here and our luggage is probably half way across France by now. We'll have to buy some tops and skirts and underwear and spend time on our phones trying to get through to Margot to explain."

"Buy some pay as you go phones and pay with Euro's and it's untraceable."

"Come on we'll get the next bus and get started."

Mona ran across the road to the bus stop and began to study the timetable. Susie dressed and wandered over.

"Moan, why don't you get dressed?"

"Fuck, you could have said!"

"No this is far funnier."

Mona began dressing, flicking a finger at two workmen on a roof across the road. They whistled and shouted, she turned and wiggled her bottom at them. Susie giggled and tried to make sense of the timetable. Half an hour later and an old vintage or at least definitely veteren bus struggled round the corner. They boarded and asked for singles to Ettrich and settled in the worn and dusty seats. Bouncing along the road at 20 mph, they failed to spot the two Landcruisers following.

At the bus stop in Ettrich they jumped off and walked away from the smelly dark diesel fumes kicked out by the bus. As the smoke cleared they saw the two Landcruisers crawl to a halt beside them. The rear door on the lead vehicle swung open, the lead man allowed his jacket to fall open revealing the neat brown shoulder holster and the black butt of his pistol to show.

"In, now!" he barked and they had no option but to comply.

The doors of the second vehicle had opened and four more beefy figures emerged. Shrugging Susie moved to the car and swung her leg in, seeing the man shrink back slightly out of range. She grinned and pulled herself in beside him. Mona followed and saw the man wince as he sat further back in the seat.

"Well is the man with no bollocks going to explain or just exterminate?" she asked breezily. The door was pushed firmly shut from outside.

"Seatbelts," came a voice from the front, so they buckled up. The car slid away from the pavement smoothly, so Susie and Mona decided to enjoy the prospect of a comfortable ride back to Albriton.

The men in the car didn't speak so the girls held hands and relaxed into the comfortable leather seating. Soon they were back where they started, but the car didn't slow, instead it began to make its way across town to the dual carriageway that led back to the main London to Albriton road. They looked at each other in a panic, searching for a way out.

"We're on our way back to town, the doors are locked, I suggest you take the time to reflect on what you've been doing. We need to find out what you know."

The voice came from the front passenger seat, it was a woman's voice. Relaxed, cultered but with a hint of expectation. They held hands and waited. There was no more. In fifteen minutes they were on the main A road to London. In twenty they were both asleep. They woke as the car slowed in the traffic which began in the outer suburbs. they hastily tried to work out where they were. The hotch potch of streets, lights, shops, road signs dazzling them. This was an unknown world to two seasiders. They crossed the Thames and drove through into the edge of the City, then north a while.

Eventually they slowed and entered the underground car park of a squat mid fifties solid concrete block of a building, anonymous, dark and dimly lit in the rear. The car pulled into a space and the engine note died away. Its partner slid in next to it, and as it stopped the doors opened and the four men surrounded their car.

"Out," said a man.

"Just do as you're told ladies, and no one will get hurt. Disobey and you will." The cold female voice added. The doors were pulled open.

They stepped out onto a rough rendered concrete floor, and were ushered across to the near corner and a lift. The lift called they stepped in, the four men standing two behind and two in front. The woman and the rest had disappeared Susie noticed. They stood silently as the lift ascended. It bumped to a stop and everyone took a couple of small steps to maintain their balance. The doors opened with a ping and they were none too gently pushed out. The lead two turned and made a raised hands gesture. The girls understood and raised their arms. The rear two patted them down. professionally, not trying to cop a feel, just making sure. The two at the front took their bags and searched them. Handing them back as the pat down finished.

They were ushered toward double doors and once through were in an outer office. It was mid corporate functional; grey carpet tiles, grey modern anonymous furniture, ubiqitous coffee table; totally IKEA chic. The four guys saw them seated then withdrew. They sat looking at their surroundings. It looked like any other office suite, except there were no company promotions on the walls or reading material at the coffee table by their knees. The door at the far end opened and the car women appeared, she raised her arm and crooked her index finger. They stood and followed her into the inner room.

In the large air-conditioned office was a large desk, with a large chair and a very large man sat in it. The desk had papers scattered over it. two coffee cups and an old fashioned telephone. Behind him was the only small thing in the office, the window. The man rose and gave them a desultory wave. They walked to the desk. He remained standing as they approached. He wore a three piece suit like the others, although his waistcoat was clearly struggling to contain his mountanous figure. He sat again with an audible grunt. They saw no other furniture, so stood before him.

"Oh dear Headmaster, have we been naughty girls again. Do you want to smack my pert little bottom?" Mona said in a wispy school girl voice.

He looked at her and raised an eyebrow,

"Mis Violotta, let me explain something to you. I neither want nor desire your presence here. At the least you are a waste of my time and at best disposable and untraceable. Do you understand?"

"Yes," Mona said, eyes on the carpet. Susie caught her hand and held it firmly.

"You were married to Rici Fenstretti I understand and divorced a few years ago, is that correct?"

Mona nodded, then managed a strangled, "yes."

"Why then Mis Violetta are you raking over old news, making waves when calmness is called for?"

