My Dream Santa

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jennifer lay in the warm bath water, thinking about all the things that were happening in her life, so many new elements that were altering her outlook on life.

'I am lying in my mother's bath thinking about what has just happened in the last couple of hours,' she mulled things over in her head. 'My life seems to have been turned on its head. I mean, before I moved to London, my girlfriends used to say I was a bright and attractive girl. Nobody speaks to anyone there in London, but my best friend Satish says, "Jenna, you deserve true love." My name's Jennifer, but Jenna sounded so much more sophisticated. I approached big city life, not as my former confident self, but as this insecure, nervous creature who settled for the bare minimum relationship, and clung onto it for far too long. It almost destroyed me. It is all right for Satish, she had an arranged marriage to an Indian doctor that, against all the odds, has turned out for them to be a perfect match.

'There are plenty of things on the downside of my life, of course. For the past eight months I've lied to my mother about replacing my cheating boyfriend of five years, Scott, with a new boyfriend, but a made-up one, who doesn't actually exist. I made him up because I didn't want to admit that the man Mum thought was perfect for me, was really a complete and utter cheating bastard.

'I'm going to be 30 in May and my younger sister is long married with three children and I am currently not even dating anyone. I'm so afraid that I'll end up an old maid, in a glorified but dead end telesales job, renting a studio flat that I can barely afford, living in a city full of strangers. My last decade in London has been a waste of a third of my life so far. I am worse off than when I started, but don't want to return home here and be perceived as a failure.

'I am "home" at my Mum's for the Christmas holidays, a trip that I have actually been dreading for months. My parents split up last year and both have new partners, neither of whom I barely know. My mother's new husband Jack seems a good man, and his beautiful daughter Stephanie's been really friendly so far to me, and seems to like helping Mum, which is a good sign.

'My Dad's new partner, on the other hand, is nearly four years younger than me and has three children under five. I haven't really made up my mind about her.

'And then, to cap it all, my car has broken down on the way up here, in the middle of a snow storm. My life is a total mess!

'Yet here I am, soaking in warm soapy water, completely at peace with myself. How can that possibly be?

'There are a few pluses. A Good Samaritan who helped me tonight told me that my boyfriend, who had supposedly always done my car servicing, hadn't done anything to the car in years. Now the Samaritan has not only offered to service my car for free but also agreed to pose as my make-believe boyfriend, 'Jeff', throughout the holidays. He laughed as he agreed to help me, saying at home he's called Junior! As luck would have it, he works for my father, and in just eight months he has become my Dad's right hand man; I rang my Dad, who joked that if I married Junior within the next three years, he could retire and leave us to run "our" business. 'Jeff' or Junior, is such a nice sweet guy, helpful, he temp-fixed the car, and is somehow fixing my mother's misconception of my muddled love life.

'I kissed Junior outside Mum's front door, while his hands were full of our luggage, and it was nice, really nice. Then, once inside, I was shocked to find Mum had invited my ex-boyfriend Scott for Christmas. But Junior kissed away all my agony, assuring me with his deep comforting voice and lovely open face, that was so completely full of concern for my wellbeing. He really seemed to care about me and I believe he actually does, he kissed me in the bathroom like he does. You can't fake that. And, almost immediately after Scott had moved his things out of our bedroom, Junior and I kissed naturally, as if we'd been meant to kiss at every opportunity all along. Mum caught us kissing and now she really believes we are lovers!

'Still, I have my dreams. Dreams of meeting that special prince, and, well, one particular dream, anyway.

'I have had this recurring dream of Santa Claus ever since I was about three years old. Nothing freaky, although it always occurs in my current bedroom, wherever that happened to be. Sometimes Santa's delivering a present, a special present that no one else owns up to, but more often he's empty handed, as if he is just looking in to check that I'm still OK a year on since his last visit. He just tells me something like, "Jennifer, it's not your time to get up yet, so go back to sleep." I get that dream every year before Christmas, just the once until the main one on Christmas Eve. Every time I awake, I am reassured by Santa and I go to sleep again. I told my family about it at first, and later Scott, about the basic dream, but I have never told anyone that he is not the traditional department store Father C, but a young Santa, no one except my best friend Satish. He's not fat or old, he does wear a Santa suit, but is clean-shaven. He has a young moon shaped face, open and honest, and a voice deep, calming and reassuring. Satish insists my Dream Santa's a premonition of my true love to come.

