My Dearest Becky Pt. 02

Story Info
The continuation of Becky's Marine.
11.8k words
4.77
12.3k
21

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 12/22/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is the last part of the continuation of Becky's Marine. Thanks for the comments and feedback, they help make us authors better.

Some situations in this part may not sit well with everyone. This is similar to how it happened on my deployment, but this ending is much better than it played out for me.

This part is dedicated to the anonymous who has a deployed Marine in her life. I pray for his return, along with all the others who are still out there, fighting on distant shores.

*********

"Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood."

- George S. Patton

My dearest Becky,

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to write to you sooner. Things have been busy here as the Army pushes towards Abu Kamal, Syria from Qusaybah in Iraq. From what we have been told, resistance is heavy. Pray for us during these trying times, we need all the help we can get.

Ryan and Tyler are doing well and send their love. Ryan is adjusting to life in country better than I thought, though the same can't be said for the others. It seems like every night I hear someone crying.

I miss you. I think about you every day, wondering how you're doing and what you're doing. I cherish every letter I get from you all and long to be home again, in your arms, where I belong.

Please don't worry too much, we're doing well and staying safe. I'll bring all these boys home safe, just like I promised. Know that I'm with you always, waiting in your dreams.

All my love,

AA

Camp Qusaybah, located about three miles south of the town of Qusaybah on the Iraqi/Syrian border, was a shitty place. The men of Bravo battery had called it home for about a month now, routinely conducting patrols through the town and keeping the border crossing secured. Elements of the First Marine Division were housed there, as well as an Army tank battalion.

The view was nice, aside from it being in a war zone. Both the camp and the town of Qusaybah hugged the winding banks of the Euphrates river. The area around the river was lush and fertile, with palm groves and fig orchards tended to by local farmers.

Our accommodations were meager, with prefabricated buildings serving as our squad bays, a little duty free store that constantly ran out of cigarettes and dip and a basketball court that had seen far better days. It really drives home the idea that the Marines are kept angered by life on the FOB (Forward Operations Base) so they will be more aggressive in combat.

I entered the squad bay shared by guns 1 and 2, the rows of beds along the walls filled with resting Marines.

"Grab your shit, formation in 10," I said, waking up those who were sleeping. Captain Varren had called for a formation before we got our next set of orders.

"Doesn't Gunny ever get tired of formations?" Tyler asked grudgingly.

"This one comes straight from the Captain, but I'm sure Gunny would have called one if he could," I replied.

When Captain Varren finally joined us, he was holding a red folder. Seeing it, I knew it was a promotion formation, but had to wonder who was being promoted.

Captain Varren took the formation from First Sergeant Hayes, a tall, thin man who looked a lot like Weird Al Yankovic. When First Sergeant had taken his place next to Captain Varren, Ryan was called to the front. The Captain read the promotion citation and the two of them pinned Lance Corporal chevrons on Ryan, who then returned to formation.

"Rest!" Commanded Captain Varren, allowing us some movement.

"Men, First Marines will be moving into Syria beginning tomorrow morning. Their first objective is the town of Abu Kamal. Once they have secured it, Army personnel will move in to hold the town while First Marines continues onward.

"Our job is to shell the dog piss out of them before First Marines gets there. From now on, Army infantry will be pulling border security. All crews report to your section heads tomorrow morning at 0400. Shelling will begin at 0500. Any questions?"

"Will there be civilians in the city, sir?" Asked Tyler.

"The town has been cleared of civilians. Anyone still there, is there to kill you," the Captain answered.

---

I had cried for hours when I had read his last letter. They had arrived in Kuwait, but that was weeks ago. I really hoped he was OK. I don't know what I'd do without him. I know he tells me not to worry, but I just can't help it. We all worry about them, even Carl, who has been a rock through this whole ordeal, broke down when he read it.

Jeanna and I hadn't told Carl about our rendezvous while he was at work. She had pulled me aside and asked that I not tell him, but I felt like it would be harmful to their engagement if there were secrets between them. I hadn't said anything to her then, but the guilt has been killing me.

After dinner was cleaned up, Carl went to watch TV while Jeanna and I did the dishes. I had to talk to her again, so when she volunteered to clean up, I decided to help.

"Jeanna, we need to talk," I said quietly so Carl wouldn't hear our conversation.

