My Neighbor's Keeper Ch. 01

Story Info
Alone in new house, Ben's Neighbors set him on a new date.
6.5k words
4.46
39.2k
34
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story has been edited since first posted. Thanks to feedback it was revised and fixed.

******

The Florida sun had begun to peak over the nearby houses as I pushed the lawnmower as fast as it could go. My headphones were blaring Led Zeppelin and the sweat beaded on my brow from both the exertion and typical Florida humidity. After having been at it for a half an hour, I was nearly finished. I was hoping I'd be able to fit in my morning run before the heat set in for the day.

The first lesson you learn about living in Florida during the summertime is that mowing your lawn needed to be done at the crack of dawn or at night after the sun went down. Temps average above a hundred degrees and the humidity over seventy-five percent all the time. It is amazing life exists here at all, considering how it feels like mother nature's goal is to kill you with the heat. Air Conditioning is not just a luxury here. It's the only way you don't die.

After too many snowy winters I bought a house in what I lovingly call the land of cul-de-sacs. I was one of the lucky few that could do my job from anywhere as long as I had an internet connection. So along with my girlfriend Sara and her son Ricky, we packed it up for the magical land of no snow. The last few winters we experienced had been with snow accumulations over sixty inches by spring. I had reached my breaking point for snow.

What I hadn't anticipated was that Sara's ex and baby daddy would follow us in an attempt to win her back. They had split up a few years back but apparently, distance made the heart grow fonder. Now I owned a decent sized three bedroom ranch with a pool all alone. Not something anyone could have foreseen especially me. She used the excuse that she felt she owed the loser another chance so Ricky got grow up with his father in his life. I wasn't happy about it but I let her go without a real fight. If she wanted to move back north with the ex then I was not going to argue. I only told her to make sure it was what she wanted. I told her if she left she could never come back. I was not going to be the fallback plan should Sir Douchebag return to his douchiness. That had been six months ago and I hadn't heard from her since the moving truck drove off. I mean I should have been more upset. We only had the whole conversation about her leaving only a day or two before she left. I had been blindsided by her betrayal. Instead of being angry, I just got depressed.

The whole situation had made me a bit of a shut-in. Since I worked from home, I did my running or mowing at the crack of dawn and my shopping late at night. If neighbors didn't know any better they might think a vampire or serial killer had moved in. I was pretty sure that I was the talk of the neighborhood. Most had lived here for decades so the lone single guy who moved in a year ago with a woman and now lived alone was all the gossip. At least that was what their looks told me. I was expecting any day now that one of the local old ladies would be trying to set me up with their granddaughters.

It also didn't help for my mood either that I didn't know anyone here. That made my self imposed isolation effortless. My neighbors were all in their sixties or older which did not give us a lot to talk about except the weather or sports. Correction, all were over sixty but one. Tim next door was in his late 60s or early 70s but his wife Vanessa had to be around my age. That put her at her early 30s. She was also absolutely gorgeous. Most of the men in the cul de sac seemed to have ogled her wearing her workout clothes at one point or another. Vanessa was a petite blonde with a curvy butt and decent bust. I had no idea how Tim, who was a decent looking retiree, landed her. She didn't seem like a gold digger, which is what all men first think with older men and much younger women. From the few conversations I had with Tim, he indicated he was a retired college professor who still taught a few classes occasionally at the local community college. He was not the super wealthy type for a gold digger. I was not sure what his wife did for work but she dressed really nice for it.

As I rounded the palm tree in one corner of the yard I saw Tim stand at the other end of the yard. He was trying to flag me down by waving his arms up and down. The best I can describe Tim was that he reminded me of what I expected your typical ex-hippy professor to look like. Gray hair pulled back into a ponytail. A Hawaiian shirt and a pair of jeans cut into shorts. No beard but he usually sported what looked like a day or two of scruff. I cut the power to the mower and walked over to see what was up.

"Ben, I was wondering if you could do me a favor?", he shouted as I approached.

"Sure, man. What's up?" I said offering him my hand.

"Do you have any spare gas? I am about five min to ten min from finishing my lawn and I just ran out," he asked shaking my hand neighborly.

"No problem. I got one more pass with my mower and I will bring over the gas can before I go on my run."

