Morning Ritual Ch. 01

Story Info
Morning coffee meeting turns into so much more.
8.7k words
4.73
38.4k
33
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

HI Readers,

A new story that I've been working on for some time. I hope you like it as I do plan on writing more chapters for these two characters.

As is my usual - please vote and any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Happy Reading!!

RCC

——————————————

Every morning before work I like to go into the local coffee shop - and no, not Starbucks - and get my morning fix. The baristas are always pleasant and it actually gets a lot of traffic due to the location downtown and the never ending need of the working force for caffeine. I am no different. Every morning I stop in, get my cup to go and if there's time, sit for a moment to enjoy the first sips. And every morning he's there. Tall and slender with short gray hair and beard, dressed sharply in a nice suit and tie.

It's raining this particular morning, and as soon as he walks in he wipes his glasses on a cloth from his pocket. Shaking his head a bit to get off the drops of rain, he stands in line and checks his phone. I love how he smiles at everyone and always takes the time to speak to whomever is serving him. I watch from my seat across the shop as he tips generously and takes his large coffee to the stand with the cream and sugar. With his profile to me, I take him in as he stirs his cream into his cup.

This is my morning ritual. He is my morning ritual.

I sip quietly and watch him, wishing I had the courage to walk over and say something. Instead I watch my mystery man grab his drink and walk out. In my mind we're walking out together, hand in hand. In my mind he is mine and I am his.

Sighing at my own thoughts, I get up and make my way out the door. The rain is coming down harder now and I have to stop outside underneath the awning to gather my things and prep for my now very wet walk to work. As I'm shuffling things around and stuffing my phone into my purse, I hear a voice next to me.

"Didn't think it would rain this hard today."

I'm still fumbling but manage to glance up. It's HIM. He too, has found sanctuary under the awning as the rain pours down around us. The streets are busy with cars and buses, everyone in a hurry to get to work. When his eyes reach mine I instantly blush. Commotion down the way distracts us both as we watch someone fighting the rain and wind with their now broken umbrella.

"Amateur. Obviously not from around here," I joke, looking back at him.

His smile leaves me stunned, though I've seen it before, this is the first one directed at me. I blush again as I know I'm staring and now very concerned that my mouth might be gaping open. Feeling like a love-struck teenager, I take a cleansing breath and gather myself.

"They said possible light showers on the news this morning, but this? Even for Seattle, this is not light!" We both laugh at this and I notice that he's moved closer to me.

"You work nearby?" he asks, his voice deep, gravelly.

My body betrays me again as I react instantly. Good god how I want to hear that voice whispering dirty things in my ear. I snap out of my thoughts as he stares at me, waiting for my reply.

"Yes, just around the corner and up a few blocks. There's a Starbucks on every corner, but I prefer this place. You?"

"I'm right around the corner here," he nods in the direction he needs to go. "Do you plan to stay here until it lets up?"

"If I do, will you stay too?" I reply before I can think.

OH. MY. FUCK! What did I just say? Am I flirting with him? My mind is reeling, I'm more embarrassed than ever. He eyes me up and down and meets my gaze again with a heated look.

"I have a meeting this morning at 9, but if you plan on staying here, then they can wait."

I can't help but smile at him, he's charming and handsome. He's my guy, though he doesn't know that, and he's flirting back...I think/hope/want.

The rain is starting to let up so inevitably it's time to go. I know I'll see him tomorrow, but this moment, us chatting, may not. I'm almost sad as I turn to say goodbye.

"It's been...fun. Standing here with you, escaping...the rain."

I'm stammering and inwardly kicking myself. Great, I've reverted back to my awkward 16 year old self.

"I'm Ava," I hold out my cold hand to him.

"John," he replies with a smile, taking my hand.

His hands are big and warm and envelope mine.

"See you tomorrow, at the usual time then," he turns to leave. "Have a nice day, Ava."

Before I can reply, he's gone. The usual time?! He noticed me? My mind is going a million miles a second and I'm frozen under the awning. I can't hear the hustle and bustle of the city anymore, I can only hear his words and the beating of my heart.

