My Marriage Mistake

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,716 Followers

"Randy, you were shot three times. One bullet missed your heart by just millimeters. You have lost a lot of blood and have been in a coma for almost a week. It was a close call whether you would pull through or not. Good thing you are in good physical health or you wouldn't have pulled through."

"Where's June? Who shot me?" I asked.

"I don't know the lady you're speaking of, and as far as who shot you, the police are still investigating the shooting. You were the only one that was shot. Now you need to rest if you are to get better. I'm going to give you something to make you sleep and you can talk to your family later. Right now you need to sleep." He gave me a shot and I was out like a light.

I woke up the next morning with my mom by my side. "Mom, I need answers. I need to know what happened. I think a guy named Chuck or one of his friends shot me. I need to talk to June; she was with me at the time. Have you seen her? I asked.

"Randy, you need to take it easy. I'll tell you all I know. A young lady was here with you when you were checked in. I didn't know her name; it might have been June. You can ask Barb later. She talked to her. The woman was really frightened, but as soon as our family showed up, she left. We haven't seen her since you were admitted. Someone from our family has been here all day and all night. There have been a number of calls asking about you every day. I honestly don't know if she has been one of the calls or not."

"What are the doctors saying, mom?" I knew my mom would tell me the truth.

"They didn't think you were going to make it. The lady you call June stuffed you in your car, bloody and all and rushed you to the hospital. She held her jacket against your chest to help slow the bleeding. She wouldn't wait for an ambulance. Good thing too. According to the doctors, if you would have lost another pint of blood, you wouldn't have made it. So, I guess this unknown woman saved your life."

The doctors came in smiling. "Randy, it looks like you're going to live. In fact you're improving almost by the hour. You should be able to leave the hospital in about a week. Do you feel up to talking to the police? They're out here waiting to speak to you."

"Sure, I'll talk to them but I must talk to Barb first. Please ask her to come in."

Barb and Brenda came in together. "Hey, Bro, how are you doing? You scared the living shit out of us," as they started crying.

It brought tears to my eyes knowing my sisters were crying for me. "Will you two stop that crying? I'm not dead yet."

"It's just that we love you so much, big brother, and we were worried sick."

"Barb, mom said you talked to June. What can you tell me?"

"Well, she was totally covered with your blood and was in the waiting room when we arrived. She told me that you were shot and probably wouldn't live. She was crying the whole time. She said that if you ever woke up to tell you that she was so sorry, and that she loved you. Who is she, Randy? Isn't she the woman we saw whose son was in an accident that day?"

"Yes, that was her. We were on a date. She was kind of special to me. No one has seen her since the shooting?"

"No, the police took her aside and talked to her for a while but she never came back. We thought we would try and locate her but wanted to talk to you first. Of course you were too busy sleeping for a week," Brenda laughed.

"Thanks for being here and caring for me. I couldn't ask for two better sisters. The police are probably getting jittery. Better send them in. I have questions for them also."

My sisters kissed me and as they walked out two uniformed officers walked in. "Mr Rhine, we won't beat around the bush. We found out that you are a very important person and we don't just mean the trucking business. We have a lot of the answers to what happened and will tell you everything we know, but you need to tell us everything you remember first," requested the officer.

"Things are still a little foggy but I'll do the best I can. I was out with a friend."

"Is that friend June Ross, Mr Rhine?"

"Yes, it was. We were dancing and I had to use the men's room and when I came back, Chuck Woody was arguing with her. I remember throwing him out of the bar. June was upset about something and asked to leave. As we were leaving, I was jumped by, I think, three guys. It all happened so fast. I thought I heard June scream and everyone in the bar must have joined the melee. I thought I heard a gun being fired and the next thing I know was I woke up here yesterday."

"Anything else, do you remember anything else at all?"

"I'm sorry, officer ... wait, as we were walking out the door June said she had something to tell me. She didn't get a chance to tell me before I got jumped. Now, are you going to let me in on what's going on?"

"Mr. Rhine, you were shot three times at close range with a small caliber weapon. We have the weapon. It was left at the scene of the shooting. We're not sure who fired it but it was registered to a J. Ross."

"June shot me? No, that's not possible; no she wouldn't do that to me. I know her too well..."

