Moving On Ch. 01

Story Info
Two years and she finally decides to move home.
861 words
3.9
10.1k
2

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 11/27/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A light rain was falling, as Chloe stood by her husband's grave. Though it had been two years, her life simply wasn't moving forward. She felt trapped in that moment, when the troopers came to her home and told her that Mitch had been in an accident. Why did they always start that way? Of course, she asked if he was okay, knowing deep inside he was not but praying she was wrong. No, he died at the scene. She always knew it was a possibility with him driving a truck, hauling fuel, but that didn't make it any more acceptable to her heart and head.

And here it was two years gone by and she still simply existed. It wasn't as though she wasn't willing but it was like everything around her went on as she stood still in time. I think it's time for a change, she thought, as she leaned over and placed a kiss on the headstone.

Two weeks later, Chloe was back in her hometown. After selling everything she owned and renting out the house she and Mitch had owned, she loaded up the car with her clothes and headed home. She rented a nice little house and bought some second-hand furniture. The only thing left to do was put some food in the fridge and cupboards.

Chloe was checking out of the grocery store, when a deep voice behind her said, "Are you still eating that rabbit food, bunny?" Bunny? Someone calling her that could only mean one thing...someone from high school. She turned to look and saw blue eyes; sandy brown hair and definitely a body-builder's physique. Great, she thought, it's been so long since high school...25 years to be exact...and she had no idea who this was.

"Yeah, you know, I don't believe in killing animals for food; guess I never will." She blandly smiled.

"You have no idea who I am, do you?"

She blushed and looked down, "no, not really. I'm guessing it's been a long time and all."

"Jamie...Jamie Flynn"

No way! This was NOT the Jamie she remembered...short, stocky and blonde???

"Wow, it's been so long and you look so different", she said as she was trying hard not to stare at his muscular build and sexy tattoos.

Realizing the cashier was giving her change, she said how nice it was to see him and added a quick goodbye, then left. As she got in the car, she chastised herself for not asking him how he was and maybe getting his number or giving him a chance to get hers. It had been too long since she'd gone out and had fun...and frankly, old friends were the best to do that with. She had all but forgotten how painfully shy she was in high school until now.

The next few weeks were hectic. Chloe had to get her home office set up, touch base with her clients, and update her website. She loved the fact that working from home gave her the freedom to move when the moment had been right.

One night her best friend, Shari called and asked her to go out for a girls' night out with some friends of theirs. Although Chloe was a little apprehensive, she reminded herself that this was all about changing and moving on with her life. She agree to meet her friends at one of the clubs in town.

It had been so long since she'd gone out, she took her time getting ready. An hour later, she stood in front of the mirror assessing the situation. The natural curl to her jet black hair layover her shoulders and halfway down her back; primped and sprayed. She rarely wore makeup and when she did, she preferred a more understated look, focusing on her milk chocolate brown eyes and voluptuous lips. The black skirt and lace top were a nice addition to the pink and black bustier she had on underneath, with her garter belt and black stockings. Not too bad she thought as she grabbed her bag and headed out the door.

The night started with a lot of catching up and drinking. There were stories about the days of partying and old flames. By 11:00 p.m., Chloe was feeling pretty good and laughing more than she had in years. It was good to be home again. As everyone was getting ready to head home to their boyfriends, spouses, and kids, she realized she wasn't quite ready to go home yet. Being in familiar surroundings gave her the confidence to stick around and enjoy the band.

Shortly after the last person had hugged her and stressed how they needed to get together more now that she was home, she heard a deep voice in her ear, "I thought they'd never leave." She turned and found herself looking into those sweet blue eyes of Jamie's again.

"Long time no see, but not as long as before the last time I saw you" she giggled...wow, she thought to herself, how lame does that sound?

"We need to stop waiting so long between meetings", he smiled.

And that's how it all began.....