My Life in a Year Ch. 02

Story Info
Dylan gets to know Stephanie a little better.
2.1k words
4.75
9.1k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/27/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alexis661
Alexis661
67 Followers

January 4th, 2005

Dylan Montgomery stood in front of the Washington monument, a pamphlet in hand. There weren't too many people out in Washington and it seemed to Dylan it was because of the temperature, which was hovering around 30 degrees. He drew his scarf closer around his neck and walked towards the line waiting to get in.

There was a group of school children that to Dylan looked to be about 12 or 13. A harried looking teacher tried in vain to keep order, but the adolescents seemed more interested in each other than in getting an education. Not that Dylan behaved any differently when he was their age.

The tour through the monument took up about 2 hours, and when Dylan reemerged into the cold once again, he glanced at his wristwatch and it told him it was only one in the afternoon. His stomach told him it was time for lunch.

Deciding to be spontaneous, Dylan followed the school group to the local deli, where he waited in line behind the throng of teens. He chuckled to himself as he watched a young boy try and sneak a kiss to his girlfriend behind the teachers back. Ah, to be young again Dylan thought.

Once he got his sandwich and coffee, he wandered back outside into the cold. He found an empty park bench and ate in contented silence. Well, almost.

"Spare some change?" A voice said from behind Dylan.

"Excuse me?"

"Canya spare some change?"

"I, uh, don't carry cash." Dylan turned around slightly and immediately regretted it. The weathered man's face was covered in dirt and grime, a toothless grin barely visible under a ripped scarf and tattered hat.

"Well, howdcha get that samich?" The beggar said, his eyes gleaming.

"I used Visa."

"Figures." The old man threw up his hands and walked around to sit next to Dylan. "Why don't no one use real money anymore?"

"Reward points?" Dylan guessed, moving slightly to the left to make room.

"Let me tell you something! Back in the day, when I was in my prime, I had my own money. Yes sir. My pop owned a candy store!" The man chuckled to himself. "I was the envy of all my friends."

"I bet," Dylan said, glancing at his sandwich, suddenly not feeling so hungry. He re-wrapped it in the wax paper it came in.

"Oh, yes. My momma was a pretty little thing too. My pop doted on her and us kids."

"What happened?" Dylan handed the sandwich over to his new friend.

"Oh, well nothing I didn't bring on myself." The beggar took the paper wrapped sandwich . "Thank ya."

"I know the feeling," Dylan said, genuinely sympathizing.

"Yup. One thing to another, and the next thing I knew, I was here, living in a doorway and pissing on the side of the white house, yes sir."

"Look, can I get you something else?" Dylan asked, handing over his now luke warm coffee.

"Nope. I kindas used to this living," the man said. "But thank you kindly."

"Can I at least buy you something more to eat? Maybe another coffee or something?"

"Naw, man. I justs appreciate you listening to me." He took a swig of the warm drink. "Most peoples don't pay no attention to me, so it's nice to have some conversation."

Dylan stood, feeling awkward to leave the man, knowing that he himself was returning to a warm hotel and a hot meal, while this man would be sleeping on the street. Feeling guilty, he took from his wallet a twenty-dollar bill.

"Here," he said, thrusting the bill into the man's hand. "I hope you find your way."

"I thought you didn't carry no change?" the man said, smiling. "I thank you. I hope you find your way too. Hehaw. Just don't drive so fast getting there. Ain't no rush is this life. No sir."

With no other words Dylan could think to tell the old man, he turned and pulled his coat closer. He trotted over to the curb and flagged a cab down to take back to the hotel. He gave one glance backwards to the bench, but his lunch mate had vanished into the cold January day.

January 5th, 2005

Dylan had a headache. It was one of those pounding headaches that went tap tap tap tap on the brain. The type of headache that never seemed to let up and no matter how much he tried to cover the tap tap tap tap with his pillow, it didn't quit.

His eyes slowly peeled open and the tap tap tap tap didn't seem to go away. Actually, it sounded like a real tapping noise. Like someone knocking. On a door. Sitting up and throwing off the blanket, Dylan listened again for what he thought was a knock. Yes, there it was again. It was a knock.

He padded to the door, his boxers hanging on his hips and his bed head hair sticking up. He was half asleep and didn't like being woke so goddamn early. "Yes?" He said, through the door, leaning on it for support.

"Dylan?"

"Yes? What do you want?" Dylan wanted to go back to bed. He squinted at his watch. It still had to be like - "eleven!"

"Eleven what?" The voice from the other side of the door said.

"Eleven in the morning!"

"yeah, that's why I'm here. Can I come in?"

Dylan peered through the peep hole and smiled. Well, well. He opened the door and stood next to it, a hand on his hip. "How come you're not working downstairs?"

Stephanie pushed past Dylan and took off her coat, throwing it on the chair and sitting down. "I do have a life you know, and for some reason, I felt sorry for you yesterday and thought that I might play tour guide for the day. But, it looks like you are not ready for me, so I think I should just go and do my own thing." She gathered her coat and headed towards the door.

"No, wait!" Dylan called. "I mean, if I had known you were going to be here, I would have been dressed. And showered. Damn, I stink!"

"Well, that's attractive," Stephanie said. "I suppose I could wait if you wanted to take a shower."

"I promise, I'll be like 10 minutes, tops," he said, heading towards the bathroom.

