Moving On: Alexia Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

"The fight was bound to happen, but at least this way, we had some control over the outcome. Kwame will recover, and I'm sure Deacon and Declan's desire for vengeance has been satisfied." Lakota stated. "I'm worried about Boaz. He has yet to confront this young man. We both know how he feels about his baby girl."

Levin nodded. "We need to see him."

Lakota agreed. Meanwhile, Ryelle was in the room with Kwame. He was sleeping. He knew that he'd be fine. Despite the fact he lost the match and was outranked, he held his own against two strong betas. Ryelle sat beside his bed. Kwame was the next male to leave Jackson in a few months. Ryelle sighed. He knew the pups grew up and had to live their lives, but letting go never got any easier. He thought of his son, a teenager now. Akeemo would want to spread his own wings soon.

Ryelle sighed when he was covered in love. His mate, his brothers, his entire pack connected to him. He sighed and stood. Tomorrow, he and Thomas would go home. Kwame would begin a new chapter in his life.

Ryelle thought of the young lady and her pup. That pup had already stolen his heart. He wanted to really talk with her before leaving. He was standing there when she walked in. "I'm sorry, Alpha Ryelle. I can wait." Alexia apologized. She had just learned that Kwame would be all right and needed to see him.

"Alexia, please. I've wanted to meet speak with you for a while now. It's OK, come in, sit. Thank you for giving me this moment." Ryelle offered, pulling a chair for her.

Both looked at Kwame as he slept. Ryelle had to say something. "I apologize for the actions of my pack member. Kwame is one of the best young men I know. What he has done is egregious, but he is really a decent person."

Alexia listened. She and Kwame talked earlier. She already knew. She could also tell that his alpha was very upset. "Alpha Ryelle, it's ok. Kwame and I talked and we will work through this. What happened was not any of our faults. And you sir are not to blame for any of it." Alexia surmised.

Ryelle smiled. Kwame's mate was beautiful, compassionate, and loving. He was a lucky young wolf. He hoped that one day, Kwame would bring her home to meet his family.

"Alexia, you are an amazing young woman. Take care of him for me, and make sure he brings you home to meet the family." Ryelle added as he embraced her. Kwame moaned, and they both focused on him.

*****

Margaret was home. She wanted to check on Lexi and Bo. Her heart was troubled, and she needed to make sure they were all right. Her thoughts drifted to Kwame. She was worried about the dark male that lost the match, but despite losing he held his own. She decided to just go the Bo's apartment when someone knocked.

"Madam Alpha, Mrs. Valdemore is here and wishes to speak with you?" One of the wolves informed her.

Margaret walked out to find Francine and Lacy waiting. She smiled and hugged both women immediately.

"Lacy needed to see Alexia and we were hoping now was a good time." Francine explained.

Margaret smiled, "Of course, she's at the infirmary. Let me call her."

"Wait, is it the baby? Are they OK?" Lacy asked concerned.

"No, Kwame just fought two betas and he's recovering." Margaret explained.

Lacy looked confused. "Who's Kwame?" she asked.

"I'll let Alexia explain." Then the three walked over to find Alexia sitting surrounded by wolves.

She looked up and squealed. "Lacy" The two women embraced.

*****

Katrina was ticked off. She could not get near her daughter. Then she smiled. If she could not get to Lacy, then she needed to make Lacy come to her. What was her weakness. The male!

Unfortunately for Katrina, Randall was not home. As she fumed, someone joined her.

"You crazy bitch. I'm marked for destruction because of you." A disembodied voice declared.

Katrina sighed, "Sri, you were the idiot that had to have an accomplice. All you had to do was hurt Lacy. Why you went after the other girl is on you."

Sri appeared. The vampires want to destroy me. "I'm demon, but Blako has left me to my own devices. I want to know what you're planning to do next."

Katrina fumed. "I don't know. I just know I hate her. From the moment she was born, it's always been about Lacy. Even now, they protect Lacy. No one protected me. No one cared that I was forced and had to marry the man that I never wanted."

Sri laughed, "Katrina, you were a slut. You claim he forced you. He never touched you when you were unwilling. The truth of the matter is Lacy is not even his daughter. He never knew that though. You have no idea who her father is, and that's why you hate her. His brother took her home and did not doubt that she was his brother's child. That burns you up. Why didn't you just kill her like you did your husband? It doesn't matter. You're dead if you keep fucking with that girl. Hell, you're dead anyway. You were warned. Bye Katrina. I'll see you in hell." He stated as he prepared to vanish. "Either way, we're both screwed, so we might as well take some people with us."

