Murphy's Law

Story Info
They moved into his rental property and into his life.
13.8k words
4.69
85.1k
145
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sometimes you just want to write a fun sexy story. I hope you enjoy this one. Randi.

*****

My rental house on the back side of my property had been empty for a month. I had decided against renting it out. I was just going to use it as a guest house for a while. Renters are a hassle and I didn't need the money. My latest book was still on the shelves and it was doing a pretty good business on Amazon. The previous two had been successful beyond my wildest expectations and I was rolling in the tall clover. The last renter I had was a friend's sister, and it had turned a little ugly. She didn't pay her rent, had a succession of parties that seemed to involve pickup trucks with confederate flags in the back windows and loud bad country music.

It took me three months to get rid of her. I have a good bit of company, four sisters and their kids, who love the white sand beaches in south eastern Alabama and I was just going to keep it open for them. Then Reilly called me.

I didn't know her, personally; she was just the wife of a friend. He was one of those guys who always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't think he intended to get in trouble, but trouble followed him wherever he went. I learned quickly that I needed to avoid him in all public situations. I was riding with him to play golf and he couldn't keep his speed down. It's possible to speed a little and get away with it; we all do it, but he pushed his luck. We got pulled over and he was stupid enough to let the cop search his car. That was really stupid because he had a loaded .38 in his glove box. It was locked, but you can't keep a loaded gun in your vehicle in Alabama without the right permits. He didn't have them.

The cop asked to see my ID. I don't take kindly to that sort of thing; this isn't Nazi Germany. I asked him if I were suspected of committing a crime. I wasn't, so I told him I just wanted to go on my way. He argued and threatened, but I called my lawyer and he showed up in five minutes. Another five minutes and I was on my way home and George was on his way to jail. I never rode with him again.

He asked me if I wanted to go to a club and I told him I was driving. He got hammered and wound up standing up in the middle of the bar, telling anyone who wanted to hear that he and his buddy could whip everyone in the bar. I had to whip a few of them to get out of there. I went home and he went to the hospital. From then on, I only hung out with him at my house, and it was just the two of us. He had showed me pictures of his wife and she was a stunning redhead who must have lost her mind to marry him. He told me they were high school sweethearts and got married when they graduated from college. They had an eighteen year old daughter and I wondered what her life must be like with George for a father. Apparently. he couldn't keep his dick in his pants, and he wound up getting caught in a prostitution sting and arrested for soliciting. That was the last straw for his wife. Reilly called me up and asked me if I had rented my place.

I told her that I hadn't, but that I wasn't going to rent it. She begged until I relented, against my better judgment. She came over that night. She was even better than her picture. Why anyone with a wife like that at home was fucking whores, I couldn't understand. She was amazing looking. She was about five-ten and about a hundred and thirty pounds, most of it in ass and tits. She had freckles and creamy white skin that just begged you to reach out and touch it. She had on a little gold sun dress and flats, and she made my heart pound. She introduced herself and cried a lot while she thanked me over and over for letting her rent the place.

"My daughter, Murphy, is in the car," she told me. "Is it alright if I introduce her to you?"

I told her I would love to meet Murphy, and she went out to the car to get her. She was very shy, tall, and already beginning to show what her mother had looked at at her age. She was a ginger, too. Her hair was lighter, a strawberry blonde color, and she had freckles, too. Braces showed when she smiled and she was enchanting. I got them a Coke and we sat on the sofa while Reilly signed a six-month's lease. She told me she was working at doctor's office. She was the office manager, and I suspected money was going to be tight. I knocked the rent down to what I thought she could afford and she asked me if she could move in that evening. She didn't want to be there when he came home.

It made no difference to me. Everything in the place had dust covers on it and I had them pull their car up to it so we could unload. As I said, the place had been empty for a month and it needed a good cleaning. We ran out of time and I asked Reilly if they just wanted to sleep in the spare bedroom of the house until the next day, and I would get my cleaning ladies to give it the treatment.

"We don't want to impose," she said. "You've already done enough, Michael."

"Nonsense," I told her. "I'd love the company. We'll get carryout, eat dinner and get to know each other a little."

