My Sweet Little Angel Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Do your best, sugar,' he whispered and pulled her close. She landed with a thud against his chest. His hand tightened on her waist and she raised her face and looked into his eyes, which were dark with desire.

'Stop looking at me like that,' she said and tried to pull out of his hold.

'Shh... Stay,' he said softly and cupped her face. 'I love you, Fiona. I am sorry but I can't control the way I look at you.'

'I need to ask you something,' she said pulling back. 'I hope you don't mind.'

Nick asked her to go on and Fiona walked a few steps back. She looked at the jet black eyes which looked at her fondly. Gathering all the courage and confidence that she needed, she got down on her knee and cleared her throat. The entire room grew silent as if a bomb was dropped.

'The first time when I met you at my best friend's wedding, you had swept me off my feet. And you have been doing it every time you look at me. It's been close to three months since we have been together. Life in these three months has been nothing short of a fairy tale. Some might say that it's too early. But I know that there isn't any another guy who can love me like you do. And I love you with everything that I have. You are and you always will be my angel, who added a new color to my life. I know that this is weird and doesn't happen much. But, here it is... Mr. Nicholas Madison, will you marry me and allow me to be Mrs. Fiona Nicholas Madison?'

She looked at him expectantly. His eyes shone with love and within a few seconds, he covered the distance between them and had her in his arms.

'Yes, I will marry you,' he answered aloud making everyone in the room applaud and congratulate the couple.

***

'I am so happy for you,' said Lisa as she gave Fiona a tight hug. 'And girl, that was quite a proposal.'

'You think so?' asked Fiona as she looked at the two guys who stood by the kitchen counter, involved in an animated discussion.

'I just don't think so. I know so, girlfriend. You should have seen the faces of all the other guys. They all desperately wanted to be Nick,' said Lisa with a wink.

'Stop it, Lisa,' said Fiona, trying hard not to blush. 'So, did you tell him?' asked Fiona, jerking her head in Matt's direction.

'No,' whispered Lisa and added, 'I wanna give him a surprise.'

Lisa had told Fiona earlier that evening that she was pregnant. Fiona had squealed, jumped with joy and had congratulated Lisa for the wonderful news.

'I am sure once he gets to know, he is not letting you move even a foot,' said Fiona, knowing very well how much Matthew adored her best friend.

'Yep, that's true,' Lisa said before checking the time. 'It's too late, Fiona. We should be leaving,' she said and rose from the couch.

With that Lisa walked towards Matthew and the duo walked towards the front door, with a promise to meet again. Fiona hugged her friend tight and dropped a 'Take care' only for her ears. And with a final nod, Nick and Fiona had the house to themselves.

'Thank you, Fi,' said Nick, an hour later as Fiona climbed into the bed and curled onto his side.

'For what?' she asked, raising her eyebrows and looking at him strangely.

'For asking me to marry you. I love you, doll,' he said; his voice heavy with emotion.

'You don't think it's too early, do you?' she asked, dropping her chin onto his chest.

'Have you gone nuts, Fi? We should have done this three years ago. We would have been married by now,' said Nick, stroking her hair.

'Hey, I forgot to tell you something. But promise me, that you won't tell Matt,' she said, excitedly remembering the news that Lisa had shared with her.

'I promise. But what is it?' he asked, curious to know what had made Fiona bubble with excitement.

'Lisa is pregnant,' she said and snuggled into him, laying her head on his shoulder. 'Isn't that great?'

'Of course, it is. So, Matt still doesn't know about it?' he asked, wrapping his arm around her.

'No, Lisa wanted it to be a surprise. Poor Matt! He is going to be worried sick for the next year or so.'

'Remind me to pull his leg, Fi. I am not letting him escape without a party,' he said jovially.

'I am so happy for them,' said Fiona but he immediately recognized the longing in her voice.

'Don't worry, doll. Next year, by this time you will also have a reason to be happy about,' he whispered, splaying his fingers across her stomach.

'Damn! How do you know everything?' she asked, punching his chest playfully. 'I don't have any secrets.'

'That's sad,' he said with a laugh making her smile. 'So, when do you want to get married? And by the way, how are your knees? Do they hurt?' he asked as he massaged them. 'Why did you go down on your knees, Fi? You could have simply asked me ...'

'They don't hurt, Nick,' she replied pulling his hands away from her knees. 'And a proposal doesn't look like one unless the person is on her knees. Got, it lover?' she asked with a wink. 'Moreover, I wanted it to be perfect.'

'It was perfect, Fi. Tomorrow, we shall go and pick a ring. Don't say no,' he said even before she could protest. 'I want you to wear my ring.'

'Okay, but I will choose it,' she said.

'As you wish, doll,' he whispered and pulled her into his side. 'Get some sleep, Fi. You must be tired.'

Fiona nodded and within a few seconds, she drifted off to sleep.

***

'Why don't you go for the emerald? It matches the color of your eyes,' he said, admiring the varied range of rings before them.

They were in a jewellery store the next morning, shopping for an engagement ring which Nick wanted Fiona to wear for the rest of her life.