"What's up?" She asked.

"I've been thinking, we should tell Carl about our hookup."

"Why? What he doesn't know won't hurt anyone."

"Yes, but what will happen when he finds out?"

"How will he?"

"Do you really think I can keep my hands to myself all the time? It's gonna happen, I promise you."

Jeanna sighed, her face a blank stare as she contemplated my point. People always get caught, especially when they think they won't.

"OK, we can tell him," she finally said.

"Good. And who knows, he might be fine with it. Andrew did authorize me a girlfriend if I wanted."

"True," Jeanna said. "Who better than the fiance of his best friend?"

"Exactly."

We finished the dishes and went to sit with Carl. He had the news on, as he did most days since Andrew had got to Kuwait. He seemed like he was hoping to hear something of his best friend, though what it was, he would never say.

"Honey," Jeanna started, "We need to talk."

"Look, whatever I did, I'm so sorry," Carl began before Jeanna held up a hand.

"It's not what you did, its what we did," she said.

"What did you two troublemakers do?"

"Each other," I said quietly.

Carl looked at us bewildered, his face saying more than his mouth could. He was genuinely confused.

"What?"

"We had sex, again."

Carl laughed, something he hadn't done in weeks. "Is that it? You two got busy?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't tell you," Jeanna said. "Are you mad?"

"Yeah I'm mad. Mad that I didn't get to watch, or fuck my fiancé while you two did your thing."

A wave of relief hit me. I should have known Carl would be OK with it, but lately I've been so out of it that I was really scared.

"So baby, would you have a problem with me taking care of Becky while Andrew is gone?"

"No, just don't leave me high and dry," Carl said, pulling Jeanna in for a kiss.

The news was focused on the war, frequently cutting to reporters close to the front. From what they were saying, First Marine Division would be moving on Syria soon. As they spoke, the mood of everyone in the room darkened more and more.

"Gods, watch over them all," I said softly, and began to cry again.

---

"Fire mission! Gun 2, 1 round. Special instructions, at my command. Shell, HE,PD. Charge, 7 white. Deflection 3325, Quadrant 283," Fire Direction Control called along the gun line, our radios seeming to echo across the plains. It was our turn to kick off the bombardment, sighting in the guns before unleashing hell upon Abu Kamal.

Drake copied the instructions onto the official form as they were read, repeating them back so there was no confusion. The last thing we need is to shoot somewhere we weren't supposed to and kill other Marines.

When the mission had been read off and verified, we set about making ready. It took less than a minute for us to prepare the gun for its first shots of the war. In the darkness, stenciled in white letters along the barrel, 'Prometheus' was just visible.

"Drake, call back ready," I said.

Drake grabbed the handset for the radio. "Gun 2 ready."

Ryan was getting more ammo ready, knowing the next mission would require a good many rounds. Tyler was helping Simmons with opening powder canisters and Jones was getting an updated ammo count. It wasn't long before the radio came to life again.

"Standby!"

"Standby!" I echoed as the men ran to their assigned spots.

"Fire!"

Before the radio could finish saying it, I was repeating it. Tyler pulled the lanyard, the gun rocking back hard against the ground and sending dust up around us. Simmons pulled the lever to open the breach, smoke and the distinctive scent of gunpowder blowing out. Ryan swabbed the breach and we awaited our next mission.

It took three single rounds from us before FDC (Fire Direction Control) was happy and we got the go-ahead to begin. The mission required 10 rounds from each gun, then we would stand by for further instructions.

Throughout the day, we fired a few more missions for First Marines as they advanced through the town. By nightfall, the last pockets of resistance were being cleared up and we were given orders to move into the city at first light.

-

"Advance party up," the Captain called. It was early in the morning and fast approaching our travel to Abu Kamal, which had been considered safe for a few hours.

Ryan was our advance party member, traveling ahead to mark the spot where our gun would emplace next. Each gun sent one man, as did comms and FDC, with Motor T providing the driver and Gunny going as senior support.

We displaced as a battery by 0600 and were set up on the southwester edge of town by 0830, ready for further orders. The Captain gave them shortly after, conducting an informal meeting at his truck.

"Listen up men," Captain Varren began. "This will be home for a while. Army engineers will be constructing a tent city for us, along with the rest of the support elements. The locals will be allowed to return soon, show them the respect they deserve as humans, but watch out for wolves among the sheep."