Murphy was on board, and we quickly wore Reilly's resistance down and she laughingly agreed to it. I called a Chinese restaurant down the street, and while they got settled into the house I went and picked it up. When I got back we watched a show on Netflix and ate on the sofa. The girls sat on either side of me and when the show was over we talked for a long time. Reilly told me she needed to go to work the next day and she was tired.

"Michael, I hate to bother you," she said, "but do you think Murphy could stay with you tomorrow? She's fine on her own, but this is a new place and I don't want her by herself. I'll figure something out, somewhere she can go during the day: a club or something."

I figured she wouldn't be able to afford much for a while. "I'll tell you what," I said. "I don't have anywhere to be most days. I work here and if it's okay, Murphy can stay with me during the day until you get on your feet. Once you girls get settled in, you can work something out. I'll even give her a little job. Can you type, Murphy?"

"Yes, really well," she said.

"Do you think you might like to answer fan mail for me?" I asked her. "It wouldn't take more than an hour a day and it would help me a lot. I'll pay you twenty dollars an hour if you'll do it."

"I'd like that," she said. "Mom, can I?"

"I don't see why not," she said. "I'm not sure that's worth twenty dollars an hour, though."

"It's worth whatever I say it is," I told her. We agreed and she took Murphy and went off to bed.

When I got up in the morning, she was getting ready to leave for work. One look at her and I decided I needed an office to be managed. She had made biscuits and fried sausage and eggs to put on the biscuits for Murphy and I when Murphy got up. She started for the door and then came back and hugged me.

"I'm very grateful, Michael," she said. "Thanks for everything you've done for Murphy and me. You're a good man."

Murphy slept until 10, and when she came out I was in my office. I heard her moving around and getting breakfast. She knocked on the office door after a while and I told her to come in. We talked for a while and I showed her around. I dad three computers, a desktop and two laptop. I gave her one of the laptop and she was a little unfamiliar with OSX, but she got it figured out with the ease of the tech-savvy young. I gave her a template to work with and she was very good at writing letters. She said all the right things and I left her to it. She answered a dozen letters and we took a break.

"What do you want to do today, Murphy," I asked her.

"Can I go swimming?" she asked. "You have a nice pool."

"You can use it any time you want to," I told her. "We also have a quarter mile of beach you can use. I would prefer that you not go down there by yourself, but it's up to you."

"Will you swim in the pool with me?" she asked.

"Not right now," I told her. "I'm in the middle of something. I'll come out and use my laptop to write for a while if you want me to. I won't be much company for a while, but I'll be there."

She went away to change and I made lemonade and took it and the laptop out to sit under one of the umbrellas. When she came out she had on a little red bikini and she took my breath away. She was long and slender and gorgeous. Her slender body was budding womanhood. She had breasts; not full womanly breasts, but the small, perky teenage breasts that drive young boys wild. They were about the size of half a orange, perched high on her slender frame and her nipples were obviously erect. They made little twin points under her top and jiggled a little as she walked.

"I made lemonade," I told her.

She smiled and came over to take a drink of the glass I poured for her. She turned away, walked toward the pool and her ass was fantastic. It was small, round and it looked hard and muscular. I had expected her to just play in the water, but she swam laps. She must have hit somewhere close to fifty before she levered herself up and out. The sunlight glistened off her wet body and the bikini had become a second skin. I had sunglasses on and I was thankful she couldn't see my eyes. She picked up a towel and dried her face, every movement graceful and vibrant. She must have felt my eyes on her because she blushed a little. She arched her back, thrusting those amazing breasts forward so that they looked bigger and glanced at me out of the corned of her eye to see if I was watching. Was she teasing me a little? It didn't seem likely, but that's the way it looked.

She pulled a lounge chair over next to mine and lay on her face, soaking up the sun. I took off the glasses and worked for a while. It was hard to concentrate with that sexy girl wiggling her butt every so often beside me. She turned over after a while and it became even more difficult. Her bottoms had slid up a little and the thin material had slipped between her pussy lips and formed a definite crease between her legs. I could feel my cock stirring. I couldn't believe this girl was turning me on like this. I loved cute girls, but everyone does. I really hadn't thought much about eighteen year old girls as sexual creatures since I was 25, or so, but I was revising my opinion by the minute. She toasted on the front side for a while and then sat up, reaching for her lemonade. She took a drink and licked off her upper lip. Her little pink tongue slid around and my imagination ran wild.