"Yep." Stephanie had turned on the TV and was watching CNBC, her jean cladding legs crossed. She could hear the shower running and although she wanted to be disinterested in one Mr. Dylan whatever his last name was, she raised an eyebrow at his off key singing.

As promised, he came out of the shower within 10 minutes, but was only in a towel, wrapped loosely around his waist. "Don't turn around if you don't want to be scared," he joked.

Without so much as turning her head, she deflated his ego by saying, "trust me, I don't scare." A smile played on her lips at his silent pause and then the sound of him rummaging through his suitcase.

"So, what are we going to do today?" Dylan asked, sitting on the bed to put on his shoes.

"Well, I figure you got enough of DC yesterday, so I thought maybe a trip to Baltimore might be fun. We can go to the Aquarium or the Science Center."

"Sounds good. Can I drive?"

"Yeah, and run the risk of you driving to me some secluded woods, raping me and then murdering me?"

Dylan shot back with a joke. "Yeah, and who's to say you don't plan on doing the same thing?" It was a standoff, but they both broke into peels of laughter.

"So, are you ready?" Stephanie asked.

"Yep. Lets go."

It only took about an hour to get to Baltimore, and Dylan was glad Stephanie was driving. He got lost before they even got onto 95. Her red Jetta sped north, and conversation between them was playful, fun and entertaining.

Once into Baltimore, Stephanie parked in one of the pay garages and they walked a few blocks to the Harbor. Dylan felt like one of the kids he saw the day before, and pointed out and talked about everything he saw. Stephanie delighted in his childlike ways.

"Your mom must have had her hands full with you," she said after Dylan performed a cartwheel in front of the Ferry Launch.

"My mom handled me just fine," Dylan said, making silly faces. "She never brought me down here before though."

"Well, lets start with the Aquarium," she said, linking her arm through his. Her puffy jacket made it difficult for Dylan to be really close to her, but he was genuinely enjoying her company. He was glad she offered to take him out.

After the Aquarium the made their way over to the Science Center. "This is my favorite place," Stephanie said, a light in her eyes. "They have this thing called an IMAX which shows movies on a 15 story screen or something."

The feature of the day was The Lion King and although Dylan thought it was a little young for them, Stephanie talked him into it. "Come on. It'll be fun."

After paying the admission for the Center and the IMAX, Dylan and Stephanie made their way to the auditorium, choosing seats right in the middle. After a school group of screaming kids came in and settled down, the lights went low and the opening credits came on.

About half way through the animated cartoon, Stephanie linked her arm through Dylan's and leaned her head on his shoulder. It was weird, but to Dylan it seemed natural and relaxed. It felt as if it was the right thing to do and he smiled, slipping lower in his seat to accommodate her head.

When the film was over, Dylan opened his eyes as the lights were coming on. He stifled a yawn and smiled at Stephanie.

"You weren't sleeping, were you?" She accused.

"Me? Oh no. It was a great cartoon."

"Its more than a cartoon," she said as they walked from the theater. "Its an animated classic."

"If you say so," Dylan scoffed playfully.

By now it was going into night, almost 7 by Dylan's watch, and his stomach reminded him that they hadn't eaten all day. The debated over the dinner venue, and decided on McCormick and Schmidt's, a seafood restaurant across from the harbor.

Two hours later, both Dylan and Stephanie were stuffed to the gills, happily contented with full stomachs and a slight buzz from the bottle of wine they had shared. Over a shared dessert, Dylan thanked her.

"I really had a wonderful time today, Steph," he said, sipping his coffee. "I honestly didn't think you'd talk to me after breakfast yesterday morning."

"Well, I didn't think I would either," she confessed. "But, you were funny and cute and seemed kinda lonely. Plus, I didn't have anything better to do today." She smiled.

"Good to know that I can come in handy as a backup plan," Dylan chided. They both laughed and Dylan signaled for the check. Once back in Stephanie's car, they rode back to the hotel in comfortable silence, listening to an oldies station on the radio.

When they got to the hotel, Stephanie parked, but didn't turn off the engine.

"Do you want to come up?" Dylan asked, glancing sideways at Stephanie.

"Why don't we leave today as it is?" She said, deflating him a little. She continued. "I just think that today was a great day and I had a lot of fun with you. I just don't know you, you know?" She laughed lightly.

"I understand," Dylan said, reaching for the door handle of the Jetta. "I had fun today too. Thank you and see you at breakfast tomorrow." He was about to get out of the car when Stephanie grabbed his arm.

"Wait."

"Yes?" He asked expectantly.

"Will a kiss do?" She smiled at his expression.

"A kiss would do very well." With that, he leaned over the middle console and pressed his warm lips to hers. She parted for him, darting her tongue into his mouth, shocking Dylan. He played back, gently rotating her head in his hands, pulling her closer to him.

After several minutes, Dylan pulled away, gasping. "Wow."

"Yeah. Wow." Stephanie repeated.

"I gotta get upstairs before that woods theory comes true," Dylan said with laughter. "I don't want to be taken advantage of by you."

"Get out!" Stephanie said, shoving him playfully out the door, laughing a deep sensual laugh. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Good night." Dylan waved as he stood in the cold outside his hotel as Stephanie drove away. The cold air wasn't cold enough to deplete the hard on pulsing in Dylan's jeans. He groaned and headed up to his room.

Alexis661
Alexis661
67 Followers