Myra's Little Book Shop, Redux

Story Info
A review of a story.
1.6k words
23.6k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
carvohi
carvohi
2,560 Followers

"Myra's Book Shop Redux."

By

Jedd Clampett

~~V~~

My Prologue:

My God I'm pulling my hair out. Whatever you do don't skim what people write, and don't look for some cheating story with some kind of logical or justifiable pay back every time you open one! Gosh, everyone understands no one wins with infidelity. No one ever wins! Infidelity is about murder; something very special, something treasured gets killed. Every time!

I have friends, relatives and acquaintances who, as a byproduct of infidelity have exhibited what Ernie Pyle described as that "thousand yard stare". In World War One they called it being shell shocked. When infidelity happens; the victim goes into shock and never ever really gets over it.

When you read an LW keep your eyes and ears open. Think about what you're reading. Come on; aren't all these Loving Wives things essentially mysteries? I mean if you're reading at all.

~~V~~

Now for the real Bull!

About "Myra's Book Shop":

Curtis met a girl who was infatuated with him, really infatuated. That was Zoey. She'd fallen for him hook, line, and sinker. Girls, especially innocent protected girls do that. She was a freshman in college, and she was a spoiled coddled protected only child who'd been the special blessing for whom was probably an older than normal set of parents. How old was she when we get to her first meeting with dickhead; eighteen, nineteen tops! She's still just a kid!

Who was Curtis; he was a nineteen not more than twenty year old college sophomore who'd met and fallen for the rich man's only child. Who was he really; he was a self-conscious, pretentious, self-absorbed probably over-achieving day dreamer. What did he do; he knocked her sweet innocent ass up!

What did Zoey's parents do? They literally adopted the shit who'd ruined their daughter's future. They took the rascal in, they paid for his college, they let him live in their house!

What did Curtis do; first problem arises he almost runs out on her; that was after her first miscarriage. What kind 'man' would even think of doing something like that? Even when he decided not to run he scoffed at her depression. How heartless did he have to be before readers lost any empathy for him?

HE graduated. His father-in-law got him a job. His father-in-law sustained his efforts to gain an MA. His father-in-law, for love of his daughter supported the son-of-a-bitch all the way down the line. Why? Talk about a father's love; he supported the half-assed piece of shit because his daughter loved the worthless selfish bastard.

What did Curtis do? He ignored her. He couldn't tell she was pregnant? Damn, a miscarriage and two kids and he couldn't tell she was pregnant? Nobody's that stupid. Hell I taught school all day, coached after school, and worked on the farm half the night, and I could tell right away, every time! No not Curtis; he was too wrapped up in HIS career, too focused on HIS life to notice or care. He was busy learning Farsi! Talk about an indifferent bastard.

He catches her in bed with a guy he knows is a scum. Where were HIS warnings? He knew she was gullible; where were his protective instincts? "Hey honey better watch it; that Brandon he's a piece of shit." We know where Curtis was; he was off at some seminar bull shitting about a bunch of dead Trojans.

He, old lovable Curtis referred to Brandon as 'Shit-for-Brains' when he, Curtis was the one with shit for brains. He'd been treating her like a piece of furniture. What did he expect? He sees her with Brandon, and what does the charlatan do; he runs away! He runs off to Greece! He hides from his responsibilities. And then when he comes back it took him three years before he even condescended to personally, face to face hear her story, and even then he was thinking more about her pussy and tits than what she had to say! Don't believe me? Go back and check the last part.

In the end he agreed to take her back? Him take her back? What a crock of shit! Was anybody listening; Zoey's father should have taken a baseball bat to the ungrateful shit's knee caps. Of course that wouldn't happen; no, dad knew his daughter still loved the scum bag.

Go back and check; Zoey had made him a happy home with two wonderful loyal kids, and in the mists of his twisted mind he knew it too! He talked about it all the time. He found every excuse in the book to keep going back! He was glad she wouldn't move on, find somebody else. If she'd have moved on it would have terrified him. He would have shit his pants!

He sure hadn't moved on. No sir he got snookered by a bigger manipulator than he was. He might have realized it. We can't be sure because the dickhead can't get his head out of his ass.

And comment writers were calling Curtis a cuckold? I could think of a lot worse things to call Curtis than cuckold. The way he treated Zoey the bastard should have had his balls cut off! Curtis was a cad, a creepy cad.

Who was Myra; she was a one dimensional gold seeker. She starts at the back of the classroom and works her way up. Now that was clever. In the end she got what she wanted; her book store. Did she love Curtis? Sure she did, but there are women like her, love someone, get what you want, then turn the page, move on. Hell, she wanted a book store, she got a book store, he wanted another kid, he got another kid, there's the quid pro quo.

This story wasn't about a possibly unfaithful Zoey. Damn, did Curtis deserve her fidelity? I think not! This story wasn't about an unfaithful Myra. No sir; Myra was doing her shtick all the way through.