"Michael, do you think I could use the hot tub?" she asked.

"Sure, Murphy," I told her. "You can use it anytime you want. Just make sure you're clean when you get in there, okay?"

She nodded. "Will you go with me?" she asked.

I went and put on trunks and we went to the tub. I eased myself down and she got in beside me. She tended to float a little and she giggled.

"Hold me down please, Michael," she asked.

I put my arm around her thin shoulders and she gradually drifted over until she was on tight against me. I didn't move for a while and she settled in. She sighed when I wrapped my arm around her, and I just held her there until she wanted to get out.

I took her to the outdoor shower and we rinsed the chlorine off. We dried off and I wrapped her up in a towel. I wrapped one around my waist and we went inside. We threw the towels into the laundry room, went to the kitchen, I made sandwiches and we took the sandwiches and some chips and lemonade to the sofa and watched the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy on Netflix. It's actually a very funny cartoon. She waited until I sat down and snuggled up against me. I put my feet up on the coffee table and she stretched her legs out on top of mine, leaning half on me and half on the side of the sofa arm where it joined the back. We ate our sandwiches and she put my left arm around her. I petted her hair and we watched until she fell asleep and took a little nap. It wasn't long, just fifteen minutes or so, and she went off to get dressed. I got up and got dressed, myself. I went to the office and she came in after a bit and sat at her desk, earphones on, and surfed the internet.

We stayed there until her mom came home. They stayed with me again that night, the cleaners hadn't come yet, and I took them out for dinner. We watched a movie and ate popcorn and they went to bed. The cleaners came the next day and they moved into their new place.

Murphy came over every morning and we fell into the same routine over the next three months until school started. We would work for an hour or two and she would swim while I pretended to work. She would soak up the sun and then we would get in the hot tub. We would eat lunch and watch cartoons while she lay with her head in my lap. She would take a little nap and we would spend the rest of the day in my office. We became very good friends. She told me everything and I bounced story ideas off of her. Reilly told me she had found a youth club but I told her she didn't need it. Murphy stayed with me and the matter never came up again.

Murphy was fascinating to me. I had never known an eighteen year old girl before. She was extremely smart; I mean scary smart. I suspected she had a very high IQ; probably in the genius range. She could be hilariously funny when she wanted to be. She was very moody, especially with her mother, but she turned that off around me. She became very comfortable with me and I think I got to see a side of her that no one else did. She hated her father. He tried to see her several times and we had one encounter with him.

He showed up one day drunk, and when I answered the door he tried to push past me and come in. I gave him a stiff arm and he reeled back.

"What are you doing here, George?" I asked him. "You know you don't have any visitation rights and Reilly doesn't want you around."

"You son of a bitch," he snarled. "You can't keep me from seeing my daughter."

She came into the entry and looked at him. "Hey, sweetheart..." he began.

She cut him off. "You're pretty much of an ass, aren't you, Dad? We don't want to see you anymore."

"You little bitch," he started. "You and your whore mom..."

It was my turn. I hit him in the solar plexus. It wasn't a love tap. He crumpled to the porch and puked on my steps. I knelt beside him. "Listen good," I told him. "If I ever see you again I'm going to kick your ass. If you ever bother these girls again, I'm going to bust you up bad. I'm going to hurt you real bad. Get the fuck off my porch and get in your fucking truck."

I hauled him up by the hair and he actually tried to hit me. I spun away and hit him alongside his jaw with a spinning back fist. Something cracked; either a tooth or his jaw. He sank down and I pulled him back up by the hair. I bitch slapped him twice and he went staggering away, blood dripping from his nose. He got in his truck and we never saw him again. Murphy came outside and got the hose. She started washing the puke off the steps. I could see that she was crying and it broke my heart. I didn't do anything until she was finished and had reeled the hose back up. When she came back to the porch I picked her up and carried her inside. She was sobbing now and I took her to the sofa and just held her while she cried out the anguish in her heart.

