More Than Friendship Material Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Downing her pills, she flicked open her mini keyboard and sent a text to Mary. "Crashing for the night. Sweet dreams!" and then the same to Hollie but with a little something added."Sorry I flaked. Promised to make it up to you! Night chick!"

Stretching out on the couch, she grabbed one of Todd's favorite throws and pulled it over herself as she settled on a music channel. It even smelled faintly of him and she smiled, pulling it closer and closing her eyes as she listened to the tunes and drifted off.

***

Ben got home and found Mary hard at work on her laptop, typing in code as fast as her fingers could go. "Um..whatcha working on, hun?"

"Oh just a project that has a pretty quick deadline. I need a video component though. Can I use that stuff we shot when we went to the lake with Todd and Liz that one weekend?"

"I don't see why not, " Ben replied. "What class is this for?"

Mary answered without looking up. "It's for my senior portfolio."

'But you're still a junior."

"Yeah, but I have to have a final graduation plan in place."

"OK. you seem busy. I'll finish watching the game."

"Thanks honey. But if you could get me that video first, I'd really appreciate it. I'll show you just how much later. Maybe with a tape of our own." This time Mary turned and winked at him.

"That's appreciation I can get behind. I'll bring it out in a sec."

Mary grinned, pulled out her phone and texted Hollie. "OK, I'm working on my end. How's yours?"

***

Hollie had put away her textbooks in lieu of working on her own project. She read the message from Mary and crossed her fingers, thinking Thanks Lucy! She had received a message from Liz an hour or so earlier. If Liz was keeping to the schedule she had mentioned earlier, hopefully she'd be asleep by now. To check, Hollie called her cell. The first call went to voicemail after a few rings. That was a good sign. Now, for her next try. Hollie waited 5 minutes then called the apartment's land line. This time a groggy Liz picked up the phone.

"H'lo," she muttered.

"Hey Lizzie. It's Hollie. Sorry to call and wake you, but I left my chemistry notebook in Todd's room, and I need it for tomorrow morning's class. Can I pop over and get it? You don't even have to wait up for me. Todd showed me where the spare key was. I'll just be in and out."

"Mmmokay," Liz answered barely leaving the dream she was in.

"Thanks sweetie. I love ya." Hollie knocked on wood. So far things seemed to be going OK. She texted Mary back. "Heading there now. Cross your fingers."

***

Liz was warm and dead to the world, lost in dreamland when she heard the front door open. With a soft moan, she blinked sleepy eyes, seeing Hollie pop through the doorway. "Hey Hol..." She mumbled, the sleeping pills still working through her system.

She heard Hollie whisper a hello, her cool finger gently caressing her forehead, lulling Liz right back to sleep. She snuggled down into the couch and let the blackness take over once more.

Hollie watched as Liz faded back into slumberland. Soon, her redheaded friend was nearly comatose again. Hollie tiptoed around, gathering things for later. She had seen some old yearbooks in Todd's room, and she carefully picked them up and tucked them in her backpack. Then she found a t-shirt with Todd's cologne still on it. She put that on and went to check Liz's room to see if she had anything that might be of use. In the bottom of her closet, there was a photo archive box, and Hollie confiscated that too. She went into the bathroom and turned on the faucet, just in case Liz woke up again. A thought crossed her mind and she washed off her make-up and all traces of her perfume. Then she called Mary.

Mary picked up the phone on the first ring. "Hey Ethel, how's the mission?"

"I think it's almost showtime. You have your stuff set?"

"Yup. If you can get her talking, we're in business."

"Fantastic. OK, I'll go get in position, you get the playback and recording started, and I'll put you on speaker phone. Hollie crept back into the living room. Liz was still curled up on the sofa.

"On it," Mary confirmed.

Hollie quietly slipped back to the living room and knelt next to the sofa where Liz's head lay. She listened for the audio to start. When it did, Todd and Liz's laughing voices could be heard. She hit the speaker button and carefully laid the phone on the arm of the couch by her. Soon, a contented smile came over Liz's face as the sounds invaded her subconscious. Hollie crawled as close to Liz as she dared. Then she lowered her voice as much as she could to approximate a male voice and said in a whisper. "Lizzy?"

Liz stirred a little but replied in a mumble. "Mmmmm hey Todd."

Hollie was encouraged by the results and continued whispering. 'Hey babe. We sure had fun on that trip didn't we."

"Uh huh." Liz smiled again

Hollie kept going. "You know we can talk about anything, right?"

"Thass good, Todd "

"No matter what."

"That makes me happy."

"And I know you're in love with me, Lizzy."

'I do love you Todd. Hope you're not mad."

"I'd never be mad at you Liz."

"Mmmm... What about Holllie?"

"Don't worry about Hollie. Just be honest with me and things will be OK. Now get some sleep."

"Thank you Todd. I love you."

"I love you too Lizzy. No matter what'"

Liz smiled and stirred a little more. Hollie figured she should end this while she was ahead, but Liz's voice stopped her. "Todd?"

'I'm here Lizzy," Hollie whispered, wondering where this was going. She had lost control of the conversation.

"Thank you for rescuing me. Will you kiss me good night like you did at the dance?"

Hollie wasn't sure how to respond, but in for a penny, in for a pound. "OK, Lizzy." She leaned forward to give her friend a light kiss, but Liz responded with urgency, her tongue seeking what she thought was Todd's. Hollie leaned into the kiss to keep Liz in the moment, but at the same time grabbed the phone and ended the call. She broke off the kiss and stood up. Liz tossed and turned a little then half opened an eye.

"Hey Holl..." she yawned and blinked bleary eyes.

"Hey, I'm just leaving. Sorry to wake you. Looked like you were having a good dream."

Liz rolled over and grunted."I was. Todd kisses a lot like you....night."

Hollie fought back a laugh, gathered her things and slipped out.

Chapter 14