Mud and Magic Ch. 12

Story Info
Reunions, Goodbyes and a lot of unanswered questions.
26k words
4.84
7.1k
18

Part 10 of the 13 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 05/25/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Notes: As always, heartfelt thanks go out to those who helped me put this mess in order. My lady love for inspiration and criticism, bikoukumori for a quick and painless editing job and my Patrons and beta readers for being awesome!

All participants in sexual activities are considered "adults" in their respective species.

Fair warning: This chapter contains scenes of explicit violence and gore. If you are sensitive to these things, approach the villains' sections with care.

* * * *

Thorn and Alheri entered Chassari's chambers, arms piled high with bales and boxes. Lishaka shook her head. "You know, just because I'm more or less back to my old self doesn't mean I'll be able to teleport that many items. What is this stuff anyway? Don't tell me you'll also bring your playmates along."

The purple-skinned serpent-woman shook her head. "No, Lisha-chan. If I could, I would have brought not only these two, but my sssons as well when first I joined Thurguz. But he was adamant that, to keep up appearancesss, I should behave much like any other ssstudent. And flaunting my wealth would have caused more issues than it might have sssolved." She hissed softly. "But I love to ssspoil my friendsss, therefore we'll be bringing giftsss. And about the weight..." She looked at Thorn. "Did you manage to find one?"

The dark elven sex slave grinned from ear to ear. "Of course. I had to walk all the way to the Foreign Quarter to get it but I did manage to procure a working Portable Hole." He sat the stash of goods he carried onto the floor before pulling a simple, black fabric square from a pocket of his short kimono. He unfurled it and placed it in front of Chassari and returned his attention to the pile of items he and the purring, white-furred feline had brought. "I think we got the whole list."

"Let'sss see it then," Chassari ordered, rubbing her hands.

"Sure. First, a beautiful no-dachi made by none other the fabled master smith Benki-san. Shark leather hilt wrap, adamantine tsubo and a gorgeous blade with ice enchantment." Thorn opened a long case, revealing a gleaming, slightly curved long blade on blue velvet.

"For Hilgrun," Chassari said. "I can't wait to sssee her face when she opens it." Nudging Lishaka, she added: "Then she will have no other choice but to bed me."

"Sneaky," Lishaka said with a smirk. "But I stopped complaining ten orgasms or so ago. Good luck." The kneeling goblin eyed the stack of things. "What's next?"

Thorn lowered the sword case into the Portable Hole. The long box simply vanished in the velvety darkness. He picked up another box, this one finely lacquered and decorated with images of naked lovers intertwined. "How about this set of soaps, ointments and creams? Everything to help get in the mood -- and deal with the mess afterwards."

"Did you bring two?" Chassari asked.

The dark elf nodded and grinned. "Sick of sharing?"

"Yesss. Elara can be rather greedy at times. Now she will have her own ssset."

Thorn placed the box -- and its twin -- into the Hole before claiming the next item. "Here's the Everburning Flame you wanted," he said, carefully lowering an iron cylinder into the Hole.

"For Galdor," Chassari explained. "Well done."

Thorn flashed her another cheeky grin. "Spending your money feels really good, mistress."

"Be careful or I'll tessst Idunn's gift on you," Chassari threatened. Thorn paled and dug something from the pile of items. It was the biggest artificial phallus Lishaka had ever seen. The curved thing was masterfully crafted, including a veiny texture and a pronounced bell end. It was made from either bronze or gold.

"That... that thing is bigger than my arm!" the goblin sputtered.

Chassari grinned expansively. "Idunn is... special. She likes big cocks. And since Thurguz has other things on his mind lately than pleasuring his dwarven mistress..." Her eyes sparkled as she watched Thorn squirm.

"I'd love to see that up his butt too, nya," Alheri said, her purr kicking up a notch.

Chassari shook her head and claimed the phallus. "If we get distracted, we might never make it back. Next time." She placed the golden dong into the Hole.

Something blue and fluffy caught Lishaka's eye. "What's that?" she asked, pointing at the item which was half-buried under several sets of garments.

"That'sss for Borna," Chassari said. "Poor girl needs sssomething to cuddle with."

"Oh, that's why you had me track down the biggest plush dolphin in the city?" Alheri asked. "And as if that were not expensive enough, you wanted it self-knitting? Who is this Borna?"

Chassari smiled benevolently. "A very ssspecial girl and very lonely. Maybe ssshe and I will become friendsss eventually."

