More Than Friendship Material Pt. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's not the point!" Liz defended. "It was an accident, not a deliberate act. Mary...you two have rules."

Mary quirked a brow as Hollie took a loud sip of her drink, gulping it down and hoping that an ice headache would numb the confusion. "Stuff it Liz. I'm not asking you two to sleep together. Just share a little tongue in the dark..."

"Ben?" Liz turned her attention to him, giving him pleading eyes as if to say, get a handle on your woman!

"Mary, I don't think this is necessary," Ben pleaded. "It was all just a misunderstanding. Todd didn't mean anything by it, and if I hadn't tripped if wouldn't have happened."

Mary looked at him. "So what you're saying is that you're partially at fault for me looking like a tramp in public, and you want me to forget about our rules. It's OK for us to go into our wedding with my recent memory of another guy's lips and hands on me, and vice versa."

"Yes," Ben replied. "No! I mean no. Wait, what was the question?" He shook his head to get his bearings. "It doesn't matter. Liz doesn't think of me like that, and I don't think of her that way either."


"Right!" Liz agreed quickly.

"Of course," Mary said. "I'm sorry. You two are more like brother and sister. No naughty, base feelings about each other at all. You have not one bit of curiosity at all about one another."

"Exactly, " Ben answered

"Uh huh, " Mary said drily. "So, Todd, do you ever tell Liz about those video games that you play with Ben. The ones over the head sets?"


Todd proceeded warily. "Yeah, sometimes. Why?"

"Oh, no reason," Mary continued nonchalantly. "I was just thinking about the one you were playing a couple of weeks ago. It must have been a hunting game, because Ben asked you to describe a rack. He thinks I don't listen but..."

Ben blanched as Mary continued. "Oh never mind, that story may bore the girls. Here's a better one. Liz was telling me about something really interesting about the library not too long ago, weren't you Red?"

Liz flushed crimson and and shook her head, her eyes impossibly big. "Mary!" she hissed and cleared her throat. "Jeez...okay okay...I give." Her shoulders sagged a little as she looked over at both of the boys. "That is if it's not going to make thingsweirder, I'll swap spit with Ben. If it makes Mary happy andonlyif it's to make things even."

A small knowing smile lifted the sides of Mary's full lips as she tapped her foot and folded her arms, gazing at Todd with defiance. "So? What will it be, Romeo? You gonna let your two best friends lock lips for a moment?"

Todd looked confused and torn by all of the chaos. This was supposed to be a fun night, not one filled with drama!

"Wait...before he answers what are the rules here? Where is this taking place?" Hollie asked all of a sudden, her eyes watering after swallowing the last of her cold drink.

"If it goes down, I can think of a couple of options," Mary said. "One. We're still here, so we can just send them on another ride around the woods. Two. Seven Minutes in Heaven, only the lightning round three minute version. Unless one of you has a better idea. First things first, though. What's it gonna be, boys?"

Todd and Ben looked at each other for a few seconds. "We need a couple of minutes to confer," Todd said.

"Granted," Mary said. " I need to make a bathroom run any way, and I think the girls will be so kind as to accompany me." The female contingent left as a group, leaving the guys to discuss the next odd item on the evening's agenda.

"Dude," Ben began, his hand on his forehead as if to stifle a headache,"why didn't you just tell me what the fuck you were doing earlier. It would have saved so much trouble."

"Yeah, yeah. I know. Hindsight and shit," Todd replied. "I'm sorry to drag you into it, and I'mreallysorry about the thing with Mary."

"S'ok. I know it wasn't intentional, and it was fucking dark. But, she's not happy, bro. I know she flirts and has girl fun and stuff, but she is serious as a heart attack when it comes to guy/girl monogamy. Her folks went through a rough patch when she was younger. Separation, counseling, the whole nine yards."

"That sucks. Her dad was cheating, huh?"

Ben shook his head. "No. Her mom. That's why she's so big on following the rules. She doesn't want to repeat the pattern."

"Makes sense," Todd admitted. "Look, I know you don't want to do this, but I don't want to make waves between you and Mary, at least not any more than I already have. It's just making out anyway, right?"

Ben sighed. "Yeah. I won't go any farther than I have to and Liz is comfortable with. I promise."

"I know, man. So, I guess we're doing this."

"Looks like."

"OK." The friends sat silently for a few seconds, before Todd smiled. "Consider this my best man gift," he laughed. "You're the one who said you always wanted to make a move on her before. Now you have a 'get out of bro code jail free' card."