"Mr. Rhine, it was J. Arthur Ross. June's ex husband. According to June's statement he came by their house a couple of days ago and demanded money. He told her that Chuck Woody had gotten hold of him and told him that she was now rich or soon would be. She told us that you might be but she isn't. We figure that is probably what she wanted to tell you before you got jumped. We think she now feels responsible for your being shot. If you wouldn't have gotten involved with her, none of this would have happened. The truth is she saved your life. Your heart stopped beating twice when you were first admitted. You had just lost too much blood."

"Did you catch this Ross guy and the Woody fellow? I don't want them going after June or her family."

"That won't happen, Mr. Rhine. You see, they both showed up dead yesterday. The third man involved came to us for protection. He received a call stating he was next. He was told where the other two were killed and he could go there to verify it. He called us instead. His name is Jason Alexander. Have you ever heard of him?

"No, I think there's an actor by that name but I don't know him."

"Here's our dilemma Mr. Rhine. Very few people know about this killing. The two men's hands and feet were tied and their bodies were both put in the back of a stolen van. The van was pushed into Lake Erie. They were alive when the van entered the water. Of course it took awhile for them to drown. We have zero clues. It looked like it was done professionally. Is there anything you can tell us who might have done this?"

"Gentlemen, I have absolutely no clues. I honestly can't say I'm sorry. At least the tax payers don't have to pay for their room and board for the next twenty years. What about this Alexander guy. Does he know anything?"

"No, he came to town with Ross but is just a follower. We have assault charges pending on him but he wasn't aware of the gun so we're not sure what we'll do with him. If you hear anything, please call us and, if you will, please keep the murders under wraps. We haven't even told the press yet."

The officers left and I began thinking. I had a slight idea who might be responsible but I sure wouldn't turn anyone in who did that for me. I had to get word to June. She must feel responsible for my being shot. I asked for my brother Joe and he came into my room."

"Hi, Randy. Damn, what a sight for sore eyes." Even my little brother's eyes were tearing up. "You really had us worried, bro."

"Joe, I need a favor from you."

"Anything, Randy, you're my big brother. I always listen to you," he laughed.

"Joe, I need you to go see June. It's the woman who brought me to the hospital. Joe, don't tell our sisters but I'm in love with her. So you know, she holds herself responsible for my being shot."

I went on to explain about her ex-husband and Chuck. I didn't tell him they were killed, but I did tell him they were caught.

"Joe, you bring her to me even if you have to kidnap her. By the way, buy a professional football and sign it for her son. He wants to be a linebacker in school."

"Anything for you Randy. I'm glad I can return a small favor for all you've done for me. I'll go get her today."

Chapter 4

I'm Joe, Randy's younger brother. For our whole life Randy sacrificed for us. He was almost like a dad even though there was only a few years between us. He always protected us. He doesn't know that the twins and I know that he has a lot of power. When he snaps his fingers, a lot of people jump. He got jobs for everyone we know. Good jobs too. He never threw it in anyone's face. I guess you could say he was my hero. We all knew he made a mistake when he married that really young girl, but we also knew he would protect himself.

I remember telling my wife when she brought up Shelby, "Leave Randy alone. So he gets some pussy from a young chick, big fucking deal." Kathy, my wife didn't speak to me for a week, but she knew I was right.

I stopped by the sports store and picked up a football and an autograph type pen. I wondered if this kid had any idea I even played ball. I found the house and this teenage boy came to the door.

"Can I help you?" he asked.

"Are you Barry Ross?" I asked.

"Yes, sir, what can I do for you?"

"I was told to drop off this football to you and to autograph it. My brother sent me here." I took out the pen and wrote on the ball, "To Barry Ross, from Joe Rhine, good luck in your football career."

Barry looked at the autograph, "You're Joe Rhine, the all state linebacker? When I was just a tiny kid I heard about how good you were. I watched tapes of your games. You're the reason I became a linebacker. Is Randy your brother?"

Right then a beautiful lady came up behind Berry. "Who is it, Barry?"

"Mom, it Randy's brother. He's Joe Rhine, the all state linebacker from the championship team about eighteen years ago. His picture is posted in the school and in the college hall of fame."

The woman looked nervous, "How's Randy? I called the hospital and they said he was out of the coma."

"I take it you're June. Randy has asked for you ever since he woke up. He wants to see you."

"I can't go. I'm responsible for..."