I finally make it into my office just after 9am. John's in his meeting, wonder if he's thinking of me. I shake my head at myself and I blush. Thank God no one else can hear what I'm thinking. My day seems to drag on and by lunch I'm itching to get outside. The rain has let up and I want to walk around. And as much as I keep telling myself it's for exercise and to enjoy the day, I know it's because I'm hoping he might be out and about too.

I wander the streets of Seattle, busy with the lunch time crowd. I like to lose myself within the hordes, but today I'm aware of the people passing me. I spend my lunch strolling through the city and head back to the office. Though I knew the chances were slim to see him, I arrived back at the officeand began counting the minutes to five o'clock. My day drags on and finally I am on my way home. It felt like the longest day, but I know it's because I can't wait until the next morning.

****

As my alarm chimes at 6am I've never been so excited to get up. I quickly brush through my hair and put on makeup. Picking out my favorite black pencil skirt, ankle boots and grey sweater I am out the door early.

I arrive at the coffee shop and my heart is racing already. I quickly scan the line ahead of me but don't see him. I'm earlier than I usually show up but still felt the tinge of disappointment. The nice barista makes my drink and I head to my table in the corner. My phone chimes and I'm scanning over an email when I approach the table and see feet. Looking up I almost yell out in shock to see John sitting there, waiting. For me. I don't know how I missed him.

"Good morning, Ava. You look beautiful as always," his words shock me and I blush.

Damn it! I need to get that shit under control. Clearing my throat because I'm suddenly hoarse, I smile.

"Good morning to you too. Love the suit, always do."

He motions to the chair opposite him and I sit down, setting down my coffee and purse on the floor.

"So..." we both say at the same time.

His laughter is warm and I can feel it as he takes a sip from his drink.

"I think I'll just come out and say it," he starts, looking into my eyes. "Seeing you every morning has become the best part of my day."

I laughed lightly at his comment, blushing profusely I'm sure.

"Is that right?" I asked playfully.

"Yes, it is. And I happen to think you quite enjoy seeing me as well." He joked back.

"Umm, well...a little eye candy to go with my coffee does start my day off right, I can't deny that."

John's laugh was deep and true. His smile was brilliant and his blue eyes sparkled. His hand came over and settled atop of mine on the table. His long fingers stroked against my wrist. Our laughter died down and we sat together, his hand over mine, sipping our coffee. We made small talk about the coffee, the weather, and other little things. After a bit, I saw him glance at his watch as he drank quickly and set his empty cup down.

"Shit, I have a meeting in fifteen, I really need to get going," his voice agitated as he was gathering up his things.

I started to do the same, noting I was probably late by now but unlike him, I couldn't care less. As we stood up to leave, he reached out and took my hand again.

"I'm sorry to cut this short. I really wanted to stay and talk. What about lunch? Are you free? My office?"

"It's okay, really. But just so you know, I wanted to stay, too. Yes, okay, lunch." I paused, realizing I had no idea where his office was. "Oh, uh, where exactly do you work?"

He laughed again and took out his card.

"All my details. Let's say noon? If that doesn't work or you change your mind, just email or call. I can always look forward to tomorrow."

"Noon works, I'll be there." I said with a smile.

We walked out to the busy morning hustle. His phone was ringing by the time we made it to the corner to part ways. He answered tersely, and grabbed my hand as I turned to walk away. He was mid-conversation with whomever was on the phone, but pulled it back to lean into my ear.

"Thank you for this morning. I'll see you later," he whispered into my ear.

A shiver ran through my body at the touch of his breath on my skin. I felt my body tremble and warm. There was no denying he had an effect on me. He pulled away and smiled again, though this time his eyes were a bit darker. His soft lips brushed my cheek before he let go and returned to his call.

I could still hear his voice in my ear as I walked to my office. Lunch could not come soon enough as I sat and went through the endless stream of emails. The morning, which usually seems to fly by, was now suddenly moving at a snail's pace. My mind was everywhere but where I was, drifting back to the feel of his fingers stroking my wrist, his smile, his laugh. When I saw it was a quarter to twelve, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Grabbing my purse I headed out the door, my heart racing and a smile on my face.

When I got to his office building I was beginning to feel nervous. I had no idea what this lunch would entail, if anything at all beyond a nice meal and chat. At the same time, I was hoping for so much more, my body was aching for it. Walking past the security desk, I headed to the elevator banks and waited amongst the other people. I pressed the top floor as others pressed their destinations. As we ascended, I moved to the back as more and more people exited on the lower floors. When it finally opened on the top floor, I was the only one left inside.

