Naked Vows Ch. 05

Story Info
Sarah explains her relationship with her ex-husband.
5.8k words
4.72
14.5k
7

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/14/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Call her." Clair closed Laura's office door and leaned against it.

"Don't you think I've tried?" Laura went to the window, unable to meet her secretary's eyes. She acted like a spurned teenager, which was humiliating, but she couldn't seem to help it. "I left her alone until Tuesday. Yesterday I left half a dozen messages. Today I tired twice. It's obvious she doesn't want me anymore."

"It's not obvious. You said she had something to do with her ex-husband. Maybe she's been too busy. Try again."

"I don't want to sound desperate."

"Not to rub your nose in it, but you are desperate."

"I know." Laura closed her eyes and rested her forehead against the glass. "How did this happen? I run a multi million dollar company and I can't manage a relationship with my lesbian lover."

"Stop it." The sound or Clair's palm slamming on Laura's desk made her jump. "You sound like your feelings should mean less because they're for a woman instead of a man. Is that how you see Sarah? Less of a person because she's gay?"

"No!" Laura glared at Clair. "I thought we had a real connection but its turning out to be a one night stand. Isn't that what men do to women? I expected a woman to treat another woman better."

"Does Sarah consider your relationship a one night stand?"

"Yes." Laura sighed and shook her head. "No. I don't know. The whole world seems different. I don't know where I fit anymore, at least in my personal life. I keep wondering if I did something wrong, or if I was supposed to do something and didn't. I don't know what the rules are for lesbians."

"Think of Sarah as a person instead of a lesbian. Did you ever consider she had a bad time with her ex-husband? Maybe she needs time to get her emotional center before she see's you again. Maybe she's worried you won't want her if she comes across needy or wounded."

"That's ridiculous. She knows me better than that."

"Does she? How long have you known each other?"

"A couple of weeks."

Clair raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. We met . . . " Laura glanced at her calender. "Six days ago." Laura slumped back in her chair. "It seems like so much longer."

"See? How can she possibly know how you'll react if she acts different?"

"I guess I better call." Laura grinned wryly.

"Yes, and keep calling until you get her." Clair gave Laura a satisfied nod and left her office.

Laura dialed Sarah's number and almost dropped it when she heard the younger woman's voice.

"Hello, Laura." Sarah's voice sounded flat but Laura ignored it. She was too happy Sarah answered.

"Thank god, I was so worried. How are you? Is everything all right? Do you need anything?"

"I'm fine. I'm sorry I worried you."

Laura knew what Sarah sounded like when she was sad, happy, scarred and angry. This flat monotone was new and Laura didn't know what it meant. "Ok," Laura said into the awkward silence.

Another silence stretched and Laura desperately tried to find something to say. She didn't want to sound too nosy or bring up a subject that might put more distance between them. On the other hand, demanding to know why Sarah hadn't talked to her before now might put the younger woman on the defensive. Desperation forced Laura to say something. "I've missed you. Did you miss me?"

"Yes."

"Well it doesn't sound like it." Laura bit her lip and squeezed her eyes shut. She hadn't meant to snap, but Sarah's neutral tone got under Laura's skin.

"I'm sorry."

"Did I do something wrong?" Laura never liked to whine or beg but the situation drove her beyond her normal self control. She felt exposed, vulnerable; Sarah's reticence made it worse.

"No."

"Why didn't you answer my calls?" So much for keeping Sarah off the defensive.

"I was busy. I had some things to sort out."

"You couldn't pick up a phone and let me know?" Laura knew she sounded shrill, but she couldn't stop.

"No."

Laura's scatter-shot emotions collected into a heart chilling fear as an unpleasant possibility formed. "Is your husband still there?"

"No." A hint of puzzlement threaded through Sarah's voice. At least it was something.

"Can you talk freely? Is someone there, listening?"

"No one's here." Now Sarah sounded confused. Laura, on the other hand, sagged with relief. For a moment she thought Frank was still there forcing Sarah to shut herself away from people again.

"Can I come over to talk?"

"No!" Sarah finally showed a real emotion, too bad it sounded like panic.

"Sarah, are you dumping me?"

"No, of course not. Why would I?"

"Then why can't I see you?"

"You can see me. I just don't want you at my house right now."

Laura pulled the phone away from her ear and stared at it. "Ok, if you don't want me there can we meet somewhere or can you come over to my house?"

"I can go to your house."

Laura wanted to slump with relief but doubted she was out of the woods. "How soon can you get there?"

"As soon as you want me to."

"I want you now."

"Ok."

"Would you like to spend the rest of the week at my house?" Laura worried her lip between her teeth while she waited for Sarah's answer

"It'll take me a couple of hours to pack."

"That's fine. I'll clear up my schedule. I have some things to tie up first, but I'll be home in less than an hour. Come over any time after that."