"I really appreciate it. I was going to fill my gas can yesterday but forgot."

"Don't mention it," I said, "Just let me go finish up."

He gave me a thumbs up and I ran back to my mower. In about two minutes, I was done and putting the mower away. I walked over to Tim's garage with my half-full gas can. As I did, Vanessa ran up beside me on her way back from her jog. I tried very hard not to stare.

"Did my foolish husband hit you up for gas?" she asked smiling at me while rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, but I don't mind. I just filled up last night because I was out too," I replied smiling back.

Vanessa was wearing a pair of black with baby blue trim ultra short jogging shorts that squeezed her ass, along with a matching tank top and headband. Her shoulder length blonde hair was pulled back in a ponytail. She looked like the poster child for a yoga class.

"So Tim and I have been wanting to ask but we didn't want to pry. What happened to your wife and son?" she asked as we walked up the driveway into the garage.

"Vanessa!" shouted Tim from the garage as he came out to meet us. "Leave Ben alone. It's none of our business."

"No harm in asking babe," she said winking at her husband. "I just know a woman who might be interested if Ben is looking."

"It's ok, Tim," I said trying not to laugh. "I have been suspecting that most of the neighborhood has been gossiping for months now. And no, I am not interested in a girlfriend."

"Of course we have been gossiping!" chimed Vanessa as she kissed Tim on the cheek. "But the person I have in mind doesn't want a boyfriend either."

"I appreciate the offer but I'm not interested right now. Also to clear up any gossip, Sara wasn't my wife," I said directly. "Just my girlfriend and Ricky wasn't my kid."

"So what happened?" Vanessa asked. "You guys looked pretty cute together."

"After we moved here for few months, Ricky's dad started calling more. Usually, it was to talk to his son, I thought. What I found out about a week before Sara left was that she had gotten homesick. The ex promised if she left and moved back with him it would all be better. I literally found out she was leaving while he was driving a truck down to get her stuff."

"Wow that is harsh," Tim said.

"She didn't even tell you she was leaving?" Vanessa asked.

"Nope. Sara was one of those avoid conflict kinda people. I thought we were past that with each other. I felt like she could tell me anything. As you can see, I was wrong."

"I get that but damn. She didn't tell you she was homesick?" Vanessa asked as she kicked off her running shoes.

"Not a word. I think it had to do with the fact that moving to Florida had been her idea. I suspect she was worried that I would be mad."

"Well if that is how she handles stuff then I feel safe to say your better off without her," Tim said filling up his mower. "Communication is key in all relationships. No one is a mind reader."

"Very true. I am probably better off. Just made me a bit jaded that's all," I told them honestly.

"Honey, don't you have an appointment in twenty minutes?" Tim asked Vanessa while looking at his watch.

"Shit! I forgot!" she squawked. "Ben, I hate to be rude but I gotta go get ready."

"Don't sweat it. I need to get my run in before it gets too hot." I told her as she dashed off into the house.

"Hey thanks for the gas," Tim said. "Stop by after your run and I will be done with it by then."

"Will do," I told him as I put my headphones back on and made my way to the running path down the street.

I could not remember my last run, so the endorphins felt amazing. Being depressed can do a number on you. One of the highlights of this neighborhood was that it had about four different trails that all connected up near my house. I had my choice of one around the local pond, one down behind the houses, one that led over to a small shopping center, and the last one that was just a big loop around the whole community. I took the path around the pond because it was the shortest.

The run gave me plenty of time to think, despite only taking twenty-five minutes or so. I contemplated what Tim and Vanessa had said. She knew someone that might be interested. I wasn't ready for a girlfriend but if this person wasn't either, then it might not be so bad. I mean, after six months I was feeling like a monk in my house. I hadn't been laid in over a year before Sara left. If I played my cards right Vanessa's friend might be in the same boat. Two birds one stone or so the saying goes.

My other train of thought was that if this friend was even half as hot as Vanessa, I could be a lucky man. In my experience, super hot women tend to travel in packs. The previous week I got pleasantly stuck behind Vanessa on a trail. Watching her gorgeous ass bounce with each stride was a thing of perfection. Hopefully, I wasn't getting my hopes up too high. Shit, I was horny.