This story was about an egotistical, self-centered asshole who lived in a fantasy world filled with half-baked Classical illusions. Jeepers, him talking about trampling Zoey; he'd been trampling her from the first. From the first! Run out on some poor 19-20 year old girl who loved him so much she gave away her one most priceless treasure? (That would be her virginity by the way.) Who would do something like that? And hardly anybody caught it? Or if they did they didn't care. Well if you were a reader who caught it and didn't care, I hope your wife did cut out on you. You deserved it!

Get real! Curtis wasn't some cuckold. He wasn't some great guy who'd been betrayed by two evil women. If the reader didn't like him it was because Curtis was a worthless piece of dog shit who got off lucky at the end. He was lucky because Zoey, blinded by her own fanciful love for a guy who really was just a nerdy skank let herself be taken in and probably in time taken advantage of again.

The "Myra" story should have ended with Curtis on his knees kissing Zoey's ass every night for the rest of his life. Him make her sign a prenuptial? She should have made him sign one!

Alas the only really nice person in the story, other than Zoey's parents, was Zoey. Was she unfaithful; we don't know do we. We don't know because dick head couldn't wait to get to his car and run away. He didn't have the balls to stay and confront her. Curtis wasn't a cuckold; he was coward, a dirty yellow piss in his pants coward.

My epilogue:

Ha! I waited a week so all you women hating assholes could get your rocks off before I fed you the saltpeter you so justly deserve.

My God; is it ever possible the man is the bitch? Curtis sure was. If anybody deserved to be burned it was Curtis.

Some of you think everything you read on Literotica should be just about sex, the old in and out. You want a story to jerk off to read something by a guy like Harold Robbins. He's old, a writer from a long long time ago. His big sex scenes were all the same. "They fucked and fucked and fucked...' Shit for real erotica read Fanny Hill or Moll Flanders.

When you see my name remember I'm doing something else. In the future I think I'll put my stories in the Romance section and with a new identity. That's not a promise. I might change my mind. I'll think it over. Regardless, I'll still sign off with what I'm sure will be a recognizable name for interested readers. Meanwhile, all you angry frustrated old farts who really were cuckold won't know where I am and won't have to bother. I have three pretty interesting love stories outlined; one is about a really nasty woman's betrayal of a good husband, but I want to keep that one away from you limp dicked woman haters. You wouldn't like it anyway; the guy wins without needing to screw over his unfaithful wife.

Consider this; Hard Days Knight's best writing is "Women in Red" and that's in a new category. You ought to read it.

Meanwhile I'll still want to read my favorite LW writers. Literotica is the best free web site around. If you want to know who I think are the best LW writers, check my favorites list. Believe me there's some really interesting stuff. (I left one good current writer off my list because he won't let people vote.) You hardcore BTB types shouldn't be wasting your time with me.

Thanks for your patience,

Jedd Clampett

carvohi
carvohi
2,560 Followers
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
81 Comments
carvohicarvohi7 months agoAuthor

To the anonymous writer immediately above this comment. I do read and value all the comments I get. I do wish when someone responds as an "Anon" the writer would emply some kind of pseudonym, then I would be able to be more specific when I responded.

Thanks for the comment.

carvohi

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I understand your intentionality with Curtis’s characterization (ie making him self-absorbed), but I think he’s probably within one standard deviation of usual male behavior.

I believe actions count for more than thoughts. Curtis did consider taking off after the miscarriage, but he didn’t. He didn’t understand the pain of a miscarriage, but as you say, he is a 20 year old guy. How high is his emotional quotient at that age? Probably not that well developed, especially empathy. Life experience brings about empathy.

The Brandon incident doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. At least, in my experience, warning someone about something is a dicey proposition. It can sometimes lead to more bad than good.

Regarding the speaking to a spouse/partner after a pretty bad event. How honest do you think they’ll really be? How honest can they be? He owed her a conversation when he returned (a cooling off period). After all, why should her betrayal (maybe betrayal?) keep him from at least providing for as best a standard of living for his children?

Finally, I think it’s interesting to see your intention and how it’s interpreted. I liked Zoey. I thought that Curtis was ok. I think he had failures and delusions of grandeur, but a normal kinda guy, as I said, probably within a standard deviation of normal behavior.

So, yes, I am an “anon”, but I hope you take the feedback above as earnest and thoughtful and understand that it’s because I or we like your work that we try to give honest feedback.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Seethe. Cope. Dilate.

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xover 2 years ago

HardDaysKnight's story is actually called "Lady in Red".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your arguments are so cheap, i just call "angry screams" . i can understand why you get angry,when some readers call him a cuckold, because it is only you who are the cuckold. the most laughing part of your argument is when you say , he didn't stay and ask, what is going on in his bed , and runs off... you certainly expected that he stays and ask, hony is there any feelings in this adultery or it is just physical? if it is only physical, i understand and it is ok with me.

Show More
Share this Story

story TAGS

Similar Stories

The Harpy The good ones are all a little crazy, aren't they?in Loving Wives
Office Wife Jake goes to work for a most unusual firm.in Loving Wives
Words Can you destroy a betrayer with just words?in Loving Wives
Teach the Children Well Because everyone else has a stupid song title story.in Loving Wives
In Her Eyes A husband doesn't like what he sees.in Loving Wives
More Stories