"Well, I hope this will fit." Alheri maneuvered the huge, blue-and-white plush animal into the Hole. It vanished completely. The feline picked up the sets of clothing and held them out to Chassari. "These too?"

"Yesss. A ninja sssuit for a certain dark elven combat teacher, an embroidered kimono for Celeste and sssome new onesss for me," Chassari said, placing them into the Hole.

"Which leaves only these three boxes," Thorn said, pushing some rather small wooden containers Chassari's way. The serpent-woman quickly inspected them before dropping two of them into the extradimensional space.

"What was that?" Lishaka asked her.

"For Rhys. A bracer which will help with all the tools a ssspellcaster needsss in the field. And a belt of returning throwing daggers for Sen. But aren't you curious what I got you?"

"Me? I get something too?"

"Of course. I told you I love to ssspoil my friendsss."

"And slaves," Thorn added. Alheri slapped his hand. The dark elf winced and withdrew it from under her kimono.

Chassari handed Lishaka a small wooden box and bowed deeply. "For you, Lisha-chan."

"I'm not used to you being all formal with me, Chassari." Lishaka said, awkwardly handling the box. It was eight-sided and etched with the local writing, held shut by an intricate metal clasp. She opened the box. On red padding sat an oval glass lens, faceted like an insect's eye and adorned with some kind of armature ending in a leather loop. Carefully, she plucked the lens from its bed and held it up to her eyes.

Someone rapped against the sliding door leading deeper into the house.

"Ah, perfect timing," Chassari said, rising. With quick steps she crossed the room and slid open the door. Akane, along with two guards, waited outside. Between the guards, threaded onto a stout carrying rod, was a big metal trunk. "Lisha, mind joining me? And bring the lens."

"Uh, okay," the goblin muttered, coming to her feet. Even after almost a week, the local way of sitting on your ankles did quite a number on her short legs. She joined Chassari in the hallway, offering Akane a deep bow. The silver half-dragon smiled and returned the gesture, although not quite as respectfully as Lishaka had done.

"Now what?" the goblin asked her purple-skinned friend.

"Hold the lensss in front of your eye and tell me what the plaque says, please," Chassari instructed.

The unfamiliar signs of the Radiant Empire's written language suddenly shifted and warped, turning into sigils she could read. "Property of the Imperial Academy of Arcane Knowledge on loan to Thurguz"

"You borrowed books for Thurguz?" Lishaka asked.

"As with most things regarding the Empire, it's complicated," Chassari sighed. "I wanted to procure material on dragon magic and the history of the scaly folk for Thurguz to read. Even with Vasuki-san backing my request, these copies are the best a foreigner can hope for. And even so he's not allowed to keep them."

"And what's keeping him from copying the copies?" Lishaka asked.

Another sigh. "Another thing our Empire isss known for -- we can be incredibly pompousss... and fail to deliver. That stern warning label is all they can actually do -- short of enchanting the booksss to self-destruct. But an old fox like Thurguz will probably be able to outwit the Academy mages." Chassari gestured towards the box. "Bring it in and put in into the Hole."

The guards nodded and picked up the ends of the carrying rod, grunting with the effort. The rod creaked and bent under the trunk's weight. With some doing, the bulky box vanished in the Portable Hole.

Lishaka hugged herself against Chassari. "It helps me read your language. That's sweet."

Chassari kissed the goblin, full on the lips. "It not only helpsss with 'my' language. It's sssupposed to work with any language. No matter if you read or hear it. It also hasss other abilities I'll let you discover yourself. Let'sss just say it will be a great boon for an aspiring archmage like you."

Lishaka cocked her head. "Did... you just speak Imperial with me?"

"Yesss. I know how insatiable your curiosity is. Thisss piece will be very useful to you and your alliesss." Chassari breathed one last kiss on Lishaka's mouth and slipped from the goblin's embrace. "Now, that ssshould be all. Did I forget anything?"

Akane chuckled mildly. "Not likely. Compared to you, the Eight Generals probably seem like a cluster of wet-scaled hatchlings when it comes to advance preparation. Or on-the-fly strategy."

"Ssstop flattering me and make sure Kiryu and Goro come out front. I want to sssay a proper goodbye for once."

The silver half-dragon bowed deeply. "It shall be so."

Thorn joined them, placing an arm around Chassari. "So this is goodbye? I had hoped for some more... thorough pre-voyage celebration."

Lishaka shook her head. "We... celebrated almost every night since our arrival!"

Alheri hugged the goblin from behind and pressed her furry cheek to Lishaka's. "He's insatiable. Much like you, Lisha-chan."

Lishaka reached over her shoulder and tousled Alheri between the ears, something she had learned the cat girl immensely enjoyed. "But even I know when it's time to be serious again."

Chassari unceremoniously had dropped her kimono and suited up in front of the large black wardrobe, putting on another of her favored tight-fitting bodysuits. This one she augmented with flexible leather plates on her thighs, arms and a stiff leather jerkin before adding tool belts, bandoleers and a thin backpack. Next came weapons -- knives, throwing stars, a garotte and a short sword.

"That probably means you're to carry this," Thorn said, handing Lishaka the neatly folded Portable Hole. The goblin tucked it into one of her robe's pockets and hugged the dark elf.

"It was nice meeting you," she said.

"The same to you, greenie." He smooched a loud, wet kiss onto her cheek. Lishaka paid him back by digging her claws into his behind. Naturally, he went hard in an instant.

"Don't encourage him," Chassari hissed. "Ready to leave?"

Both sex slaves moved aside, opening a path for Lishaka. She waved one last time and sped up to keep pace with Chassari who made a quick turn and walked into the dojo, the training space. Lishaka had already seen this imposing room when Akane had shown her around the estate. Lots of antique armor sets and some ancestral weapons.

"You haven't told me what happened during that important audience with the Emperor," Lishaka said.

Chassari slowed down and offered a reverent bow to the altar at the room's far end. She picked up the gleaming sword which had been prominently mounted on a stand underneath the clan banner.

"My deepest apology, dear ancestors. But I have need of the blade's powers. I hope you can forgive an unworthy wielder like me." Another deep bow then she placed the weapon in a rigid wooden scabbard and hung it over her shoulder.

"Chassari?" Lishaka asked, now a bit intimidated at the strange tone in her friend's voice.

The serpent-woman turned to face the goblin, a single tear running down her cheek. "I am nowhere near worthy enough to wield such an honored weapon. It was used to slay a demon prince who attacked the former Emperor. It is the reason why House Fusaki has such leeway when dealing with the court."

"I still don't understand-" Lishaka muttered.

"You will, in time," Chassari said. "Let's just say the things we found in Carver's sssupply camp were ill omens."

"I don't like the sound of that."

"All the more reason why we ssshould hurry. Come. I want to sssee my sons before we go."

Chassari opened a set of sliding doors leading to the garden. Lishaka followed her outside. They walked around the house until they reached the courtyard in front of the main entrance. The whole Fusaki household was present -- every single servant, guard, sex slave and of course Akane and the orange twins, fully decked out in armor similar to that the guards wore. When Lishaka and Chassari had reached them, everyone offered a deep bow.

"Ssso much for 'no big ceremony,'" Chassari complained, only audible to Lishaka. Louder, she said: "Don't tell me Vasuki-sama is coming over to send me off."

Akane smiled and shook her head. "I'm afraid the Minister is busy. Your humble household has to do." She cleared her throat. "Please, be careful."

Chassari motioned the serpent twins over. They approached then hugged her emphatically.

"I promise, it won't be another five years," Chassari said. "Alssso, since you are adults now, how about you come visit?" A wide grin split her face. "Master Thurguz can't sssay no to visitorsss, after all."

"Do you think that wise, Mother?" one of her sons asked. "We don't want to cause trouble."

"Where we are going, every capable sword arm will be welcome," Chassari said, her voice heavy with foreboding. "See Lord Vasuki if you decide to make the journey."

"You are aware that first, your sons need to finish their mandatory military service, are you not?" Akane said stiffly. "We are not important enough to simply ignore our laws."

Chassari kissed each of her sons on the cheek then disentangled herself from them. "Unless there is a pressing matter which requires all heirs to be close to their family. The resurgence of a Dragon Stone is just such an event." Her smile became even more expansive. "Both Lord Vasuki and the Emperor agree." Chassari sighed and her smile vanished. "Akane, I leave the house in your capable handsss. Make sssure we can use it as a sssanctuary if push comesss to shove. Hire a cleric, just in case."

"It shall be done. Safe travels." Akane closed the distance and snared Chassari in a quick hug of her own, coiling her long, sinuous tail around the battle-ready serpent-woman.

"Lassst time you couldn't have me out of the house fast enough, now you don't want to let me go?" the serpentkind teased her. Akane snorted in disgust and retreated, leaving Chassari free to return to Lishaka's side.

