Moving On: Alexia Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Francine did not say a word. She grabbed Katrina and they vanished. Kwame awoke. Something had happened.

Francine took Katrina to a field for which she was familiar from years before. "You took his life here. It's fitting that yours ends here as well." Francine stated.

Katrina was ready to fight. "You stupid bitch, you fight for a girl that is not even your husband's blood. My dear husband was a simpleton. Lacy is not his daughter. She is not your kin." Katrina jeered.

Francine smiled. "You think that matters, Katrina. She is ours and you will never bother her again." With these final words, Francine attacked.

Katrina was crafty. She hated Francine. Francine poisoned her daughter against her. She was the reason that she could not get near Lacy.

Katrina fought. With a fury she'd never felt, she may die, but Francine Valdemore would not walk away unscathed. Scratching, biting, hitting, Katrina fought. With one swift kick, Francine leveled her. Katrina hopped up and knew that it was time. Someone would die. Either she was going or Francine, but they both would not leave this field alive. It was then that Francine unsheathed her blade. Katrina knew, It was over. One swing, one swipe and Katrina's head separated from her body. Her body dropped with a thud and the threat to Lacy existed no more.

Francine dropped to her knees and screamed. This woman, this bitch, tried to take Lacy from them. She tried to take her. Soon, she calmed and knew she needed to return home. Appearing in her husband's study, Dermic was instantly alert. Francine was bruised, bloody, and he could tell she'd been through hell. He moved to her when she held up her hand to stop him. Dermic paused.

"I need time." Francine whispered and quickly moved to their private quarters. Dermic drank a brandy, waiting for her to return. She did.

*****

At the medical center, Kwame abdicated his bed for a chair beside Alexia. Alexia woke up. Kwame rushed to her side. "Alexia, you're going to be ok." He whispered.

"Kwame?" Alexia whispered, and he knew. Something was wrong. She hurt.

A nurse entered and Doctor Jee was called immediately. He examined her and immediately called for her to be moved. "Alexia, the baby is in distress. We have to deliver him now. It'll be ok." They rushed her to delivery.

Alexia cried. Her baby, her Keon, had to be alright. Kwame never left her side. The nurses ordered him to go out. He wouldn't let go of Alexia. He wasn't leaving. Dr. Jee faced him. "You can stay, but you need to dress first." Within minutes, Kwame joined them in delivery wearing ugly, green, scrubs. He held Alexia's hand as the doctors delivered their son.

Soon, Dr. Jee announced that the baby was out. Their son had a soft cry. "Please, let me see him." Alexia begged and the babe was placed in her arms. Kwame cried as he saw his son for the first time. Moving swiftly, the nurse took him and rushed him to the neonatal unit.

Alexia was moved to recovery. She was placed on medications to clear the remnants of what Katrina injected her with. She looked around. Her father had not come to see her. She felt cold. Something was wrong. Daddy would have come to her by now. Kwame knew something. The way he avoided looking directly at her, told her so. "Alexia, how are you feeling?" he asked. Please don't ask about your family. He prayed.

"Kwame, why hasn't anyone been by to check on me? Something's wrong?" Alexia observed. Kwame couldn't answer. He tried to think of something when someone knocked.

A nurse came in and brought the baby. He needed to be fed. For a few moments, Alexia forgot about her questions as she nursed her son. She looked deep into his chocolate brown eyes and knew she would never love anyone as deeply as she loved this little boy. She lifted him and inhaled his sweet scent. She held her son close. Kwame cleared his throat and asked to hold him. Alexia gently place Keon in the arms of his father.

Then she asked again, "Why hasn't daddy come to see me, Kwame? Has something happened to him?"

Like clockwork, Deacon and Declan walked in. "Hey Lexia, we came by earlier and saw Keon. You did good girl. Look at this guy. He is one good looking little dude." Deacon added admiring the baby as Kwame held him close.

Declan chimed in, "I'm his Godfather, right. You guys have to pick me." Deacon laughed and shoved his brother, playfully. But Alexia wasn't buying their everything is good routine. She knew they were hiding something.

"Dee and Clan, where's my dad? Where's Aunt Tia? Aunt Margaret?" Alexia asked. The twins shared a look. "Listen Lexia, Uncle Bo is stable right now. He should be ok." Deacon explained.

Alexia took a deep breath. "What do you mean he's stable? What happened to daddy? Is Momma safe?" She asked becoming frantic. Keon began to fret. Kwame lifted him, and whispered to him to calm him.

Deacon and Declan shared a look. Kwame waited. The three men looked at each other. Kwame spoke. "He's in the hospital. Last night, his heart stopped. They revived him, but he's in ICU right now. Your Aunt and Madam Alpha are with your Mom. She's at ICU with him."

Alexia became upset. "Daddy, daddy had a heart attack. What? Oh my God!, Momma. Momma can't handle this. Kwame, is Daddy gonna die? I can't lose my father." She cried.

