Morena and the Matriarch Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Take her away. Sedate her if necessary. Now, back to your testimony, Major."

The Major concluded with her opinion that based on the evidence available, there was nothing to indicate that Mistress Alyssa was hoarding prime breeding stock in contravention to the established laws, rules and regulations. Morena and Alyssa heaved a joint sigh of relief.

The President added that she had seen Deanne in the presence of Mistress Tara at or about the time that Tara would have had her meeting with the Matriarch. Taking a poll of the committee, to a person they agreed that a recommendation for a full investigation was warranted. They were less ready to indict the Matriarch directly of conspiracy.

"There is another witness which the Committee should hear," the President told them. "However, due to the very sensitive position in which she works, it will be necessary that the rest of the witnesses be excused before we hear her testimony."

"Mistresses and Major, the Committee appreciates your time, thoughtfulness and candor in regards to this delicate matter. Major, I hope you will understand that I will still need to treat you as a hostile witness. You will be escorted back to your room under guard. I really do hope you find the accommodations comfortable."

"They are, Madame President," the Major replied simply.

"Mistresses... you may do as you please. If you would like to hang around for awhile to find out how the Council disposes of your complaint, feel free to continue to use the accommodations we have provided. I am sure that you will be recalled if the entire Council votes to proceed with charges."

"Thank you, Madame President," Morena answered. "I believe we will take you up on your offer of hospitality and return to the room where out belongings are."

An escort was secured and Morena and Alyssa started back to their room. On the way, Alyssa's Procurer senses caught a flurry of movement in one of the alcoves they were passing. She couldn't be certain, but for a moment she thought she saw the woman who was always hanging around the Matriarch, in the background, being unobtrusive like a secretary.

When they reached their room, Morena turned to Alyssa and told her, "we probably have until tomorrow before the Council hears the Committee's recommendation. At the earliest, they would hear it late this afternoon. So, when in Capitol, do what the Citizens do... go shopping! I am going shopping and I am offering to take you with, my treat!"

"Shopping?" Alyssa iterated, a little bewildered.

"Yes, shopping," Morena smiled. "You know... wander through shops, look for things you want, haggle on the price, buy it or not, take it home with you -- presuming you bought it. You know... shopping."

"Um, Morena..." Alyssa hesitated. "I can't think of anything I need..."

"Not need," Morena corrected her. "Want. I intend to look at clothes and jewelry on one end and farm equipment on the other, and pretty much everything in between. Maybe even a sporting goods store. Around here, a body pistol is starting to sound like a very good idea."

"Um... well, okay, I guess," Alyssa agreed. She wasn't big on shopping and she definitely wasn't big on wandering around the oppressive, congested, overpopulated City. But she wasn't about to turn down her benefactress at this point.

* * * * * * * * * *

Alyssa was sitting with Morena in The Wheel and Axle, one of six restaurants around the City commemorating the six simple machines. In this case, it was a revolving restaurant atop a spire near the center of the City so that it revolved as one ate, affording a view over the entire city.

She was seriously questioning the sanity of the people who designed and built shit like this. But Morena liked it and the food was excellent, so she wasn't going to complain. She did notice, though, that the farther you moved from the center of the City, the more it started to resemble a rabbit warren. Not something that was particularly appealing.

She was just wishing that Morena would finish paying the bill so they could go back to the room.

"Excuse me, Mistress Morena?" Their server had returned with Morena's change.

"Yes?" Morena asked, accepting it and starting to count out a tip.

"Mistress, there is a notice posted that you are to be notified that there is a message waiting for you at Council Headquarters," the server told her. "You can use our white courtesy phone if you want to pick it up from here. It seems like a fairly high priority, Mistress."

"Thank you," Morena told her. "I'll use it on the way out. I appreciate the notice." She dropped an extra bill on the table and Alyssa had to wonder if she was just plain used to over-tipping.

They headed for the exit and Morena did stop and use the phone handed to her by the hostess. She dialed a number, identified herself to whomever answered and listened to the message. She hung up, turned to Alyssa and quietly said, "let's get the hell out of here."

Alyssa was confused but she wasn't about to argue. She followed along as Morena expertly and quickly made her way back to the Council's residential complex. When they got there, Morena locked the door behind them and started packing.

"What the fuck is going on?" Alyssa demanded, now starting to get concerned.

"The lid's blown off the fucking teapot," Morena told her. "The Council has indicted the Matriarch on charges of High Treason and they are on their way to arrest her. Some fucking idiot ignored the 'Classified' on the Committee's report and by now the whole world knows that you, me, the Major and of all people, the Matriarch's Chamberlain are the testifying witnesses. Warrants have also been issued for Tara and Deanne, and other possible accomplices within the Matriarch's staff. We need to get out of here!"

"Can you finish packing our shit? I need to go find Madame President and get her help getting the fuck out of here. And I don't want to discuss it over the phone."

Alyssa nodded. "Where do I meet you?" she asked.

Morena looked around for a moment, then picked up one of her fancy necklaces with turquoise beads. She broke it and poured the beads into her hand, then stuffed them in her pocket.

"Breadcrumbs," she told Alyssa, handing her one of the beads. "Just in case."