Moonlight Ch. 02

Story Info
Sheriff meets the sisters.
2.1k words
4.51
12.3k
4

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 07/29/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AnyaLeena
AnyaLeena
32 Followers

**Hi all... thanks for giving me a chance. Reviews and comments are always welcome. Just so you're aware. there's not as much steam in this chapter. Still building the characters. Either way, hope you enjoy! ;)

*

"Rory, you here? I'm home!" Selena slammed the door shut and tossed her coat and purse on the couch. Where'd that girl go? Aurora should have been home from the library by now. As the youngest sister, she tended to get her way. Thank the goddess she didn't ask for much. She was the sweetest, and the best of them. It was Aurora who had suggested coming to Silver Lake, with its thick forests and wide fields far away from the city. And it was Aurora who had suggested that Lena open the store, using her knowledge of herbs and plants to earn their living. She had also been the one that suggested they stay put for the time being.

Stepping out of her heels, Selena thought once more about what her life would have been like if they had been normal. There would have been college classes and city life for the three of them. Traveling to foreign countries. Walks in the moonlight. Flirting with handsome sheriffs... She shook the thought from her mind. It wasn't meant to be. They've learned to get along fine with just the three of them.

Stepping to the phone, she checked to see if Rory had called yet. Aurora had planned on going to the library to see if there were some other plants and flowers in the area that would work better for the potion than what they'd been working with. After 10 years of being an herbal practitioner, they were no closer to finding a cure than they were when she had first started. She hadn't said anything to her sisters, but some days she didn't want a cure. She liked her wolf. She enjoyed the sense of constant companionship, and even though she didn't always agree with her wolf, she always liked its independent spirit.

Seeing the blinking light, she pushed the button to hear her messages. "Hey Lena. Rory here. I think I might have found a couple things, but I'm not a hundred percent sure. I'm gonna stay a little while longer, see if I can find some other books to compare these to. I'll call before I head home. Later!"

Moving towards the kitchen, she opened the fridge to see if what there was for dinner. Lena had only half an ear tuned towards the message, requesting a donation, when she heard the next message begin. With a start, she stood up too fast, banging her head on the shelf. Turning the air blue, she strode back to the answering machine and started the message from the beginning.

"Hello, Ms. Murray. This is Sheriff Quinn. Hope you don't mind that I'm calling you at home. But I had some questions, and was hoping that you'd help me out with them. I'll stop by a little later, say around 7:30 tonight. Thank you."

