My Little Ventrue Pt. 02 Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sire."

"Damien. You seem anxious." Lucas cast a warm glance his way, and moved toward the altar the room held. A large table covered in expensive fabrics, ornaments, sacraments, and symbols rested against the back wall, and what little light the room held was pointed to it. Lucas stood by the altar, and with patience removed the necklace he wore and placed it within a chalice to join the other symbols.

"Sire, I have news! It is about the sheriff."

"Oh?" That got his attention.

"I knew I recognized Natasha from somewhere. The way she moved, acted, it all itched at the back of my mind. But today I observed a conversation between her, and the sheriff."

Lucas put his fingers to his chin, but nodded and waited.

"And the way they moved, the way they looked at each other, it was clear, sire. Sheriff Daniel is the girl's sire."

Lucas's eyes went wide, his small grin grew large, and before long a boisterous laugh escaped him. "Truly? Bishop Damien, I could not have picked a better childe before my torpor." He walked forward, wrapped his robbed arms around Damien, and gave him a hug.

Damien froze. A hug? He'd never felt such a thing from his sire, not since being embraced. It felt... strange. When Lucas pulled away and chuckled all the more, Damien tilted his head to the side and watched his sire. Something was strange. His sire didn't laugh like that normally.

"I will visit Maria then, and she will deliver the girl to us," Lucas said, and he turned with a sweeping gesture around the room. The walls were covered in hanging drapes, each with a woven image of scenes from the bible. Jesus on the cross. Job and the tortures he suffered. The ninth circle of hell, with Satan frozen and trapped within. In Satan's hands he held Brutus and Cassius, and in his mouth he chewed and tore into Judas Iscariot.

Traitors.

"You believe... Maria will betray Natasha to us?"

"We have no intention of ending the girl's second life, and Maria Turio's faith will steel her resolve."

"What will we do once Natasha is ours, without fear of Invictus anger?"

"But one piece of the puzzle, Bishop. She will be how we disarm the Prince's guard. Two remain: to arm ourselves with a shield, and a weapon."

"Shield and weapon, sire?"

"The weapon, I have." He motioned to one of the ornaments by the altar. A sword. A ridiculous antique of a weapon that must have been well over a thousand years old. Maybe two-thousand. Rust, dust, dents, scrapes, it certainly looked like no weapon with its ornamental design.

And then Lucas turned around, and walked up to Damien with enough necessity and power in his eyes that the Bishop found himself taking a step back. Lucas put both his hands on his shoulders though, and squeezed tight, hard enough to hurt.

"The shield though, Damien, the shield will be flesh, and ash!"