More Than Friendship Material Pt. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Will the others be there?"

"I don't think so. Can you handle things alone with me? We'll be together most of the time, and I'll need you to be attentive."

Allen smiled. "I'm sure I can manage."

"That's what I wanted to hear," the leggy brunette replied. "Want the details now or should we hammer out things later?

"Just the basics for now," Allen answered. "When, where, number of guests, what I should call you, what I should be wearing...."

"Aren't you the boy scout being prepared? OK, Friday, four fourty five till nineish I think over at the University Club on campus. Just call me Tammy. I think that's easiest. Oh, and it's a cocktail party and fairly formal occasion. Do you want to wear your dress uniform?"

"No, I'm not active anymore," Allen replied.

"No problem. Tell you what, I'll make sure you look the part, if you don't mind me springing for a new suit."

"Perk of the job, right?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Right," Tammy affirmed. "I'll need you to meet me at my hotel tomorrow afternoon, so we can get the fitting out of the way, though."

"Great. How's two?"

"Perfect. I look forward to seeing you again. Just call me at one thirty to let me know you're on the way, and I'll have everything ready.

'Will do. See you tomorrow." Allen ended the call and smiled, the stress from earlier easing. This was the kind of thing he was good at.

Tammy looked at the phone and shook her head. He hadn't even waited for her to say good-bye. Allen was certainly all business, but she could see why the girls liked him so much. He was very quick on the uptake, took directions well, and seemed to anticipate needs. He and she would make the picture perfect couple that her new bosses were looking for.

***

Mary quirked a brow in question and Liz shrugged. "I think she's calling Allen to set up their 'date' or what not. Hollie said they are on the way...should be here any minute."

"About time!"

"Oh I don't mind so much." Ben chimed in, snuggling Mary close again. This time Liz did make a face and false gagging sounds.

"Don't be hatin'!" Mary laughed and Liz stood up, smoothing down her clothes.

"I'll leave you two to it for a minute. I'm going to use the ladies room and freshen up."

She wanted to buy herself a little time. Although she loved everyone out there, her nerves were getting the best of her, so she pulled down the lid to the toilet and sat. She'd already brushed her hair, touched up her makeup, washed her hands and now sat alone on the seat, feeling anxious.

"Please, please, please be okay with everything." She murmured to herself, taking a deep breath and grabbed a magazine, staring blankly at the smiling face on the cover.

Moments later and the front door burst open and Hollie made her entrance. "Hollie is in the house!" she announced.

Liz groaned, knowing full well that Todd wouldn't be far behind.

***

Todd pulled into the parking lot, noticing that Hollie was a couple of hundred yards ahead of him. AC/DC was blasting out of his factory installed speakers, as he tried to let the loud music drown out the still somewhat present worry about seeing Liz. "Damn Blackberry." he cursed."I so need a new phone." He meandered through the apartment complex, till he got to the last turn before their building. Up ahead he saw Hollie's blonde ponytail swinging in the wind, as she got to the door and went inside. Driving up to the building, he found a spot close to the unit, and parked. Tammy was on the screened in patio with a cell phone. Todd honked the horn to get her attention as he got out, and he waved to her. Tammy waved back, so Todd called to her. "Hey! I need help with the bags. Mind giving me a hand?"

"Sure thing," she called back, "but if it's a lot, Ben's inside."

"I'd rather it was you, if you don't mind," Todd responded. "I want to run a couple of things by you before I see Liz."

"K, I'll be right out."

Tammy vanished back into the apartment, then reappeared shortly, walking toward Todd with casual, loping strides. "Nice legs," Todd thought, as she approached. "The other team's lucky." Little Todd nodded in approval. Todd continued pulling the bags and handed her two of the lighter ones. He grabbed the others and the box of wine. "Thanks, Tammy. Now it's just the one trip."

"Glad to help however I can. "If you were wondering about that attorney, I haven't had a chance to call yet, though."

Todd shook his head. "No, that's not it, but thanks again. Anyway, I'm about to ask a favor, but I'm operating on second hand info here. If I was misinformed, please don't get mad."

Tammy grinned. "I have thick skin. What's up?"

"Thank God. OK, do you mind being Liz's date for the hay ride? Hollie implied that you might be interested."

'Do tell," Tammy replied. "Well I could bust your chops, but I think you've had a long day so I won't. I'd be happy to escort your girl, if she's cool with it. I hoped you were going too, though. Did something come up?"

"Oh no," Todd said. "I'm still going, just Hollie didn't have a date, and I kinda owe her. So, I offered to take her as mine."

"Ooooooo, kinky. You all are into sharing." Tammy said with a leer.

"Acckkkk! Nothing like that. It'll just be as friends!"

'Kidding dear. I've heard about you guys. Well, some of it anyway. I think that's sweet, and I'm fine with whatever, so long as Liz is too."

"Thanks. I appreciate it, Tammy. I need to talk to Liz first though.

