My Cousin Janie Ch. 05

Story Info
Janie and Brad encounter bumps in the road...
9.5k words
4.79
25.7k
46

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 10/29/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nosebone
nosebone
1,498 Followers

We arrived home from Christmas in Jackson and our work load picked up immediately. The rigs we'd been working had been moved to new locations and we'd gained the three additional rigs we'd been promised. True to her word, Janie started helping the first day. Despite her lack of technical knowledge, she quickly picked up most of the day-to-day things we were handling. Her attention to detail was amazing and very helpful, given the pace of our operations. After watching her avoid the family business for years, it made me smile.

Steve received a call from Rachel Rossi on New Year's Eve. She wanted to meet with us again. I shook my head at his smug look. He'd been right after all, and she'd called us back. We scheduled a meeting for Monday, January 4th. Steve said she'd seemed excited.

With 5 rigs drilling now, we were extremely busy. There were so many things to keep up with that without Janie, Steve and I would have been in serious trouble. Rick's semi-departure also meant that a lot of the day-to-day decisions fell on me. I called Roxanne a lot seeking her opinion.

"Baby, you're doing fine. You know what to do," she said.

"I know, Roxanne. But I'm afraid I'm going to fuck it all up."

"No, you won't. It's in your blood," she replied.

"I hope so."

"It is, sweet baby. You're doing fine. Bye," she said.

We were drilling the Janie, Roxanne, Shelley, Stevie and Smith wells all at the same time. All five wells were in uncharted territory. There'd never been a well drilled on either the Wilcox place or the Circle J ranch. As Rick said, our asses were hanging in the breeze. I thought about being bitter on New Year's Day, when he and Shelley got on a plane to Europe for a month, but I couldn't. It was what we'd talked about, he was going to step back. He'd earned it I reminded myself.

Rachel came to the office at 10 o'clock on January 4th. She was dressed to impress wearing a black dress and tan nylons. Thankfully she wore low heels, or she would have been taller than Steve and me. I admired her figure briefly, before I realized I might very well be her boss soon. I shouldn't be doing that. We were soon down to the facts.

"Anstar has offered me $60,000 a year," she said.

"I can offer you the same, plus working interest." I countered.

"Are you serious," she asked.

"Yes, very serious."

"I don't see I have anything to lose, when can I start," she asked.

"Immediately," Steve and I said in unison.

The next day, Rachel walked in the office at 7. She was dressed a lot more professionally than Steve or I bothered with. We usually wore jeans or shorts, but she was in a short skirt and nylons, again. Very Roxanne I thought.

I watched Janie, closely. I could tell there was something working in her mind. She didn't give away anything with her face, but her eyes were a different story. Later, she and I walked down the street to get bagels. I decided to ask her.

"Does it bother you we hired her," I asked.

"No, why should it? She's seriously the sexiest one you two assholes could find?"

"Hey, I hired her because Steve and all the professors said she was really smart," I replied.

"Uh, huh," she said sarcastically. "Daddy and Uncle Bob always had Roxanne around. You thought you and Steve needed a little cupcake in the office, too?"

"Janie. I don't think you're being fair."

"I'm not? Her skirt was even shorter today. She's there for her brains," she asked angrily.

"I hadn't noticed."

"No? Well, those long legs are there to see. I can't believe you missed them," Janie said.

"Baby, I don't want to fight with you over something that's not an issue," I said, trying to defuse the situation. We'd had some pretty serious arguments over the years, but this was our first as lovers.

We stopped on the sidewalk and she looked at me angrily.

"I just don't like it, Brad."

"You've made that clear, but she was the best candidate."

"Sure, she was. Maybe you should have looked a little more," she snapped. She started walking towards the bagel shop again. I followed her, wondering how I was going to make this work.

The next couple weeks passed quickly as Rachel settled in. Janie and I started classes again as well. Rachel was very confident about her abilities, but as with Steve, there'd been a learning curve. Janie took great delight in pointing out the mistakes Rachel made. I tried to see it from Janie's point of view. Rachel had missed key signs showing changing drilling conditions that we needed to catch. Janie was still pretty green herself though, and I thought she was being a little unfair. I brought it up over dinner on Thursday night.

"Okay, so I'm being a bitch, but she walked in right away acting like I was a stupid secretary or something, baby," she hissed.

