Naked Thirst Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So," he began, as Keiko placed a plate of spring rolls on the table. "Did you grow up in LA?"

"No, the Dallas area. I went to UCLA and I graduated in May. I've been home for most of the summer. I just drove in yesterday."

"Oh," said Angela. "Where are you staying?"

"With a friend - until I could find a place."

"You're welcome to move in right away. We can make up your bed tonight."

Samantha had just taken a bite of the delicious spring roll, which she'd dipped in a spicy peanut sauce beside her plate, and held a hand in front of her mouth as she finished chewing. It gave her a chance to think. The whole process was moving faster than she was prepared for. She had two more job interviews that afternoon, and had planned to go apartment hunting with a friend the next day. She'd hoped this position would work out, but hadn't counted on it. "Thank you, but I have plans with friends tonight." It wasn't strictly true, but it was the only excuse she could come up with.

Angela just smiled. "Tomorrow, then."

Samantha couldn't think of a plausible reason to refuse, especially given that she hadn't unpacked since arriving. Most of her belongings were in her trunk at that very moment. She swallowed and nodded in agreement.

Soon, Keiko brought out the main course - seared shrimp on a bed of avocado slices and crisp greens. Samantha savored every bite. It was a far cry from the fast food she'd been planning to grab for lunch. To drink, Keiko served everyone a tall glass of Thai iced tea. She'd had the beverage before, but this was a little less sweet than she was used to and had a subtle muskiness that was unique and not at all unpleasant. As they ate, Rich asked her about growing up in Texas and generally made small talk. He was good at it - less probing and more superficial than his wife. It quickly put Samantha at ease.

"That was amazing." Samantha declared when they'd finished, draining the last of her tea. "Do you eat like this every day?"

Angela nodded. You could see pride in her flashing eyes. "Keiko is a culinary institute graduate. She stayed with us while she was in school. We've been very lucky that she chose to stay."

Keiko smiled as she reached in on Sam's left to clear dishes. Sam hadn't seen or heard her approach. "I'm very happy you want me to stay," she interjected before heading back to the kitchen.

A thought occurred to Samantha as she watched the graceful woman walk away. "She doesn't eat with you?"

Rich made a face. "On rare occasions. We ask her to, but she doesn't think it's proper for a chef to eat with her employers. She says it's 'unprofessional.' Looking at Angela, he concluded, "I think our informality makes her uncomfortable sometimes."

If eating with the family made her uncomfortable, Sam wondered how Keiko handled them running around without clothes, but she wasn't bold enough to ask.

After lunch, Rich excused himself, saying he needed to get back to work on editing a shoot. Angela kissed him quickly on the lips before turning to Sam, "Did you want to go over your employment contract now?"

Samantha was feeling more assured after the pleasant lunch. "Sure, I just need to make a few phone calls to cancel the other interviews I had this afternoon."

"Great. Why don't you head back to the office while I have a quick word with Keiko. I'll meet you there."

Sam nodded, wondering with a tinge of excitement where this unusual new job would lead.

12