My Life as a Sex Addict Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, well that's good I guess. I don't know how I will make it through the next nine days without you there." Amelia felt the urge to bring up the main issue on her mind, but before she could frame the words Simone continued.

"Look, our lives are going two separate ways, what's nine days anyway. I just think it would be best if we just say our goodbyes now. Please don't call again, it's better this way." Simone hung up the phone.

Once again Amelia was left listening to the humming of the dial-tone. She let the phone drop from her hand and it fell to the floor. She felt as though she had been shot, her arms went numb, her heart beat so mercilessly it broke; at that moment she knew why it was called heart break. Simone made valid points, they were indeed going their separate ways. Amelia would be off at basic training, Simone away at college, what did she expect from Simone? Maybe after some time things would mend, but she had to face the fact that things had changed and would only continue changing. It wasn't as if she could carry on a relationship with her, the military was very clear on it's opinion of homosexuality. They wouldn't even allow her in if they knew what she had already done with Simone. The thought scared her, without the military her options were more than limited, they were non existent. She just had to chalk it up to another lesson learned the hard way.

Amelia had been right about one thing, school was not the same without Simone. She felt like a stranger in a foreign land, but finally the days of trudging through the halls like a zombie were over. Simone hadn't even bothered to show up for graduation, a feeling of complete and total rejection washed over her. How badly must Simone hate her to not even show up for such a once in a lifetime event. With that Amelia knew they would never be friends or secret lovers again, but didn't fully understand why.

After a few days of moping around the house, becoming overwhelmed by sheer boredom, she decided it was time to refocus her attention. She began making calls to her recruiter and spending most of her time at the recruiting station. She filed papers, answered phones, and took messages; it was drudgery really but it was a break from her house, which no longer seemed like her home. Her parents considered her an adult, she was after all, eighteen, a high school graduate, and seemed to have a good head on her shoulders. She came and went as she pleased with little or no questioning. It also offered her a way to meet interesting people, people who were living the life she hoped to be living soon.

Things seemed to be getting better, she had a few months left until she was out of this place, and she couldn't wait. She decided until that day she would stay focused and let nothing distract her. She didn't know what the future held but she knew it had to be better than the past.

12