My Telija Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's watching us. They don't like it," he hissed and crouched near a bush full of Yapona flowers. Their bright yellow petals shied away from him, folding in on themselves and away from the possible danger.

"You mean the shadows?" I crouched next to him and whispered.

"Yes. They want out completely. I can feel it, but something is missing. Something important that will protect us," he turned to me, showcasing his blackened eyes.

This time though, he wasn't being taken over. He was still himself, but he seemed to be integrating with his new 'friends' as he called them. We needed to find out more about his new abilities and I knew just the person to help us. For now though, we needed to get out of here and warn the others. It would be the end of the celebration, but it would mean the safety of many.

I whistled softly for any pixie that was near and was rewarded with a zip of blue flying from the treetops. Even better I smiled at the pixie warrior male that landed on my knee with a structured salute.

"My Lord," he bowed, his other hand gripping his small sword.

"I need a very important message sent out to Yukah territory. Can you do this?" I asked.

"Of course my Lord, what is that you wish to tell?" I leaned forward and whispered my message in his ear, and away from the source that watched us.

'Very good," he bowed again and whistled like that of a bird. A dozen blue pixies flew to his side and together they took off for the bog.

"What was that all about?" Jordan whispered fiercely, his fingers playing with Posey's necklace. His eyes were calmer, but still darker than normal, his instincts still hiding in the shadows.

"Come on, I'll tell you once we arrive at the palace," I pulled him to his feet. My eyes caught a vision of a female with long dark hair and a wisp of blue silk trailing behind her at the edge of the woods. I scowled, knowing full well who that silk belonged to...Rain.

****The Cloak****

I watched the males from the woods, touching and kissing, with Vendish's large hands gliding over that beautiful lithe body with desire. It was something of a fantasy to watch his little mate writhe like he was in heat. Not to mention the shadows that I longed to touch dance upon his half-breed skin.

Now I knew it to be true with my own eyes. The shadows were real and somehow Meeka had gained a successor. I would use the youngling along with his father to bring all of Fae to its knees. Pass me over once, I got over it, but pass me up twice for another, and it was war. Lygos, the arrogant fool, provided me with all the resources I needed to back my cause. Even if he didn't know our causes weren't the same.

I could care less if his sister was dead. Actually I rather fancied that fact that she was long gone. Meeka was in my way and Guardwin did me a favor by removing her entirely. Granted what happened afterward was purely coincidental, but it worked out all the same. Now I looked upon the Prince and his little shadow morsel, I knew with certainty that I would have Jordan within my fold soon enough.

"There you are," a hand grabbed onto my shoulder, making me turn with a scowl. Who dared to disturb me? I stiffened and wrapped my energy back inside of me. It was becoming harder to tame as of late and I needed to get a hold on it before someone noticed.

The woman looked around and ran her delicate hands up and down her arms with a shiver, "do you feel that?" Her blue eyes looked at me innocently.

"I felt something too. Let's get back to the others," I looked around in mock fear, before training my eyes on her angelic face again.

She threaded her arm through mine and led me back to the bonfire and all my future slaves.

****Vendish****

"Send word to Rosie that we'll be staying at the palace. If she doesn't object, I'd rather her join us. I don't like knowing she'll be there all alone," I told Daega, who awaited further instruction.

"Will there be anything else my Lord?" Daega buzzed.

"No Daega, that will all. Thank you little one," I bowed. "Do give my best to your Queen and tell her to be on watch. If she sees anything, alert the court immediately."

"Of course my Lord, she will be pleased that you thought of her," Daega smiled and flitted about, obviously restless being this far away from the woods.

"Good night little one."

"Sweet dreams my Prince. The same to you dearest Jordan," she murmured to my mate who was half asleep in his chair.

"You too Daega," he yawned. Daega giggled and flew out of our quarters and into the night.

"Will someone make sure Rosie gets here safely?" Jordan looked up, his eyes heavy.

"Yes, Daega will see to it. Besides, the dwarves are not powerless. Rosie can be quite feisty when need be," I sat next to him, running my hand over his.

"When need be?" he snorted. "Try always."

"True. Just don't let her hear you say so," I bent over and kissed his head. He was so tired from everything that had happened today.

The palace had quieted down a bit after our arrival. The news of another strange sighting traveled quickly, killing the celebratory mood, and driving the Fae to call it night. I felt badly that Jordan had not had the time to take in the magnificence of the palace and all its many splendors. After the shadows had died down, his strength seemed to go with it. He had barely had the energy to cling to me as I whisked him here in the first place.

The only thing keeping him awake was the promise to see his mother, who in turn had been fast asleep when we visited. Jordan was disappointed and rightfully so, but his state had me more concerned. It was my job to make sure he was well taken care of and I couldn't help feeling like I was again failing him. Taking him from this place to that place, feeding him at irregular hours, and denying him from partaking in our bed was certainly taking its toll. The last part I knew was not my fault and if anything I was glad we had been interrupted. Yes, I wanted him. That was not the problem.

I just did not want him to want me merely because of the 'festivities'. I wanted him to come to me when he was ready and because he...well, because he loved his mate. We were some time away from that, but I could feel him opening up to me. The little touches he allowed me to give, the tiny kisses that lit up his face. He was coming around and that was all that I asked. I would never force him into something he was not ready for.

Maybe being around the palace would help him get used to our culture and our ways of life. He would see the other mated pairs and know that it was not just sex that brought us together, but the idea of being a half to a whole, a person to share your inner most thoughts with. I sighed, getting carried away again and got up from the chair, pulling my mate with me.

"Oomph," he muttered into my chest, barely able to stand on his own two feet.

"Easy now," I slung an arm around his waist and guided him to the bed. A beautiful white birch, four poster bed, that had a full twisted canopy up top, and gave way to soft green silken drapes that poured from the top for privacy. Again Jordan noticed nothing about his surroundings and flopped onto his back.

I smiled sitting next to him and started picking small leaves out of his golden hair. He turned his head to me with a grin, "I look like shit don't I?"

With my brows raised, I replied, "I don't believe it is possible to look like 'shit'. That would take quite a potion to truly change one's form, seeing as how you have not mastered your glamour."

He weakly slapped my chest, "You know what I mean wind fairy."

I rolled my eyes, "I am not a..."

A tired laugh came from him, "yeah, yeah not a fairy. I know Ven, I was teasing."

"Teasing huh? Well you must be Fae after all," I smirked.

"What gave me away?" he yawned.

"Enough talking Telija, you are tired. Let's get you out of those linens and under the covers," I cut him off and pulled off his boot.

"You just wanna take advantage of me..." he smiled with his eyes closed.

"I would never do that," I whispered, throwing his boot to the floor and grabbing the other one. "I am just taking care of you."

"I'm teasing Ven..." he murmured faintly.

"I know my love," I bent over, kissing his cheek while at the same time, gently pulling his linen bottoms off his hips.

"Night Ven," he breathed, whisking his fingers over my arm, and then was out like a light.