"Sir," Gunny spoke. "Any idea what First Marines has planned next?"

"Sorry, I have no idea, probably the next town down the road. I can tell you, however, that British and American forces have begun their push towards Damascus. They have met little resistance, but personally, I expect it will get worse before they get to the capital."

"Very well sir, thank you."

"Now, until First Marines is ready to move again, we will be doing convoy and route security as well as checkpoint guard detail. Rest up, you will be notified if you have a mission assigned to you."

We set up a makeshift camp where we could, grabbing what little shade there was outdoors or grouping together inside a few of the houses when the midday heat became too much. I managed to get ahold of a satellite phone that night, at the cost of a carton of smokes. A small price to pay to call my Becky.

"Hello," she answered, sounding tired.

"Hey baby, did I wake you?" I said.

"No, its just early," she replied, her tone now changed to excitement. "How are you?"

"OK, how are you?"

"Hanging in there. We miss you so much."

"I miss you all too. How are Carl and Jeanna doing?"

"Good, Carl is here. Jeanna is still asleep."

"Sleep sure sounds good."

"I bet, you guys been busy?"

"Yeah, they've been keeping us busy enough. I'm not sure if I should tell you about it, but the news will happily tell you tonight."

"They usually do. Listen, I have something to tell you."

"OK, shoot."

"Jeanna and I hooked up the other night. She's my girlfriend while you're away."

"That's fine, in fact, put me on speaker and sit Carl down with you."

I could hear her call for Carl, obviously not caring that Jeanna was asleep. I could hear Carl sit down beside her.

"Carl," I said. "Listen, you need to hear this."

"OK, I'm listening."

"You know I trust you with every facet of my life. We've been best friends for over 20 years and I wouldn't trade any of them for the world. Ultimately, the decision is for you, Jeanna and Becky to make, but I wouldn't be mad if you took care of Becky while I was gone."

There was silence on the line, probably stunned silence. I had been turning this over in my head for a while now and I decided that, should Becky not be able to resist the temptation of sex any longer, it should be with someone whom I not only trust, but know where they live. Besides, technically speaking, Carl gets one free pass anyway since I did fuck Jeanna that first night.

"What the hell?" Carl said finally. "Are you serious right now?"

"Very serious. I'd rather know she is safe with you than off with some pile of shit from Smokey's."

"Wow, I never thought this would happen."

"I trust you with my life, why not with my fiancee. The option is there, its up to you three to make the decisions."

"Yeah, I'm gonna need time to process this. It hasn't fully sunk in yet."

"That's fine, listen, I gotta run. Becky, I love you and miss you. Carl, take care of them and give my love to Jeanna and Lauren."

"OK, be safe out there," Carl said.

"Bye baby, I love you so much," Becky said.

I hung up the phone and gave it back to the Marine who let me use it. It was hard to hear their voices, but it was good too. I went to lay down, thinking of home.

---

"Um, what the fuck just happened?" Carl asked.

"I'm not entirely sure, but it sounded like he removed any restrictions on us fucking," I said, still trying to wrap my head around it all.

"What're your thoughts on this?" He asked.

"Part of me is happy that I can have a real cock again, part of me is wondering what this could do to our engagements."

"This is so surreal," he said softly. "I don't even know if this is real."

"I know. It feels like a dream."

Carl's door opened and Jeanna came out, sitting beside us on the couch. She was wearing one of his old t-shirts and a pair of panties. Her hair was a mess, that 'just rolled out of bed' look.

"What's going on?" She asked after a yawn.

"Andrew just called," Carl said, still partly in shock.

"What'd he say?"

"They're doing well, that he misses us and can't wait to be home. He also gave me permission to fuck anyone in this house," I said calmly.

"Wait, what?" The shock was evident in her voice.

"Yup, he said that he wouldn't be mad at us if we slept together."

"Do I get a say in this?" She asked.

"Yes, that was the other part. It can only happen if you two are alright with it. He said he would rather know Carl is taking care of me than some random guy."

"Well, that makes sense," Jeanna said after a moment of thought.

"Huh?" Carl shot her a glance of pure confusion.

"Think about it. You've known each other forever, who better to trust with your woman than your best friend."

"That's what he said," Carl said. "Well, I guess the door is open, I'll need to think about this for a while though. I'm still not sure its real."