Stepping out, I made my way to the reception desk, my boots clicking loudly on the marble floor. The receptionist was a beautiful young woman, her headphone constantly lighting up as the calls came through. After a moment, she asked my name and gave me quick instructions to John's office. Apparently she was advised I would be coming in. I made my way down the hall, passing numerous offices and a few people chatting. When I reached his office, I knocked lightly.

"Come in!" His voice boomed from behind the heavy wood door.

Taking one last calming breath, I opened the door and walked in. John sat behind a large desk, floor to ceiling windows dominated two walls. He was on the phone and held up a finger indicating he needed one more minute, his smile radiant. I wandered over to the window closest to me, taking in the picturesque views of the city. Everything was bustling and I knew it was noisy, but it was so quiet up there in his corner office. John quickly wrapped up his phone call and walked over to me.

"Ava, I'm so sorry about that. Some clients can't take a hint," he joked.

"It's no problem, I was just admiring the view. This is quite the corner office, John."

"Strange, as I was finishing up that call I was admiring the view too," he said.

He leaned in and brushed a kiss against my cheek. I smiled, and blushed (of course), turning to look at him. His jacket was off, sleeves of his white shirt rolled up to his elbows. The collar of his shirt was unbuttoned now, his tie discarded.

"So, what do you do? I mean, I get that this is a law firm and all, but what kind of law do you practice? I'm assuming you're a partner since you have these killer digs." I laughed as I asked.

The question itself seemed so ridiculous, but I had no idea. All I knew was this was his very nice office in a very nice law firm at the top of one of the biggest towers in the city. But other than that, I had no idea. Granted, I could have googled him or looked into his company, but I figured I'd rather hear it from the source. Something about searching for someone's information prior to asking feels a bit...too much. John smiled his thousand watt smile and replied.

"Yes this is a law firm, and yes, I am a partner. I deal with corporate law, negotiations and all of that boring shit. Blah, blah, it's all boring. Trust me." He laughed before continuing. "Are you hungry? I had food delivered, it should be here shortly."

I nodded and couldn't contain the smile on my face. I appreciated his bluntness and honesty. I don't know much about law, or corporations for that matter. So I'm glad he didn't go into a whole lot of detail.

"Come sit, I want to hear all about you," he said, motioning to the conference table on the opposite side of his office.

I took a seat, setting my bag on the chair beside me. I couldn't take my eyes off him or the view behind him. My eyes kept darting back and forth. A few times he caught my eye and I could feel the blush of my cheeks. His eyes sparkled as if he had a secret. We stayed locked for a moment, but a knock on the door broke the tension.

"Ah, food's here! Come on in Stacey."

The receptionist opened the door carrying two large paper bags. Setting them on the table, she retreated for a minute only to return with two glasses and two large bottles of water.

"Thanks Stacey, we're good to go." John stood, opening the bags. "I took the liberty of ordering from Wild Ginger. A few different things for us to share. I hope you don't mind."

Taking a plate and chopsticks, I stood to help him lay out the small take out boxes.

"I love Wild Ginger, and thank you. A Subway sandwich would have been just as good," I said.

"You're so full of shit, Ava." He joked, laughing again.

"OK OK, it wouldn't have been as good, but I would have been just fine with it. How about that?" I replied, a smirk on my face.

"Better. Much better. Now sit, eat."

We sat together making our plates, pouring water into our cups and settling in. The silence was comfortable as we took our first few bites, enjoying the food and the company.

"So what do you do, Ava? I know you work downtown and that you like good coffee that's not from the evil empire. You work downtown." He paused, taking a sip of water. "Your laugh is amazing and your smile lights up a room. You're fucking beautiful. But other than that..."

I almost spit my food out at his last statements. They caught me completely off guard, though I was flattered. Beyond flattered.

"What else matters after hearing that?" I smiled at him, laughing. "I think we've covered everything."

Ben smiled and laughed as he kept eating.