Ben smiled widely, the somber mood lifting. "True. And admit it, you got the better end of the deal. All the fun, no second guessing while it was going on. What all DID go on, by the way. I need boundaries, and Mary will want me to at least try everything you did."

Todd looked at the ground. "OK, dude, but you have to promise not to get mad."

"Oh God," Ben said. "That's a bad way to start."

***

Liz reluctantly followed the group of girls to the port-a-potty spot. "Ewwww...this is seriously gross." Hollie sniffed and wrinkled her nose. "Tell me you don't really have to go."

Mary winked, "Of course not. I just was letting them having their man time, so we could have our girl time."

Liz folded her arms, looking uneasy. "I still think you're nuttier than a squirrel. Did you take some drugs on that hay ride?"

Mary rolled her eyes and came up to Liz, sliding her arms around her curvy hips. "No." She told the redhead seriously. "I want things to be on even ground. I don't want regrets. I don't want anyone wondering 'what if'. Our wedding is getting closer and after your small confession and his, then what happened on the hay ride...it seems like the perfect moment. Even if it feels a little weird."

Liz kept her stance, looking worried, a scowl marring her forehead and gave a little sniff. "Don't be so stubborn, Lizzie pie. Everyone gets curious. Ben and I are about to tie the knot, and you and Todd are about to get very serious. So...we make it a clean slate. We get it out of our systems."

Liz searched her friend's eyes, already resigned to all of it. "This is system over load for me." she muttered, whining slightly. Hugging Mary close, Liz gave her a squeeze. "But if this is what you want. I'll sacrifice myself," she teased melodramatically.

Hollie giggled and the rest of the girls followed suit as they returned to find a much more relaxed and cheerful Todd and Ben. "So, fellas," Mary asked,"Can I take it from your pleasant demeanor that you've reached a consensus?"

"Yes, we have," Todd replied. "We submit to your weird concept of justice."

"Let's just get it over with," Ben added.

"Don't knock it till you try it, big boy," Tammy kidded, as Liz continued to blush.

"Yay! Hay ride, home in the closet, or Door Number 3?" Hollie piped up.

"All things being equal, I say we just do the ride again, since we're already here," Ben decided."That OK, with you Liz?"

"That's fine. Maybe I'll be better able to concentrate on the monsters this time," Liz replied while elbowing Todd in the ribs, "without the extra floor show."

"Just make sure you stay in the same seat when the lights go out," Ben said. "I don't want the same problem to happen, since it would be with a complete stranger this time."

"And he might not like you kissing him," Todd jeered.

"Just for that, you're paying, douchebag," Ben answered. "Serves you right, too, since it was your fault."

Todd paid for the tickets, and Ben and Liz returned to the hay ride line in anticipation of their new adventure."

"Well, now we have time to kill," Tammy reasoned. "Funnel cakes?"

'FUNNEL CAKES" the others seconded.

***

Liz took Ben's offered hand as he helped her up onto the hay ride again and nervously took a seat near the middle. It was getting late and the flow of people wasn't quite as thick. She was feeling extremely apprehensive about this, but tried to swallow down the nervousness. She mentally told herself it was no big deal. They were buds. This was like being with the girls, only not.

"I'm sorry about all of this," she told him as others hustled to join the ride.

Ben actually flushed a little, rubbing the back of his neck. "Not your fault. We'll just blame Todd for it all. What a dumbass."

She giggled, "Yeah, but you gotta love him."

"I suppose," he teased back and grinned. She flushed, grinning and giggling nervously.

Clasping her hand, Ben gave it an affectionate squeeze and Liz said nothing,but held onto it as though her life depended on it. What if this was horrible? What if it was fabulous?! Just as her brain started to fizzle into a meltdown, the ride took off and she was bumped closer to his side.

Liz was probably just as jumpy as the first go round, now just because of other reasons, as she tried to focus on the ride. Something tickled the back of her neck and she jerked, huddling close to Ben who slung an arm around her and chuckled. "Whoa there. We've been through it already!"

"Yeah, but I was so pissed at Todd I wasn't worried about everything else. That, and Tammy had me pressed so close I should have been sitting on her lap."

"Can't say I blame her." Ben teased and watched with amusement as Liz turned another shade of red. "So easy to get you to blush."

She elbowed him in the ribs and laughed. "Shut up."

They bumped and teased, falling back into the old buddy routine until finally they reached the point both had reserved feelings about. Liz's big eyes met the big man's baby blues, "Make it count," she sighed,"but whatever we do, promise things won't change."

Ben gave a slight jerky nod and slid his hand to the base of her spine just as they were thrown into pitch blackness. Liz held her breath, tense to the point of almost trembling. His fingers caught the edge of her shirt and slid under to caress her soft skin, making her gasp just as his mouth closed over her own.

Pleasure tingled down Liz's spine and made her insides quiver. While there was a distinct difference in Ben's touch compared to Todd, it was still pleasurable. For a moment she hesitated, but found herself winding her arms around him, tilting her head more fully as their tongues met. She moaned softly and toyed with the soft hairs at the nape of his neck which was short and fuzzy, as his tongue stroked against her own in a sensual caress.

With the taste of him filling her senses, Liz's nipples tightened painfully and she leaned into his body, feeling his long fingers trail up her bare spine under her t-shirt. She shivered and nipped at his bottom lip, sucking it between her own and then letting go onto to dive in for another kiss.

Her mind was acutely aware of his touch, shifting as he slid his hands up and arm, making a bee line for her bra clad breasts. She tensed as he cupped one and squeezed the fullness in his hand. "MMph!" She mumbled, squirming as her nipple grazed his palm. Breaking off, she sucked in a breath. "Wow, cowboy...I think we're good." Her voice wavered as his fingers tweaked the hard little peak playfully and then slid down her sides, eliciting a giggle.

Ben lightly tickled Liz's sides, very aware of what he was doing. When they had started this little encounter, he had decided to just go for it. If it was going to be anything more than weird and uncomfortable, he thought that giving in to the feelings, rather than the thoughts, made sense. The problem was that it had felt too good that way, and he found himself getting too into it. This wasn't love, but it sure was fun, and he had thought about the prospect for alongtime. That was dangerous, and Liz seemed to be heading down that path too. When he had felt her up and she put on the brakes, it was a good thing, though parts of him wished otherwise.

"Sorry, babe. Got carried away for a sec," Ben whispered.

"Shhhhh, s'ok" was Liz's only reply as she nibbled Ben's right ear. He groaned and moved his hands to her hips, cupping them and squeezing. Liz kissed downward before landing on the right side of Ben's neck. The delightful pressure and suction nearly drove him crazy. His erection surged. This was going to be both the longest, and shortest three minutes in recent memory.

Having found her inner seductress, Liz was finding it fun making someone else squirm for once. Still, this was new ground they were trekking. His moan made her smile and she eased off the suction, not wanting to leave a mark and instead continued to nibble on his neck, tracing his jaw and then finally going back for his mouth.

He didn't disappoint as she dropped her hands to his lap, dangerously close to the heat of his erection. Ben gasped into her mouth as Liz rubbed a slow circled against his thigh and moaned. God, how many times had she thought of this? The fantasies, the tingling feelings and now her mind was awash with thoughts ofbothboys.

She let out a soft whimper, the image of her curvy warm body sandwiched between the two hunks impossibly erotic.

Ben was getting more turned on by the second, which was maddening since he wasn't sure how to proceed now. He had backed off on the gas, but Liz had responded by mashing on the accelerator again. She had arched her body into him even harder, now, and was almost in his lap. Ben ran his hands up the sides of her body, lingering at the swells of her breasts, before begrudgingly moving them.

The thought of Mary crossed his mind, as Liz did a little trick with her tongue that reminded him of his fiance. That brief movement quickly turned into a different move that didn't feel the same, but sure felt good. Todd was going to be a lucky, lucky man. The wagon lurched as someone on the other side moved. Liz lost her balance and Ben reached to steady her. The problem now was in doing so, his hands were fully on her breasts and that shewasnow fully in his lap. Ben moaned at the delicious friction, and there was no way that Liz wouldn't know the effect she was having on him, now.

Fantasies started supplanting caution and guilt.Damn, it.Ben thought.Where are those lights, and do I want them to come on?

Liz squirmed against Ben's lap, not quite believing that this was happening. Never in a million years could she have imagined this. Then again, she hadn't thought that her and Todd would be anything more than buddies, either.

Her mouth slid away from his, as his hands cupped her breasts once again, his erection very evident against her bottom. Well at least Mary was lucky as well, Ben definitely had a good package.

