My Life is You Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was another thing he enjoyed too that this trip would accomplish. He enjoyed being in Seth's company. He especially enjoyed it when they were together just to be together. His body thrilled to the touches they shared when working, but then he had to concentrate not to let that become obvious. When they were just together, not touching, just talking or being silent, he could play a game with himself. Dillon could pretend that Seth was with him because he wanted to be, not because he was paid to be.

When they arrived at the park, Seth led Dillon to a park bench near the playground. School hadn't been let out for the day, so there were only children too young to attend school playing under the watchful eye of their parents and babysitters. They shrieked with delight and cried when they fell. Dillon loved all the sounds.

He and Seth sat there for about an hour. They rarely said anything. Dillon didn't know what Seth was watching, but it didn't matter. Dillon was seeing it all in his mind. He missed his sight, but in that moment he thanked the Lord that he'd at least had it at some point. Now, listening, smelling, and feeling could all bring back the visions for him to enjoy.

Finally, though, they had to leave. They had skipped the morning physical therapy session so that Dillon could see his doctor, but missing the afternoon one just wouldn't work.

Dillon started when he heard the doorbell ring. It was an unusual sound, one that had rarely happened since the accident. Turning off his stereo, he rose to his feet and grabbed his cane. Counting carefully, he moved four steps forward from his chair before turning to the left and walking another five steps. He then turned to the right and proceeded three steps before holding out his hand. The door should be directly in front of him and only two steps away, but he wasn't taking any chances.

Once he walked out into the hall, he clearly heard voices floating up the stairs. They were all deep, masculine voices, raised in cheerful tones. Walking as close to the stairs as he dared, Dillon began to pick out individual voices. Jeremy's deep bass was easily identifiable. Another friend, Dave, had a smoky voice that used to send shivers down Dillon's spine. He also detected the very precise tones of Carter. What were they all doing here?

The next thing he heard was someone bounding up the stairs. Dillon took a precautionary step back, not wanting whoever it was to bowl him over.

"Well, if it isn't the man of the hour!" Dave exclaimed. "Glad to see you up and moving D!"

Dave often spoke in exclamations. He was very enthusiastic about almost everything he did. Dillon usually loved that trait in him. Every once in a while, though, he found it exhausting.

Dillon found himself crushed against Dave in an exuberant hug. Dave must have found some restraint, though, because he didn't compress Dillon's ribs until they creaked this time.

"You really look great, Dillon, but you're dressed all wrong!" Dave continued as he stepped back. "I'll help you though. We'll have you ready in not time flat!"

"Ready for what?" Dillon asked, confusion filling his voice. He hadn't even managed to say hello to Dave, but that was nothing new. Usually a person didn't manage to jump into Dave's conversations until they were well beyond the 'Hello' portion.

"It's Friday, and we're taking you out on the town!" Dave answered excitedly as he steered Dillon back toward his bedroom. "We have it all planned! We're going to head over to Fantasia and ogle men. They have Kickback playing there tonight and you know that band rocks."

"Um, I can't ogle men," Dillon said. His objection actually had very little to do with his lack of sight, though. In reality, he was just nervous about the idea of going out. He hadn't been to a club or even a restaurant since the accident. His trip to the park the day before was his first real outing in a very long time.

"Don't worry! I'll ogle 'em for you and just let you know what my eyes are eating! Now, I think you should wear your maroon shirt. The one with the military shoulders. It always looks so hot on you!"

Before he really understood what was happening, Dillon found himself changed and being slowly helped down the stairs. Dave kept up a running commentary as Dillon took his time, making sure to find each tread with his foot before proceeding.

When they entered the living room, Dillon found himself surrounded by Jeremy and Carter. They took turns hugging him and telling him how great he looked before asking if he was up for a great evening. Dillon considered saying no, considered objecting to the idea of going out, but the tense silence told him that was what they expected. He knew he'd have to go out sooner or later, so maybe he should start now.

"Sure, it sounds great!" Dillon's voice was falsely enthusiastic, but it was the best he could do.

As Dillon was led out the door, Seth came forward and handed him a jacket. "Would you like to come too?" Dillon asked him, hoping that he would say yes. Seth declined, though, and Dillon found himself sitting in the front seat of Carter's BMW, heading toward Fantasia.

12