"Rici, wasn't a druggie or a drunk, he was other things, but not that."

"Ahhh! you think you owe him a decent memorial, an honorary, a settling of accounts."

"He was murdered!" screamed Mona, Susie held her hand to stop her lunging for the man.

"Princess, you still love me, how touching."

The voice came from behind, Susie and Mona whirled round, a tall thinnish man, in a three piece suit, blond hair trimmed and perfect stood grinning.

"Well fuck my old boots!" Susie said grinning.

"Rici, what the... How... you're dead, it was..."

"A necessary evil unfortunately," he wandered over, kissed Susie on her cheek and slipped an arm round Mona. As he leaned in to kiss her too, she sidestepped and brought her arm round in a wide sweep. Her hand connected with his cheek and he stepped back, his head jerking round. The sound of the slap was extraordinarily loud in the near quiet of the office. He had a red imprint of Mona's hand on his cheek and a wry grin on his face.

"OK, I deserve that, but I couldn't tell you anything Moan, sorry." He persevered with his quest for a kiss and Mona allowed him to press his lips to hers.

"Huhum! perhaps we should move on to explain what is happening Rici?" The older man gestured to Rici and stood, they led the girls back to the outer office. In there the woman from the car sat at one of the chairs, she stood as they entered.

"I've arranged for coffee and sandwiches, they should be here soon." she returned to her seat.

"Thank fuck for that, I'm fairly starving Marvin," Mona said as she sat on the couch.

"Miss Walters," the man gestured to the seat beside Mona, Susie moved on cue and sat next to Mona. Rici grinning took the chair by the door. The large man sat in the only other vacant seat, which was clearly a shade too small for him. Struggling he managed to make himself reasonably comfortable.

"Look, can we exchange names and then I can stop thinking of you as Fat Man, Mystery Woman and Fucking Cheating Lying Bastard."

"Ease it down Moan," Susie whispered, but Mona was clearly not going to take her foot of the throttle anytime soon.

"Just tell us what the fuck's going on will you."

"Rici, I think this is your call," the woman smiled and looked at Rici with amusement.

"Thank you Alicia," Rici said and smiled back. At that point the door opened and two suited men appeared and placed tea, coffee and sandwiches on the coffee table. A third entered with cups and saucers and side plates. "Would you like to be mother?" Rici added, gesturing at the coffee table to Alicia.

Mona reached forward, grabbed a plate and piled it high with sandwiches. Sitting back she rammed a triangle of sandwich into her open mouth and clamped down on it. She chewed lustily as the others watched.

"What?" She said, the sound muffled by the contents of her mouth, "You never seen a woman eat before?"

"Not with such speed and delicacy," Alicia said as she smiled and reached for the cups and saucers. "Tea or Coffee for you?" she asked, looking pointedly at Mona. Mona mouthed tea and reached for another sandwich from her plate.

Susie reached for a plate and placed two triangles on it. She took a third and began to nibble it. At Alicia's raised eyebrow, she murmured tea and sat back. Rici stepped forward and poured himself a black coffee and also one for the man sat behind him. He handed the coffee over and stepping back he made sure everyone could see him.

"Right, well, firstly you should know or have guessed that I don't work for an insurance broking firm in London. In fact I was recruited by Mr W," he nodded at the fat man who had a small sandwich nestled on a plate on his lap. "Some years ago and just as obviously I can't tell you who we are, just that we are a branch of Government concerned with national security, outside the remit of the Intelligence Services. We act as an agency for use by the Police and Security Services, whose existance can be denied when necessary. We in fact don't exist."

Mona continued to eat, whilst Suie sat sandwich poised as the facts sank in. Mr W and Alicia looked between Rici, Susie and Mona.

"Go on!" Mona said through the mouthful of sandwich she was currently eating.

"Right, well i have been mostly office bound, I have participated in a few actual intelligence gathering exercises, but from a distance. As I had been a bit of a lad at school and later, they decided that my cover for being away would be a series of low key, harmless affairs."

"I didn't find them harmless, I found them fucking deceitful and hurtful."

"Quite, however, at no time have I ever been unfaithful to you, although my worklife was a complete sham. The divorce made it easier for me to work on actual cases and although I am ashamed of the deceit and lies, i think we were in a better place after our parting than before. Whatever; the point I am trying to get to is that I was placed on active field duty and unfortunately that went belly up. And so I had to disappear permanently. Since we were tracking a group who were into drugs, prostitution and gun running, my death from a drugs and alcohol overdose would be taken as a revenge for double crossing someone in the food chain. Probably a competitor or someone in the gang"

"That's why the PM and Coroners court were so quick and tidy?"

"Exactly, the PM was faked and put into the system, after a faked body find was placed in the police files. The Coroner accepted the Pathologist's findings and made an instant ruling. According to the records the body was cremated and all's well in the world."

"So Rici, how do you return to the real world?"

"No worries on that account as my new details will be massaged into the records systems of a couple of banks and a few credit reference agencies. Councils and a few other places will have favourable records of my existence and my passport will have been renewed a few times too. All in all, anyone looking me up will find my history going back to my school days."