Katrina looked at him. "I hate you." She hissed. She truly hated Sri. He made fun of her and took great pleasure in reminding her of what others thought of her.

"Ha, so does everyone else." Sri sighed. Katrina's days were numbered. He wondered if she would be taking her daughter with her. It didn't matter, because he would not stick around to find out. "She's in Shreveport. She went to see her friend." Sri then vanished.

Katrina smiled. She knew what she had to do. If she could not hurt Lacy directly, then she'd destroy her friend. It was time to spy on a wolf pack.

*****

Sri was in hiding. He was a marked demon, but figured if he lay low a few centuries, all would blow over. He decided to leave and relocate to another region. But, he was not aware that this move was exactly what many of his enemies were waiting for.

Arriving in a new city was exhilarating for the rambunctious demon. Let me see what mischief I can get into.

Sri entered and everyone went mute. He felt a chill down his spine. "Sri, you disappoint me. Out of all demon kind, I thought you knew better." A melodic voice spoke.

"Arc, why are you here. I have no quarrel with you." Sri explained.

"You are marked. The Creator has sanctioned your demise. Surrender, or you will be destroyed for all eternity." Arc explained.

Sri stood toe to toe with the angel. He was defeated and he knew it, but he would not go down without causing as much havoc as he could.

"Tell me, Angel, you want to protect the puny humans, right? If you try to take me, I promise to destroy as many of these pathetic creatures as I can. You're ticked off because of one vampire bitch. She will be the least of his worries if you come for me." Sri hissed.

Arc smiled, this was what he wanted. It had been almost a millennia since he was sanctioned to punish a demon, and he was long overdue for the challenge.

"Do it! Please try. It'll give me even more pleasure when you face your demise." Arc whispered.

Sri laughed and like he promised, he targeted a young girl. She collapsed in pain, but Arc was ready. He already had others in place, as they rushed to her, he grabbed Sri. Sri fought, when Arc whispered the one phrase that paralyzed angels and demons alike. Sri knew he was done, but he was not going out alone. "She will still make the girl suffer. She hates her." He hissed.

Arc sighed, "He will let the vampires know that you have ceased to exist. The vampires will deal with their own." The two vanished.

Sri awoke, deep in the pits of hell, screaming. This was the last place he wanted to be.

Arc returned to the heavens. He faced the maker of all. "The demon is vanquished, father." He stated.

The Maker of All smiled, "Thank you, go now." He dismissed his fiercest warrior. He looked down at Randallem. He was no longer in danger. He and the girls were safe from the demon now. Now, he had a few months left to determine his true fate. Either he'd remain and marry the vampire, or he'd be restored to his heavenly plane. He sighed. He already knew what Randallem would chose, and he understood completely.

Unfortunately, he would not interfere with the situation. The vampires had to choose to deny or accept him on their own. He had one more task. He needed them to know Sri no longer existed on this realm. He watched Dermic. Dermic was in deep conversation with another vampire. The maker of all smiled,My creatures are so impossible at times. One day, they will realize who I truly am.

Dermic and Gernick Ivanov talked. Sri left the continent and seemed to have vanished. As they talked, Blako summoned them.

"What you requested has been done. Sri no longer walks amongst us." Blako explained.

Dermic was furious. "You think you can vanquish him and that makes up for what he did. He destroyed her. He took from her and he should face us."

Blako sighed. These creatures tired him. He'd had enough. Blako roared. It was a roar so powerful, so loud that sound vanished. When he stopped, both Gernick and Dermic were shaken to their core. for the first time in centuries the to men experiences true fear.

"You have what you wished, vampires. He is gone. He will never bother you or yours again. Let me say this, if you or any of your kind crosses my path again, your lives are forfeit. You've cost me enough and I'm done with you. Stay away from me." Blako hissed, and both Dermic and Gernick shook.

Blako vanished, and the air became cold and still. Both men were silent. Both men remained silent. Finally, Dermic spoke. "Thank you Gernick. You faced the wrath the demon with me and I want you to know anytime you need me I'm there."

Gernick looked. "Sri exist no more. Lacy is safe."

Dermic nodded. "She's safe from the demon, now I must deal with Katrina."

Gernick nodded. "If you need me, I'm here." If his friend needed him, then he was staying right here.

*****

Katrina arrived in Shreveport. She knew where her next victim resided. Unfortunately, Wildwood was a fortress.

Lacy and Alexia took a few minutes to talk.

