My Cousin Janie Ch. 06 - Finale

Story Info
Graduation, The sale, New directions.
9k words
4.8
17.6k
47

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 10/29/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nosebone
nosebone
1,503 Followers

Author's Note: I would like to thank each and every reader of this series. There was a long gap in there and I apologize. Regular life sometimes interferes with a hobby writing career unfortunately. @GoDucks1 provided me with a lot of great ideas for this ending chapter. I won't say final as there may come a time when I revisit this one or there may not. Anyway, thank you all again.

Spring 1992

The grind of work and school continued the rest of that spring. I'd insisted that Janie go with Candy on a Spring Break trip to Florida. They had a great time and Janie came back convinced we needed a beach house.

Our drilling could not have been any better. It seemed every well we spudded was a monster. Randy started with us the first week of March. He'd been practically a life-long friend of Dad and Rick, but I hardly knew him as he'd worked overseas most of my life. Mom and Dad's funeral was the first time I'd seen him since I was probably 8 or 9 years old. He was so similar to Rick and my Dad, as they shared a lot of the same mannerisms.

Randy quickly earned the respect of Steve, Rachel and me as he jumped right in. We were in a unique situation in that we'd found a tremendous amount of oil, but there were no pipelines to speak of in the area. They would have to be built, and in the meantime, all of that money was just going to have to sit in the ground. Randy was the right guy to handle those aspects and he quickly put together a team of "old-timers" as he called them. They were guys that had been around the block a few times and knew how to get things done Randy said. I often wondered what he thought about the youngsters he was suddenly working with.

A few days after he started, Randy came into my office.

"You got a minute, bub," he asked.

"Sure, what's up," I replied.

"I was looking at the proposed pad locations for those two new Wilcox wells," he said.

"Yeah, what about them," I replied, not knowing where this was headed.

"Is there any reason we can't move them off that ridge," he asked.

"No, I don't think so. Do you think there's something wrong with the locations," I asked. I was thinking I might have missed something obvious.

"Naw, it's just that's the prettiest ridge in this part of the state and I'd hate to see a damned ol' drilling rig up there," he said. "Besides, I can probably save us a hundred grand by not having to cut all that rock for a pipeline."

"Okay, you've got me on both points," I laughed.

"Your Daddy always said you was a smart kid," Randy laughed before he walked out the door.

---

Rick got a call from Bill Sheridan in mid-March exploring the possibility of Anstar stepping in and taking over for us. Rick flatly told him no, which infuriated Bill. I heard about the conversation the next day from Roxanne.

"Baby, we were on the speaker phone with him and Bill says, 'Goddamn it Rick, you're as stubborn as your Daddy ever was'," Roxanne laughed.

"What did Rick say to that," I asked.

"He called Bill a cocksucker and hung up on him," she laughed.

"I bet that got him even hotter," I laughed.

"I'm sure it did. Oh well. He's fucked us more than once over the years. It's nice being the pretty girl everyone wants to ask out," Roxanne added. "We'll get a better offer if we wait."

"I'm sure we will," I agreed.

"Oh, Rick just walked in. Hang on, baby," she said. "He was wondering if you had time to talk about leasing the Brady ranch?"

"Not right now. I have chemistry lab in 15 minutes," I said.

"Okay, baby. Go to class. I'll try to keep him in the office for at least a couple hours today," she laughed.

"I'll call you when I get back. Bye," I said.

"Bye baby," Roxanne replied.

March turned to April and school was rapidly coming to an end. Janie was busy with her schoolwork, helping us at the office and planning our European adventure. I could see her excitement building every day. We were in the office by ourselves one Friday afternoon working and we were talking about her plans. Steve and Rachel had taken a weekend trip and left after lunch.

"So, we're going to Paris first, then to London. Daddy thinks you'll love London," she smiled. "I wanted to go to Italy too, but with you only giving me a month, I had to settle."

"I'm really cramping your style, aren't I," I asked.

"A little bit. I'll drag you to Italy soon though. You can bet on it," she laughed. "That reminds me. I need to give the travel agent a check for the balance. I paid the deposit."

"What is this going to cost," I asked.

"Do you want me to ask you what it costs every time you drill a new hole in the ground," she asked.

"Those are different. They make money," I replied.

"That one last week didn't," she replied smugly. We'd finally hit the edge of the play to south. We'd been expecting it, but in absence of seismic data, we'd taken the risk. It was a dry hole and we probably wouldn't even be able to use it for an injection well.