I was returning home when Vanessa waved to me from a blue convertible as she zipped past. She wore big sunglasses and deep red lipstick. God those lips were sexy. They were the kind of lips all men dream about big plump and red. The color was polar opposite the car and I didn't think it was a coincidence. The car just made her lips pop like visual eye candy.

Tim still had his garage open. I walked in to get my gas back before my shower. He was at a small sink washing up.

"Hey, Ben! You're just in time." he chimed at me. "I just finished up. Thank you again."

"Hey, what are neighbors for," I replied picking up the gas. "Listen, I had time to think about that offer. Do you think you could tell Vanessa I changed my mind?"

"That is fantastic!" he beamed at me. "I will have her swing by to talk to you when she get back?"

"Sounds good. I will be home," I said waving goodbye.

As I got to the garage door I paused for a second and looked back at Tim again. He looked back and raised an eyebrow.

"I got one quick question? How good looking is this friend of Vanessa's?" I asked.

Tim belly laughed and stomped a foot at me. When he caught his breath he replied.

"You have no idea, Ben. I am sure we will talk later," was all he said.

I took a quick shower and pondered what Tim meant when he said I had "no idea". Vanessa was one of the hottest women I had laid eyes on. If her friend made Tim speechless then I felt I made the right call. It would be nice to have some fun with a woman instead of netflixing crappy movies all night as I had for months.

The shower cleared my head so I could go to my home office to work. I am an internet security analyst and penetration tester. That lets me work at home. It sounds fun in theory but I find the average person's eyes roll into the back of their head after hours of staring a screen punching command line instructions. That or spending three hours attempting in run a program that brute forces a password. There are piles of documentation and paperwork too. Just trust me when I say it's not for everyone. I just happen to enjoy it.

It felt like ten minutes since my shower but when the doorbell rang it realized it was after five o'clock. I had missed lunch and dinner was just around the corner. My stomach was growling so loud it was echoing.

My lapse in eating made me forget that Tim had told me he would send Vanessa over with the details of her friend. I opened the front door to Vanessa standing there in a red knee length pleated skirt, a navy blue halter top that plunged in the front for decent cleavage. Her hair was twisted into an updo tried there with a red cloth that matched the skirt. Those luscious lip were still the shade of red I saw earlier. She had a Tupperware container in her hands.

"OH Hey, Vanessa," I blurted out trying not to drool. Seriously, I did want to meet this chick's friend. I wanted to meet her in a very inappropriate way but I would rather meet Vanessa that way.

"Evening Ben," she said smiling wide and handing me the Tupperware container. "Tim thought you might want some freshly grilled burgers and mac'n cheese. He was sick of watching take out places pull up here every night."

I choked back a laugh and took the container from her.

"That is really nice of him," I said gesturing her inside. "I was so busy that I skipped lunch."

"Well don't let me stop you," Vanessa said following around the corner to the kitchen. "Eat! I can fill you in while you chew."

The burger smelled delicious and tasted even better. I was standing at the bar top separating my kitchen and living room. Vanessa giggle watching me woof down the burger. I was going berserk on it at that point and I wouldn't have heard anything she said.

"Breathe! Boy!" she exclaimed.

"Sorry, I was starving," I reached for a napkin from the counter. "I had no idea I was that hungry."

"Are you done?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

"I think so," I said cleaning up my mess. "Now tell me about this person you want to set me up with. I mean I am interested but not looking for anything serious."

"Oh I understand Hon," she said. "Breakups, like you had, are rough. You just need someone fun to help you get over your ex."

"That's how I was hoping you would see it," I told her. "I'd be happy just get to know someone new. So tell me about her."

"Hmmm..... Where to begin?" Vanessa said placing a finger on her lips thinking. "Well she is pretty fit, does running every day like you do. Blonde hair, curvy, brown eyes, and very sexy. Most guys can't help but check out her behind. Or her front for that matter"

"Damn," I told her. "I think I am sold and I barely know anything yet."

"Good!" she said clapping her hands together. "I am so pleased. One thing though and this could be a deal breaker for you."

"Shoot. But if she is a good looking as you say that would have to be a really big deal breaker."

"Well," she whispered coming closer to me. "She needs you to be a little discreet."

"I see," I said trying to catch her meaning. "I can be discreet but I would like to know why."