"Ssstart casting," Chassari whispered, placing her hand on the goblin's shoulder.

"One crumbly wizard's tower, coming right up!" Lishaka raised her hands and began to mutter the intricate syllables of a Teleport spell.

* * * *

"Oh, by Mollucks toasty bollocks! It's freezing out here!" Lishaka pulled her robes closer around herself. "Should have put on some of that underwear you had."

Chassari blinked furiously to adjust her eyes to the brilliant brightness of their surroundings. The sun reflected off every single patch of snow and the sky overhead was a shocking azure -- a stark contrast to the low-hanging clouds over the Luminous City. Then she looked around. This time, Lishaka's Teleport had been on target, depositing them right in front of the tower.

"We're not the first ones to have arrived here today," the serpent-woman remarked. "Too many footprintsss."

"You think Rhyssie is back already?" Lishaka shuffled through the snow a bit faster. It reached her waist and made progress somewhat difficult. "I wonder what he's been up to since we fled from the camp."

"He'sss probably waiting for you in hisss chamber, all hot and horny. And if not, I bet you-"

Chassari stopped dead in her tracks and cocked her head. "Do you hear that?"

Lishaka joined the serpent-woman near the old, weatherbeaten door and listened closely. There was some strange singing going on. It carried an ethereal, haunting quality which put her hair on end. When Chassari reached for the large pull ring, silver sparks flew off the metal and traveled along her arm before dissipating.

"Yes. Someone sings. And it's giving me the willies." Lishaka hugged herself. She couldn't stop shivering. Together, they pulled the door wing open and stepped into the Entrance Hall.

It had been bright outside but the large, circular hall was brighter than daylight, aglow with mystical energies, a coiling vortex of silvery light hovering above a bloody bundle on the floor. Close by, a dark elf stood in place, her arms raised high above her head and her voice effortlessly carrying strange, knotted syllables Lishaka immediately recognized as some kind of powerful spell. Halfway up the staircase which wound around the wall, the goblin sorceress saw Thurguz, Borna and Rhys, clinging to the banister as if the stone railing was the only thing keeping them standing.

Suddenly, the whirling silvery vortex shrunk in on itself until there was only a blindingly bright mote of energy left. It sank lower and lower, guided by the dark elf's song and hand movements, until it vanished in the bloody bundle. The dark elf sank to her knees. If it was a planned move or simply her legs giving out from exertion, the goblin couldn't say.

"Oh Maiden, please restore life to this mighty warrior. Guide her soul back to us so that her friends may rejoice and praise your generosity," the cleric gasped.

"A Resssurrection?" Chassari whispered. "Who might that be?" She indicated the lifeless pile in the center of the room. The amount of crimson was horrifying.

The energy built up by the spell fizzled and faded. The dark elf -- Astra'il, wasn't it? Barely recognized her with so many clothes on! - raised her head, concern and disappointment clearly visible on her expressive features.

"That's it?" Rhys asked. "Is it supposed to work like this?"

Astra'il fought back to her feet. Her icy white hair clung to her skull and face like a hood. "I warned you to temper your expectations, Rhys. Even if the Resurrection spell worked, there is no guarantee the departed will return. Maybe she found happiness in the Afterlife. Maybe reuniting with her ancestors has made her forget about her earthly concerns." With some difficulty, she made it up the stairs. She hugged Rhys and Thurguz. "I am deeply sorry for your loss."

Rhys placed a hand on Astra'il's arm. "Is there something you're not telling me?"

Astra'il hesitated, almost embracing Borna. She sighed and turned to face Rhys, a pained expression etched onto her face. "This is Haloryth's doing, yes?"

A flicker of a smile lit up Rhys' face. "Yes. She said I should ask you about a... third possibility."

Astra'il managed the ghost of a smile herself. "Damn that know-it all spirit of yours. I did not want to make an already grim situation that much worse. Forgive me."

"Just tell us what you know. Please." Rhys clasped Astra'il's forearms. Lishaka barely recognized him too. Gone was the lanky farm boy who always seemed to be at odds with himself, replaced by a seasoned adventurer. His whole demeanor had changed. There still was the simmering anger she had witnessed several times before but it was somehow tempered, focused. And his blood- and mud-spattered clothing, along with the ragged, almost haunted look on his face -- complete with a hint of beard -- made him look like someone had freshly dragged him off a battlefield. All the while Chassari and I had fucked around like a couple drunken harlots. A pang of guilt stabbed at her stomach.

123456...8