Montana Summer Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
D_K_Moon
D_K_Moon
384 Followers

Becky shook her head and a smile crossed her face. "Little did we know."

"What now?"

"I think we need to go home next weekend."

Jessi nodded. "Yeah, I think so. I'm going to call Dad."

"Tell him not to say anything to my parents. I think it's best if you and I break it to them together."

Jessi wished Ryan was home, but she knew he was with Charlie and Walter. She was almost bursting. It was just the proof she and Ryan needed.

---

"Bill McFayden, you look like you've seen a ghost," Suzanne remarked after her husband hung up the phone. She had just come downstairs. "Who was on the phone?"

"Jessi."

"And you hung up before I had a chance to say hi. What am I going to do with you?" Suzanne shook her head in exasperation at her husband.

"You might want to sit down," Bill replied. His voice had a serious tone.

"There's nothing wrong, is there?" Suzanne began to worry.

"No, everyone is fine." Bill took a deep breath. "Jessi got the results of the DNA tests back."

"Maybe I had better sit down." Suzanne turned and walked into the living room.

Bill followed his wife, got down on his knee, and held his wife's hand. "She got the results back. She and Ryan are not related by blood. She says she knows who her biological father really is."

Suzanne fought back the tears. There were tears of joy for her daughter and there were tears of regret for that night so long ago. "Tell me."

"Rob."

Suzanne's head dropped and she put her hands to her eyes. "I just don't remember. I don't remember."

Bill tried to comfort his wife. "That's not important. Nothing has changed. You are Jessi's mother, and I am her father. Rob was just the sperm donor." He leaned down and kissed Suzanne on the cheek. "I love you more today than I did yesterday, and I promise you I will love you more tomorrow than I do today."

Suzanne managed a brave smile. "Oh, Bill, I don't know what I would ever do without you."

"Well now, that's something you won't ever have to worry about." Bill smiled into Suzanne's eyes. "I still say I married the prettiest girl in the valley, and I got the best of the deal. I got you and you got me."

As he stood up, he asked, "Can I buy you a cup of coffee?"

After wiping her eyes, she smiled at her husband. "I don't know if your credit is any good around here."

"That's the spirit." Bill followed his wife into the kitchen. "I almost forgot─the girls are coming home next weekend. Becky doesn't want us saying anything to Rob or Janice before they get here. I think Becky wants to break it to them."

"Do you think that's a wise idea?" Suzanne asked as she poured two cups of coffee.

"I'm not sure. I do know it's better than you or me calling them up on the phone and saying, by the way, you're Jessi's biological father."

Suzanne set the cups on the table and sat down. She took a sip of her coffee and looked at her husband. "What about Roy? Who is going to tell him?"

"Damn! I completely forgot about Roy." He let a long sigh escape. "I'll talk to Ryan about it when he gets back. His dad needs to be told the truth."

---

Jessi finished drying her hair and walked out of her bedroom and into the living room. She looked at Becky sitting on the couch and sat down beside her. "What's wrong, Becky, you look a little down?"

Becky shook her head and tried to smile. "This whole thing about Dad being your biological father just has me a bit freaked out."

Jessi put her arm around Becky. "Yeah, I can imagine. It freaks me out a little too."

"Well, I guess the good thing is you know you and Ryan aren't really related."

"There's something else, Becky." Jessi felt the tears welling up in her eyes. "I never had a sister or a brother. I always wanted one. When I was young, I used to pray for one. I remember one year when I wrote a letter to Santa Claus, all I wanted that year was a sister." Jessi looked at Becky in the eyes. "Now I have a real sister, Becky. I have you. I finally have the sister I always wanted."

Becky felt the tears begin to roll down her cheek. "Thanks for saying that. I didn't think about it like that."

Jessi smiled. "Now cheer up. Isn't a certain fella supposed to be showing up here in a few hours?

A smile broke over Becky's face. "Yeah, he is."

"Hey, I just thought of something." Jessi's face lit up.

"What?"

"Does Josh work next weekend?"

Becky thought for a minute. "I don't think so. He said something about Monday to Thursday next week."

"Why don't you see if he wants to come home with us?" Jessi asked.

"I think that's a great idea!" Becky's funk had evaporated. "I'd like Mom and Dad to meet him."

"I hope we don't scare him off." Jessi laughed. "You really think he might be the one?"

Becky's face flushed a little. "I don't know, but I hope he is. The way you talk about Ryan is how I feel about him."

Jessi felt warm inside. She was glad that Becky had found a guy.

"Speaking of Ryan, when are you going to call him?"

"Not until tomorrow. He's off camping with Charlie and Walt."

"Well, I better be your maid of honor when you get married," Becky teased.

"Well, what if we don't get married?" Jessi suddenly remembered what Spotted Owl had told them in the hospital—she would make Ryan a fine wife and bear him a strong son.

"Yeah right." Becky didn't believe Jessi for a minute. "You're going to get married, and you're going to marry Ryan."

Jessi's voice got quiet. "Sometimes I wonder how much control we actually have over our future."

---

Suzanne lay in bed. Her mind focused on that night, nineteen years ago. They had just been at a wedding and afterwards someone had suggested they have a party. The night was still young, and no one wanted to go home.

Ryan was just a baby, and had been left with Suzanne's sister.

"Come on you two, it's still early." She could still hear Bill talking to his cousin. "The baby's just fine."

Margaret and Roy finally gave in, and it was off to the party. The liquor flowed like water. Bill, Roy and several of the others had guitars and spent most of their time singing up a storm.

It was beginning to get late when two couples Margaret didn't know arrived at the party. Shortly after is when things began to get hazy.

She concentrated on her memory, trying to bring it all back. Margaret remembered taking a drink and a funny feeling going through her body. The guys quit playing and everyone sat around, talking and drinking.

Suzanne remembered feeling turned on. One of the strangers fondled Margaret's breasts and she had offered no resistance when they pulled her top off. She remembered beginning to masturbate as she watched one of the strangers put his erect cock up to Margaret's mouth.

There was a faint remembrance of her own clothes coming off, hands groping her breasts. There was a blank─like she had passed out. Then the feeling of being entered, and looking up and seeing Roy's face full of lust as he pumped his cock in and out of her pussy.

Suzanne squeezed her eyes tightly closed as the memories flooded back. She wouldn't admit it to anyone, but she remembered a feeling of pleasure─at that moment, she was enjoying what was happening. It didn't matter the cock belonged to her husband's cousin. It just felt good.

There was another blank spot and the feeling of a cock still in her. It felt different. Something she didn't realize before. She remembered seeing Janice on her hands and knees with someone fucking her from behind, and another man pumping his cock in and out of her mouth.

She remembered looking down as the cock pumped vigorously in and out of her. A new memory popped into her head─her hands running through long wavy hair just as she heard his animal grunting that signaled his sperm was shooting deep inside of her.

Suzanne's eyes snapped open. Long wavy hair? Both Bill's and Roy's hair had been short and straight. The only one with hair at the party with long, wavy hair was Rob.

She remembered. Suzanne found herself at peace. She knew what had happened. There were still guilt feelings at what she had done. Those would never completely leave. But the understanding of what had happened made her feel calm.

Her arm wrapped around her husband as she hugged him. He was sound asleep. A serene smile crossed her face as she kissed his shoulder, and then whispered, "I love you, Bill."

---

The snow was gone, and the trees were covered with leaves once again. It felt like early summer. There was still a lot of snow on the peaks of the surrounding mountains. The grass in the pasture was high and green. It looked like it was going to be a good year. The rumble of hooves caused Ryan to turn.

His heart leapt with excitement as he watched a small herd of bison thunder past. Their ears were tagged, so Ryan knew this wasn't a vision of the past. He stood and watched them graze on the sweet grass.

Ryan felt no fear when the largest of the bulls lifted his head and began to walk towards him. The great shaggy beast stood before Ryan and pawed at the ground with his hoof. Ryan was impressed with size of the animal, and noticed there was no ear tag. He had never been so close to a bison before.

"Tatanka." Ryan was filled with a reverence and spoke in a hushed tone as he reached out and touched the animal's forehead. He was surprised at how soft the hair felt.

The bison shook its huge head up and down as Ryan looked on with awe.

Ryan took a step back when the animal began to speak.

"This is part of your legacy. You brought the pteoptaye back."

Ryan shook his head. "It was my uncle who had the idea to bring them back."