I suppressed a chuckle and kissed his forehead softly, "Goodnight my Telija."

~~~~~~

Watching Jordan fully awake and walking around the palace was entertaining to say the least. His eyes were wide, his mouth opened and closed, and every few minutes he would gasp and point. Occasionally he would say something, but then trail off when he discovered something that surpassed his last discovery. To say he looked like a wee one was as understatement. But he was mine and I loved every second of his giddy delight.

The palace was divided into four wings with the King and Queen's home in the center. It had been erected after the first Great War with the hunters to ensure safety for our people. Now though, it housed the Fae court and their families, leaving the other Fae folk to their own territories around the Fae realm. Not that they minded, because they had their own lands now and were free to build as they liked.

I had been a youngling myself when the species split off and began their own lives, but I could still remember the harmony that came from the togetherness of it all. Now, the species were all divided, rarely partaking in each other's lives, unless it was for a death, birth, or strategizing war. In short, there were feuds amongst the leaders, nothing ever seemed to work cohesively, and certain species were alienated in mass. It was wrong, for the Mother created us to depend on one another. For without water there would be no life, without earth there would be no food, and without fire there would be no heat, and so on and so on.

It saddened me, that there was a great divide, but until the leaders realized there wrongdoings in their own minds, there was nothing to be done. But Jordan was the one thing that they all seemed to be curious of. That was where we were headed now, to the counsel room for a meeting with the leaders. I was glad that I had decided to wake him early, for his perusal seemed to be taking forever.

"Ven come look! Look at that, have you ever seen a bird that big?" His eyes were sparkling with excitement as he leaned out the second story window.

"Careful Telija," I pulled him back a little, looking over his head at the 'bird'.

"That is a Malifezent. Do you see the basket on its back?" I pointed to the creature that was almost six feet tall with wings that spanned up to sixteen feet. It was a brilliant blue, with purple and white tipped feathers, and a beak that was sharp and black. The Mal's eyes tracked us, blinking it's lids over bright yellow eyes, before ruffling it's feathers.

"Yea, what's in it?" He tried to get closer again.

"He's delivering food to the kitchen from the fields. His master is a farmer, but the fields are on the other side of the woods, so the Mal helps his master to carry the load. He also delivers messages and parcels to all of Fae, along with his sisters and brothers."

"So he's like your version of a mailman?" Jordan turned to me curiously.

I sighed. As he had a lot to learn, so did I. My human knowledge was limited to the quests that I had led, and only a few of them actually involved their realm. I had no clue what he was talking about and was slightly ashamed to ask. But if he was my mate, I would need to know.

"Tell me of this mailman," I stated confidently.

"Oh right, sorry," he nodded and I relaxed. He did not judge me in the slightest. "Back home we have a person that delivers uh, messages and packages to and from people all over the world. We just call that person the mailman. Funny that you guys call yours Mal. See not so different..." he smiled and turned back to the creature, who settled his wings for his Master to board into the basket.

I chuckled, "come one we're almost late." I gently pulled him away from the window and down the birch lined hallway.

"There you are! Mother, you went to bed so early. Did you drink too much wine? I know I did! Fire brothers can get you into all sorts of trouble," Lucy babbled, coming from around the corner and running up to us.

"Fire brothers?" I crossed my arms.

"Yes, fire brothers. Blajah's sons, Dim and Lit," she smirked.

"Luciana, if your mother hears that you were with the crudest boys in all of Fae, she will pull the very wings off your back," how could she be so stupid? Those boys were nothing but trouble, and neither were suitable mates for a beautiful girl like Lucy.

"It's not like I'm going to bond with them, they're just for fun. Besides, I got invited to their solstice soiree at Glass Lake. Very posh Jordan, you must be my guest!" She squealed excitedly.

"Two guys Lu? Seriously?" Jordan's eyes were wide.

"Oh whatever! I saw you with Hazia last night and you didn't seem to shy away. So don't give me that 'Mr. Doe Eyed', I'm so innocent crap," she narrowed her eyes.

"Do not speak of Hazia with my mate. It was part of a dance and nothing more. Don't make it out to be something it is not, please Luciana. I just warn you of the trouble Dim and Lit are known for. I do not wish to see your heart break little one. Time and time again I tell you to be careful, but you seem not to listen. What will it take for you to seek a nice boy and settle your ways?"

"You sound like mom now. Most of the court boys are so boring! All they want is to go to their lessons and battle train afterwards. They never lighten up and have fun! They are Fae and they do not smile or dance or laugh. Why ever would I choose that Vendish? Would you?" Lucy hung her head.

"Lu all he's saying is to be careful. Just watch yourself okay? We care a lot about you and don't want to see anyone hurt you. That's all," Jordan rubbed her shoulder.

My mate agreed with me? He actually agreed with me and better yet, tried to help her understand. I looked at him with wonder and he smiled with a wink. Mother, help me, but this boy had my heart.

"Yes, Fire boys are rather naughty, are they not Vendish?" Hazia stalked past slowly, pausing to look directly into my eyes. He licked his cherry lips, a hint of fang gleaming in his mouth.

"Hazia," I growled. Jordan turned slowly and looked at the Fire Fae that had touched his body only hours before. He shuddered, backing into my chest, and allowing me to wrap an arm around his waist.

"Well isn't that what you were just telling our dear Luciana? That Fire boys are dirty with a need that overpowers all the desires you have ever known." His golden eyes narrowed with lust at my mate and the heat from his body crept over our skin.

I cleared my throat, tightening my hold on Jordan, "I was telling Lucy to guard herself from boys that only needed certain things. She is an upstanding member of the court and should act accordingly. That is all."

Shut your mouth, you spineless weasel. I ground my teeth in anger.

"Hmm, funny you should say that Vendish. For it was not long ago, that you yourself gave into such desires. Now it would seem you have become the thing of which you hated the most...a prude," Hazia grinned wickedly.

"You used to be so much fun Vendish," my name like a hiss from his lips. "We used to have a lot of fun. It seems your new mate is not so different from the way you were, for he too enjoys the carnal pleasure of flesh and tongue. Do you not little one?"

"What's he talking about Vendish?" Jordan turned in my arms, his adam's apple bobbing as he swallowed back fear.

"Nothing Telija. He was just leaving, weren't you Hazia?" I bit out, much to the delight of the red skinned male.

"We'll see about 'nothing' my Prince. One day soon, the three of us will surely find 'something' to do together," he offered with a scrape of his nails down his shirtless chest.

Lucy stiffened, her face turned to the floor with cheeks as red as apples. The poor girl might know a thing or two about Fire boys, but this Fire man was positively too much for her mind to explore. Hazia chuckled, "see you around...Telija."

I growled, watching Hazia's firm backside retreat down a side corridor and into the dark, "Jordan?"

"What did he mean Ven?" Jordan pulled out my arms and stepped closer to Lucy, "anddon'ttell me nothing."

Lucy looked from me to Ven, knowing exactly what I didn't want to say. How could she not, for it had been rumored around the palace for years. She lifted her head and straightened her back, "don't mind Hazia, Jordan. He's a prick and likes to mess with everyone. Don't worry alright? He meant nothing, he just made you want to think he did."

"Should I worry Ven?" Jordan eyed me skeptically. He was jealous. My mate, who denied we were Ghea, was very much jealous. "Did you two...did you..." Jordan closed his mouth and breathed through his nose in anger.

"Come on Jordy, everyone is waiting," Lucy grabbed his arm and dragged him behind her. His eyes narrowed at me with a huff, and turned on his heel, following Lucy towards the counsel quarters.

I groaned with a pain in my heart, but followed the pair past the watchful eyes of the warriors lining the counsel hall. Hazia grinned ahead of us and slipped through the thick double doors to join his mother at her side. My blood boiled at the sight of his face. What was he playing at and why? There had been nothing between us for over a century, yet now he decided to bring his fire to the table, and threaten my new relationship with my mate. I was tired of it already and if he decided to interfere again, I would take care of him permanently.

If he made Jordan uncomfortable one more time...well his flame would be snuffed out. I stormed into the counsel room behind Lucy and Jordan, taking my place next to Guardwin and my parents, and gesturing for Jordan to sit beside me. Jordan was quiet, watching the eyes that watched him back around the large circle of chairs. He looked at me and rolled his eyes, crossing his arms, but sat when I narrowed my eyes.

I loved him dearly, Mother knows I did, but this was neither the time nor the place to boast his anger. The court would view him with distaste and that was the last thing we needed right now.

Kimella sat behind her parents in her own throne with Jillian in a chair next to her. The room was eerily silent as all the chairs were finally filled. The small balls of light slowly swirled around the ceiling, casting an ominous glow over the leaders, and setting the gold flecked marble to a fiery shine.

Guardwin leaned over to me, "all is well then?" He flicked his eyes at Jordan, then back to me.

"Yes," I grit, tightening my hands on the arms of my throne and casting a murderous look to Hazia. The fool sat casually next to his mother Blajah and served me a wink with a flick of fang. I would kill him if he dared, I really would.

"Are you sure Vendish?" he lowered his tone, commanding me to look at him.

"All is well my King," I stared straight into his eyes, daring him to continue.

"Very well, later we shall have a chat," Guardwin looked away and took Orla's hand.

He cleared his throat and palmed his staff at his side, "You all know why we are here, so let us skip the pleasantries and get right to the matter at hand."

Silent nods and a few soft growls provided by the AniFae greeted him, "My son..." he took a deep breath. "Has returned to our sights once more and brought with him the Hunter's threat. Our warriors have been out since the attack investigating his appearance and the attacks against our people. Since then, three more reports have come in of a malevolent presence within our realm. We have not been able to pinpoint any one being as the source of this energy, but we continue to look."