Mr. Mom Goes Surfing

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maninconn
maninconn
2,105 Followers

"Oh Danny, why didn't you tell me?"

She thought she was saying it to herself. She thought she was alone, just on the outskirts of the light from the party. She should have been able to say it without being overheard.the sounds of the surf in front of her and the party behind her should have easily masked her questioning voice. But Danny was close. He always could sense when she needed him, and that night was no different. She felt his breath on the back of her neck before she heard his voice.

"I tried."

His arms wrapped around her and she recognized when she made her error as clearly as if it were a play staged before her eyes. He was excited when he came home. He lost his job, no, he quit! He couldn't quit! They needed the income! His job was too important. Then she saw how frantic she had been, while he had tried to explain. He had told her. He started a business. He had been investing bonuses for years, and was starting a clothing line. She could see herself dialing her cell like a possessed woman trying to get ahold of her boss. She needed to change her mind on his offer of a promotion...more pay...lots more pay...better benefits...longer hours...travel...she reached him...she took it and she never looked back.

She left Danny. She never cheated, though she had turned down countless offers. She could have slept her way to anything, but she loved Danny. She hated him losing his job...no he quit! Damn it he quit and I never found out why. She squirmed out of his embrace and berated him for lying to her.

"I never lied. I never hid anything. You didn't want to listen. I told you, but you didn't want to hear. So I gave up, and went my merry way. I'd been building the business for years. I owned several small companies, textile mills, clothing factories, a small sporting goods chain, and even a trucking company. When I was able to buy a design firm, I decided it was time to put the pieces together. Did you even notice I never spent any of the money you gave me for running the house. It's all still in the bank, earning interest."

A cheer erupted from the party, and Kelly looked to see what was the cause.

"You won the contract. I asked Angel to announce it to your people while I came to tell you. Congratulations! Your bid was great, especially once you all relaxed."

Scenes of the last years played in her mind, as if racing to be the scene to make sense of it all. She was ashamed.

"I didn't cheat."

She turned to look at her husband, and found herself swimming in the pools of his loving eyes.

"I certainly disrespected you. I talked you down behind your back, then made fun of you to your face. I even did it to the boys. I did things with other men a married wife shouldn't do. I hugged them too closely. I danced too closely. I told secrets. But the only time anyone kissed me on the lips was under the mistletoe, and the closest I got to cheating was on this trip. What are the odds you would be on the same trip, for the same reason, and be on the other side of the table."

Danny smiled and looked out at the rolling surf.

"No coincidence at all. We pitched the account to your firm. We told your boss to have everything ready so we could meet here. So by the time I announced your family vacation without me, I had already booked the trip. I knew you hadn't cheated, and I wanted to win you back on my turf. I also knew you had done things that were wrong, even if not technically cheating sexually. I wanted you to see me like you used to. I wanted us to be "us" again. Last name or not, come home. Be my wife."

Kept looked up at him like she couldn't believe it.

"Come on," he said. "What are you waiting for? It's me only better!"

"Better?"

"Yeah! You can have what all these beach hunnies want! Danny 'Sugar' Cane! Surfing Legend!"

She gave him a playful punch, and grinned.

"No? Ok, how about This. Danny Cane, eternal beach bum?"

She shook her head no.

"Danny Cane, master of the Hawaiian Barbecue?

No again.

"Danny Cane, world's greatest dad?"

She smiled, and stood on her toes to kiss him.

"Danny Cane...world's best Mr. Mom?"

She slugged him again, but kept kissing him.

"Ok, then this time, I'll keep my job."

maninconn
maninconn
2,105 Followers