"Yes, but it will be your lifelong commitment which fulfills his dream." Tatanka raised his head high in the air. "You will bring pride back to my people. They will once again take pride in being Lakota."

"I don't know how I could do that." Ryan felt humbled by the words of Tatanka.

"You are wašicun wakan, Ihanbla Mato , as was your tunksila, Chikala Ska Shunkaha. Like him, you are the bridge between two worlds."

"I would have liked to have known him."

"You do know him. His spirit lives within you. I can show you what he was like in life. Put your hand on my forehead and close your eyes."

Ryan placed the palm of his hand on the forehead of the great bull and closed his eyes.

He knew exactly where he was. He was in the Lakota village. He watched as a rider rode into the village and reined his horse to a stop. He knew the face of the rider immediately. It was like looking into the mirror. He watched the rider dismount and watched as he greeted a man seated in front of a thipis.

"I was hoping to see you." Spotted Owl raised his hand in greeting. "How is your family?"

"My family is fine and they hope all is well with you." Will sat down on the blanket and crossed his legs.

"I would like to see them again," Spotted Owl replied.

Will felt he had to ask. The question had been on his mind for days. "What will you do if the soldiers come and try to move you from your land?"

Spotted Owl looked at the young man seated before him. Will had never seen the Lakota chief look so determined and proud. "I am Lakota. I was born Lakota, and I will die Lakota. Wakan Tanka gave the land and tatanka to the Lakota. We could ride for many days and not leave the land of the Lakota. We were a free people. I will not live in a land where the Lakota live like your cattle, fenced in on land that is their own. If the soldiers come, we will dance the wacipi zuyá and cry hoka hey, it is a good day to die as we go into battle." Spotted Owl's eyes turned sad. "I know we will lose. There are too many wašicun and we are too few."

Will nodded. "I will dance the wacipi zuyá with my Lakota brothers."

"No, this is not for you to do." Spotted Owl shook his head.

"Am I not hunka? Do I not have a Lakota name? Do you not call me Chikala Ska Shunkaha? My hunka ate taught me a hunka must give his brother the food from his mouth, the coat from his back, the moccasins from his feet if he is in need. He taught me if my brother was in trouble I must do all I can to help him, even if it were to cost me my life. I am a brother to the Lakota. You and I are hunka, you are my Lakota ate, and you know my words are true. If the time comes, I will dance the wacipi zuyá with my brothers and cry heka hoy. I will die with my Lakota brothers before I see them shamed any more."

Spotted Owl nodded and put his hand on Will's shoulder. "You are a true brother to the Lakota and a wašicun wakan and a man of two worlds." He looked at Will; he was full of pride at what the young man had become. "Have you told your family of your decision?"

Will nodded. "Yes, I talked to my father."

"And what did he say?"

"Well, I don't think he likes it, but he understands." Will's voice got quiet.

"No, it is not easy to see your son go..." Spotted Owl didn't want to add the words that were in his mind─to his death

A young boy, about twelve, galloped into the village. "They come! They are almost at the head of the canyon!"

Spotted Owl rose from the ground. "Very well, summon the council."

Ryan watched with rapt attention as every man, woman and child of the village listened to Spotted Owl. Other members stood and spoke after Spotted Owl had finished speaking, and there was not a dissenter among them. They would begin the wacipi zuyá.

They danced far into the night, singing and chanting songs of their bravery and glory in battle. It would be their last stand and they were determined to go into battle with dignity and honor. In the morning, they would meet the soldiers and demand they leave the land of the Lakota. Spotted Owl would give them the ultimatum

Ryan thought Will looked remarkably calm as Runs With Elk applied the war paint to his face. He wore a Lakota war shirt and buckskin leggings. He had removed the saddle from his horse, choosing instead to ride as a Lakota with only a blanket on the back of his horse.

They met the column of mounted soldiers about midday, at the entrance to the canyon. Under a flag of truce, Spotted Owl, Runs With Elk, and Will rode out to meet the soldiers.

"I am Lieutenant George Carter of the U.S. Calvary. I am here today to demand you surrender your weapons and make preparations to travel to South Dakota to be placed on a reservation under federal control." The young lieutenant was nervous. At his briefing before leaving the post, there had been no mention of any possibility of conflict with this band of Lakota, but here were the Indians in full war paint, looking grim faced and determined. He looked at Will and was astounded. "You're a white man. What are you doing with these Indians?"