"Alexia, he's the guy that raped you. How can you be here, and so worried about him?" Lacy asked, confused.

Alexia smiled, "Kwame messed up, but since he realized what he did, he has not once tried to blame anyone else. He's a decent guy, and I'm not angry at him. Lacy he fought two wolves for me. He held his own. They could have killed him."

Lacy stopped. "He survived. He's going to be okay, right."

Alexia nodded. The baby kicked. He was moving around so much lately. Whenever Kwame was around, he became even more excited until Kwame spoke. His voice calmed the baby down.

Lacy stopped. "They allowed wolves to fight him. Was that fair, he's not a wolf?" She asked.

Alexia sighed, "Yes he is and so is Keon."

Lacy froze. She scented her friend. Alexia was not a wolf. "Wait, you're human?"

Alexia laughed, "Sure, but blood bonds with over half the pack can alter your DNA."

Lacy stopped. "This guy Kwame, he's more than just the father of your baby isn't he."

Alexia sighed, "I don't know. Since he came here, I feel safe, protected. I don't feel so alone. When he speaks to me, it's like a part of me knows everything will be alright now. He doubts himself. He wonders how he can protect us, but he can. This morning, when Deacon and Declan came at him, all I wanted was to protect him from them. Yet he stood between me and two aggressive males to keep me safe. It's something about him Lacy, something special." Alexia sighed.

Lacy was silent. She knew exactly how she felt. She had someone she felt the exact same way about.

"Randall was an angel." Lacy whispered.

"Wait? What?" Alexia asked stunned. "What do you mean was?"

"He gave up his immortality to be with me. I really care about him, but Uncle Dermic won't agree to allowing... Well, let's just say, he is against cross mating." Lacy surmised.

Alexia was silent. "Do you love him?"

Lacy sighed, "I don't know. I like being with him. He makes me laugh. He is the most amazing creature I've ever met. If I woke tomorrow and he was gone, I'd have no reason to want to be here anymore. My worst fear is losing him, yet I fear trying to hold him to close and pushing him away. When he smiles I smile, laughs, I laugh. Even now, I miss him so much it's almost a living, breathing entity."

Alexia understood. She felt the same way about Kwame.

"Lacy we are a pair. I'm so glad you came to see me today." Alexia hugged her friend.

Lacy sighed, "I can't stay long, but I had to see you and make sure you are alright."

Alexia nodded. "Go home and tell Randall hello from me." Lacy agreed. Soon she and Francine returned home.

Lacy and Alexia walked back to Kwame's room. Kwame was sleeping, and Lacy vanished back to the alpha home. Francine was waiting and the two women returned home.

*****

Meanwhile, Katrina had finally maneuvered her way into the pack lands. She managed to secure a nurse's uniform and sneak into the hospital. She had to find out where Alexia was staying so she could poison her. Katrina smiled. The poor girl would not know what hit her. Katrina looked at the patient log and decided to just walk around. She smiled gleefully when she saw Alexia walking back into a patient's room. This was her chance. Taking out her prefilled syringe of nerve gas, she stalked Kwame's door. There were too many nurses around; she needed them to leave so she could strike. Katrina was patient, if she was anything. She knew this was her golden opportunity and was not about to blow it. Soon, no one was around. Katrina walked to Kwame's door and entered. It was time to make her move. She had one goal, find the human bitch and force Lacy to come protect her friend. Alexia returned to the medical center and sat at Kwame's side.

Kwame awoke. "Alexia, I thought I heard your voice. You should be home resting." He whispered.

"Nope, I'm right where I want to be." Alexia replied.

Kwame started to speak when a nurse entered. "You have to go. He needs rest."

Alexia frowned, something was off here. She had never seen this woman before. Kwame's reaction concerned her, he was actually growling. "Excuse me, who are you?"

The nurse smiled, "Your worst nightmare." She stabbed Alexia with a needle and vanished. Kwame "Vampire!" screamed for help.

People rushed in as Alexia lay on the floor unresponsive. Their main concern now was Alexia and the baby. She was rushed to a room. Lakota and Margaret rushed over, and Kwame described the nurse.

No one knew her. She disappeared in thin air. Meanwhile, Katrina waited. She knew the vampires would come. Once Lacy learned of her friend's injury, she was sure to arrive. She waited. Gernick was notified and he knew something was not right. He appeared in and listened to the description. Katrina. He called Dermic.

She harmed a human. She harmed a human that never did anything to her. Dermic alerted Francine who decided to not inform Lacy. She suspected Katrina was waiting for the girl to arrive to see her friend. She had other plans. Someone would pop in to check on Alexia, but for Katrina it was not who she was waiting on.