"Ok."

***

Laura tried not to wear a hole in her carpet by pacing out her nervous energy. She emptied out three drawers for Sarah then cleaned her house a second time although it was already spotless.

Her indecision became ridiculous. She got out a bottle of wine and glasses because she needed a drink. Then she put them away because it might send the wrong signal. There was obviously tension so they might both need a drink. Laura got the wine and glasses out again. Then she thought better of it and put them away. Then she thought to hell with it and put the wine glasses on the dinner table and left the wine in the rack. It was available but not blatant.

When the doorbell rang Laura leaped for the door, praying it wasn't some delivery person. She knew she shouldn't yank the door open less than a second after the door bell rang. It made her look as desperate as she felt but she decided to hell with it. She was desperate.

Sarah stood, framed in the doorway, with a hesitant smile on her lips. She looked stunning and acted casual, but she gripped her bag like a lifeline. Laura noticed she made an exceptional effort in getting dressed. It had to take forever to look so beautiful without making it look like she was trying to look beautiful. She had her crisp, white, Ann Taylor blouse tucked into black slacks, and her one inch white pumps looked brand new. Her makeup was minimal but impeccable while the shine and luster of her hair indicated she spent a long time on it. The whole package screamed of great care but Laura knew if she commented on it, Sarah would say, "What, this? I just threw it on and came over."

"You look beautiful, Sarah. I'm so glad you made it." Laura wished she had taken the time to dress up. It didn't cross her mind and she feared she looked horrible. She still wore her work suit and had probably chewed her lipstick off.

Laura picked up Sarah's small suitcase and led her inside. Once the door closed Laura dropped the bag and pulled the younger woman into a hug. She wanted Sarah so bad she couldn't help kissing her.

Sarah returned the kiss mechanically, going through the motions but not showing any interest. Laura wrapped her arms around Sarah but the younger woman only rested her hands on Laura's hips.

Laura ended the kiss and stepped back, feeling awkward. She assumed since Sarah agreed to spend the next four days with her she wanted the physical side of the relationship as much as Laura did.

"I'm, um, sorry about that." Laura looked down at Sarah's bag, thankful for an excuse to look someplace other than Sarah's remote eyes. "I'm glad you made it. Is there anything you want to do tonight? We can go out if you want. My treat. Or we can stay in."

Sarah shrugged in response and looked around the room. Laura waited for Sarah to elaborate until it became clear she had nothing else to say. Not knowing what else to do, Laura led Sarah upstairs wishing the younger woman would talk to her.

Sarah paused on the stairs to study the array of family photos lining the wall and looked unutterably sad. Her fingers traced the photo of Laura's daughter, Marcy, as a toddler. She was snuggling Logan, her infant brother, and smiled like the angel she was.

Laura waited patiently at the top of the stairs while Sarah worked through her emotions. When at last she continued up the stairs Laura led the way to her bedroom.

"I hope you'll want to sleep in here with me, but if you don't want to, I have a guest bedroom you're welcome to use."

Laura fought back the impulse to cry. Sarah's presence made her giddy with joy but her distant behavior put Laura off balance. She had no idea what Sarah wanted so she stood in the hall clutching Sarah's bag with both hands, waiting.

Sarah looked at Laura and it seemed like she saw the older woman for the first time. Subtle emotions played across Sarah's face and Laura's heart began to pound. Something important was about to happen.

"Up until last week, I wanted my husband back." Sarah licked her lips, and took a deep breath. She stood rigid, like a soldier at attention. "It had been so long since the last time I saw Frank I thought I was over him."

Laura thought she knew what Sarah was about to say so she said it first. "Then, when you saw him, all those emotions came back." Laura's stomach heaved. This conversation had to end soon, otherwise she might throw up in the hall.

"Yes, but it's more complicated." Sarah stuck her hands in her pockets and stared at the floor.

"It always is." Laura kept her voice gentle. "I don't blame you for having those feelings."

"The more time I spent with him the easier it was to fall into my old habits." Sarah wiped at an eye. "It was comfortable so I went with it. I went too far with it." The bleakness in Sarah's eyes broke Laura's heart. "I . . . we . . . got too comfortable."

"I understand." Laura did, but she didn't like it.

"I don't! I'm so confused." Sarah's eyes smoldered with repressed anger and self loathing. "It was easy and comfortable but I hated it."

"Why? How can you hate something that's so comfortable?"

"Every moment I spent with him made me feel like I was betraying who I wanted to become. Worse, it felt like I cheated on you. I enjoyed the life I had with him, but I love the person I'm becoming, more."

"Is that why you avoided me? You were confused?" Laura had never been cheated on before yet their relationship was so nebulous she didn't know if she had the right to feel that way.

"Yes, mostly. I had to figure out what my feelings for Frank meant."

