My Magazine Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You know, I've never known you to carry on like you did this morning," Snowy said. "You were so odd, behaving like a teenager on speed. Actually, other than pushing me into the pool, you were hilarious."

"Well, it was time I cut loose. Everyone seems to think that I'm so cool and always in command - but that's on the surface. I occasionally suffer stress and I worry at times, and my confidence dips. That's why I have Rhonda at my side - she reacts on me like a nurse, giving me an injection of all-day hype."

"Are you and Rhonda ... well, you know?"

"Good heavens no. You've seen Rhonda, she's almost young enough to be my daughter and she'd so sensual and full of vitality. Men just adore her and she takes full advantage of that."

"Then are you getting your share?"

"Snowy that's an improper question."

"Well are you?"

"I have an image to keep intact, so these days I limit myself to such activity when I'm out of town."

"And these days you are practically never away?"

"Sadly yes. But come on, that's enough about me. When's the baby due?"

"She's not even showing yet. I'm surprised that you were told."

"Gracie said nothing to me, but she's putting on weight and has that certain smile, though what put me on to it was her standing and listening to us talking the other day. She raised her hand to her stomach occasionally and the action was very affectionate. Hello, I thought."

"She told me that night and said it's due early next spring. Would you become our baby's godmother?"

"What a lovely thing to ask me Snowy, but I am sure there are other more worthy people to consider for that role."

"Funny you should mention that word role Jenni. The reason why I sounding you out is deep-seated: I've know you a long time, long enough to know that even into old age you will be a fabulous role model for our child."

"Oh Snowy you can be such a charmer. Yes if Gracie agrees I'll be delighted to accept that honour."

"Then it's good as done. Actually it was Gracie's suggestion. Sorry I didn't indicate that earlier; I thought I should to drop you into it slowly."

"No wonder you're good at your job Snowy. An integral part of advertising is subliminal deception."

"I'll really spoil my godchild, teaching her girlie things."

"There's a fifty per cent chance, perhaps greater, that it will be a boy."

"I want a girl Snowy; it will be a girl."

He said, "I'll be happy with what you - I mean what we get."

"When back at Zephyr I'll toss as much work to your agency as I can but still spreading some of it around."

"I know you will Jenni and that's what made me decide to give up a day to be at your side."

"You cur Snowy. I thought you did it out of respect and adoration."

"To avoid being deceptive Jenni, those where the main reasons why I decided to join you; it's what good pals do."

Jenni sighed, and snuggled in against his shoulder.

"I should have married you Snowy."

"I know."

At the London Heliport Jenni made a phone call.

"Hell fancy you calling me. This is peak time for us; I can only give you a minute," replied the person she called.

"Mace phone Lady Barcote right now and ask if she'd given any interviews recently. That is to confirm what I'm going to tell you. You are such a sweet chap that I am giving this tip off only to you, so make sure it gets full treatment."

"I interviewed her extensively the other day, and she really opened up. Can't say a word what she said, or to even give a hint. Lady Barcote and I have agreement on that. But it's a frank interview with a woman who confesses she'd had her heart ripped open. But she kept her dignity and poise throughout. She's a sweet lady Mace. We will have pictures with our article."

"But Jenni it will be a dead duck by the time you next issue comes out."

"You assume too much Mace. Our story will hit the newsstands at any day now. Must go, I'm flat out. Bye."

For a moment Mace stood there looking at his mobile phone.

"Step on it Mace, only an hour to go," barked Basil the acting boss of the newsroom. "I want that story on the damage to the statute in the flower gardens outside the Town Hall pronto."

"Shove that story Bas. I've just been given an article to go straight after the lead. There's no tape but get someone to get a sad photo of Lady Alice Barcode and a smirking pic if we have it of that Jenni Giles. She's up to no good again!"

Mace starting writing his article, really hyped up. Basil came and looked over his shoulder.

"Holy smoke - that dame's Wonder Woman. She's outmanoeuvred us all again!"

"Yeah Bas; she's almost smarter than smart. She'd asked me to do a couple of demo tapes for her - I'll get right on to that in the morning."

"I reckon we would have a film crew outside a bookshop as soon as we hear the mags on sale. How she'd got a magazine out in such a short term is a mystery. They must have planned it all along."

The lead on the evening's news bulletin at 6:00 was about a cross-channel ferry colliding with and almost sinking a semi-submerged Russian submarine. A couple of follow-up items on that incident were broadcast and then Mace Matthews came on screen.

Tonight I break an exclusive story on that remarkable magazine journalist and publisher Jenni Giles - that's her picture behind me. I happened to run into Jenni late this afternoon and she'd told me that she interviewed Lady Barcote earlier this week.

Lady Barcote - pictured behind me - apparently has opened up her heart about her husband's infidelity but has spoken exclusively to Jenni. Shortly before coming on air I confirmed this with Lady Barcote herself.

Jenni Giles won't say when the interview will be published. I assumed it would be in her next scheduled magazine, but publication apparently is being brought forward. Asked to be more specific, all she would say was any day now. Well, that can be any time.

That's all from award winning journalist, Mace Matthews.

Thirty seconds later the calls began coming in. Within minutes callers were lining up waiting to be put through to someone. It was as if the television station was under siege.

Soon a news ticker message was running along the bottom of every news item being broadcast: 'This stations regrets it has no further information about the earlier than expected publication of My Magazine. It is suggested you phone this number...'

Jenni watching the broadcast and reading that message dived for her phone and switched it off. The bastard Mace had given the whole country her unlisted mobile phone number that she'd given him in confidence.

She grinned. Mace was attempting to show her he was top dog.

More Coming