Mountain Magic Revisted

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Cat, god you're amazing. So beautiful", Jesse whispered between soft kisses.

"I love you with all my soul", Cat responded. "All my heart", Jesse echoed.

Cat reached behind her back and undid the clasp of the bra that had never made it off her body. She reached down and pulled of the silver stilettos one by one, letting them fall to the floor. Then Cat curled up beside Jesse, her arm flung across Jesse's abdomen, her thigh tucked between Jesse's long legs. Jesse curled her arm around Cat's shoulder, and they both fell asleep, secure in the love of a woman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The buzzing noise roused Cat from a deep dreamless sleep. She fluttered her hand against Jesse's leg."Mmmm" Cat muttered. "Jess...Jess...it's Saturday. Turn off the alarm." Cat said sleepily.

Jess sat up, blinking groggily. "It's not the alarm. It's my phone."

"Well turn it off." Cat said grumbling. Jess got up out of bed, and Cat moaned a protest at the loss of the woman's body heat. A quick glance at the bedside table revealed what Cat's internal clock already knew. It was early. Pre-dawn early. She flopped back down into the bed, snuggling into the warm spot Jesse had left behind.

"Yeah?" Jesse snapped into the phone. "Yes, this is Jesse Cunningham. Who's this? Who?! What...?" Jesse's voice trailed off as she listened to the other end.

Cat glanced up, concerned about the alarmed tone in Jesse's voice. She saw the color drain out of the woman's face. "How? When? How?" Jesse yelled. Cat sat up in the bed. Bad news, for sure. She watched the emotions play across Jesse's face, terrified at what was being said on the other end. "Yes, yes...I'll be right there". Jesse hung up the phone, and turned empty eyes to Cat.

'Jess....Jesse", Cat said with alarm. "What is it? Who was that?" Jesse didn't answer, just stared at Cat with a dawning horror spreading across her face.

"Jesse!! What happened?!?" Cat yelled, scrambling across the bed to grab the taller woman by the shoulders. "Tell me!"

"The gallery...." Jesse whispered, so low that Cat had to lean in closer to catch it. "The gallery..."

"The gallery? What about the gallery?" Cat asked.

"Gone", was all Jesse said, her green eyes closing over a private hell.

"Jesse! C'mon tell me!! Snap out of it!" Cat shook Jesse's shoulders. "JESSE!" Finally the panic in Cat's voice must have gotten through, because Jesse opened her eyes and stared bleakly at Cat.

"Oh my god. Cat....There's been a fire. The gallery is gone. It's all gone." Jesse said in a dead voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was like a nightmare. The flashing lights, the smell of wet smoke and sodden ash, the firefighters walking back and forth, to and fro on unknown firefighter duties. Cat and Jesse stood on the other side of the street, clinging to one another, looking at the heap of burnt wood and charred cinder that was all that was left of the gallery. Cat felt numb, and looked over at Jesse to see tears silently coursing down the woman's face.

For the rest of her life, Cat knew she would be haunted by the sight of the sun rising on the smoldering ashes of their dreams.

"Miss Cunningham?" Cat looked over to see a middle-aged man walking across the street. He looked tired, and saddened by the destruction around him. Cat tilted her head towards Jesse, indicating that she was the one to talk to. Simultaneously, she jogged Jesse's elbow to bring her attention to the man in front of them.

"Miss Cunningham?" the man asked again. Jesse nodded. "Hello there. I'm Detective Larson. I'm sorry to meet you under these circumstances." He held out a smudged sooty hand, and Jesse shook it numbly.

"And you are?" Detective Landers asked, opening up his notebook as he looked at Cat.

"Caterina Richardson", Cat replied. "I'm the artist that shows here".

"I've heard of you", he said. "Great work. Was all your stuff inside?" Cat nodded gravely. "So sorry." Cat just accepted that with another nod.

"Wait a sec", Jesse interrupted. "Detective?? Shouldn't I be talking to a Fire Chief or something?"

"Normally yes", Larson agreed. "However, in cases of suspected arson, the police get involved."

"ARSON!?!" Cat and Jesse yelled together.

"What do you mean, arson?" Cat demanded, while Jesse was saying "Who the hell wants to burn down my gallery?"

"Yes arson. I'm sorry to be the one to have to break it to you, but we suspect foul play at work here. We found traces of an accelerant in the remains of the building. We think the fire was set deliberately." Detective Larson's words fell on disbelieving ears.

Cat's mind raced, while Jesse just shook her head from side to side.

Detective Larson continued "Do either of you have any idea who might have done this?"

"YES!" Cat cried. Jesse turned to Cat with a raised eyebrow.

"Cat, really? I honestly don't think Kate would be capable of this" Jesse said.

"Kate who?" asked the detective.

Cat ignored him, looking at Jesse intently. "Oh yes she is Jess. Trust me. I know I don't know her, and I only met her last night, but that bitch is evil. And pissed off at you. And royally pissed off at me. I know she did this. Your gallery, a year's worth of my work...think about it! Kate got us both in one fell swoop!"

"C'mon Cat, how can you know that?" Jess scoffed.

"Kate WHO?" the detective asked a bit more urgently.

Cat sighed. She hated explaining these gut feelings she had. "Jess...remember when we first met?" Jesse nodded. "Remember how well I pegged your personality, your thoughts, your...self?" Again, Jesse nodded. "I pegged Kate last night too. I'm not psychic or anything, but trust me, Kate is more than capable of going this far".

"Cat..." Jess began, then stopped. Finally she nodded. "I believe you. You have a clearer picture of Kate, since my head is all muddled with the past, and Kate and I have too much history for me to be partial."

"KATE WHO?!?!, Larson yelled.

Cat jumped, finally remembering the detective beside them. "Look, I'm gonna walk down the street and grab us some coffee. Jesse, you tell Mr. Larson here all about Kate".

Jesse gave Cat a quick, fierce kiss. "Hurry right back, you hear?" Jesse said urgently. Cat nodded, and walked up the street to the coffee shop.

Hours later, they were both back home, flaked out on the couch and staring blankly at the wall. They had showered to removed the smell of smoke from their bodies and hair, and now neither one of them had the energy to do much else than talk.

Jesse received a phone call from the insurance company, and made an appointment to meet with the adjuster. Then another call from Detective Larson to confirm the arson, asking a few follow up questions about Kate, and informing them that he had been unable to locate the suspect so far.

Afterwards, they drank too much wine, discussed Kate, and argued over whether she did or did not do it. They worried over the future, and kept obsessing over the fire and their ruined dreams again and again until they were too tired to do anything but sleep.

The next morning, feeling clearer of head and lighter of spirit, Cat made breakfast for her and Jesse. They sat on the balcony and enjoyed the pancakes in the watery light of an uncertain sunrise. They didn't talk too much, but constantly exchanged soft loving glances throughout the meal.

Afterwards, they went to the living room to stretch out on the couch and cuddle. They sat side by side, Jesse's arm snug around Cat's shoulder. Cat leaned deeper into Jesse's arms, loving the strength and comfort she found there.

"Cat...I can't believe all your beautiful paintings are gone." Jesse said sadly. "Those are irreplaceable!"

Cat shook her head. "No, I can always paint more. I've still got the pictures in my mind. I will be able to produce if not exact copies, at least more paintings in the same vein and just as good."

Jesse shrugged. "I suppose the insurance will cover the gallery, and I can always build again, or take that money and buy a new bigger building."

Suddenly, Cat laughed. Jesse looked at her like she was crazy. "I know you don't like pessimism and all, but I fail to see the humor in this, Cat".

"Oh god, Jesse, don't you see?" Cat said, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "Kate has accomplished nothing but to give us some minor headaches. Sure, my paintings are gone and that sucks. Your building is gone, and that sucks. But we can get it all back! However Kate has gotten herself into so much fucking hot water!!! I can repaint, you can rebuild, and she gets to be somebody's bitch in prison!!" Cat doubled over with mirth, picturing the hoity-toity Miss Kate on her hands and knees in jail servicing the Prison Mamas one after the other.

Jesse burst out laughing, her green eyes wide with the realization that Kate has fucked herself more than anything. The two lovers clung to each other on the couch, howling with glee, tears of laughter and relief streaming down their faces.

Jesse sobered, and holding Cat's face between her palms said "What would I do without your wonderful optimism and positivity in my life?"

Cat pondered the question seriously. "Curl up in a little ball and die??"

"Oh!" Jesse screeched. She reached over and began tickling Cat in the sensitive crease of the hip, making Cat scream with the sensations. "Apologize!!"

"Never!" Cat hollered between yelps of laughter, twisting her body to get away from Jesse's poking fingers.

Cat fell back on the sofa, still trying to get away, her hips bucking and bouncing on the cushions. Jesse fell over on top of her, managing to manacle both of Cat's hands in one of her larger ones, keeping one hand free to torture the brunette mercilessly.

"Uncle! Uncle!" Cat cried breathlessly, unable to take any more.

Jesse stilled her hand, splaying it over Cat's abdomen as she looked down at Cat's flushed face. Cat's chest was heaving as she tried to catch her breath. She looked up at Jesse, and felt the mood change between them like quicksilver. What had been lighthearted and fun a moment ago had morphed into deep desire. Jesse was still holding Cat's hands above her head, and though before it was nothing more than an expedient to help Jesse's tickle attack, now it was reminiscent of bondage for quite another reason. Cat watched as the look of merriment slid off of Jesse's face, and an expression of craving dawned in her green eyes.

Cat returned the smoky gaze, pressing her body up more firmly into Jesse's. Jesse responded by slowly sliding her hand lower down Cat's belly, until she encountered Cat's warm center. Holding Cat's eyes with her own, Jesse cupped her hand, holding Cat intimately through her thin pajama pants. Cat moaned softly.

Jesse stood up, and helping Cat up with one hand, led the smaller woman back into the bedroom. The sunlight streamed softly through the curtains, giving the room a golden glow. They undressed, watching each other through eyes full of love. Cat lowered herself gently onto the bed, opening her arms to invite her lover to join her.

Jesse did so, laying the full length of her long body against Cat's soft skin. Slowly Jesse began kissing Cat, her lips pressing softly to push Cat's apart. Jesse then slid her tongue into Cat's mouth silkily, stroking the length of her tongue. Cat stroked back in return, entering Jesse's mouth fully. Their tongues tangled back and forth, a slow dance of twists and thrusts.

Cat fingers were dancing across the skin of Jesse's back, and she felt the shivers and goose bumps raising on the redhead's skin. Cat slid her hands up under Jesse's shoulders, holding the red hair in her fists and pulling Jesse even closer.

Jesse shifted her weight off to the side, allowing her to slide her hand up to Cat's face. She stroked the brunette's soft cheek while kissing her, opening her eyes to look into Cat's. They kissed deeply, looking into one another's eyes while their tongues and hands explored. Cat lost herself in Jesse's eyes, watching them darken with desire; changing from a soft moss to a deeper forest green. The love and wonder was evident in Jesse's face, and Cat was amazed that they had found each other, had found such a beautiful resonance together.

Jesse lifted her mouth off of Cat's lips, kissing a path across her face and down to her neck. Cat kissed Jesse's neck as well, licking and suckling at any spot that caught her interest.

Jesse slid both hands up into Cat's thick hair, whispering softly in the woman's ear "god Cat...do you have any idea how much I love you? Can you feel how much I need you?"

"Yes, my love. I feel everything in you." Cat responded on a sigh. "All that I am is yours, my love. I ask only for all of you in return."

"I am all yours, my beauty. Heart and soul", Jesse said.

Jesse continued kissing Cat's neck, sliding down lower until she could reach the brunette's full breasts. She paid homage to each one, hefting their weight in her hands, her green eyes closed in pleasure as she suckled gently on Cat's nipples. Cat clasped Jesse's head to her chest, allowing the lean woman free reign over her body.

Jesse sat up on her knees, and with one last soft kiss, pivoted and faced Cat's feet. Cat, understanding what Jesse wanted, scooted over slightly and spread her legs apart, bending her knees up and apart.

Jesse swung one leg over Cat, settling her face down into the juncture of Cat's thighs. At the same time, the redhead lowered her own hips directly over Cat's face. Cat reached up and slid her arms around Jesse hips, guiding the woman down into the correct position.

As the two women settled into a slow 69, Cat moaned in perfect ecstasy. Sixty-nine with Jesse was unlike anything Cat had ever felt before. This was one of their favorite positions. As much as both of them loved eating out the other, and getting pleasure from giving pleasure, 69 allowed them to feel both sides of the same coin simultaneously.

Cat moaned as Jesse's tongue swirled and licked at her pussy. Cat imitated Jesse's motions with her own tongue, feeling and hearing Jesse's groans of pleasure. The women sucked and licked, their slick bodies moving slow and languid. Hands slid over the back of trembling thighs, over smooth asses. If Cat increased her speed or pressure, Jesse did the same. If Cat switched from sucking Jesse's clit to licking, or back again, she quickly felt the same sensations on her own clit. Their needs and desires were so closely linked that Jesse knew what Cat wanted and vice versa; Jesse followed

Cat's lead so quickly that it seemed at times that Cat's tongue was connected to her own pussy.

The sublime ecstasy of giving and receiving the most delectable pussy-licking took both women to a state of ultimate pleasure. Lost in an erotic haze, they spent a long time enjoying each other's sweet snatch. Getting to the finish line was not the goal; the point became total and complete enjoyment and pleasure.

Inarticulate moans and soft words mumbled against wet slick lips. Gentle thrusts and soft circles. Swirling tongues on throbbing, pulsing clits. As Cat began to fly apart with an orgasm, she felt Jesse beginning to come as well. The women hung onto to their partners' thighs, anchoring themselves in the flight of ecstasy, as well as holding the other down to ensure maximum pleasure. Orgasm after orgasm flowed between the two women, their individual pleasure fed fully by the other. Like a see-saw they tottered back and forth, up and down, first one then other, again and again. The waves went on and on, crashing against them like a slow current.

As their simultaneous multiple orgasms subsided, they continued to lap at one another's hot pussy, licking up all the come they could find. Cat suckled softly on Jesse's outer lips, even as Jesse was sucking hers. Oh god, how Cat loved a good 69.

Jesse finally lifted her head and swung her trembling body off of Cat. They lay facing one another, the smell of sex and woman deep in their noses. Cat draped her arm over Jesse's waist, sliding in as close as possible to the redhead, swinging her leg up over Jesse's thigh. Jesse pulled Cat in, kissing her soft once again; flavors of their pleasure mixing in their mouths again. Cat closed her eyes, letting her body and mind drift off in the afterglow. Jesse's eyes closed as well, though she kept her lips lightly against Cat's. Within minutes, Jesse was asleep; her mouth still softly pressed against Cat's warm lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cat couldn't fall asleep after the glorious love-making, though her body was languid and heavy with satisfaction. The problem was in her mind. It seemed like too much emotion was running around in her head, like a hamster on a wheel. Cat decided that perhaps painting would settle her nerves.

Cat set her easel up in the spare room she used as her studio, and addressed the blank canvas in front of her. Images of the mountains swirled in her inner eye, and Cat began sorting through the images, trying to select which one to capture. But the images wouldn't coalesce right. Instead they morphed into images of mountains on fire. Cat shook her head, knowing that there was just too much inside right now to quiet down and paint correctly.

She left a note for Jesse, telling her that she had gone for a walk. Grabbing her coat on the way out the door, Cat set off down the street towards the small park at the end of the road. As she walked, she tried to sort through the mass of emotion inside to make some sense of it all.

Anger. Okay, Cat was angry. That was natural. Kate had certainly done enough to deserve Cat's anger.

Sadness for the loss of her paintings.

Grief for Jesse's pain.

Love for Jesse.

Pride for Jesse, knowing that her new-and-improved gallery would be the best ever; knowing the woman would work her people hard, and herself even harder to prove to the world that you couldn't stop Jesse Cunningham.

Pride for herself, knowing she wouldn't let anything get her down; nor would she let Jesse work hard alone.

Determination for both of them, knowing they could survive this and be stronger for it. Like a phoenix from the ashes. How apropos.

Unease...Caution.

Unease? Where had that come from? Cat tried to grasp a hold of the faint feeling of wrongness in her mind. Though Cat would insist to everyone that she had no latent psychic ability, Cat secretly thought perhaps she did. Actual mind-reading psychic-ness, no; but for sure a certain emotional empathy for those she was close to physically and emotionally. Cat had the ability to pick up on emotion, strong emotions. Perhaps she just read people very well. Whatever it was, it had never served Cat wrong before. And now it was telling her something was very...off.

Cat turned around to look behind her, but saw nothing out of the ordinary. It was the middle of the day, on a not-quite-busy not-quite-deserted street. There were a few people here and there, but no crowds, and no suspicious guys stalking her, waiting to mug her.

Looking ahead of her again, Cat saw nothing worth the alarm in mind. But that alarm was there nonetheless.

About 50 yards ahead of Cat, a car door opened. Cat's gaze zeroed in on that door, knowing this was where the feeling of wrongness was coming from.

Kate climbed out of the gray sedan, and stood there shooting daggers at Cat. Cat felt sure if looks could kill, she'd be six feet under by now. Kate began stalking up the road towards Cat, leaving the car door hanging open. Cat could hear the car bonging at Kate, a gentle reminder to shut the door.

Righteous wrath surged through Cat. This woman had tried to burn her and Jesse's life to the ground. Kate was guilty of that arson, and Cat was suddenly mad enough to spit nails. Cat began striding faster towards the blonde woman with the light of revenge in her eyes. In Cat's mind's eye, she saw this as the Clash of the Titans...two wildly enraged women coming to crashing blows over the love of the century.