Morality and Immortality Ch. 01

Story Info
The Experiment.
2.2k words
4.2
54k
35

Part 1 of the 9 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/11/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a continuous story. In order to understand it fully it is best to read it in it's entirety, starting with Chapter 1.

Chapter 01 - The Experiment

Josh felt a distant itching at the back of his head. Slowly he began to open his eyes and became aware of his surroundings. There was one person standing beside him who he recognized as Dr. Mark Edwards. Josh was on a hospital bed. As the anesthetics wore off he remembered why he was there.

"Did it work?" Josh asked.

"Easy Josh." Said Dr. Edwards. "And yes it was a complete success. You are about to make the world a better place."

Josh put his hand to the back of his shaved head and through the bandages could feel the half inch disc protruding only a centimeter.

Josh then looked to the right and saw himself an exact copy, well not a copy, it was in fact his original body, the body he was in now was the clone. The only unfortunate thing of the whole experiment was that his cloned body was exactly the same as his original body.

Josh had gotten all his genes from his father. He was 5'2" and weighed one hundred and sixty pounds. He was about as unremarkable as you could get. In fact Josh had only had sex one time and the girl had been so drunk she had not even remember and to this day still denies it ever happened. He was what most people would call homely. The only thing he had going for him in fact, was that he was absolutely brilliant. Josh had graduated high school at the age of thirteen, had an engineering degree from MIT by the age of sixteen and was now nineteen and on his third year at UT medical school in Galveston.

Josh had volunteered for the experiment to prove a theory that the human mind could be transferred into a cloned body. The idea was to help people with degenerative diseases and paralysis. By cloning the patient, this time eliminating the defects at a genetic level and then transferring the human consciousness to the clone the person would be able to live out a long and healthy life.

The process was far from simple. While cloning had become common place at this day and age it was done only with animals. The animals where genetically identical to the original. However they grew up gaining distinct and unique personalities based on their own experiences.

The experiment Josh participated in and helped design. Created an exact copy of a human with no consciousness or self awareness. Using a solution for accelerated growth the clone would be brought to the age of the patient. Once the clone reached the appropriate age the accelerant solution was removed and the clone would age at a normal pace. A computer was used to create the neural pathways an adult gains over a lifetime so the transfer could be made without losing mental or physical capabilities. Electrodes were placed throughout the body to build and maintain muscle and prevent entropy. Once the clone was ready a cable was connected to a disc shaped input port at the back of the head just above the hairline while a similar cable was connected to the clone. Then a supercomputer would transfer not copy the consciousness and all the memory engrams to the clone. Simultaneously the supercomputer would supply all the necessary functions to keep the original still alive even if only just a shell.

Josh was ecstatic he had been involved in every step of the research. He would be directly responsible for saving millions of lives and make even more lives better. He could also see the future possibilities of the research. There was no reason people had to die of old age. You could just transfer your conciseness into a younger body. The applications for this new medical technology was staggering.

Josh spent the next three weeks getting use to his new body. Dr. Edwards ran countless test on him to make sure his new body was healthy and he had retained all his memories.

On his fourth week it was time for a field trial he was going to his mom's house for their monthly breakfast get-together.

Josh had arrived late Saturday night. As he expected his mother and little sister did not suspect a thing. The only thing she had noticed was that he had lost some weight.

It was Sunday morning and Josh sat at the breakfast table starring at the space that until a year ago had been his fathers seat. He could still remember the phone call he relieved from his mother telling him his father had been killed in a head on collision by the driver of an eighteen wheeler who had fallen asleep. Josh had made the one hour drive from his home in Galveston to his mothers house in Houston in record time.

He could still remember the funeral where he, his mother and his little sister has said their goodbyes and laid his body to rest.

"Josh here is your breakfast honey." Said his mother as she put his plate in front of him. At thirty-seven years old Kathy was a stunningly beautiful woman. She had Josh when she was only eighteen. Always an active person, she had not let herself go after giving birth. At 5'9" with a flat stomach, nicely curved ass and size C breast she was what people thought of when they used the term MILF.

"Thanks mom." Replied Josh.

Josh glanced over at his little sister Sam who was making a face out of two eggs and a piece of bacon. Samantha was her real name but everyone called her Sam. At eighteen Sam had a tight little body, her breast had developed nicely and with her mothers looks, she was a sexy little girl.

"Josh" said Sam.

"When are you going to go back to Galveston?"

"Probably around two o'clock, so I can avoid rush hour traffic. I also have some work to do with Dr. Edwards." Replied Josh.

Josh spent the remainder of his visit talking with his mom and sister. Listening to his mothers stories about work and his sisters aggravations with the boys at school. His mother didn't really have to work, in-fact none of them did. With both the life insurance and the settlement from the trucking company all three of them were set for life. While his sister had to go to school, his mother chose to keep going to work. For much the same reason he chose to still go to school. To maintain a sense of normalcy and a distraction from thinking of his fathers death.

It was 10 minutes after two and Josh was on his way home when his cell phone rang. Josh picked it up and looked at the caller ID, it said police department.

"Is this Josh Sanders?" Asked the voice on the other end.

"Yes it is." Replied Josh.

"This is Detective Grey of the Galveston Police Department. We are calling to inform you that the room where you were doing medical research was destroyed. We also need to inform you that Dr. Mark Edwards was killed while trying to save the research. We need you to come to the campus to answer a few question."

Josh hurried to the building were his lab had been and saw a frenzy of activity. Police cars, fire trucks and ambulances were all over the place. Josh made his way to the crime scene line where he asked for Detective Grey.

Josh spent the next several hours answering questions about what they where doing what type of research and if he knew or had seen certain people. Josh was vague about the research they did saying it was only experiments with cloning. Not giving away what type of cloning, how far they had gotten or the fact that he himself had a cloned body. Later he would find out it had been a religious extremist group that had destroyed the lab.

Josh spent the next month going to classes and trying to figure out what to do next. He had all the knowledge of the experiment in his head and was certain he could duplicate it. He did not know if he would go public with the information or perhaps open up a medical clinic and make vast sums of money.

Josh was sitting at a table in the lunch hall running all the possible scenarios through his head when he noticed two very sexy girls whispering and pointing at a guy across the hall. The guy was about six foot and very attractive. He could barely overhear the girls saying what they would like him to do to them. And wished he could be like that guy, having girls want him.

Josh bolted straight up. "Why can't I?" said Josh quietly to himself. "I could theoretically transfer to any cloned body since its only the memories and no genetic material and hence no genetic rejection." Josh rush out of the lunch hall with an excited scared feeling he had never had. He would keep the new medical technology to himself for now.

Josh spent the next six months getting all the supplies and equipment he would need to duplicate the process he and Dr. Edwards had done in the lab. With virtually unlimited funds from the settlement, money was not a problem. It took another month to build and test the equipment he would use.

Josh looked around, what had once been his basement was now a state of the art lab with all the equipment he needed to clone a body and transfer his conciseness. He even had a back up generator incase there was a power failure so his original body did not expire. The next part would prove to be more difficult than he anticipated.

If you could be anyone you wanted to be who would it be? This question took on a new meaning to him. Since he could literally be anyone. He immediately disregarded famous people. He also decided not to choose anyone who might know anyone he knew.

After days of deliberation he came to his answer. A foreigner. He would go to the international airport find somebody from another country, who was here on business or preferably on vacation.

Josh spent the next couple of weeks at the airport. He had spotted a few candidates, good looking guys relatively young who could easily have any girl they wanted. However he had been unable to get any genetic material from them. No hair, no blood no skin cells. Nothing. He was beginning to get frustrated.

Finally after three weeks he got his chance. He saw a guy get off Air France. A good looking guy by any standards. He was in his early twenties about five foot ten long dark hair. Josh followed the Frenchmen around the airport until the Frenchmen went into the bathroom. Josh followed him in and watched, waiting for anything he could use for cloning. After using the bathroom the Frenchman went to the sink washed his hands and then took out his brush to brush his hair. After he was finished brushing his hair he grabbed the hairs that came off on the brush and through them in the trash.

As soon as the Frenchman was out of the bathroom Josh hurried over to the trash can and pulled out the hairs. They where perfect, a few even had the follicles.

Using the rapid growth acceleration solution it took three months to grow the clone. Josh had also increased the voltage on the electrodes attached to the muscles to give the clone the necessary muscle definition so he wouldn't have to exercise to get the right body type.

The clone was finally ready and Josh was excited. Josh had the clone in a chamber he had designed, so it would not look to freaky with a body laying around. Josh stepped into the other chamber, plugged the transfer cable into the back of his head. The next phase was his own design, so that one person could do the transfer without another person involved. He put on a mask that would deliver a set amount of anesthetics and pushed the start button on the side of his chamber.

Josh woke up the same as before. A little disoriented. It took him about half an hour to get his bearings. His faced itched and as he reached to scratch he hit himself in the face. That made him a little more alert. He looked at his hand and realized it wasn't his hand, at least not the one he was born with. He felt a sudden thrill.

As the anesthetic wore completely off Josh was able to get up. He stood up a little shaky at first. The room seemed different, he looked around trying to figure out what had changed. Then he laughed. Of course it looked different, he was eight inches taller.

It had taken josh another six hours to get use to his new body. In the beginning he kept bumping into things, because he was not use to his new bodies dimensions. But after a while he was proficient enough to move around with out looking like he was drunk.

Josh ran the same test Dr. Edwards had to ensure the new body was healthy and that his memory was intact. Everything was good. He also checked to make sure his original body was in good condition and functioning as the super computer simulated all his normal brain functions.