Mr Computer Cleaner Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No mate. It's going to be the wedding of the year for this town and I want to be part of it. Published photos of me kissing the bride will do wonders for my image."

"Thanks Ronnie. I really mean it."

"The beers, man. I'm due home for dinner in fifteen minutes and then we're going out. You can thank me at the wedding."

Although it was 6:30, well after closing time for most businesses, Dio went to Wayne's Motors to check out Carra's car. Wayne Briggs usually started late and worked late. The 1979 MGB roadster, repainted in its original midnight blue, was just inside the door and Wayne pulled off the dust cover.

Dio whistled. The car looked great.

"Yes, I've been driving it for the last few days and have done one longish trip. It's ready to drive as if it hadn't been off the road for a few years. It can't have been stored too long as the tires weren't perished, but as we agreed I have replaced them with new ones. It's as near as to original condition that I could get without spending recklessly," said Wayne. He'd been Dio's favorite teacher at high school.

"She's back to being a little beauty. You can take her now."

"Nope, let's put the cover back on. You said 10:00 Thursday and Carra's been on a countdown for at least the last ten days. She's pacing herself for the big excited moment. I'll not foreshorten that."

"Gosh, you are a considerate fellow. Not many blokes are like that, you know."

"So I've been told, Wayne. Thanks for the mighty job you've done. Carra and I shall take you and Wendy out to dinner very soon."

"Thank, I'd like that but Jan's replaced Wendy."

"You have them on a conveyor belt; how do you get them so easily?"

"Oh, usually I'm walking along the street and they drive in to park and I say something like 'Nice car or nice parking – pity about the miss in the motor' and they stop in their tracks and say, 'Is that serious?' The husbands or boyfriends can be a bit of a problem though."

Dio walked into the house and a cheery "Hi" came from Carra in the kitchen. They kissed and he was told to freshen up as dinner was almost ready.

"How did the rest of the day go?" he asked.

"Mama called around, she wanted me to go shopping with her."

"Oh, that was nice." He went into the bedroom and spread out on the bed was a new dark blue dress, a matching big blue hat and sunglasses with almost matching blue frames and white high-heeled shoes, gloves and handbag.

"What's all this?" he said, wondering if she was intending to go to the races.

"I told you mama took me shopping. She's given me that complete outfit – she says I really need it. I'm picking my car up in the morning – remember?"

Dio walked into the bathroom muttering.

Houston, this is MG Control Centre in Rimu Street. The crew has everything ready for this momentous even in the history of man's journey along the road of time.

The director of operations, Carmen Fleming, has planned everything down to the finest detail and will be personally in control at the launch centre.

The weather is clear, with only a slight breeze coming from the sou-east. Countdown will begin around 0600 tomorrow with a perfect launch expected shortly about 10:00.

Cannot be more precise than that. Wayne who is in charge of launch mechanics may be telling the aforesaid Carmen that she has a miss in the motor of her personal conveyance.

Dio was in the dinning room opening a bottle of red when Carra came in bearing a chicken roast.

"Who were you talking to in the bathroom?"

"Houston. Damn, I forgot to say over and out."

"Who were you talking to in Houston?"

"Mission control."

"Oh, you're talking nonsense. Pass my wine please. I'm so excited about getting the car tomorrow."

Dio went back into his deep voice:

Mission Control Houston. This is an update from the MG Control Centre in Rimu Street. Our pilot-navigator reports she is excited and ready to go. This is Control Centre – over and out.

"Dio, stop being an idiot. Eat you dinner before it gets cold. This is a lovely wine. What is it?

"MG Red."

"Oh, have we had that before? ... Wait a minute, MG? Oh, you really are behaving like a small boy tonight. You're impossible when you get like this."

Over desert she was happy to hear that Ronnie had agreed to be groomsman. "It is lucky that he is taller than Shauna – she's very tall for a woman, isn't she?"

'Yes' was the obvious reply, so Dio said it, not understanding what the reason for that. Ronnie's partner was the short, plump chick coming from Britain. Tall or not, Shauna was a moaner, although that was not meant to rhyme. He tolerated her for Carra's sake. They went out for a meal with Shauna and her husband Dick every couple of months. The two girls had attended convent together and were best of friends. The tall, thin and freckled-faced Shauna was Carra's hairdresser and owned the saloon, the most popular one in town.

"Mama says the invitations will be ready for posting out on Monday. I'll have to go over after work and help out. We will have dinner over there – either you or Cal can do a barbecue."

"So, the count down is beginning?"

"Yes, two months from tomorrow we shall be Mrs and Mr Wellington," said Carra, her eyes dilating.

TO BE CONTINUED