Will looked at Spotted Owl and waited. Spotted Owl nodded his head and gave Will permission to speak. "Today I am here as a Lakota, I am Chikala Ska Shunkaha and I will translate for Hinhan Gleška, chief of this band of Lakota."

"Will you ask these Indians to lay down their arms and come peaceably?"

Will turned to Spotted Owl and translated. He listened carefully to Spotted Owl's response and then faced the officer. "Spotted Owl says this has been Lakota land since the time of his father's father. He asks you to turn around and to return to where you came from. He will allow you to take your weapons with you."

"Allow me..." The lieutenant wore an expression of disbelief. "Does he understand what I told you?"

"Yes, he understands fully," Will replied quietly. "He will not leave his land. He knows he is outnumbered and he will lose. It is better to die as a free Lakota than to live as a prisoner. Heka hoy, it is a good day to die."

"He has no choice in the matter. The government says he must go."

Will nodded as he listened to Spotted Owl's reply. "Your government is not his. He is Lakota. He asks you what you would do if he came to your village and demanded you leave. Would you not fight to keep your home and your land?"

The lieutenant was about to answer when his sergeant tapped him on the shoulder, "Sir, riders approaching." He pointed to four men riding hard and fast towards them.

Ryan watched the four riders coming closer at a full gallop. White, frothy foam flew from the mouths of the horses, their chests heaving as they breathed in massive gulps of air. The riders leaned forward, their voices hoarse from urging their mounts on.

The most distinguished of the four riders looked haggard and worn. He spoke to the lieutenant after reaching the spot where the meeting was taking place. "Well, I'm damned glad I got here in time."

"In time?" The lieutenant was becoming confused.

"My name is Justice Taylor. I have an injunction issued by a U.S. Circuit Court Judge." He reached into his coat, retrieved a folded document, and handed it to Lieutenant Carter. "Under the Dawson Severalty Act, Indians are allowed to own land. As this valley has not yet been settled, the ownership of the land is somewhat in doubt. An application has been made with the courts to deed this land to the Lakota. You are hereby instructed to turn around and march back to your fort."

"I have my orders." Lieutenant Carter was confused as he began to read the one page legal document.

"Yes, you do." Taylor softened the tone in his voice. "And they have been overruled by the courts. You are more than welcome to accompany us to town where you can send a telegram to your superiors."

"That's not necessary. I will return to my regiment and await further orders." The lieutenant turned and looked at Will and Spotted Owl. "I'm glad there will be no blood shed this morning." He went to turn his horse around, and stopped, looking at Will. "You may tell your chief I would have done the same thing if I were in his place. Good day to you."

Will explained to Spotted Owl what had happened. "They want to have the government recognize this land as being yours."

"Will the soldiers come back?" Spotted Owl was a little leery.

"No," Will answered. "This is Lakota Land. They will not be back." A smile grew on Will's face. "You won. The day is yours."

Everything seemed to fade. Ryan opened his eyes and looked at Tatanka. He was full of emotion as he spoke. "Thank you for showing me that. I can't seem to find the words to express how I feel."

"Close your eyes once more. There is something else I want you to see."

It was the mountainside behind where the cabin stood. The old cabin was barely recognizable. Two additions grew from both ends. An old man with white hair flowing from beneath a worn and battered cowboy hat sat on the slope with a young boy who looked to be about three or four.

Ryan heard the young boy speak as he pointed upwards.

"Look Gwanpa Charwie, look, a bird." His face was full of awe and wonder as he watched the bird circling high overhead.

Charlie replied, "Yes, a bird. It's cetan, the hawk."

A smile formed on Ryan's face as the boy tried to repeat the Lakota word. He studied the boy's face carefully─he could see Jessi's eyes and nose. Ryan felt his eyes tear up with pride. "That's my son."

Ryan opened his eyes. He was sitting on the blanket. From the look of the sun, hours had passed. He sat and tried to take in all he had seen. He felt different. He felt changed.

---

Bill looked for the number in the address book which sat by the phone. After dialing the number, he sat down in the chair and listened to the ring. He hoped there would be an answer.

D_K_Moon
D_K_Moon
384 Followers