Deacon and Declan tried to calm her. The baby cried. Kwame rocked him gently while trying to soothe both him and his mother. Nurses rushed in and soon she was sedated. Kwame held Keon close. The nurse ordered Deacon and Declan from the room. A nursery nurse came and took the baby from Kwame. All three men stood in the waiting area.

Deacon and Declan faced Kwame. "She's our blood Kwame. Bo and Lexi are like second parents to us. I wish we could fix this. Listen, I know we haven't been the most welcoming, but right now let us help you. We can't do much, but if you need anything, call us, ok." Deacon whispered.

Kwame was silent. "All I can do is be here for her. I'm not leaving. She's mine, And I will die to protect her."

Deacon and Declan nodded. Alexia was claimed, and to be honest, they were happy that Kwame was her mate. They never had to worry about her as far as he was concerned. "Come on, let's check on her father." Kwame suggested. The three men walked over to the ICU unit. Tia hugged both of nher sons and told the three that for right nw Bo was stable. Kwame nodded, then he saw her. She sat beside Madam Alpha, so quiet, so still, and he knew instantly who she was. Alexia's mom!.

"Madam Alpha, Ma'am, how are you all holding up?" Kwame asked.

Margaret looked at him. "Oh Kwame, thank goodness you're here? How's Alexia. Is she alright? Is the baby, ok?" Margaret truly concerned.

"She is sleeping now. They delivered the baby early this morning, he's fine, he's healthy. I held him for a while then a nurse took him back to the nursery." Kwame answered.

"Wait, Alexia had the baby. Where is she? I need to see my baby. She's OK?" Lexi asked.

Kwame froze. "Yes ma'am, she's fine. She's resting now."

Lexi looked at him. "It's your baby. You're the father?" She asked.

Kwame nodded. "Yes ma'am. I am."

"You hurt my baby? You forced her." Lexi stated. Kwame sat. At Jackson, you respected your elders. They deserved reverence. Alexia's mother was wise, and whatever she decided to do to him, he'd let her.

Lexi frowned and then she slapped him. Kwame did not react. He simply took it. Tia grabbed Alexia and Deacon moved to Kwame. Kwame dropped his head. "I'm sorry. What I did was wrong. One day, maybe you can forgive me." He whispered.

Lexi froze. There was something about him, something deferent. She forgave him instantly. "I can't take care of them. She will need help. Bo took care of us and now... Bo is leaving us. I can't take care of them." She mumbled. Margaret took her hand. Tia hugged her, but they feared she'd black out again.

It was then that Kwame took both of her hands and began to hum. He hummed an old song, one taught to him by the elders of his pack. When the memories became to vivid to raw, the music calmed their souls. He hummed. She reminded him of Ms. Nancy. Ms. Nancy came to them decade ago, and when he was found after his parents died , she took him in. She raised him and a few years ago when she parted this life, she was the only mother he knew. He held her as she left and hummed for her, it calmed her. Lexi moved into his embrace and he held her and hummed and old spiritual. Lexi calmed. And the voices stopped. She could fight them. This young man helped her fight them. Bo needed her to fight them. She had to stay here. She sat with Kwame right beside her. Margaret and Tia were stunned. No one could reach Lexi when she got into this state except Bo.

"Love my daughter. She deserves to be loved." Lexi whispered.

Kwame smiled, "I already do. More than she will ever know."

Margaret and Tia watched, amazed. Lexi calmed down and the nurse told them they could sit with Bo for a few minutes. Lexi went inside. Kwame waited. When she came out, she wanted see the baby and to visit Alexia. The four walked over to the nursery and then to Alexia's room. Lexi watched her daughter sleep. "I have to be here for her."

Alexia woke and smiled when she saw her Mom. They hugged. "Momma, have you seen the baby? Have you met Keon?" She asked.

Lexi laughed, "Yes, Kwame walked with me to the nursery earlier. He is perfect Alexia."

"How's daddy?" Alexia asked.

Lexi grew sad. "He's leaving us, Alexia. His heart can't take much more. But I will take care of him as best I can, and I will help you with my grandson."

Alexia hugged her mom. "Momma, we'll take care of each other." Kwame watched, and he knew. His family, his new home was here. He had to help Alexia take care of her mother.

*****

Francine sat with her husband. He knew she was hurt. He had no idea what Katrina could have said to her. Francine started to speak when Dermic asked one question, "Is she gone?" Francine nodded. Dermic sighed and drank his brandy.

"Alexia had the baby this morning. Lacy will want to go see her." Francine stated.

Dermic nodded. "I think they should both go. Arrange a car for them." Francine smiled, nodded, and went to share the news with her niece.

The end of Chapter 4

Thank you all for reading. I will write one or two more chapters in this story. Chapter 5 will be completed soon. Please share your thoughts.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers