My Heart Won’t Let You Go

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm putting you and AJ into the guest room. Sorry I was so prudish."

"Aw mom," he complained. "Now I won't be able to sneak into her bedroom after midnight."

Heather had laughed almost out of control.

AJ thought ah the little issues had been resolved, all amicably so far. Chess's parents had really worked as good hosts. Further, Chess had told her his mom had called the two young women she had invited over, one on Wednesday night and one on Thursday night, to cancel with regret, saying Chess had brought home a close girlfriend. Presumably the intention had been to confront the girlfriend with those home-grown girlfriends had AJ and Chess not been considered close.

Heather had been delighted that first evening at dinner when AJ had asked could she accompany Heather one morning on her rounds of recovering patients. Heather had said normal practice was not to allow that but it became acceptable when AJ had revealed she'd worked during her final year at high school and in the time between graduating and going to college as a nurse aid in the private hospital where her father practiced. Heather had already been astonished to find AJ's father was a surgeon and her mom was in advertising. The plight of some of the very young patients had torn at AJ's heart but she remained calm and heard Heather tell Charlie that evening AJ had been so wonderful talking to the kids.

It was such a shame. She and Heather had significantly bonded. Charlie of course was no problem; he appeared to think AJ was the cat's whiskers for his son as a girlfriend.

Heather and Charlie took the young couple to the airport to catch their 6:15 pm flight and she asked, "What are the plans you guys when Chess graduates in three months?"

"God we have talked about it," Chess said.

"But I've thought about it. We'll have to talk about it before commencement."

"But surely..."

"Something will happen mom; don't worry."

Heather didn't looked confident and AJ knew she wasn't. It seemed hopeless because she wished to pursue he career. She could move to another college of course but she was determined to complete her masters media print communications.

The farewell at the airport was emotional, ending with Heather looking forlornly at AJ and shaking her head, walking away crying.

"She'll be okay," Charlie said kissing AJ. "She won't really know what she's crying about."

AJ knew what the problem was but remained outwardly unconcerned.

* * *

AJ's parents Sandy and Karen and younger brother Mike took to Chess like mushroom sauce coats to steak. Within five minutes at arriving home the three guys were shooting baskets.

"Oh Alfredia, just look at them, they are interacting like a father with his two sons."

AJ looked and said yes, didn't they look good together. Chess was under instructions to call her AJ at all times, no matter how much her mom protested. With great skill Chess avoided calling AJ anything except darling when he needed her prompt attention.

CHAPTER 2

There was a happy reunion between AJ and Chess's family at the time of his graduation and the morning after the ceremony and dinner they headed home.

Chess was to start a job on the following Monday and was excited about his prospects.

"Bye I'll see you in a few days time," he called to AJ, continuing the deception right to the very end. Heather had asked outright, "What is to happen between you two?" and AJ lied confidently, "We have plans to remaining very close."

Heather appeared to decide not to push for elaboration.

AJ and Chess had decided of course it was hopeless to continue. It ended with Chess driving his family to Buffalo.

* * *

Three years and several boyfriends later AJ graduated with her master's. She remained unsettled because none of those guys had been a patch on Chess as a person.

Three weeks later she was chief bridesmaid at Deb's wedding. The newly married were heading for San Diego where her besotted bridegroom Malcolm had won a great job in marine biology so AJ wondered if she'd ever see Deb again. Life was so depressing but she returned home and began learning her craft as a professional communicator on the hoof.

AJ kept in touch for many of her fellow graduates and at their first reunion learned Chess had married an Irene someone. AJ thought that would have been the Irene that Charlie had mentioned when she'd first met Chess's father... yes there was an Irene and a Sue or Susan his mother had targeted for him. She was saddened the bride had not been her but these things happen.

A year later her mom's business partner had a cancer scare and decided to retire early. AJ's parent's acted as guarantors for AJ to secure a bank loan to buy out Paul's partnership and with him gone and with more energy and fresh ideas AJ, by then aged just twenty-four, had the business reorganized from the top down and engaged a marketing graduate to solely chase new business, finding new clients and offering wider assistance and service to existing clients.

Although AJ's mom had been against the appointment of a marketing persons but had yielded under her daughter's pressure, two months later Karen was acknowledging the results of that outlay were beginning to show on the bottom line and then was the first to say they must hire more personnel.

Mother and daughter later agreed to merge with an ailing competitor, taking on the other company's principal as a partner and paying nothing for goodwill in acquiring all of his clients. Although a few clients were lost in the reshuffle they still had more than doubled the size of their business.

The new partner had run out of steam and ideas but was good at doing what he was told so he became AJ's deputy CEO and Karen, with her agreement, became chief administrator.

During that busy period, loaded with dramas and pressure, AJ received two proposals of marriage but turned both down. She knew who she should marry so called him.

"AJ, Christ it's been so long. How are you?"

"Blooming thank you Chess, and you?"

"Oh fine. I have not managed to secure a partnership but am CEO of a firm of eleven consultants plus support staff so we are pretty big cheese for Buffalo. I have gained my doctorate working partly on-line and going to Boston for spells. It was pretty stressful on my marriage... oh I got married."

"So I heard on the grapevine. Any kids?"

"Not yet. She's only thirty and wishes to wait till she's thirty-five. She's in hospital administration."

"How do you feel about a delay that long?"

"Well it would be impolite to say it's none of your business. It leaves me unhappy. Why had you chosen this time to call?"

AJ said softly, "Are you really interested to know?"

"Yes of course."

"Last night I rejected my second proposal of marriage. This one was from a good keen man."

"But why?"

"You might not wish to hear the reason."

"Go on. I know you; at least I think I do. You want to tell me."

"My heart won't let you go Chess."

After a twenty-five second pause Chess whispered, "Jesus."

"If she won't cooperate about children Chess dump her and come to me."

Chess snorted, "AJ, you don't know what you are suggesting."

"Don't I? A day doesn't go by without my thinking of you Chess. The same things run through my mind time and time again. If I haven't got them right by now I never will have them right. My mind tells me to hang on, not to give up hope. I can't let you go."

"AJ I'm sorry, I can't allow you to talk to me like this. I must go."

"When you decide to come to me Chess remember the name Reverberation Information Management Consultancy, Chicago. Reverberation."

AJ could hear Chess's loud breathing. She cut the call feeling she could do nothing more but wait. She'd done better than expected" she'd planted the seed.

CHAPTER 3

After Chess had graduated from college, unhappily leaving AJ in his wake, Chess lived at home for a while but became tired of his mother asking why was he contacting women about dates when he had AJ and why hadn't she been to visit when it was summer vacation.

Chess began looking for an apartment to share and bumped into Sue Strong just after midday and they enjoyed lunch together and catching up. He mentioned about trying to find someone to share an apartment with and she said her brother Troy was about to seek one because the guy who shared with him was leaving for Europe to work.

"It's a two bedroom apartment. Cole and I have been there several times."

"Cole?"

"My fiancé."

"Oh congratulations."

"Thanks, I gave up waiting for you. Well come here same time tomorrow and I'll bring Troy to meet you. He's an accountant."

It worked out fine and Chess left home and shifted in with Troy who was engaged to his company's office manager. She had girlfriends looking for a good looking guy like Chess so happily lined them up for him.

Before leaving home Chess had confessed to him mom it had been over with AJ ever since the night of his graduation.

Enraged she threw a pot at him. It missed and smashed through the glass door of the kitchen wall cabinet holding everyday glasses and several were shattered. Heather ordered him to leave the house and that's when he told her he'd find an apartment.

"Find it tonight," she'd screamed.

Chess had reminded her surgeons were supposed to remain even-tempered and she picked up a meat hammer but dropped it, crying "Oh god what am I doing? Can't you understand I so much wanted AJ for my daughter-in-law and to bear my grandchildren?"

Charlie came in from his study, assessed the situation and told Chess to go for a run for a couple of hours.

A week after Chess moved in, Sue and Cole came to dinner and were accompanied by Sue's longtime friend Irene Sanders.

Irene and Chess had a pleasant reunion and she told him she was working in hospital administration and was upgrading her degree online to a master's. Chess, remembering his manners, said the encouraging career-focus things and began to warm to Irene.

The next Saturday evening Troy and his fiancée Jennifer had just left for a movie when the bell rang. The caller was Irene. Chess had no trouble thinking 'set up' and didn't really mind. He waited to find how well Irene could lie. Or would she come straight out with it?

"Troy told mom he was going to a movie tonight. I had nothing on so thought perhaps I should see if you wished to go out somewhere."

"Where?"

"You choose. I'm um easy."

"We should stay here and have a drink and talk."

Irene sat on a lounge chair opposite Chess. When he returned with the wine he saw her skirt was hitched up high.

"What's it with the leg show?"

Without any embarrassment Irene said, "Do you want to see more than legs?"

Chess poured the wine, giving her plenty of time to get cold feet.

"Okay Irene," he said sitting back in his chair after handing across her glass of wine, "let's see what you've got."

She hitched her skirt right up and placed a foot on the table.

"Put your other foot on the table and make sure they're a yard apart."

"You might be embarrassed."

"Why?"

"Because I'm not wearing panties."

"I thought that might be the case. Do it slowly Irene, show me everything you've got."

"You mean a full strip?"

"Yes after you've displayed your cunt. Do you shave?"

"Yes."

"Okay take it slowly while I enjoy the show, sipping my drink."

"And then what?"

"We'll get to that later."

Irene was quite good but there was someone who often used to do this same thing for Chess; Irene wasn't as good as AJ although she did have the gumption to kick off her shoes and stand on the table.

When Irene finished and was standing awkwardly as if waiting for something to happen, Chess handed over his glass with a little bit of wine left in it.

"Don't drink it, pour it over your pussy, just a little."

When she'd done that Chess stood and licked her pussy.

Irene placed a hand on his head and said, "Ohmigod, I've waited years for you to do this to me."

She tasted good and Chess went at it slowly to build passion. He know really wanted to screw Irene and thought she looked more seductive than ever before, having gained weight to produce better curves. He grabbed and pressed the lower section of her butt cheeks and squeezed. Irene groaned and pressed forward as if attempting to drive pussy over his head, causing Chess to reach down to unzip to release his rearing dick. Chess knew where Dick thought he was going.

Irene proved to be an energetic fuck and moved her ass and squeezed well, showing her experience and Chess thought she would be enjoying his expertise.

"God it's big," Irene lied and he went for the tits thinking they were the best pair he'd fondled since... Jesus, when would he stop bringing AJ into his thoughts?

At the office Chess had been promoted and now led a team dealing with major companies. He'd settled in well, the apartment was handily placed and that session with Irene the previous night had left him waking that morning with a big smile on his face although she'd long gone from the apartment.

Irene called him during her mid-afternoon break and came straight out with it, with no embarrassment.

"Hi lover... want to fuck again tonight?"

Well what could a fit and healthy guy say? There was only one answer.

Two weeks later Chess proposed to Irene and she just squealed and kissed him very emotionally, her goal almost over. Two months later Chess was home working with Heather on her guest list.

"Now want about AJ, I think we should invite her?"

"Who's AJ?" he snapped, pushing back his chair and saying he was off for a pee.

Later when his mom returned with coffee she sighed, looking down at the list near the bottom and seeing AJ's name had been crossed out. Her son stared at her and she sighed.

"No AJ then?"

"No. What's the point?"

Chess was relieved, suspecting his mom would never bring up AJ's name again. He was partly correct in that assumption. It would be some time before that name would pass Heather's lips again.

* * *

Irene came home one evening greatly excited, the most excited she'd been in recent months. Chess welcomed that because when his wife became excited that usually meant she'd really put energy into good fucking within the next couple of hours or so.

Three hours later Irene said, "Squirt over my face, even my hair tonight. I feel so happy."

Chess was shocked. This was very unlike Irene but then he remembered back when she used to expect him to do that, never complaining.

After they finished he said, "Well since you are to be appointed deputy CEO and told the big job in administration is likely to be yours eventually are we ready to start a family?"

"Aw darling, please stop whining about kids. There's plenty of time. I've only thirty. I've told you thirty-five would be great."

"Until now you've said thirty-three?"

"What are you... a bean counter? I probably meant thirty-five but said thirty-three to get you off my back."

So they argued and Chess spent the rest of that night in the guest bedroom and awoke scowling and went off to work without kissing Irene goodbye. She was in the kitchen probably waiting for him to appear with her apology ready. Oh yeah?

Next day Chess was still hurting about Irene's allegation during their argument that she'd probably be a lousy mother anyway and she denied his charge she didn't want to bear children but later Chess wondered just how convincing that denial had been?

He sighed and returned to design work. His phone went. He was always getting calls... but not like this one.

Grumpily he picked up his phone and forced a smile to put a smile into his voice. He checked the display to see who the caller was and felt his heart almost stop in shock. The caller was AJ. He'd thought he'd removed her details from his phone.

"AJ, Christ it's been so long. How are you?"

"Blooming thank you Chess, and you?"

When AJ cut the call, the cunning bitch leaving his mind in an uproar, Chess pressed his face into his hands and groaned.

Christ.

Well the bitch had always been quick remarkable with her timing. Always.

That night Irene and Chess made up to purge their anger with each other. They went out for dinner and had some great wine and returning home left a trail of clothes from the door to the bedroom.

Chess performed like a champion and Irene said, "Good gracious; you haven't been so good since our honeymoon. I'm awash with semen. You'll be thrilled."

Yeah right and Chess didn't even feel guilty. He'd known during that great fuck he'd kept his eyes closed thinking he was fucking AJ.

Next day was Saturday and Chess and his mother lunched in the city. Irene was leading a day-long advanced training and updating session for section managers.

Heather was in a great mood and obviously pleased he'd invited her out and pleased at his choice of venue.

During a slow down in conversation Chess said, "Mom have you had sexual affairs."

She blushed.

"God Chess that is something a child should never ask parents."

"Yeah so I understand. Dumb rule isn't it?"

His mom had recovered her embarrassment and said it was a very good rule. "God I thought I'd forgotten how to blush."

"Well do I get a proper answer."

"Mind you business Chess."

He grinned and she colored.

He said, watching her, "AJ called me yesterday. Just a social call."

Chess was fascinated to see his mom's face turn ashen.

"Ohmigod. What was your reaction to that?"

Chess became suddenly aware he'd made a bad move. Telling his mom this was almost as bad as telling Irene, no possibly worse. You idiot, he told himself. He had to get out of this topic fast.

"I was stunned initially," he said, and then lied. "She was going through old things and found my phone number so thought she'd give me a call. I thanked her, asked how she was and she said fine. I told her I was happily married and doing well at work. She seemed pleased and that was it. End of call."

"Are you?"

"Am I what?"

"Happily married?"

"Mom what are you talking about. You know I am."

"I don't know that for sure. When are you seeing AJ?"

"What?"

She pressed on ruthlessly with the precision of a surgeon.

"It's why you asked me had I had affairs?"

"You told me to mind my own business. Well this is also my business and I'm telling you nothing is going to happen. Look at me mom. I'll spell it out, N-O-T-H-I-N-G."

"You may be interested to know I don't even have her address."

"Liar and if I'm wrong about that you have her phone number."

"No I don't."

"Liar."

"Mom this is ridiculous. Please stop it and stop it now."

His mom asked for a second glass of wine. Normally she only ever drank one glass of any drink containing alcohol and then only at evenings but not if she was likely to be operating next day and at weekend lunches. She watched in silence as Chess ordered and they both stayed silent and watched the wine waiter return with their new choice of red wine.

Chess cleared his throat to speak but his mom got in first.

"AJ is a person I'll never forget and just those few days she exposed to me the kind of person she was, upfront and no nonsense. She would not have called you about nothing. That is just not like her Is she married?"

"No."

"Has she suggested you two meet?"

"No."

"Why did you ask me for the first time ever had I had affairs."

"For your information I see no connection between the two topics. If you must know I was looking at you and thought if I was a guy at the hospital around your age I'd think you could be a good fuck. Now there, will you please shut up about AJ."

"You slime ball," Heather laughed and added provocatively, "So you are prepared to have sex with your own mother?"

She'd whispered so it was unlikely nearby diners would have heard that but it angered Chess she had twisted his comment like that.