She turned her face to the side, unable to see a damn thing and breathed against his ear, slowing things down as he squeezed her breasts and enjoyed the caress of her lips against his neck. She sighed softly and pressed into his hands. her eyes tried to focus in the dark and caught a glimmer of light.

"Ride's up big boy." She whispered, "Time to be good again."

"Aww mom, do I have to?" Ben groaned, as he slid Liz off of his lap as the tractor light and actors' torches lit the forest again. He put his arm around her, and looked around at the other passengers, wondering who had an idea of what had just been going on. A high school boy gave him a thumbs up, so at least someone had.


The tractor started up again, and Ben felt a pang of guilt and indecision. He wasn't sure what to do or say just yet, and tried to gather his thoughts as he looked up across the pasture at the midway. He felt Liz's hand clasp his, and he turned to look at her. She was staring at him expectantly.

"So," he started, "that was... different."

Liz giggled and blushed for what seemed like the millionth time that night,

Ben continued. "I know you wanted things to stay the same and not change. Have they?"

"Truth?" Liz asked pensively.

"That usually works best, " Ben replied. "I can go first if you want."

Liz breathed deeply, causing Ben to look away from her cleavage. "I'd appreciate that," she said.

"Well, my honest answer is I don't know yet. That was intense. More so than I intended, and I can't say I'm sorry about that. I'm madly in love with Mary. Todd's the brother I never had. Neither of those things have changed, but is it wrong to wonder why the hell you and I didn't do that a lot sooner?"

Liz looked up at him. "If it is, then we're both wrong."

Ben chuckled. "Well that helps a little, and I'm glad we have a few minutes before I have to freaking stand up. There's a lot of Ginger behind that Mary Ann facade. OK, your turn."

Liz laughed at his open honesty, loving it all the more. With Ben, he pretty much said it as he felt it. It was one trait that had always appealed to her. "It's a little embarrassing. This has all been so crazy and overwhelming with the girls..." She trailed off, clearing her throat as she squeezed her hands together. "I never thoughtanyof this would happen. I just want everyone to be happy. You're like a brother to me..." She wrinkled her nose as she said those words and made a face, "Well, okay...maybe not a brother, especially not after this. But you're a very good friend. I think this," she motioned between the two of them, "the attraction and curiosity was mostly just not knowing and wanting to find out."


Pressing her now cool hands to her hot cheeks, she grinned. "I know you love Mary and I know I love Todd, but damn that was hot." Liz giggled, "But, I think we both know we'll just chalk this up to a fun little experience. Now I just have more fuel for my fantasies," she teased and tipped her head back to laugh at his expression.

Strangely enough, she did feel a little better after all of this. Sticking out her hand, she clasped his bigger one. "Still friends?"

"Absolutely."

"Good. Now you need to think of old ladies in showers and cool your jets before you give Mary a hug."

Ben chuckled, "Maybe I like old ladies. Could be my hidden kink."

Liz faked a gag and giggled, tipping forward slightly as they shared a good laugh, and the ridefinallycame to a stop.

***

"Y'all are back again, already?" drawled the big-haired, gravelly voiced mistress of the concession stand.

"Yes ma'am, Mabel," Todd replied. "I missed you so much, I made the excuse to get more funnel cakes so I could come back and talk to you."

"Now I see how you managed to land this fine mess of girls you've got tagging along with you, pretty boy," Mabel cackled. "You'd better watch it though, son. That sexy mouth of yours might get you in trouble. You still paying for Blondie there?"

Todd frowned. "I guess so, but I thought our stuff was free."

Mabel laughed. "Just the last round, hun. You think powdered sugar and peanut oil grows on trees?"

Todd pondered. "Do they? No, I think peanuts grow in the ground. Not so sure about the sugar.."

"Get out of the way and let me order before your brain overheats," Hollie interjected. "And I'm not letting you get off cheap. You still owe me."

"Again with the owing? Jeez, you girls are killing me" Todd complained. "What else do you want me to pay for?"

'We'll think of something," Mary said, taking Hollie's place at the counter as the little blonde finished ordering. "Two funnel cakes and a hot chocolate, please."

"And put her order on my tab," Tammy added. "Her man is otherwise indisposed."

Mabel laughed. "Shoulda warned him. He should have shared that footlong, rather than keeping it to himself."

Tammy and Hollie burst into raucous laughter. "Oh, he may be doing that as we speak," Hollie choked out through the bouts of the giggles.