"Saving his life. That's what you are responsible for. If you would have waited for an ambulance he would have died. Now, June, I'm only going to say this once so please listen. Randy is my big brother and I'd do anything for him. He told me to come and get you and to bring you to the hospital immediately. He also told me he is in love with you. He has never told me that about another woman in my entire life. Are you coming with me or do I have to kidnap you?"

June was crying. "Please give me a moment to freshen up. I don't want him to see me like this. Please come in while I change."

I went in and talked to Barry about the State team and why I didn't go pro. I had broken my leg in my senior year at college and decided not to play ball for a living.

June came into the room. She looked beautiful. I could see immediately what Randy saw in her. I took her back to the hospital and past everyone waiting to see Randy. When I walked by Barb and Brenda, they knew just like I did that this was Randy's woman.

-----------

I looked up and there stood June. She was crying as she came to me.

"Randy, I didn't get a chance to tell you about my ex being in town. I'm so sorry; you know I've always loved you. I just couldn't bear to see you in that coma which I felt I caused. I prayed for you every day. I called about every four hours hoping you would come out of it. God, I missed you so much."

"I will be out in about a week. I have a problem. The doctor told me I should have someone around in the evenings. Do you think you would be able to stop by once in a while?"

"I'll be there every night if you need me."

"In that case, maybe we better get married. If you stay at my house, I want you in my bed. Do you have any problem being Mrs. Randy Rhine?"

"No problem at all."

She did stop by every evening after work to see me for a few hours. I was doing fine. I started going back to therapy and was building my muscles back to normal.

We actually got married about three months later.

June said her kids were happy for us. They would all be moving into my house. Kayla would come by with June as they made the house woman-friendly. When they decorated it, I couldn't believe how much nicer it looked. It was no longer a house. It was becoming a home.

We went over to Brenda's husband's birthday party. Of course June, Barry and Kayla all came too. Everyone was swimming and having a great time. My sisters loved June. They came up to me and told me to propose to her in front of the whole family. I told them I already proposed but they told me that wasn't a proposal. It was more of a death bed confession.

June didn't get in the water but she was standing by the side of the pool in her bathing suit. It was a one piece but she looked great. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her.

"Randy, what are you doing. You better not throw me in." She grabbed me around the neck. "If I go it, you'll be going in with me," and she held on to by neck for dear life.

I picked her up in my arms. She still had her arms around my neck. "Randy, your heart, better put me down."

"June, my heart has never felt better. With my whole family as my witness, will you become my wife, till death do us part?"

"I will, God, I will." She started crying as I jumped into the water while holding on to her. When we bobbed to the surface, I kissed her and held her tight. Everyone was clapping and shouting. Barry said, "Way to go, Randy. Way to go, Mom."

The story finally came out in the newspapers about Chuck and J. Ross. It was a little hard on Kayla and Berry. Their father whom they hardly knew tried to kill me. We talked with the kids and told them if they needed therapy or someone to talk to, to let us know. The police never found out who killed the two men.

Our wedding was a humongous affair. The presidents of every company in town attended. The relatives came out of the wood work. I told June that we were millionaires. She ended up quitting her job and worked as my secretary. We traveled often and ended up buying a bigger house. I considered Kayla and Barry as my kids. Sometimes they called me dad, other times Randy. I let it be their choice.

I signed a pre-nuptial agreement with June. She didn't even want to read it, she just signed it. It was really a simple agreement. If she left me for any reason, she would get five million dollars. We both were sure we would never have to use that agreement.

At the wedding my friend Bruce was in charge over security for the wedding. He came up to me and said, "Congratulations, sir. I wish you and the missus the best life possible."

I handed him a briefcase and an envelope containing one of my gold cards, saying 'Thank You' along with one hundred thousand dollars. "Bruce, you are a true friend."

On our wedding night, I took June back to the Holiday Inn, room 704. I slowly disrobed her and began kissing her whole body. We made love over and over that night. In the morning, I came out of the shower and saw June crying. She was crying for joy. On the night stand I had left her a check; along with one of my gold cards. On it I wrote, "To my loving wife on our wedding night. Here is my wedding present to you, for your first shopping trip as Mrs. Rhine." Love always Randy.

The check was for a half million dollars. I wanted her to know she really was always worth it.

*

Thank you for reading my story

Comments always welcome

DG Hear.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,716 Followers