More Than Friendship Material Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Course I remember. Was your first kiss. My favorite kiss."

Hollie teared up for the second time that day, but kept going. 'It was my favorite kiss too. I'm going to let you get some rest now."

"K, Liz..Oh Liz?"

"Yes?"

"I knew you were in the bleachers. G'night."

***

After hanging up with Hollie, Liz freshened herself up, trying to wake up after her short, but much needed nap. Those pills always had a lingering effect, prompting her to brew herself a quick cup of coffee. With mug in hand, she inhaled the fresh scent of coffee, sliding open the glass doors that let out onto the tiny patio that they barely used. Scanning the parking lot, she took in a deep breath of fresh air with a sigh, wondering how Todd was doing and how things would be when he returned home. Would she feel awkward? How was she supposed to approach him? Sooner or later, they had to talk.

About an hour later, Liz was rinsing out her cup when Hollie made it to her door. Greeting her new friend, the girls exchanged a warm hug. "He was out like a light after eating his pizza and taking his meds. Did you know he hummed in his sleep?"

Liz laughed, "Apparently he does quite a few things in his sleep. But I have heard him hold a conversation before with some unknown person and he's also had laughing fits before. Those are pretty funny...I think I actually got that on tape one night."

Hollie shook her head, grinning. "Makes you wonder what you're up to when sleeping."

"No, I'm a perfect angel when asleep." Liz told her and they both giggled. "I vote Chinese tonight Hollie. An all you can eat place, I am starved."

Hollie agreed to that without a second though. "Whatever floats your boat babe. They have just about anything and everything at those buffets and hey, they are cheap."

"Cheap good food.I bet Todd would be hating us right now if he wasn't snoozing."

They chuckled, locking up the door and heading out for a bit of fun. The Chinese Buffet was only a few miles away from the apartment, making it ideal considering both girls were pretty worn down after the week they were having. Liz bit into an egg roll and rolled her eyes, moaning softly. "Oh my god, these are so good. Try some." She offered the roll to Hollie with her fingers and watched the pretty blond take a bite. Some boys at the next table stared at them, nudging one another as the girls shared food back and forth.

"Oh yeah, that is good stuff." Hollie said, smiling as she chewed. She had noticed the boys looking their way already, but Liz, as usual was oblivious to their looks.

"I think we have admirers Lizzie. We should have fun with it and turn them into long time customers of this fine establishment."

Liz gave her a confused look and then looked in the direction that Hollie indicated with her fork. Liz looked over and turned back, blushing. Hollie giggled and dipped a finger into some sweet and sour sauce, then licked it clean with her tongue.

Liz smothered a laugh and shook her head. "You are horrible! I think I've had enough fun with guys for the time being."

"What about Todd?"

Liz puffed out her cheeks, "Guess we'll wait and see. I don't know what to do yet..."

Hollie gave her a little nod, "No worries hun. I have a feeling everything will work out fine." She smiled softly and they soon finished up eating. With their dinner done, Hollie drove Liz back home walked her to the apartment, knowing she was still a little skittish. "You going to be okay?"

Liz nodded, opening the door. "Yeah. Thank you. Call me tomorrow and when Todd's home we can all get together. Sure he'd love to see everyone."

Hollie nodded slightly and Liz wondered what was running through her head. She was acting a little odd, but after the last couple of days, it wasn't entirely surprising and the young blond was also in an awkward situation. "Well you rest up and we'll hang tomorrow. I have a few things to do in the morning, give you and Todd to get settled."

Liz smiled and gave her another big hug, kissing her on the cheek. "Goodnight Hollie. Thanks for being such a good friend."

With a final little wave, the door shut and Hollie walked back to her car. It was still only 9:30, so she called Mary to see how things were progressing.

Mary picked up on the first ring."Hey girl. I didn't want to call while you were with Liz, but it's done if you want to swing by."

"Thanks, Mary," Hollie replied. "How did it turn out?"

"I'll let you decide for yourself."

"OK. I'll be there in a few minutes," the small blonde promised Mary, snapping her phone shut with a sigh as she started the car. Her feelings were a jumble, and she lamented the one thing the Chinese buffet didn't have - alcohol. A drink could have calmed her nerves. The evening had been a good time though. Liz seemed happier, and the show they had put on for the boys at the next table was especially fun. The shy redhead had taken a little prodding to get into it, but eventually she did. They didn't do anything overtly sexual, but took flirting into overdrive. The way the girls had kept sharing food had kept the guys mesmerized, and it only escalated as Hollie had started adding the subtle touches like brushing Liz's hair from her eyes and holding her hand to look at her manicure. When Liz picked up on the game, things really picked up. She had leaned forward and touched Hollie's necklace to get a closer look, asked her to raise her leg to look at her shoes, dropped her phone so Hollie had to crawl under the table. When Liz giggled while she was down there, she thought the dudes' eyes were going to pop right out of their heads.