'My Dream Santa is nothing like Scott was at all.... No, he's more like ... like Junior.

'Oh my God!'

Chapter 7

Junior was down first from his shower, and he looked fresh faced, face glowing pink and, thought both Lisa and Stephanie, he looked hot in his traditional cotton pyjamas, as he walked smiling into the kitchen. He was tall, his thick dark hair still slightly damp from his shower, showing a hint of premature greying at the temples.

'How old is he?' wondered Lisa, considering the grey. He had an open baby face, with no sign yet of wrinkles other than a few light laughter lines around his bright intelligent eyes and mouth when he smiled, a strong chin, and was freshly shaven. 'He could be anything between 25 and 40,' Lisa thought.

Stephanie didn't care how old he looked, in those old fashioned blue and white striped PJs and dark blue dressing gown with white stitching around the seams and white rope belt, he looked tall, dark, lean and athletic. Oh yes, she thought, her stepsister had definitely traded up from that greasy loser Scott. That creep had already tried to chat her up when he first arrived during the late afternoon, even before her step-Mum had got back from the hairdressers. No, this Junior was a definite improvement, so she considered it was well worth watching this space. If Jennifer had any ideas of going back to slimy Scott, that would leave the way for Steph to try her hand at seducing Junior. 'Patience, girl,' she thought, 'a little patience and if you play your cards right...'.

"Is Jennifer still in the bath, Junior?" Lisa asked.

"Yes, or she was. I knocked on the door as I went by, she was dozing and said she'd be down in five or maybe ten minutes at the most. I think she's been having a tough time with the stress of that sales job of hers."

"We'll go and sit in the lounge then." Lisa said, "I've turned the oven off, as the part-baked rolls are almost done, but they can keep warm until she comes down."

When they reached the lounge, Junior saw the red sack where he left it and the two carrier bags of presents that Jen had brought in from the car. There was a small tree, festooned in multi-colored lights, in the corner of the room with half a dozen presents already underneath.

"I think I'll sort out the presents while we're waiting for Jen," grinned Junior, "she did most of the shopping and packing and, hopefully I have been able to finish it off and filled in the gaps."

He carried the two bags and the sack over to the tree.

Junior crouched down on his knees by the Christmas tree and started going through the presents in the carrier bags. There were presents for Lisa and Jack in Jen's bag but nothing yet for Stephanie.

Jen's big older brother Miles and his wife Sharon shared a present between them, but there was nothing for their teenagers Kendra and Mica. He smiled, recalling the teenagers' last visit to see their grandfather in the summer and Junior was invited to join them. The teenagers were sullen and bored at first, too sophisticated to join in anything organized for them, but Junior had got them involved with Kayla's eldest in playing the Monopoly board game and soon they were all acting like children again. He thought of the perfect presents for them.

Jen's younger sister Bernie and her husband Mark also had a present addressed to them both but their three young children, Oliver the eldest, and girls Ronnie and Judy were without. Junior could see that Jennifer had found it is so difficult buying for the younger ones that you don't see very often, not helped by not having experienced kids of your own.

There was presents in the bags for her father Andy and his girlfriend, and for one of their children, Monika the baby, which felt soft, like an item of clothing. Junior put those ones back in the bag ready for Boxing Day.

Then he pulled his red bag towards him, untied the rope securing it shut and dipped his hand in.

Lisa was the first to hear footfalls on the stairs, so she opened the door to the kitchen and went through to heat up the soup.

Jennifer came in through the hallway door, dressed in her pale pink PJs and a white towelling robe, her damp hair still wrapped up in a hand towel tied around her head. She smiled at everyone, including Scott, before kneeling next to Junior, who was well away from everyone else by the French doors to the garden, and kissing him warmly on the cheek.

"Mmm, you smell absolutely gorgeous, Jen, I'll be tempted to dip you in my soup and eat you up, when it comes through."

"Down, Tiger," she grinned, "you better behave yourself; don't forget we are at my Mum's."

"I never forget anything."

"I know. And I believe you, Junior. Absolutely I do."

Lisa popped her head around the kitchen door. "Now you're down, Jennifer, I'll be serving up the soup in a moment. Are you both happy to eat in here off your laps?" She paused until the happy couple smiled and jointly nodded their acceptance, "Now, the rest of you, do you want drinking chocolate and biscuits or mince pies for supper?"

A glance around the room was sufficient to confirm that were more requests for mince pies than biscuits, with drinking chocolate universally agreed on. Once she had everyone's acceptance, Lisa disappeared into the kitchen again. This time Stephanie stood up from her end of the couch and moved into the kitchen to help her.

"Steph's so nice, to offer to help Mum in the kitchen, isn't she, hon?" whispered Jennifer, while gazing lovingly into Junior's eyes.

"Yes, sweetheart, Stephanie is a very good and lovely girl. I believe that your Mum has really landed a great second family."

"So, what've you been doing while I was soaking away all my cares and woes?" she asked, seeing her depleted shopping bags, "have you been sorting out my presents?"

"Yes, I've taken the liberty of putting yours out under the tree already, and put Andy's back in the bag. I was about to put out the others that I took the liberty to bring with me, to see what I had that was suitable. I may have to explain later how I think I've filled in most if not all of the gaps."

"I'm sure you have filled every single one of the gaps, sweetheart." Jennifer whispered close to his ear. "Explanations are unnecessary here and now in front of the family, but I expect they would be something along the lines of your extraordinary memory, an ability to choose the most appropriate gifts, and some surplus presents you happened to have in this sack that you fetched from your cab?"

"Er, yes, something vaguely along those lines. Not the complete answer but that explanation will do until I have a chance to explain to you ... privately ... later on this evening."

"Oh, I fully expect you to explain a lot of things, later. But I can wait until then for explanations, and answers. Please, though, no lies later. I think I really have had enough of those lately."

She glanced nervously at Scott, who squirmed in his armchair at her look.

"No lies, Jen," he whispered back. "Hopefully there will be no need for secrets between us, but together we need to keep certain shall we say confidences, but they will be ones that we can share between us."

"Of course. Now, as for your Christmas present from me, I haven't actually got you anything yet, but I will sort that out tomorrow, perhaps while you service the car. Have you got something in your bag for me?"

"Yes, I do have. More than one present, actually."

"Ooo, do I get a chance to see them, what shape they are and perhaps rattle them or feel how heavy, or soft they are?" She had a mischievous look on her face, reddened by her steamy bath, or perhaps flushed for some other reason.

"Not now, I thought I would leave them hidden in the sack until Christmas morning."

She crinkled her nose and bumped him, shoulder to shoulder, "Spoilsport! But, what if I wake up early on Christmas morning? Or maybe when I wake up but think I'm still dreaming on Christmas morning? Or while you are putting my present at the bottom of our bed, even though it's still dark outside, may I open my presents then?"

"You may open one. This Christmas, and next Christmas, and maybe, every next Christmas, sweetheart, if you want."

She put her head next to his and whispered even lower, "I think I know who you are, 'Jeff', Junior, or whatever names you like to be known."

"Oh yes? You think you know?"

"Yes. I have been thinking long and hard about why I was so comfortable with you, from the moment you rescued me. I think it was because you seem so familiar to me, both in appearance and the comforting sound of your voice. I thought about where and when I had seen you, while I was lying in the bath."

"OK then, Jennifer clever clogs," he smiled as he rubbed her back, whispering in her ear, "exactly who am I, then?"

"The man of my dreams, perhaps?"

He nodded. "I certainly hope so, Jen."

"And, my dream man, why so early this year, it was still November," she whispered.

"It was the last night of November," he breathed back, "only a few hours shy of December."

"It was still bloody early for Christmas."

"Yes, it was, but ... it was reindeer training that started that day and ... I missed you. I hoped you were still alone and I didn't want to wait another day, let alone three more weeks."

"So, you popped into my bedroom every Christmas for 27 years, just to see little old me?"

"For all 29 Christmases, Jen, you just didn't notice me the first couple of years."