Alexia was unconscious, and the baby was being monitored. The needle was sent to the lab to identify what was in it. Kwame left his room and was in the waiting room near Alexia worried sick. Bo came in. He and Kwame had not met at this point because Bo was so busy helping Lexi.

Lakota and Margaret greeted Bo.

"Bo, she's being treated. The baby is fine, so far. They are checking to see what she was injected with." Lakota explained.

Bo shoved the wall and stalked the waiting area. He stopped before the window and watched the nurses working to make sure his daughter was comfortable. "This is the second time someone hurt has my daughter. It can't happen again, Lakota. I gotta protect them."

Kwame waited. He knew Alexia's father referred to him. "Mr. Thompson, I'm sssor...?" Boaz faced him.

"You, I will deal with later. First, I need to make sure my daughter will be ok." Boaz hissed.

He sat and waited. He had to leave Lexi with a caretaker. She cried for him not to go, but this time Alexia needed him more. Bo closed his eyes. It was too much. They both needed him but he wasn't able to care for both. He had to agree to the change.

Bo sat. His chest hurt. Lately, the pain was constant. He knew he needed to see someone, but Lexi needed him. Besides, he couldn't worry Alexia. With the baby coming, she had enough on her plate. Tia walked in and she noticed. Bo didn't look right. Something was wrong. Kneeling before him she touched his skin. He felt clammy.

"Bo, look at me." She ordered.

She looked in his eyes. She knew. No wasting a moment, she called for a cart. Bo started to protest when he collapsed. He was rushed back, and coded. Margaret froze. Alexia was unconscious, and now something terrible had happened to Bo. He could leave them. Tia administered CPR as the doctors came in and took over. She wasn't leaving Bo's side. Alpha Levin ordered her out. Tia was banned as the doctors worked on Bo. His heart stopped, and it seemed that they could not get it beating again. Time froze. Margaret did the only thing she could, crying uncontrollably, she fell to her knees and prayed. Soon the doctor came out. He knew the wolves here counted Boaz as family.

"We were able to revive his heart, but there is a lot of damage." The doctor looked around. "He can recover, but it won't be easy. He may need a transplant. If he doesn't get one, he won't be with us long." He explained.

Lakota asked, "Would changing him save him?" he asked.

The doctor looked forlorn. "Alpha, his heart is so damaged, that right now, he won't survive the change."

Lakota paused. "If he heals, can he survive it?" The alpha asked. Losing Bo was not acceptable to him.

The doctor looked sad. "If his muscle strengthens, changing him could work." The doctor sighed, "But I'm not 100 percent certain."

"But there is a chance, right?" Lakota asked.

The doctor nodded. "Yes, there is a chance."

Kwame cried silent tears. He knew what these people were going through. Years ago, he held the one woman that was a mother to him in his arms as she parted this life. Nothing would ever erase that pain. He had to be there for Alexia. She was the only thing that mattered to him. She would need him now more than ever. Lakota and Margaret shared a look. "We need to tell Lexi." Tia whispered.

Lakota was frozen. He kissed his mate and whispered, "Go, bring her here if you can." Margaret and Tia left.

Lexi felt cold. The last time she felt this cold was when her parents left her for good. Something was wrong with Bo, and she was trapped. She was trapped in her mind and could not wake up. Every time she tried to speak, words that did not make sense came out. She needed Bo. She needed him with her.

"How is she?" Tia asked her caregiver.

"Not good. She keeps regressing. Nothing is helping. When will Mr. Bo be back? He's the only one that can reach her when she's like this." The young woman stated.

Margaret broke. She could no longer hold her tears. Love, it will be alright. We'll get through this. Lakota sent.

Kwame didn't move. He was not budging. Soon, one of the nurses that was with Alexia came out. He rushed to her. "Her vitals are good. She's stable." She explained. Alexia was still unconscious.

Dermic arrived at the hospital to speak with Levin. He wanted to arrange for Lacy to come see Alexia. Levin refused, but Dermic assured him there would be guards present. Katrina smiled, Soon, daughter mine. I will get my just desserts she smiled evilly.

*****

The next morning, a visitor vanished into the hospital. She was headed straight to Alexia's room. Katrina knew who she was immediately. She smiled and acted. Appearing behind her, she moved to stab the girl with a needle, only to have her arm snatched and pinned behind her back as she stared at the face of the one woman that warned her years ago to never return.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers