Naked Souls Know No Color

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was at the end of that trip that Paige had felt the largest chunk of her heart missing when she waved goodbye to Valerie at the airport and it was that chunk that forced her to make several changes in her life. Changes she hoped and prayed Valerie would be willing to make too. She felt the weight of the jewelry box in the pocket of her jacket and pulled it out. She opened it and smiled at the diamond that was surrounded by both their birthstones. The band was silver and the engraving inside had the day that they first sampled the true taste of the other, July 14, 2011. Paige had no doubts about asking Valerie to be her wife; it had been engraved on her heart the moment she'd stepped off the bus a year ago and would forever be there with or without a wedding ring.

The bus turned down the drive and Paige anxiously put the ring back in her pocket, she closed the journal and stood up in her seat to pull her bag from the overhead compartment. She unzipped it, put her book of memories away and sat back down. When the bus pulled up to the front of the resort, she purposely was the last one off. Valerie was there waiting for her, gone though was the lanyard and when asked about it, she told Paige that she had left the position and was devoting her entire week to their relationship. Paige hugged her lover and the weight of the ring was but a memory --- until that night, when she went down on both knees to offer herself to the woman she needed more than the very air she breathed.

12