More Than Friendship Material Pt. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Liz isn't Mary. I'd expect it from Mary."

Ben's eyes narrowed. "That had better have been a lot less like an insult than it sounded."

Liz felt as though she was about to pass out. She sat on the bed with the others, looking a bit shell shocked. "What am I going to say?"

"Do you know for sure they heard? I'm sure Ben will talk to him." Mary soothed.

Liz took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "God I hope, I was hoping I could talk to him before he caught wind of this...what...what if he's pissed at me and it's all messed up?"

Tammy gave Liz a sideways hug. "Aw babe, you and Todd have a lot going for you. Surely, he's not going to toss you aside just 'cause he thinks you were having a little girl fun!! Nothing even happened"

"I know, but I still don't know what to say right now," Liz said.

"Don't say anything, just yet," Hollie offered. "Look, you calm down. I'll call the guys and see if I can assess the damage. I can invite them to the chili and hayride, as an excuse for the call."

***

Todd breathed a sigh and covered his face with his hands. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insinuate anything, Ben. I'm just...I don't know what I am at the moment."

"No harm, no foul. You got a shock," Ben said. "But this is not the end of the world, and you don't even have any facts yet."

"Yeah. You're right. I'll try not to freak too much." Todd's cell began blaring AC/DC and interrupted the conversation.

"Thunderstruck?" Ben asked. "Who's that one for?"

"Hollie. Ask Mary, I'm sure she'll be able to explain." Todd said with a grin.

"If that's the case, dude," Ben said, "you'd better change that tone too."

Todd answered the call. "Yo Hollie. What's up?"

The cheerleader's light, peppy voice answered. "Hey Todd. Ben's with you, isn't he?"

'Yeah. Why? Do you want to talk to him."

'No" she replied. "I was calling to see what you guys were up to. We need your company and your expertise."

"For what?"

'We want to go to the Haunted Hayride tonight to celebrate Tammy's new job, but first she was asking for chili. Mary and Liz said you two collaborate on a mean pot."

"I don't know, Hollie. Ben might be up for it, but I'm not in the best of moods right now," Todd said.

"Really? Why's that?" Hollie asked.

"Oh, something came up that messed with my head a little. We can talk about that later."

"Um, no. That's not gonna work for me, Todd," Although still friendly and sweet, her voice took on a stern edge. "Perhaps you didn't know this, but part of the deal with me letting you go without a fight is that you and Ben get to play escort for me on scary haunted forest things since I don't have an official boyfriend. So, we'll discuss whatever it is that's got your panties in a wad, while we buy groceries for the chili. You meet me at Wal-mart, and Ben can meet the rest of the girls at his place in an hour. No excuses. Bye."

Hollie hung up without giving Todd a chance to argue. "What was that about, man?" Ben asked.

"Apparently we're making chili, going on a hayride, and are Hollie's stand-in boyfriends until further notice." Todd replied. "When did we lose control of our lives?"

"Puberty, dude. Puberty."

Ben and Todd wolfed down the rest of the Pretzel Dogs and retrieved Todd's car from the lot. "Just swing me back over to campus, and I'll pick up my bike, man."

"Sure thing, bro," Todd replied as he pulled into traffic. "Do you have any idea what you already have at home, since I'm on grocery detail with Hollie? I just spent more money today than I had planned for."

"Get burger, sausage, green peppers, and beans. I think we're set for tomatoes, onions, and beer." Ben pulled out two twenties. "Here. This ought to cover all that, dessert, and a box of wine. Since I made you spend your cash and all. Plus, you have accessories to buy for tomorrow."

"Thanks for the bucks, but I have to buy more? Oh Jesus, Ben. You're killing me. Plus, I'm not sure whether things are still on for tomorrow, yet."

"Yes you do, and yes they are. Damn it, how stupid are you?"

"I just don't know what's going on, and everything is moving so fucking fast. I'm stressed out, dude."

"Understandable, but don't make any decisions till you know the facts, and concentrate on themanygood things going on. OK?"

"I guess. Maybe it'll be a good thing I'm talking to you and Hollie before I see Liz."

"Probably. I know you've got other things worrying you with the money and school and the lawyer and the doctor and all that. Just focus, OK. I go through that all the time getting ready for the wedding. Thankfully, Mary has her shit together. So does Liz."

"I hope you're right, Ben. I really do."