My Northern WI Vacation Ch. 03

Story Info
He gets to know his neighbor.
1.7k words
3.6
22.1k
00

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 04/29/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

=== Part IV ===

It was Friday morning and I was exhausted. I was absolutely flying around yesterday afternoon, trying to get as much done as I could. I was able to start on the last house of the week, and things looked like I'd be done before lunch. Since I was looking at least two and a half days of free time, I wanted to get as much of a jump on my plans as I could.

In short, my plans were to learn my new neighbor's name, find out more about the relationship she had with her husband (or at least, the man who appeared to be her husband), learn about where the two children were, and determine what kind of schedule she followed.

As I got out of bed, I pulled on a pair of shorts and made my way to the window. There were still no vehicles parked in front of the house, so she was probably alone. But, I had one more house to finish.

---

As I thought, I finished shortly before lunch. Instead of heading directly to my grandmother's, I decided to check out the four houses I'd have to work with next week. All of the properties were at the other end of the property. Two of them were right off the lake, and the other two were inside a wooded area.

I made my way towards the ones in the woods first. Both looked like they would need some serious work, as both were being encroached by trees from all sides. I was looking at what would take up most of my time for the next week.

Having checked out two of the properties, it was time to check out the other two.

Both were close to the lake, so it was no surprise that as I made my way towards them I could hear splashing. Before investigating who was out, I decided to first check out the two houses. It looked like both had some bushes that would need to be trimmed up, and at least one of them would need some paint touch-up. Otherwise, they looked like they'd be pretty easy. It was going to be a tough week, but I thought I could get it done.

This done, I headed towards the lake to see who was out. There was a small float a ways from the shore, around it was two girls, the age of which I couldn't determine. One looked like a red-head, and the other looked Asian.

Since it was pretty close to lunch, I decided it was time to head over to my grandmother's so I could start my two and a half days of free time.

---

Fortunately, my grandmother was leaving as I was coming home, which meant that she didn't ask how I was doing today. She'd also prepared some sandwiches for me, so I wolfed a couple down, and put the rest in a Ziploc bag for later.

I made my way upstairs so I could change into a clean set of clothes. I figured that if I was going to try to learn more about my neighbor, I should at least look good. I headed back downstairs, grabbed a water from the fridge, and headed out the door.

=== Part V ===

Once again, it took a couple of knocks before she answered the door. She didn't look too surprised to see me, which was definitely a good sign.

Once again, her blonde hair was pulled back. Unlike the last couple of times, she had changed into a different outfit, which was definitely more casual. She was wearing a t-shirt that had been cut to show off her mid-rif. However, instead of seeing skin, I saw swimsuit. It appears that she was wearing a one piece suit, with a floral pattern. For pants, she had a pair of cut-off sweatpants, which were about as short as the red shorts she had had on the day before.

The shirt and shorts were both pretty baggy - damn.

"What can I help you with ___?"

"Just checking to see if you needed anything. I haven't checked this house over yet," I lied, "and just wanted to see if anything needed to be fixed."

"No, I think we're okay."

"Alright, well let me know if you do need anything."

"I will, thanks."

It didn't look like I was going to get anywhere today, so I started to leave.

"Are you still looking for Mr. VandeHaden?"

An interesting turn. "I don't think my grandmother is now, but he may want to stop by just in case."

"I doubt he'll be back until next week, but I'll let him know if I see him."

"Does he work in town then?"

"Something like that ..." She'd been looking over my shoulder, and her eyes seemed to lose even more focus. But now she turned to look at my face, "Can I get you something to drink?"

I tossed my water into the bushes; I didn't think she'd seen it. "That would sure hit the spot."

"Come on in then."

As I walked behind her, I really wished she'd been wearing the red shorts from yesterday. Her hips were swinging back and forth hypnotically, but the sweatpants were just too baggy to see too much. Before I knew it, we were in the kitchen.

It was pretty plain, the only thing that caught my eye was the tall table in the center of the room, with three stools around it. She walked over to the cabinets, pulled down a couple of glasses, and put them on the table. She then opened the freezer, pulled out an ice tray, and put three cubes in each glass. She put the tray back, then opened the fridge to pull out some lemonade.

As she poured some into each glass, "I hope lemonade is alright - I just made some this morning."

"That's great. Thank you."

"So ___, how long have you been helping out your grandmother?"

"Actually, this is my first time. My parents figured it would be good for me to spend some time helping her this summer. Not exactly what I was planning on doing this summer, but it'll give me some money for books and tuition for next year."

"Do you go to college than?"

"Yup. I'll be in going onto my third year. Down at Madison."

"Ah. Do you like it?" I had just taken a drink, so she added, "That's more of a party school, right?"

"Yeah, it can," I said with a grin, "it can pretty wild."

She looked down and smiled, so I took a quick look around. When my eyes got back to her, she was looking at me.

"Haven't had much time to do anything with the place yet."

"Will you be renting the place long?"

"I'm ... not sure. I needed a bit of time away from the city, so Alan suggested we spend some time here."

"So are you two married then?"

She put on a sad half smile, "Yes."

Since she no longer looked hospitable, and I'd finished my drink, I decided to cut things short.

"Well, I suppose I should be getting back to work. Again, if you see anything around the place that needs to be fixed up, just let me know."

"I'll certainly do that. Thanks ___."

"Thank you for the drink Mrs. VandeHaden."

I headed towards the door, with her following me.

"I noticed you're wearing a swimsuit. You should definitely try to get outside today and spend some time in the water."

I couldn't see her, so I couldn't see her reaction, and she didn't answer back.

As we made my way outside, "Thanks, I think I will in a little bit."

I turned to face her, but she was looking down at the ground, at some spot between us.

"Thank you again for the lemonade, Mrs. VandeHaden."

"Please call me Amanda." She said it quickly, following up just as quickly with "I figured it would be better than warm water." She met eyes after this, with a smile on her face. So she had seen the water!

I smiled back and bent to grab my water from within the bush. As I pulled it out, I turned my face over and up, taking a look at her legs. I'd been closer to her while I had followed her in, but I liked the view a lot better from here. Had she been wearing tighter pants, then things probably would have been different.

"You're right ... Amanda, the lemonade certainly did hit the spot. I suppose I should get back to work. I'll see you later."

As I walked away from her house, I decided to head towards the woods and cut back to my grandmother's from the back. That way I could slip back into the house without ... Amanda seeing me.

---

When I slipped into my grandmother's, I made my way up to my bedroom. I headed towards the window to see if Amanda would make her way outside. While I waited, I ran over the events of our second meeting.

There was clearly problems with their relationship. There were also three stools, which meant that he probably wasn't going to be here enough for them to need a seat for him, assuming that her daughter and son sat in the other two stools.

She clearly had a lot on her mind as well. While I'd made my way in today, I hadn't enough time to invoke her to confide in me, or spill too much more about her, other than her name, and the fact that she was indeed Mrs. VandeHaden.

I'd have to make some excuse to see her again, and spend more time in her house. I could then either sabotage something in the house, so she'd need to call on me, or spend time learning more about her, from her environment.

I was also hoping that she'd make her way outside at some point, in a tight bikini. All this thinking about her had made me hard, and this last image brought me even closer to the edge. Unfortunately, she hadn't made her way outside yet.

Since I was a little drowsy, I decided I'd lay in bed for a bit, take a quick nap, and hopefully wake up to find her sunbathing outside. I pulled off my shirt and shorts, putting them off to the side so I could wear them again tonight and tomorrow, and laid on my bed. While I was again thinking about our meeting, I fell asleep.