'It's too costly. I want this,' she said, pointing towards a small princess cut pink sapphire ring.

'But that's too cheap, Fi,' argued Nick. He held out a princess cut solitaire. 'How about this?'

'No,' she said shaking her head. 'The pink one. Please... Pretty please?' she asked with a puppy look on her face.

'Pink is too light to be worn as an engagement ring, Fiona. Why don't you go for something stronger?' he asked, wrapping his arm around her waist.

'What do you want me to choose?' she asked. 'The emerald? Do you want to become a beggar?'

'Yes, choose the emerald. And I won't become a beggar, doll,' he said with a grin, making her smile. 'So, emerald it is?' he asked, tucking a few wild strands of hair behind her ear.

Fiona nodded and Nick flashed a smile. Mouthing an "I love you" he walked towards the counter to pay for the piece of jewellery. Fiona walked around the store, admiring the various necklaces and bracelets they had on display. She was lost in the wonderful glitter and didn't realize Nick's presence beside her.

'Would Madam like to buy something else?' he asked with a husk, making her turn towards him.

'No,' she said and looked at the glittering stones one last time, before asking, 'Shall we go?'

'Are you sure that you don't wanna buy anything, Fi?' he asked, looking at the shelves. 'I can see many necklaces that will match the ring. Come on, let's buy something.'

Yes, they would perfectly match the ring she thought and before Nick could tempt her further, she caught his hand and walked towards the exit and said, 'Let's go home. I am hungry.'

***

Where was he thought Fiona looking at the clock. It had been an hour since Nick had left. He had promised that he would be back. From the store, they had gone to a cozy little Chinese restaurant where they had their lunch. Then Nick had dropped her home and had driven off to his office, informing her that he had some important files to sign and that he would be back within half-an-hour.

She flipped open her phone and was about to dial his number when there was a quiet knock on her door. Nick. Dropping the phone, she ran to the door, flung it open.

'Fiona, my dear.' The fist hit her face so hard she felt the skin on her cheek split against his ring, and then she hit the floor. Dazed, she fought back blindly, fists flailing away. One connected, and he cursed. Something bit into her thigh. A needle, she realized, struggling to sit up. He hit her again, knocking her flat. His foot came down on her chest, his weight pressing her down. She struggled helplessly for breath.

And the edges of the world caved in and sucked her into blackness.

***

Nick pulled his car into the parking space next to Fiona's. He looked at his watch. He wasn't too late. It had taken him a while to select the perfect necklace to go with the ring. He had seen her eyeing them in the store. And even though, she had refused to let him buy, he knew that she badly wanted to have one.

Collecting the bag, he stepped out of his car and walked into the elevator and pressed the button for Fiona's floor. Once the elevator reached her floor, he stepped out and stalked toward her apartment then slowed. He knew that she would be worried. Wanting to surprise her, he walked casually...

The door was ajar.

He nudged it open with his foot. 'Fiona?' An edgy feeling crawled up his spine and raised the hair on his scalp. Head up, body tensed, he shifted the bag into his left hand, so that he could keep his right free.

Remaining in the doorway, he scrutinized the one-room apartment. Totally silent.

The ring sat on the table in the living room. The curtains were still open and lights off. Pots and pans stacked on the counter. A canvas bag on the small kitchen table and there was her cell phone beside it.

There were dark spots just inside the door on the beige carpet. He bent, touched one lightly.

Wet. Red. He sniffed. Blood.

***

What a pit, Robert thought as he wiped rain from his face before unlocking the door to the tiny cabin. But, as the realtors always said, location is everything.

He turned and smiled in satisfaction at the surrounding area. Trees, palms, and palmettos stretched out into a dense green jungle. The only way to the cabin was a tiny dirt road and the only sound he could hear was rain pattering on the tin roof. No traffic, no neighbors. No witnesses.

He glanced at the rental car where Fiona slumped against the door, still out cold. Just as well. He needed time to set up. The thought sent excitement through him, and he hardened.

He shoved the door open. A yank on the string turned on the bare bulb hanging from the ceiling. Quite a dump. A faded couch sat across from the door. To the right, an ancient mattress lay on the floor in one corner and a wood stove with a chipped brick hearth occupied the other. On his left was the gourmet kitchen: an avocado-colored refrigerator, a dirt-encrusted stove, and a chipped enamel sink. He sneered and winced as pain lanced across his face.

Touching his nose gently, he winced. One lucky punch and she had almost broken his nose. Damn her.

He glanced down at his bloodstained shirt. At least he had a change of clothes in his carry-on. Along with a nice set of tools he had bought in Connecticut. Turning, he smiled at the ugly room.

The cabin was isolated and big enough to swing a whip. What more could a man want?

***

'Wake up, darling. Time to play.'

Fiona heard the voice, her mind moving like sludge, still thick with nightmare images. She didn't like that voice and couldn't remember why, but the sound made something inside her wail in terror.

If the voice wanted her to wake up, then she wouldn't.

She let her breathing stay long and slow, kept her body limp, and her eyes closed.

She fought to stay awake, and lost the battle. But something was very wrong...

To be continued...

Feedback and comments are welcome.