"And you didn't like that," I said.

"No, of course I didn't."

"I'm sorry she did. She's figured out you're a woman of some importance, now," I offered.

"Good, she needs to know exactly how important I am," she replied.

"Baby, it's okay. You don't need to feel insecure around her."

"I've seen her look at you," she persisted.

"So, I've seen her look at Steve more," I replied.

"Steve is not my concern. You are," she retorted.

"How do you want me to handle it?"

"You figure it out, you're the one that hired her," she said as she walked to the bedroom.

I shook my head. That went nowhere. What was I going to tell Rachel? Things aren't working out, because my beautiful cousin that I'm in love with is jealous, because you're attractive, too? That wouldn't work. I knew what Janie was seeing. Rachel was extremely pretty and she was a touchy sort of person. It wasn't just me, it was even more so with Steve, since they'd know one another for a few years. In my mind, Rachel paled in comparison to Janie. Janie was the most gorgeous girl I'd ever known. She had my heart. I would never risk her trust and love for anything. I wasn't getting that across to her though. I hated that she felt that way. I grabbed our dishes and put them in the sink, after I rinsed them. I walked to the bedroom and saw she was lying on the bed staring at the ceiling.

I sat on the side of the bed, but she scarcely acknowledged I was there.

"Baby, I'm really sorry. I don't want you thinking like this. You have nothing to be jealous of or anything to worry about. My sun rises and sets with you," I said.

She raised up from the pillow and looked at me closely. I finally could see that she'd been crying. She just looked at me briefly, before she laid back on the bed.

"Brad, do you ever think that maybe things aren't going to work out between us?"

"Baby, what are you talking about," I asked.

"Do you," she persisted.

"No, never, why would you ask that," I replied. That was something I'd honestly never considered.

"Because of everything. Are you ashamed of me, of who I am?"

"No, of course not. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever known. I'd never be ashamed of you," I answered.

"Then why does no one else know outside our family," she asked.

"Honey, this has all happened pretty fast. I haven't had time to put an ad in the paper, yet," I said.

"Don't be a fucking smart ass, okay?"

"Janie, did this just come up this week," I asked.

"No, I've just been thinking, Brad. Especially since you gave me this ring. I just don't know how things will be for us. I mean we're 18, how is it going be when we graduate? We want two totally different things in life."

I just looked at her in disbelief. After everything the last five months, she was talking about this. She continued.

"I know how important this all is to you. I couldn't ever ask you to leave it, but this is not going to be my life. I'm not going to sit in my big house waiting for you every night to finally leave work. And then when you are home, you sit in your study by yourself, sipping scotch and worrying about if you just threw away our future on a goddamn oil deal. My mom lived that and so did yours."

"Honey...," I said.

"It's all true, Brad. Don't deny it," she said flatly.

"I know, babe," I admitted.

"Baby, all I want is you, I don't need money," Janie said.

"I know babe, but this one particular thing is really important to me. I've got to finish it. It's for everybody, it's not just me," I said.

She stared at me, her face emotionless. "I've also been wondering if I made a mistake coming home," she said.

"You have?"

"Yes," she replied. Her voice remained calm and empty of emotion.

"Maybe you did then," I replied angrily. I stood up and left the room. I kept walking out of the house and down the street to the office. I needed to get away for a bit. It was just after 8 and the lights were still on. I wondered if Steve was still working. I opened the door and I heard him call out.

"Hey man," he said.

"What are you still doing here," I asked.

"Oh, I was just finishing up. Why the long face?"

"Nothing, just worrying about this mess we're in," I replied, which was at least partly true.

"Aww, it's going to be okay," he reassured me. "Jim said they already started cutting pay zone in the Janie."

"Seriously? That's a lot shallower than we expected. Why didn't you call me," I asked.

"I'm trying to let you have a little down time, if I can. You've got school plus all of this. I thought you might want to have a nice dinner with Janie. We've been pretty busy since we got home."

"Yeah. We had dinner," I said. I walked to my office and grabbed the bottle of scotch Steve had bought for us to have at the office. After grabbing glasses, I sat them on his desk and I poured us both a portion.

"To the deal," he said, raising his glass.

"To the deal."

We sat quietly sipping for a long moment. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him looking at me.

"She means a lot to you, doesn't she? Janie, I mean," he said.