"That was a rare instance on this one," I insisted.

"Uh huh. But I could probably see a lot more of the world for what it cost," Janie smiled devilishly.

"How much are you spending," I asked.

"You don't need to know. You're buying my continued happiness and positive attitude," she laughed. I walked over and took her in my arms.

"I'd like to think I provide a little happiness," I suggested.

"You do. But this is something I've always wanted," she said.

"I know baby," I smiled before I kissed her.

"So, are you going to give me your checkbook or not," Janie asked.

"I don't know," I replied.

"Oh, no," she asked pulling away from me. She had her hands on her hips and was looking at me very defiantly. She was wearing a short, denim skirt with a tank top and looked irresistible.

"I mean, I think I need to know what it's going to cost," I said.

"No, you don't," Janie insisted. She walked over to me and put her arms around my neck, pulling me down to kiss her. When we parted she led me to my office and pushed me back into my office chair. She pulled off her tank top and unfastened her bra, before she knelt in front of me. Her hands reached for my zipper and quickly pulled it down.

"You think this is going to work," I asked.

"It has so far," she smiled. I shook my head at her and she smiled once more as my shorts and boxers were pulled to the floor. "Mmmm, there's the only part of you that will listen to reason."

Her hands grabbed me and swiftly worked me to erection. She rubbed her big, soft breasts against the insides of my thighs knowing how much that excited me before she leaned forward and took me in her warm mouth. I leaned back in the chair to enjoy it. Her mouth worked quickly and efficiently bringing me to the edge rapidly. She paused and her big green eyes looked up into mine.

"Do you really want to know," she asked.

"God, no. Not right now," I pleaded with her.

"It's now or never," she smiled.

"Janie, please," I asked. I reached for her head and she took me back in her mouth. There was no delaying the inevitable as my cock hit the back of her throat. Her eyes continued to bore into me as she sucked me deliciously.

"Oh, baby," I groaned. "It feels so fucking good. Fuck, I love you!"

"Mmmmmm," she groaned as she continued. My orgasm was rushing upon me and I gently held her head as her mouth worked me voraciously.

"Oh, Janie," I panted. "I'm cumming, baby. I'm cumming!!"

"Mmmmhmmm," I heard her groan as the first jets of cum entered her mouth. She never stopped or wavered in the slightest. She continued softly sucking me until long after I was finished. She finally released me and my cock fell against my leg spent. I watched as she wiped her lips and stood up.

"Now, can I have the checkbook," she asked with a smile.

I reached in my desk and offered it to her.

"Until you put my name on the account, you'll have to sign it first," she reminded me.

"I don't know if I should ever put your name on anything, after what you just did to get your way," I smiled.

"I know, I'm awful," she laughed as she was putting her bra and tank top back on.

"Here you go," I said as I tore the check from the book.

"Thanks baby. You're going to enjoy this just as much as I will. I promise," she smiled.

"Go pay the travel agent. Then I want you for dinner," I said.

"I'll hurry then," she smiled as she walked out the door.

---

After finals, there were several weeks of work to finish before we left on our trip. I tried to think of a time, but I couldn't remember ever seeing Janie so excited. I loved watching her. It was strange thinking that we'd grown up in well off homes, but other than going to Jackson and trips to the Bahamas, Mexico and Canada, neither of us had really been anywhere. Janie had decided that was going to change.

We drove to the city Friday afternoon and met Rick, Shelley and Roxanne for dinner at the Club. We talked to Roxanne and Rick daily, but I hadn't talked to Shelley in almost a month. The dinner conversation generally consisted of Roxanne and Shelley suggesting things we had to see on our trip. After dinner, we stopped by Rick and Shelley's house for a night cap. The ladies went to the front sitting area while Rick and I walked to his study.

"Now, you're gonna have fun over there," Rick insisted after he poured the scotch.

"Yeah, of course. I'm just worried," I said.

"Hell, son," he said as he slapped me on the knee. "You think you're the only one that knows how to drill an oil well in this outfit?"

"No, sir. That's not what I meant. We've just been working so hard on this and now I'm going away for a month," I said.

"Son, you've been working your damn ass off. You're 19 years old. You gotta live a little. Your Daddy and I were in 'Nam at your age. We always said you and Janie were gonna have a little time to get used to the world before you got thrown out in it," Rick smiled.

