Naked Came The Ranger

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***************

Later, as we lay exhausted in each others arms, I couldn't escape an overwhelming sense that Val and I genuinely belonged together. I tried to ask myself honestly whether I was truly falling in love with her, or whether it was more a matter of merely falling in lust. For sure, I had never once had sex with Zoe that even approached the level of sheer, wanton pleasure I'd just experienced, but on the other hand, I knew that even the most fervently intense passion will inevitably diminish over time. I knew it couldn't possibly be this way between us forever.

But the thing was, I always considered Zoe first and foremost as a good and sensible partner, whereas my feelings for Val were less based on reason and more on visceral emotion. I had an intuitive sense that Valerie could be more than just a great lover and partner, but more in the nature of a true soul mate. And it occurred to me that if I let this opportunity pass by, it might be a very long time, if ever, before someone like her came my way again.

I disengaged myself gently from Val, so as not to wake her, and padded off softly to the bathroom. As I stood in front of the mirror, I laughed to myself - I couldn't help wondering how I might look in a ranger uniform. I guess when it comes right down to it, given sufficiently strong incentive, nothing is ever completely off the table.

When Val woke up I told her (just before we fucked each other insensible a second time) that she was going to have to put up with me for a lot longer than one night, provided of course she was willing, and the joy and elation I saw in her eyes at that moment was truly worth a thousand assistant professor jobs. When I confided to her that she'd inspired me to rely more on emotion and less on reason, she quoted to me from Antione de Saint-Exupery's The Little Prince:

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

"Well," I told her with a smile, "needless to say I agree, although perhaps that should be the naked eye."

FIN