"Yeah, she does," I replied.

"I thought so. That was quite the ring you gave her at Christmas," he ventured.

"Yes, it was. Steve, look man, you and I are getting to be friends. I've haven't told you some things that I probably should..."

"Brad, it's okay, man. I finally figured it out. You don't have to keep it a secret from me," he said.

I nodded at him. "Thanks, bub."

"How long have you two been together," he asked.

"Since August," I replied.

"Damn, and she was back east," he said.

"Yeah," I said, nodding.

"Being around you two, I kind of sensed something, but since Rachel started, I picked up a definite bit of tension there," Steve said.

"Yeah, I've tried to talk to her about it, but she's convinced Rachel is flirting with me," I said. I didn't want to go into the other, much bigger issues.

"She can probably stop worrying about that, for now," Steve laughed.

"Oh," I asked, with a smile.

"Yeah, so Roxanne let me down easy New Year's Eve, and I've kind of been back on the market," he laughed.

"I see," I chuckled.

"Yeah. It's crazy. I've been trying to go out with Rachel since our freshman year. It just finally clicked, I guess," he said. "If you don't think we should, since we work together..."

"No man, it's okay with me. I don't have a problem with it. I mean you were banging Roxanne," I replied.

"True," he laughed. "Thanks man, she and I both were a little worried."

"No, good for you. I'll tell Janie, but I don't know how much of a difference it will make," I said.

"Why?"

I explained the conversation earlier.

"Shit man, you can't just let her give up," he said, when I finished.

"I know, but I can't just walk away from all of this either, though," I countered.

"I understand, but you might not need to worry about anything in a couple years," he reminded me.

"We've got our asses hanging out in the breeze right now. If these next 5 are like the Robert...."

"Do you honestly think they will be," he asked as he took a sip of scotch.

"I hope not," I replied.

"Me too. Why don't you get home and apologize, I'm going to meet Rachel for a drink and a late dinner," he smiled.

"Okay. Don't be out late, stud," I smiled.

"I won't. She's not that type of girl," he laughed.

"You'll have to work for it, huh," I asked.

"Oh yeah, but it'll be worth it. She's really special," he smiled again.

"Okay, I better get going."

"Night, bud," he said.

"You too. I might be a little scarce tomorrow, if that's okay," I said.

"No, do what you need to, we've got things under control."

I walked back to our house and saw all the lights were out. When I was inside, I realized Janie was already asleep. I brushed my teeth and stripped to my boxers, before I laid down beside her. I wished sleep would come soon, but it didn't.

As I laid there in the darkness, I thought of what she'd said. This wasn't going to be her life. I couldn't ever ask her to do something she didn't want to do. Maybe she was right. We were just 18. Maybe our emotions had gotten the better of us. Who's to say we wouldn't feel different in a few years? In 10 years?

I began thinking things I'd never imagined a week before. Maybe there was someone better out there for her. Someone that shared her interests. Maybe there was someone out there for me? I shook my head when I thought that. She was the only girl I'd ever loved, and that went back to well before we'd admitted our feelings for one another. She'd been in my heart all along. It just took a long time for me to realize that she was.

Even thinking about trying to love someone else made my chest hurt. I wasn't giving her up without a fight. I felt her move in her sleep. She rolled over, wrapping her arm across me, her head resting on my chest. I wrapped my arm around her, holding her close to me. My hand stroked her back softly. I finally dozed off a little after 11.

--------------------


I woke up the next morning to find her still draped over me. I had one arm around her, but quickly wrapped the other over her, holding her tight as I thought of the previous night. I loved her more each day and couldn't bear the thought of ever losing her. I laid there holding her for a long time, before she finally stirred. She looked up at me sleepily.

"What time is it," she asked.

"Almost 7," I replied.

"Why haven't you gone to the office yet," she asked.

"I'm going to take the day off."

"Why? You have work to do. You have class, too," she added.

"Just one, it'll be okay. It's just calculus. I think we really need to have a talk," I said.

"I don't know about having a talk. I cried myself to sleep last night, when you just left."

"I'm sorry, but that kind of hit home," I said.

"Yeah. I know it did. I'm sorry, but it's just what I've been thinking. It's different here," she said, shaking off sleep.

"I'm sorry baby. I never wanted you to do something you'd regret," I said.