"I know," I smiled before I took a sip of my scotch.

"Besides, that girl of ours wants to see the world. I wish her Mama and her would have told me just one goddamn time that they wanted to go places and see things. When Shelley and I took our trip in January, I don't think she stopped smiling the whole damn time," Rick laughed. "It broke my heart though knowing lil' Janie wanted to go do all these things and I never took her."

I just nodded.

"We just get focused on business, son. That's why you gotta go. Smell the roses before it's too late," Rick added.

"Yes, sir," I agreed.

"Randy said he's got everything lined up with Tappco to start laying the gathering lines for the wells on the Maddox place," Rick said.

"Seriously," I replied.

"Ha, why do you think we brought him in? That son of a bitch could sell ice at the North Pole," Rick laughed. I shook my head in disbelief. I thought it would be winter before we brought any oil to market.

"That's good news," I replied.

"It is, son. Now we can start paying all those good people that believed our wild ass story," Rick laughed.

"We can," I smiled.

"Now, for the real good news. Randy also got Tappco to agree to lay a big line down south to their tank farm at Loco," Rick continued.

"Rick, that's crazy. I mean, that's a huge investment for them," I replied.

"We've found a huge amount of oil for them to sell, son," Rick countered. "We get caught up in the numbers because this our deal, but so are other people. There ain't been a find like this stateside in 60 years. Randy convinced them that it was worth their time and money to play ball with us. This is going to be a good deal for a lot of people."

"I'm glad he got it done," I smiled.

"Me too, son. He's a fucking wizard talking to people. When you first meet him, you think who's this goddamned hayseed? But he can talk to anybody at their level. It's amazing. He went down to Houston and met with Tappco's CEO and CFO. Those two bastards graduated from Harvard or Yale or some damn where and ol' Randy walks in and convinces 'em to build a 40-mile pipeline as fast as they can get it done. I bet there won't be a welder or excavator operator in a 500-mile radius looking for a job this time next week," Rick laughed. He offered the bottle to my empty glass. "You got room for another slug?"

"No, I've got to get Janie home. I better not," I said.

"That was the answer I was looking for," Rick replied. "Y'all have a helluva good time over there. Don't worry about any of this shit. We'll be taking care of things."

"Okay," I replied. I offered him my hand and he shook it.

"You don't know how goddamn proud your Daddy and Mama would be of you," Rick said.

"I hope so," I replied.

"They would, son. You've grown up quick, but it's time to take a little break," he concluded.

"Yes sir," I replied as I walked out of the study to find Janie. After we said our goodbyes, we walked out to my truck hand in hand.

"Baby, I'm so excited," she said.

"So, am I," I replied.

"Do you mean it? You're not just saying that for me," she asked.

"Of course, I mean it. I want to see Europe, but it's going to best because it's with you."

"I feel the same way. I've always wanted to go, but I felt like I needed to go with someone special. It's crazy, I know, but I always wanted you and I to go together. I think part of it was I thought if I got you off someplace romantic, I could seduce you and convince you that I was the one for you," she laughed as we got in the truck.

"But you didn't wait," I replied.

"No, how could I?"

"I'm glad we didn't wait. This is going to be great," I said.

"Take me home, baby. I think we should make love all night. That way we'll sleep on the plane..."

---

There were times over the next three years that I wondered what normal college life was like. I scarcely went out drinking with friends and obviously there was no chasing girls. My life consisted of class, work and Janie. After our trip to France and England, she insisted on going somewhere practically every break we had from school. I worried because I felt like we were leaving a lot of extra work on Steve and Rachel, but they'd both insisted that they had everything under control and that I should go. Janie and I built what seemed like a lifetime of memories quickly, but as she would often say, it was only the beginning.

By Christmas our sophomore year, all of the initial wells had been completed and oil flowed unabated. The big pipeline wouldn't be finished for three more months, so in the interim it moved by truck. It was a frustrating process as we were limited by the amount we could transport. Even though we were working at a fraction of ultimate capacity, we were generating money at a dizzying rate. When we met at Rick and Shelley's house for our Christmas party our sophomore year, I thought Steve and Rachel were going to pass out when they saw their bonus checks. My own was substantial and increased my own bottom line significantly, but I was beginning to see things more from Janie's point-of-view. I already had more money than I knew what to do with. I wanted to finish what we started and then get out.