Selena stood there with her jaw opened. What a pompous ass! Didn't he even think about the possibility that she might have had plans for the night? Just because she hadn't had a date for several months now doesn't mean he should be so presumptuous. She looked at the clock to see how much time she had, and felt her jaw hit the floor for the second time in 5 minutes. No way. There is no way that it's already 7:00. That wasn't nearly enough time to get ready. She wanted to be in a dressed-to-kill outfit, looking like she's heading out when he was coming up. Oh well. She had enough weapons in her arsenal to come away looking like a champ, and him just looking. She ran up the stairs to her room to begin gathering all her weapons.

~~~~

Conor knocked on the door. He had a feeling that Selena Murray would not be happy that he had dropped by and was probably going to let him have it. But all day he had been hounded by thoughts of her. The color of her eyes. The swing of her hair. The curve of her neck. Hell, even the frosty attitude and the 180 flip had him salivating. He shoveled a hand through his hair. The background checked showed nothing that would explain the sudden cold shoulder. He didn't know why she didn't like him. But he couldn't resist a challenge, and Selena had that word written all over her luscious body. Then the door opened and even thoughts of her had flown out of his head.

"Hello Sheriff. Come on in." Lena had somehow looked even more graceful and beautiful than when he had first laid eyes on her. Her legs were stunning beneath her short black skirt, and appeared to have started at her ears. Those cute perky breasts of hers were showcased in a gorgeous red sweater. She had done something to her eyes to make them smoky and mysterious. But what had the drool pooling in his mouth were her luscious lips, painted bright red to match his sweater. Conor had to fist his hands from reaching out and hauling her up to him. He shook his head as he watched her walk back into her house. He followed close behind her, catching a whiff of the sensual scent that trailed in her wake. "First, I have a quick question."

Selena glanced over her shoulder as she led him to the kitchen. "And what would that question be?"

"Was it your intention to make me wanna beg?"

"Why, of course" she replied, with a soft smile.

"That's what I figured." He looked around the kitchen. Even with the night closing in, the room radiated warmth. The sunny yellow walls were highlighted by the bright white cabinets. Conor didn't cook much, but even he knew that the appliances were top-grade professional tools. All around were pots of fresh herbs and copper pans. "Do you do much cooking?"

"Yes, actually. I find it a very soothing and relaxing hobby. Can I get you something to drink?"

"Sure. Some water would be great."

She moved around the table to grab a couple of glasses out of the cupboard. She was thankful for those few moments with her back to him. When she had opened the door to him, it took all she had to keep from jumping him and asking him to take her. She remembered his lean lines from earlier, but she had never understood the appeal of a man in uniform... until just then. By all rights, the khaki shirt and pants should have made him look boring and staid. Instead, he looked powerful and in control. And amazingly sexy.

"I'm afraid you've caught me at a bad time, sheriff. I was about to head out dinner, so I hope your questions won't be too long."

Conor was suddenly gripped with a tight fist of jealousy. Who was she meeting? Didn't she understand she was his? She had a deep well of passion in her, and he wanted to make sure that he was the only one in a position to take advantage of it. He took his hat off and placed it on the kitchen table. "Unfortunately, it may take a while. You may want to let your date know that it may be awhile."

"Oh, I was just going to meet up with Sunny and Rory in a while up at The Crescent Doll later. They'll understand."

Conor's eyes narrowed as he gazed at her across the table. "Isn't that the strip club off of Peterson?"

"Yes it is. Why?"

"You have to ask? It's a strip club, for crying out loud. That's not a place for someone like you!"

Lena placed her glass carefully on the table as she stood up. Her hands had fisted so tightly, a mannerism that her sisters knew spelled trouble. "What exactly is that supposed to mean, 'someone like me'?"

Conor rounded the table until he stood right in front of her, forcing her to look up to meet his gaze. "You know exactly what I mean. Your type doesn't belong there!"

"What? Are you kidding? Exactly what kind of type belongs there?"

Conor lost what control he had, and grabbed her elbows, pulling her closer to him. As she fell into him, she glanced up at his face. And as she stared into his deep blue eyes, she felt like she was falling into him. Like she was losing a piece of herself. Panicking, she struggled to pull away from him. As she fought against him, Selena realized that he was so much stronger than he looked, and yet that strength was tempered with gentleness. He wasn't hurting her. Merely keeping her in place.

He crushed his lips against hers. For a split second, Lena froze. But then, she arched against him, kissing him back passionately. She had never experienced such immediate lust before. She was so aroused, she couldn't help but rub herself against his hard thigh. With a deep moan, Conor wrapped his arms around her, bringing her up against his hard length. Heedless of anything but the passion igniting between them, they missed the sound of the front door opening.

Conor pulled himself away from her, to look deep into her eyes. "You know what type belongs in that place, Selena. Only blowsy blondes with empty heads, fake breasts, and a waiting line between their legs belong at The Crescent Doll. Not a sexy smart woman like you."

"Well now. Guess that means I won't ever get that Nobel Peace prize I was hoping for, Rory."

At the sarcastic drawl, Conor quickly pushed Lena behind him, as he faced the person he was sure was his rival. Only to stop and stare for the second time that night.

This time he recognized the speaker as the young woman that had been at the strip club earlier this evening. And while he had pegged the blonde part, he had a feeling that the rest of his description had been extremely far off base.

"I don't know, Sunny. You could always shoot for a Pulitzer and describe the madding crowd that appears to be waiting for a spot between your legs. Though that would be really interesting to see you do that, considering how picky you are when it comes to men."

At this, Conor looked just past the stunning blonde, to find an equally stunning redhead. The two women moved past him, seemingly to check on Selena. At her nod, they turned to face him, standing together as a unit. As sisters. At that moment, he realized not only had he made a serious error in judgment, but that trying to remove his foot from his mouth would not be a very enjoyable or easy experience with these three.

~~~~~~~~~

"Selena, are you okay?" Rory asked quietly. At Lena's nod, Sunny gave her shoulders a quick squeeze. "Don't worry, we'll be rid of him shortly enough."

"Well then, sheriff. What were you saying, before we so rudely interrupted you from accosting our sister?"

At this point, Conor did the only thing he could think of. The one thing he hated doing. He apologized. "I'm terribly sorry. I can only say that I regrettably lost my temper and while that's no excuse, I'm sorry if I offended you."

"IF you offended me?" Sunny exclaimed. "You were doing pretty good up to then. But there is no if about it. I may be blonde, but I resent the rest of it. You are such a stereotypical ass!"

Ever the peacemaker, Aurora stepped in. "Now, now Sunny. I'm sure the sheriff didn't mean it that way at all, did you?"

Conor threw his hands up in the air. "No ma'am. No offense was meant."

"There you see? Why don't we let the whole situation go as a mistake? One that will never be repeated again." Rory threw a pointed look at him, one that had him glad he hadn't said anything about redheads.

"Absolutely. Thank you... I'm sorry but I didn't quite catch your name."

"My name's Rory. And the not blowsy, empty-headed but definitely blonde sister glaring at you is Sunny."

Realizing that he had gotten jealous over nothing made him feel even more like an idiot. He picked his hat up from the table as he headed out the door and glanced over at Lena. "Ms. Murray, I'm terribly sorry to have abused your hospitality. I was only trying to look out for your well-being. Please feel free to call me if you have anything you'd like to talk about."

As he headed for the door, he glanced back at the trio of women standing together in the kitchen. He didn't know what it was, but Conor could tell that there was a sense of power that surrounded the women. These were women who would make the best of allies and the worst of enemies. It was just too damn bad that he had already started off in the wrong direction.

AnyaLeena
AnyaLeena
32 Followers