"Ok, let's see - I'm 34 years old, I work for one of the local breweries in the shipping department. I've been doing that for about 10 years now. It's not very exciting, unless you're a fan of craft beer then it can be, but I am not. I am in the logistics department. I arrange all the deliveries to restaurants, stores, bars, domestically and overseas. I like what I do, I'm good at what I do. There are a whopping 11 people including the CEO in our company and she is amazing. Treats us like family. I love it. I've lived in Seattle since High School, Chicago and New Jersey before that. I'm single, love dogs, hate cats...I love sports - football the most, but I try to follow a little of everything. I have tattoos, I love to color my hair, I smoke (trying to quit), not really a drinker, though I do enjoy an occasional glass of wine. So yeah; that's basically me. Your turn - and go!"

I returned to the amazing spread and made another plate. Ben did the same, pausing to check his phone before he started.

"Hmmm...I like hearing about you and would love to hear more, but okay, my turn. I'm 64 years old, I'm a partner at a law firm - because you didn't know that already." He laughed lightly.

"I've been in this longer than you've been alive." We both laughed at that.

"I love what I do, I'm good at it too. There are 60 people in this office, plus myself and two other partners. I'd like to think my employees are as happy as you are at your work. I've lived in Seattle all my life. I'm single, amicable divorce years ago. I love dogs, cats are okay. Sports yes, but I like college ball more than professional. No tattoos, I don't color my hair, I don't smoke, but I do drink. I think I got it all, right?"

"Wait. WAIT. You don't enjoy professional sports - but you're from Seattle?! UM, have you heard of the Seahawks?!" I couldn't contain myself. I am diehard - bleed blue and green and all that shit.

"I know, I know...shameful, right?" He winked at me.

"I'm not sure I can stay any longer. Suddenly I feel like I don't even know you." I mocked disgust.

Ben reached out and took my hand, his fingers grazing my wrist again. Instantly I felt the burning desire begin to grow inside of me. My heart started to race at the contact and I never wanted him to let go.

"That's too bad..." He said looking into my eyes, his tone heavier, his eyes darker. "And here I was thinking we were getting along so well. What if I took it back and said I was a huge Hawks fan and that I loved watching them, never missed a game?"

"Keep going..." I teased.

"They're the only team that matters and I'd love to watch any and every game with you." He leaned in towards me, his eyes moving from my mouth to my eyes and back again.

"Much better." I said, leaning in closer to him, turning my hand so our fingers intertwined.

John's other hand reached up to cup my cheek, gently pushing my hair back behind my ear.

"I'm going to kiss you now...I've been waiting too long..." he whispered, leaning in.

I couldn't even reply, just barely gave him a nod. His kiss was soft, tentative. Like a first hello. His lips pressed gently against mine for a moment and then he pulled back to look at me. We smiled and he leaned in and kissed me again. This one lasted longer, our lips pressed together then releasing, his mouth nipping at my lips, then pressing in fully again.

After a few minutes, I felt his right hand release mine and cup my cheek, his left hand was pushed back into my hair as he held me close. His mouth opened just slightly and I felt his tongue trace between my lips. I moaned lightly at the contact, my body leaning in towards him as I opened my mouth. Our tongues mingled softly, caressing one another. Everything was increasing with intensity, I could feel his hand gripping my hair tighter and I couldn't help but move to the edge of my chair, our knees touching as I reached for his neck to hold him. My fingers danced across his collar, brushing the soft skin hidden beneath. I felt him shudder at the contact and he groaned against my mouth.

RING! RING!

The phone on his desk sounded shrill in the quiet of the office. Our breathing had been the only other sounds. I startled as we broke apart, my lips missing his as he pulled away. He rested his forehead against mine, taking a deep breath.

"Fucking phone..." he grumbled, sitting back and running his hands over his face.

"Mr. Wood?" a voice through his intercom filled the room. "Mr. Wood, it's your 130pm appointment on the line. They're early and about to arrive."

John groaned again and looked at me, then at his watch, then back to me.

"Well...that was...Fuck, I want to kiss you again," he said, staring into my eyes.

I was practically panting, that kiss still flowing through my mind and body. I never wanted to stop, and knowing that he didn't want to either, well that made it all the more hot. I took a moment to collect myself, smoothing my hair.

"I want to kiss you again too. Fucking phone..." I said, smiling at him. "What is this, your office or something? Don't they know you're not available?"