Hollie smiled at the recollection. The "are they lesbians on a date or flirting with us" debate in the boys heads was nearly audible, and just when they seemed ready to make a move, the girls got up, hugged and walked past them on the way out of the restaurant. It had been nice seeing Liz get in touch with her inner sex kitten, but what am I doing? I haven't been with a guy I liked as much as Todd in over a year. She fingered the small cross on her necklace, just as Liz had done earlier. No, she was doing the right thing. No matter the cost for herself. Her resolve steeled, she looked forward to what "Lucy" had put together.

***

Ben got home from work to find Mary still hard at work. That was nothing new. She had always been a work hard, play hard type. What was new was that it looked like she had been crying. "Honey," he asked, " are you feeling OK?"

She looked up, not having even known he had come in. "Oh, hi baby. Yeah I'm fine. Just still working on this project."

"How far along are you?"

""I'm getting close to finishing it. When I do, I want you to look at it and give me your opinion."

"Um, Mary, I don't know a whole lot about computers you know, other than the basics. You sure there isn't someone else you should ask."

"No. Ben. You're the perfect person to tell me if it looks OK. I love you."

"OK, hun. I'm going to go take a shower before supper. You want to order Chinese or something?"

"That sounds good. Thanks. Oh, Ben, can I ask you something?"

"What's that?"

"What was your favorite kiss?"

Ben looked a little alarmed, feeling suddenly put on the spot, then he smiled sweetly. "Ask me on our wedding day baby. I'll have an answer by then."

Mary let out a snort and rolled her eyes with a laugh. "I'll let you off the hook this time."

Chuckling, Ben called up their favorite little Chinese spot and ordered the food, jumping into the shower the freshen himself up while Mary finished up her little project. He was partially curious only because she seemed a little out of sorts and her puffy eyes told him there was more to the story that she was letting on. With a quick change, he padded out in a pair of loose fitting gym shorts, bare chested and ready to hit the sack as soon as he filled his belly. Right on time, the doorbell rang, and he answered it. After paying off the delivery driver, he took the food to the kitchen and made both of them a plate.

"Ben, I just finished. Can you take a look at it while we eat?" Mary asked.

"Sure, hon. What am I looking at?"

"You'll understand when you see." She made a few keystrokes, a couple of mouse clicks, then turned the laptop toward Ben. The video of the four of them at the lake started to play, but the soundtrack changed to the Taylor Swift song that Todd had been humming earlier.

Ben was confused. "Mary, I don't think I .." The words died in his throat. A photo montage of Liz and Todd started to play. Pictures of them as children, from the past week, from high school, at holidays, at the beach. The song continued, and the montage went on and on. As the song ended, the final picture filled the screen. It was Liz and Todd at a school dance. Liz was wearing a modest formal gown, Todd an ill fitting suit. They looked young and innocent and happy. The notes of the song trailed away and Liz and Todd's voices began to play. It was strange. They seemed to be talking in their sleep, and carrying on conversations, But, the conversations weren't quite lined up. The final voice was Todd's. "Your first kiss. My favorite kiss."

It quickly dawned on Ben as he watched the ending. They aren't Monica and Joey. It's more than that. He looked at Mary with disbelief. "Why..how?"

"It was Hollie's idea, Ben. She wanted them to be honest with each other. I helped her, put it together...maybe we shouldn't have.." His beautiful fiance bit her lower lip, looking a little worried.

"I think it's beautiful. Probably the most romantic thing I've ever seen, and this is why I love you. But Hollie, does she know?"

"She hasn't seen the final product, but she was who they were talking to."

Drawing Mary onto his lap, he kissed her soundly, threading his fingers through her hair and tilting her head just so their kisses could be deepened. She moaned and melted against Ben in no time flat, her arms pulling him tight. She knew just how Liz felt, because she had what Liz wanted. Her heart ached, full and ready to burst. He was such a sweetheart. "Mmmmph." She moaned softly, pulling back as a knock at the door sounded. "I need to do more romantic things if it gets me that kind of sugar."

Ben grinned and scooted her off his lap to answer the door where Hollie stood anxiously waiting. "Come here, you," he said, grabbing her arm and pulling her past the threshold.

"Hey! Ben, what the fuck?" she exclaimed as Ben enveloped her in a bear hug.

"I don't know what Todd's going to do," he explained, "but it looks like to me that no matter what, he'll have both a lover and a good friend." He kissed her on the top of her head. "OK, I've said my piece. I'll let the spy girls do their thing in peace." Ben let Hollie go and headed off the the bedroom. Mary was watching the scene with a smile.

"He has a hard candy shell, but soft gooey insides. He's been emotional like that tonight," Mary said "He was impressed."

Hollie blushed."Yeah. You know me I'm awesome," she joked. "I just have two questions. 1) Can I see the finished version, and 2) Have any wine?"

"Yes and yes," Mary answered. She turned the laptop toward Hollie and motioned for her to sit. "Watch this, and I'll grab the wine and some glasses. I think we'll both need some."

Hollie watched the multimedia presentation wide-eyed. The musical addition made perfect sense, but she hadn't seen it coming. Mary sat the glasses on the table and poured.

'So?" she asked.

"If that doesn't get them to face their feelings," Hollie said, "nothing will."

12