Vanessa leaned in next to my ear. I could smell her flowery perfume and feel her breath on my neck.

"Well, she is married," Vanessa whispered in my ear.

My eyes went wide with shock as I realized who she was talking about. She had just described herself. That was not what I had been expecting from this conversation. My mind went from zero to a hundred in milliseconds. I was simultaneously excited, disturbed, and shocked all at the same time.

"Wait," I said. "Does Tim know about this?"

"It was his idea, silly." she hummed as she tiptoed her nails up my chest to my chin.

"I... I... What?" I muttered trying to wrap my head the situation. I was no prude or anything but this was a first for me. I had never had a married woman hit on me. Let alone tell me it was her husband's idea.

I think Vanessa saw my brain fumbling for words because she just leaned in and kissed me. Her lips were as soft as I had hoped. I could taste a hint of peppermint on them. We parted and she gently bit my lower lip. My now raging hardon and reasonable brain were at war.

"So this is Tim's idea?" I said holding her back at arms reach. "I really don't want my new neighbor to kill me in my sleep."

She just laughed taking a few steps back.

"Give me your phone," she demanded while holding her hand in front of her. "I told Tim that you would need convincing. He said he wasn't so sure with the way he saw you looking at me."

I handed her the phone with my mouth open trying to think of what to say. I had done all this drooling over her even before Sara left. Now she was here saying her husband was offering her to me like cake.

She dialed a number and it couldn't have rung more than once before someone answered.

"Told you," she said to what I expected to be Tim. "Yup..... Yeah... Ok.... Will do." Vanessa handed me back the phone. "He wants to talk to you."

"Tim?" I asked putting the phone to my ear.

"Ben, Ben, Ben," Tim replied. "I wish I could see the look on your face. I told you that you had no idea."

"Uhhhh, Yeah man," I muttered. "What the fuck? You're cool with your wife knocking boots with me?"

I watched as Vanessa walked away from me towards the windows that faced the street. As Tim talked she made her way around closing all the shades.

"I am glad to hear you hesitated, Ben. That makes you a decent man. I will be honest and direct with you. A couple of years ago I had a bad heart attack. I am not as young as I used to be. Let just say I have a few performance issues now."

"I can understand that Tim but don't they make little blue pills for that?" I asked.

"They do but I can't take them for health reasons. Vanessa was a champ and did her all but in the end, I still have major issues. I have taught psychology for years, Ben. I even briefly had my own practice as a social worker. I knew that while I know Vanessa loves me, she has needs too. It would only be a matter of time before she would step out. It would have been inevitable. So I came up with an idea so she wouldn't hate herself if anything happened. She could have a few boyfriends on the side with rules. I help pick the men she can use for fun. They must all be discreet and not tell anyone about this. No one married or currently with a partner. By having multiple partners it decreases the chances she might leave me for someone else. I don't know if my heart could take that. I love her dearly." He explained to me directly.

"Wow, Tim.... That is kinda big of you. Not a lot of guys would see things that way."

"Thank you. Vanessa has three men she is playing with at the moment. She had a fourth but he met someone. When I heard about you watching her ass on the trail last week I thought you might be interested. I wanted to know about your ex before I agreed. You passed."

"Oh, she saw that huh?" I choked out.

"What do you think? She said your jaw was dragging on the ground behind you. Said, you might have swallowed a few flies too," he said laughing.

I watched as now with all the shades closed Vanessa opened a few cupboards looking for something. She pulled out a short glass and got ice from the fridge door.

"Now understand kid, we won't be offended if you are not interested. We just thought with the way you looked cooped up that you could use a little fun. Also, all of her other gentlemen are older friends or acquaintances of mine. I figured someone her own age might give her a run for her money. My buddy Danny walked funny all last month. He could use a break."

Vanessa picked up a bottle of scotch I had left on the counter from the previous night. Along with the glass she sat at my kitchen table and poured a glass.

"I think as long as I don't have to worry about you killing me. I can live with this arrangement," I told him thinking about what I had thought earlier. I had hoped earlier to get to know Vanessa better in the dirty biblical way but this was not what I expected. Now I had her husband telling me it was his idea. The now swollen head between my legs was fighting to take over.

12