"I'm so sorry, baby," I told her over and over. I petted her hair and stroked her bare shoulders in that little red bikini.

"Why does my dad have to be such an asshole?" she sobbed. "What's wrong with Mom and me? Why doesn't he love us?"

I tried to calm her down. I squeezed her little body tightly and petted her. "There's nothing wrong with you, Murphy," I whispered in her ear. "You're the most precious girl I've ever met. There's nothing wrong with Reilly, either. You're both wonderful, beautiful girls. I love you and I don't know why he doesn't. Like you said, he's an asshole. I don't like for you to talk like that though. There's something wrong with him, not you. How could anyone not love you? You're perfect, baby. It's him."

She looked up at me with red, swollen eyes. "I'm sorry he came here, Michael. I'm sorry you had to hit him. I didn't know you could fight like that. I mean, I know you work out all the time, but I'm sorry you had to do that."

"It's not your fault, Murphy," I told her. "I just couldn't stand to hear him abusing you like that."

"He used to hit Mom and me," she said. "I'm glad you hit him. I love you Michael. You're so nice to me. You're nice to Mom, too. Why couldn't you be my Dad?" she began to sob again.

I reached out and got her the box of tissues. She stopped crying and blew her nose and wiped her eyes. "I'm okay now," she said. She laid her head against my chest and just sniffed now and again for a while. I could tell she was thinking. She sat up in her usual position on my lap and looked up at me with those huge brown eyes.

"Michael, do you like Mom?" she asked.

"Yes, baby; I do like her. She's a very sweet girl. She's beautiful, too."

"Why don't you ask her out?" she asked. "I know she would go if you asked her.

"I'm in love with you," I told her.

She blushed. "I'm eighteen, silly. I'm in love with you, too, but Mom needs someone. She cries at night sometimes when she thinks I'm asleep. She's miserable, Michael. If you'll ask her out I'll let you kiss me. I know you want to. I know you like to look at me. I let you touch me all the time. I'll let you touch me more if you'll ask Mom out."

I laughed. "You're so smart, aren't you, baby? You've got me all figured out. You don't have to bribe me, Murphy. I'd love to go out with your Mom. I'd love to do that stuff with you too, but not so I'll take Reilly out. I wasn't kidding about being in love with you."

"I know," she blushed again. "I wasn't kidding about being in love with you, either. I won't try to bribe you anymore."

"Good," I said. "Your mother is a beautiful person in her own right, Murphy. She deserves to be loved for herself, not because I want to love you."

"I know, I'm sorry, Michael. I shouldn't have said that. I'm really upset and I wasn't thinking straight. I do want you to kiss me and touch me though. I'll let you. What would you like to do?"

"Can I show you?" I asked her.

She nodded. "I'm all ugly now," she said. "I know I look like a mess because I've been crying. Can we wait till tomorrow? Will you still think about taking Mom out?"

I squeezed her. "I'll ask her for Saturday night. We can wait for the other as long as you want."

She got the remote and we watched cartoons until she went to sleep. She slept a couple of hours this time. I fell asleep, too, and when I woke up, Murphy and I were stretched out on the sofa with her cuddled in my arms. I felt a throw being drawn over me. I looked up and Reilly was home. She saw that I was awake and held her finger up to her lips.

"I'll cook," she whispered.

I closed my eyes and squeezed Murphy's form a little tighter and went back to sleep. I woke up again when I felt lips kiss my forehead. Reilly was kneeling beside the sofa.

"She loves you, Michael," she whispered. "She's never been like this with anyone else. She's all stiff even when I hug her. Don't hurt her and I'll be your slave."

"I don't need a slave," I whispered back. "I need a date for Saturday night. Will you go out with me?"

She blushed. She was very like her daughter, or maybe Murphy was like her. "Yes, I'd love to. Dinner's ready."

She stood up and walked away. I looked down at Murphy. Her beautiful little lips were slightly parted and her chest rose and fell softly under the throw. I could have just held her forever. I kissed her lips and she stirred. Her eyes fluttered and I kissed her again. She stiffened in my arms and looked at me. I felt her relax and she kissed me back.

"Reilly's home, and she made dinner for us," I whispered.