"Becky," Jeanna said, putting her hand on my leg. "If you wanna have Carl, I'm OK with it. I can't imagine what your going through and if this helps, then I'm good with it.

"Thanks Jeanna," I said.

"However, he's mine, please don't try and steal him from me."

"I won't. I know what he means to you, because Andrew means the same to me. If there is any signs of trouble, it stops immediately."

Jeanna and I hugged, Carl still sitting there putting it all together. If he thought about it any harder, I'm sure I would see smoke coming from his ears.

"Babe, don't think about it so much, you'll give yourself a migraine," Jeanna said, kissing him. "Just take this good thing you've been offered and run with it."

"Yeah," he said softly. "I'm gonna go lie down for a bit." He went back to his room, closing the door behind him.

"I'm gonna go talk to him," Jeanna said, standing up.

"No," I said as I grabbed her hand to stop her. "Let him think."

"But he needs..."

"He needs to figure it out on his own. This is a big decision for him. This could potentially ruin their friendship and our engagements. He needs time."

"What about you?" She asked.

"I'll be fine, one way or another. I still have you."

---

"Sergeant Anderson," Gunny said, waking me from my nap. "Convoy escort in three hours, Lieutenant Price has your official orders."

"Thanks Gunny."

Gunny left and I got up, stretching and looking to see who I had in the squad bay. Ryan and Simmons were playing cards, nobody else from our gun was around.

"Ryan, Simmons. You guys hear that?" I asked.

"Yeah, three hours. We'll be ready Sergeant," Simmons said.

"Good, I'll be back in a bit, if you see anyone else, pass the word along."

"Copy."

I found Tyler and Drake in the smoke pit, talking about their lives before deploying and what they hoped was waiting for them when they returned. I considered for a moment, not bothering them just yet. It was nice to see that Tyler was well liked and respected among the men.

"Guys," I said, lighting a smoke. "Any of y'all seen Jones and Wirth?"

"Motor pool, prepping the truck," Tyler said. "What's up boss?"

"Orders from Gunny. Convoy escort, leaving in," I checked my watch. "2 hours and 50 minutes."

"Where to Sergeant?" Drake asked.

"Don't know yet, I'm going to see LT about it in a minute. Tyler, can you or Drake let them know?"

"Yeah, I'll take care of it," Tyler said.

"Thanks, meet back here in an hour for briefing."

I found Lieutenant Price on his way back from the restroom, his usually calm and rational mood still prevalent as ever.

"Morning sir," I said. "What's the news?"

"We have a convoy to take south. When and where are you planning to brief your men?"

"We, sir?"

"Yes, I'm coming with you. Now, back to my question," he said.

"Smoke post, 45 minutes sir."

"Very well, I'll be there to brief you all."

"Yes sir," I said, knowing that meant for me to become scarce. I headed back to the squad bay to make sure the men were ready. We wouldn't be causing a delay. We met an hour later in the smoke post, joined by Sergeant Ruiz and his crew.

"Listen up gents," Lieutenant Price said, lighting a cigarette. "Here's the briefing. Last night, insurgents captured a railroad station in Akashat. This poses a problem for our supply lines to the south, as our plans to move men and equipment quickly between Al Qa'im and Akashat call for the use of that train.

"We will be taking a convoy of ammo, water and chow south to Akashat for the Army units currently moving to retake the station. The trip should take about 3 hours, then we will post security while the supplies are delivered. Any questions?"

"Sir," Sergeant Ruiz said. "What kind of resistance along the way can we expect?"

"Minimal, the road south is used mostly by farmers traveling to and from one of the major towns. So far the locals haven't bothered us much."

"Sir," I began. "Any intel on enemy strength in and around the station?"

"Latest intel reports over 200 insurgents at the station. How many are holed up in the town is manageable."

"You have no idea sir?"

"No."

There was silence, letting anyone ask questions. I was busy wondering just how incorrect the intel really was. Last time the word 'manageable' had been used to describe enemy strength, I got shot in the leg. Not exactly the best of days.

"If there are no more questions, the convoy leaves at 1500. Pack for overnight, just in case. Dismissed," Lt Price said, walking away.

I pulled Ruiz aside. "Listen, he said pack for overnight, don't. Pack for 4 days. Never know what might happen."