'Yes. You most definitely do. She's been a nervous wreck."

Todd sighed as they made their way to the door. "I'm hoping to rectify that. Now about the other things I wanted to ask about..."

****

Liz took several deep breaths and wondered if she wasn't going to start hyperventilating. So far, no sound from Todd, and she was worried everyone else would think she'd fallen in.

Dropping the magazine she stood up and rolled her neck and shoulders, trying to loosen up. "It'll be fine. Todd's not a dick," she told herself and grasped the door handle to the door, swinging it open.

Hollie spotted her instantly and grinned, easing her nerves a fraction. Liz smiled back and entered the living room again, gaining a great big hug from the sweet blond. "Don't look so worried, it's all good," she whispered in her ear and gave her bottom a playful smack.

Liz breathed a small sigh of relief just as the door opened again and in came Tammy, followed by Todd. Her heart did a funny little flick and stomach quivered as he entered. She gave him an unsure, almost shy smile and waited for him to finish up what he was doing.

They dropped the groceries onto the kitchen counter. "About time you freaking got here, dude," Ben called from the couch. Mary (a brunette Mary!) was on his lap and draped all over him.

"Yeah," Todd replied, "well why haven't you stopped playing grab-ass and started cooking? Well, actually I can see why. Looking hot there, Mary. I wondered if you'd ever go back to that color."

Mary blushed. "So it's official, everybody knew that wasn't my real color. Well, except Liz I guess. Not sure how I feel about that. Oh, thanks for scratching ,Todd."

"I wasn't scratching! I was putting my keys in my pocket!"

"Sure you were, Tiger," Hollie teased, as everyone laughed at Todd's indignation. Mary popped up from Ben's lap. Leaning close, she kissed Todd on the cheek, then whispered in his ear. "I meant for scratching on the 8-Ball, hustler. Of course, if you hadn't, this could have been all yours."

Todd's face reddened as he turned to Ben. "You told her? Way to live up to the bro code, pal."

"Had no choice, man," Ben answered. "I'll tell you about it later, though, and sorry I didn't start the chili. I'll take care of that now, 'cause I think you have something else to take care of." Ben gestured at Liz, who had stood quietly, looking pensive. Todd took a deep breath and walked over to her and watched her start to say something, but her BFF shushed her before she could speak.

"I just have to test something," he said seriously. Then with no warning, he pulled her into his arms and kissed her deeply. Liz soon returned the kiss just as strongly, and the rest of the gang cheered. When the two finally came up for air, Todd ruffled her hair and said with a smile. "Well, I guess you haven't changed teams, yet."

Liz punched his chest lightly, playfully, a deep flush coloring her face all the way up to her roots. "You should know better." With her arms still securely wrapped around his waist, she gave him a squeeze and sighed with relief. "You aren't overly upset then? It wasn't really planned, and it was all really flattering, but nothing really happened..."

He hushed her again with a softer, sweeter kiss. "We'll talk later when we're alone, okay? But I'm not mad. At least not anymore."

She visibly relaxed and nodded, giving his nose a little nudge with her own. "Okay."

"Oh and Tammy is your date for the hay ride today, I hope you don't mind. But I promised Hollie I'd be hers, since we both owe her a lot. Just as friends of course."

Liz blinked, a little surprised, but there was no doubt that she trusted both of them. "Yeah, sure. I'm cool with that."

"I figured you would be." He grinned and pulled her into another hug, inhaling the scent of her hair. His Liz was still the same girl he'd always loved. Even if she was a little more open about her sexuality.

She snuggled close a moment, enjoying his warmth until Ben began to whine. "If you two are done smoochin,' I could use some man power dude!"

Todd begrudgingly let go of Liz and met Ben back in the kitchen. "Thanks Mr. Buzzkill. We've done this a zillion times. I think you could have managed without me for fifteen minutes." Ben looked up from browning the meat.

"I did that, because you need some distance. Tomorrow's the big day, remember? Not tonight."

"Yes, I do recall something like that, as well as someone making me spend an arm and a leg earlier. Speaking of which, did you get a hold of them for me?"

Ben grinned. "Of course, dude. I know how to prioritize, and things are moving ahead accordingly. You sure you're ready for that."

Todd laughed. "No, not even close to sure, but I am sure I want to try it."

"Huge step, bro. Huge."

"I know," Todd replied. "First things first. I have plans with Hollie."

Ben gave Todd a confused look. "Yeah I heard. Another girl already? You play a dangerous game, and I'm not sure I get it. Are they both cool with that?"

"Yep, I was completely honest to both. So far, as they know." Todd took over putting the ingredients together in the pot.

"Careful there, Casanova. Things can get too hot too quick."

"Hot chili's the best kind."

"Not what I was talking about," Ben teased.

"Just doing what a playa has to do, my friend. They'll both love me for it. Trust me," Todd said with a laugh.

"Famous last words, dude." Ben replied.