"Wow!" Jennifer leaned back on her haunches for a moment, her eyes no longer sleepy, but wide open. "Why for so long, what am I to you?"

He held her head in her hands and kissed her gently on the forehead, "You are everything to me. I have watched you grow up to become the beautiful woman you are today. I have made my choice. I hope it will soon be your time to decide where your future lies."

"Will my future take me to the North Pole away from everything I've ever known?" she whispered.

"If you decide to take the same direction that lies in my heart, then not completely, and you can remain in contact with your family and friends for a long while, but eventually, yes it will take you away from what you have known. But then doesn't every marriage? You can come back and visit for as often and as long as you like, but this is subject to some precautions. I will tell you everything when we are alone later, and I promise that I will answer all of your concerns and questions as best I can."

Jennifer's mother and step-sister appeared with the soup, bread, drinks, biscuits, mince pies and slices of Christmas cake.

"Come on, the food is ready." Lisa said, "Sit on the settee up here, you two lovebirds."

They got up from where they knelt by the Christmas tree and sat close up to each other.

Jennifer glowed, her mother Lisa thought, and she had to admit that she had never seen her look so radiant, or so beautiful. And that was really all a mother wanted for her daughter this Christmas. She hadn't realised until now, how being with Scott in recent years had changed her from the confident young woman she was when, all on her own, she bravely strode off to London to make her fortune. And there, right in front of her, that confident woman was back. And that was all down to Junior, his devotion to Jennifer was so naturally obvious, that it made her a little jealous of her daughter.

Lisa had noticed as soon as she opened the front door, that she was faced with a real loving couple. There Jennifer was with this smiling Junior, who was happily clutching her, keeping her warm, yet cheerfully releasing her to stride into the house full of confidence.

Scott had suppressed her spirit somehow, holding her back, making her less than she really was. Lisa didn't know what had happened between them, but Jennifer was back to being insecure and lost again the very moment when she was unexpectedly faced with Scott in the lounge. Yet Junior brought her back from the brink of tears with a kiss that, well, Lisa thought, 'I would have sold my soul for'. And now, Jennifer was sitting rubbing shoulder to shoulder with a lovely man who clearly thought the world of her. She could almost see that they both seemed to be surrounded by an aura of magic. They were both smiling, exchanging glances and sharing some common joke between them; they didn't even need to talk, they were communicating on a level that Lisa had never achieved with Andy and had long ago accepted that she would never experience that level of love, even with Jack.

Lisa glanced sideways at Scott, he was slumped in an armchair to one side, all alone, trapped both by the weather and seeing his bridges burning in front of him. He was gripping his cocoa mug like a lifeline plus an untouched mince pie and not at all sure where to look with his eyes other than focus on the carpet pile in front of him.

Stephanie only had eyes for the couple, too, sitting there with a dreamy look on her face, thinking of some of the romance stories she liked to read. Then Lisa caught Jack's eye. Without moving his head, he indicated the couple with eye movements and raised eyebrows, with a silly grin on his face. Jack was a sweet guy, less sophisticated, and less handsome than Andy, but at least he was honest and reliable and he had done a wonderful job raising Steph on his own. She felt lucky, and she smiled, thinking, why not, they were both going to be lucky tonight. She blew him a kiss and his face lit up with the promise of the night to come.

Nobody was saying anything. The only sounds were two spoons scraping crockery, as the couple made short work of their soup.

"Wow, you've been busy with the presents, Jen," Lisa remarked, just noticing the fresh pile under the tree.

"That's only part of them, Mum, I started the shopping and wrapping but Junior has pretty well finished the rest of them off for me. Oh, and Junior's the best present buyer and wrapper in the world, aren't you, honey?"

"That's for you to decide, sweetheart."

"You're too modest," observed Jennifer, bumping his shoulder again, then turning to Lisa, "Well, I've finished. That soup and warm roll was really what I needed, Mum, but now I'm feeling it's been a long day and I'm ready for bed now, if that's all right?"

"Of course, dear."

"Shall we get the rest of the prezzies sorted in the morning, honey, so we can go up to bed now? I'm so tired after all that driving."

"Did you drive all the way up dear?" Lisa asked, "didn't Jeff, sorry, Junior help with the driving?"

1...34567...10