"I don't regret it, but I just wonder, Brad. What if things don't work out down the road and we denied ourselves the chance to meet someone that's really special," she said.

"Is there someone?"

"No, of course not. But you see what I'm saying, right," she asked.

"Yes, but how is our situation any different than any other young couple? Were they wasting their time, too?"

She just stared at me.

"Janie, I'll spend the rest of my life alone, if it means I had 5 months or 5 years or however long of happiness with you."

She started to cry.

"Why do you have to say things like that," she asked.

"Because it's the way I feel, baby," I said.

"Damn you." She laid her head back against my chest. "I hate fighting with you."

"Me too baby. As far as your other worry last night. Steve knows," I said.

"Did you tell him?"

"No, he'd figured it out. I'm going to tell Rachel, if he doesn't," I added.

"You think he will?"

"Maybe, they're dating," I said quietly.

"Oh," she said.

"So much for your theory that she was after my cock," I smiled.

"I had my suspicions."

"I understand. But I don't like tall blondes, only little brunettes," I offered.

"Uh huh," she replied. "So, now we're just supposed to sweep this all aside and everything is fine again?"

"Baby, I think our roles are sort of reversed here, you're supposed to be the artistic, live for the moment type. I'm the strategic long-term thinker, right," I asked her.

"Yes, I suppose so."

"Baby, promise me. Just give me a couple of years to finish this. We're going to be in school anyway. Then, I'll spend every waking hour, for the rest of my life, making you happy," I said.

She looked at me and rolled her eyes. "Okay, babe. I'll do my best."

"Thank you. I promise you, you'll never regret it."

"Okay," she said.

"Why don't we take a shower and I'll take you to breakfast."

"That sounds good," she said. She reached down and I felt her moving under the covers. Her hand came up and she was holding her little black panties in her hand. She dropped them on my face. "I have a little appetizer if you're interested."

"I'm always interested in that," I smiled.

"Good," she replied, as she kissed me on the lips. "Let's make up, baby."

"Yes, let's," I agreed. I pulled her fully on top of me and kissed her. Our tongues worked to relieve one another of the torment we'd both been feeling. I loved this girl and I wasn't letting go of her.

"Mmmm," she purred. "That's just amazing. You kiss me like you love me."

"Baby, I do love you. I don't want you thinking all of this crazy shit," I said.

"I'm trying not to," she said.

"Try harder baby," I said. "You're all I ever want. Let's finish this deal and travel the world." I rolled her over on her back and quickly kissed my way down her body until I was between her spread thighs. I lapped at the honey that flowed from her.

"I'm trying baby, oh that feels so good," she cooed. "Eat me, baby. I love when you do that. It makes me feel like I'm all that matters."

"You are all that really matters, Janie," I replied. My tongue twirled around her engorged clit.

"Mmmm fuck," she moaned. "That's it baby. Lick me like that. Show me that you love me."

I continued twirling my tongue around her clit, but I frequently ran my tongue across it, driving her pleasure level even higher. She held me close to her encouraging me, her feet sliding back and forth across my back and shoulders. I was keeping her, no matter what I kept thinking. I wasn't losing her. I'd show her I was serious. I'd give it all up if she'd let me finish this deal.

"Mmmm," I moaned. "Tastes so good baby."

"Oh, god. Eat me, baby. Eat my pussy and never stop," she purred. I probed her with my fingers, exploring and searching. I found her special little spot and my middle finger teased it. Janie tensed and I ran my tongue over her clit. Her response was immediate.

"Oh fuck," she shrieked. She convulsed and I felt her gush on my chin. I gave her a moment of pause before I resumed my licking. Her second and third releases came almost instantaneously. She thrashed on the bed and arched her back pushing her wet sex against my face. I continued licking but she pushed me away from her.

"Huh uh," she groaned. "That's too much baby. You don't have any idea how intense that is."

"Is it bad," I asked, smiling.

"No, it's fucking great, but if you keep doing that I won't be able to get out of bed today," she smiled. "You come up here. It's your turn."

I crawled up the bed to lay next to her. We kissed and then she moved down to stroke and kiss my cock. She knelt between my legs allowing me a perfect view of her. I loved everything about her. Her short dark hair, angelic face, big soft breasts.

nosebone
nosebone
1,498 Followers