Janie continued to help at the office but her attention became divided when she was selected to write for the school newspaper, eventually becoming the editor. I was happy to see it and since we'd added a few more helpers at the office, her absence was more of an emotional feeling than anything. I became a minor celebrity on campus when one of her friends from the paper wrote an article about what we were doing. Janie had tried to talk him out of it since she knew I didn't really want everyone to know our business, but the friend remained insistent. Afterwards, people would stop me on campus and ask questions. I longed for the anonymity I'd previously enjoyed.

Word had spread about our find and Rick received calls daily wanting in on it. The figures that were being tossed around were significant, but he politely declined knowing the value would only increase when the infrastructure was completed, and we finished drilling the in-fill wells. When the pipeline was completed, we could produce 300,000 barrels of oil per day, which at the time was more than adequate. That all changed when we drilled the first well on the Brady ranch, which flowed in excess of 30,000 barrels a day. The subsequent wells were similar. Randy caught a plane to Houston and convinced Tappco to build additional pipelines while vastly expanding their tank farms at Loco and Valley View. Everything seemed to continue to grow and the final two years of college passed quickly.

May 5th, 1995

I walked across the street that separated campus from our office. I'd completed my last final and was finished with college. It all seemed like a blur to me. I wondered what the future held but knew that mine would likely be much different than the other students I'd graduate with the following day. I opened the office door and found Steve waiting for me in the entry area with a glass of scotch in his hand. He smiled and poured me one from the bottle sitting on the table in front of him.

"How's it feel," he asked.

"Pretty good, actually," I replied. "It went by fast."

"I bet so," he laughed. "You've had a lot going on."

"That's true," I admitted.

"So, what now," Steve asked.

"I think you know," I said.

"Does Rick have something lined up," Steve asked.

"I think so. They're just haggling on the final number. They're supposed to let us know Monday," I admitted.

"I understand," Steve smiled.

"Are you sure you and Rachel are okay with it," I asked.

"Hell man, how can we not be okay with it," he asked. "I'm 27-years-old and already a multi-millionaire."

"I just want to be sure. You two have been our partners," I said.

"There's not going to be any hard feelings if that's what you're thinking. We owe you man, not the other way around," Steve insisted.

"No, you don't," I smiled. "You two carried your end."

"We tried," he laughed. "I don't think I'll mind having a little time off though, with the wedding and everything."

"That's true. You can extend the honeymoon a little while too," I suggested.

"We might do that," he smiled. "So, we still planning on 7 tomorrow night at the club?"

"Yes. As far as I know," I replied.

"Okay, I'll see you then. We're going to look at cake designs in the morning," he laughed.

"Oh boy," I said.

"Yeah, you'll know what I'm going through soon enough," Steve smiled.

"I'm sure I will," I replied. He extended his hand and we shook.

"See ya tomorrow," he said. "Thanks for calling me that day. It's been one hell of a ride."

"Yeah, it has. And you're welcome," I replied before I turned to walk out.

---

I walked up the street to our house and saw Janie sitting on the front porch sipping wine and watching cars drive by. When she noticed me, she smiled broadly and walked down the steps to meet me.

"All finished," she asked.

"Yeah, baby. All finished. It went by so fast," I said.

"I know it did," she nodded.

"We're almost finished with everything too, babe," I said.

"I know. Roxanne told me," she said. "Are you sure you can walk away?"

"Yes. For you I can," I smiled.

"Just for me, huh," she asked with a smile of her own.

"Yes," I replied.

"Get your ass inside. I really want to do some vulgar things with you, now," she smiled.

"Oh, my," I laughed.

---

The following night, Janie, Roxanne and I drove Rick and Shelley home after dinner. It had been a busy day with the graduation ceremony and then returning home. After Rick and Shelley got out, I headed toward Roxanne's house. I glanced in the rearview mirror and saw Janie and Roxanne smile at me. They'd both enjoyed their share of wine at dinner and when I glanced back again, they were laughing and whispering to one another. I glanced at the mirror a third time and saw Janie kiss Roxanne hard on the mouth. Roxanne reciprocated and they soon making out hot and heavy, completely oblivious to me in the front seat. I turned back forward and realized I was in the oncoming lane and a truck was approaching. I pulled the SUV back over and kept my glances to much shorter intervals. Soon, the two of them were pawing one another's ample breasts through their dresses. I couldn't believe this was going on. Had they done this before?

nosebone
nosebone
1,503 Followers