More Than Friendship Material Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She let her gaze fall to Hollie and Allen. While not pressed overly close, the little blonde was smiling sweetly up at Allen. She looked so tiny compared to him, all delicate and light compared to his dark sturdiness. But she did notice a hint of something on his face, and Liz wondered if the big guy had perhaps a tiny crush on their Hollie.

Smiling she rested her head on Ben's shoulder and was glad when the song finally ended. "Drink break!" Liz called out before Mary could say another word and poked her tongue out.

"Here here!" Todd called after her and she took the hint, but fetched him something with no bite and more taste.

Everyone sat down to relax after their impromptu dance party. Hollie took the opportunity to talk to Allen. "I'm really glad you came," she said. "Are you having a good time with Liz. You make a cute couple." Allen thought he heard a slight edge to the last comment.

"I'm having a good time," Allen replied with a smile. "But, she's already let me down easy. You know why."

"Wow. Sorry Allen," Hollie said. "I'd have thought she would have at least given you a chance."

"It's OK. I think she's great, but I wasn't looking for a relationship. I just haven't socialized in a long time and didn't want to feel left out. Now, you, on the other hand, I'm impressed. You're awfully forgiving for knowing that a friend is in love with your guy."

"Well, whether he's my guy is a matter still to be determined," Hollie said with a sigh.

"How so?" Allen asked.

"I like Todd a lot, " Hollie answered. "But, we haven't known each other for long, and he and Liz have a fiteen year history as almost family. If he returns her feelings at all, I've got no shot, and I wouldn't want to mess that up anyway."

"So," Allen said thoughtfully, "you think Todd could be her Mr. Darcy."

Hollie looked at her feet. "Yeah, maybe...wait...did you just make a Pride & Prejudice reference?"

"What? Didn't think I could read?" Allen said with a grin that lit up his dark features.

"That wouldn't have been my first guess at your reading material," the little blonde said with a giggle. "But, if you're so up on your romantic quotient, then I don't mind letting you see the next entertainment portion of the evening."