"Did you?"

"No."

"Where does that leave me?" Laura's voice came out small, like a chastised little girl.

"I didn't know who I belong with, but I missed you more than I ever missed him."

"You're here now." Laura felt little wings of hope try to lift the dread from her heart.

"Yes I am." Sarah's posture changed and a mantel of confidence settled around her. "As confused as I was about my feelings, I kept thinking about you. I'm still confused, but I like who I am when we're together. You bring out strength in me and I'll make better decisions with you around. It took me too long to realize I belong with you."

"Then why didn't you call a couple days ago? Do you have any idea how miserable I've been?"

"I couldn't, I had to morn my failed marriage."

"Are you done morning?"

"For now, I guess."

"For now?"

Sarah shrugged. "I'll have to see Frank a few more times because of the divorce conditions. Part of the agreement is . . . well, I guess you can consider it a sort of domestic servant. I have to drive, do laundry, cook, those things. I'm over him for now, but I don't know how I'll feel the next time he comes back. I won't let him touch me again though."

"I don't like that arrangement. It doesn't let either of you move on."

"At the time I didn't want to move on. Is that going to be a problem for you?"

"Maybe."

"I understand." Sarah closed her eyes and seemed to shrink in on herself.

"No, I don't think so. Do you think I can't understand what you felt? I've imagined Tom walking through that door thousands of times. Even if you were there, I'd throw myself at him and do whatever he wanted. I'd feel like I was cheating on you, but it wouldn't matter, I wouldn't stop."

Sarah nodded solemnly through Laura's whole speech. "That's exactly how it felt."

"What I wouldn't do is ignore my responsibilities to you. I wouldn't leave you alone to wonder what was happening. I would never shut you out the way you shut me out. Do what you have to, to honor your contracts, but don't shut me out again."

"Then you forgive me?" Sarah took a hesitant half step forward.

"Of course I forgive you. I keep forgetting we've only known each other a few days. There's bound to be miscommunications from time to time."

Sarah sagged with relief and closed the distance between them. She gave Laura the passionate kiss she held back when she arrived. "Put my stuff in your room," Sarah said when she broke the kiss. "I'm sleeping with you." When Sarah stepped back, Laura watched the confidence swell up in her as she looked Laura up and down. "Why are you still dressed? You know I like you naked."

Laura smiled and kicked her shoes off. "I was beginning to think you got tired of my body." She unbuttoned her pants and inched the zipper down. The fly fell open exposing the front panel of her pale yellow cotton panties.

"Never happen." Sarah stared unblinking as Laura pushed her slacks down her legs.

"I'll hold you to that." Laura put her thumbs in the waistband of her panties and stretched them out so they cut a diagonal line through her pubic hair. Sarah still hadn't blinked. Laura grinned; being watched like that satisfied her on a primal level. She pushed the panties down to her ankles and stepped out of them.

Sarah's hands rubbed her thighs and Laura doubted she even knew it. Each time Sarah went up and down, her hands got closer to her crotch. She'd be touching herself before too long.

"I cleared out some drawers for you to put your stuff in." Laura started at the bottom button of her blouse and worked her way to the top. Instead of taking the shirt off, she unclasped her bra. Laura put her right foot in front of her left and raised her chin proudly. She yanked off her shirt and bra in one motion then stood with her arms at her sides, her back straight, and her breasts on proud display. "Shall we get you settled in now?"

"No. Don't move." Sarah fumbled in her pocket. "God, you're beautiful. I want a picture of you like that." Sarah pulled out her phone.

Laura's heart skipped a beat, there were innumerable dangers for a woman in her position to have nude pictures floating around. She opened her mouth to object but the look on Sarah's face changed her mind. Laura trusted her lover and besides, she wanted a few photos of Sarah herself. So she smiled as the younger woman took a few steps back to get all of Laura in the frame.

"Now we can put my cloths away." Sarah walked into Laura's bedroom. Laura picked up her suitcase and followed.

Sarah sat on Laura's bed and bounced, testing the mattress. "Nice bed. It's a good thing, because we're going to spend a lot of time in it."

Laura smiled over her shoulder as she put Sarah's things in the emptied drawers. As always, moving around naked in front of Sarah made her hyper-aware of her own body. She was already wet and each time her breasts swayed or settled against her chest it felt like someone stroked her clit. Eventually she would come just by walking around. She dreaded how red her face would get then! How could she explain having an orgasm while just standing there?

Sarah brought a few dress's and shirts which Laura hung in her closet. "There. All done." Laura struck a saucy pose. "Now what?"

"You are so hot." Sarah stared at Laura for a bit, a lustful smile playing on her lips. Laura wanted sex in the worst way. Then Sarah's expression turned serious. "You make me feel strong."

"That's because I do whatever you tell me to." Laura kept her voice light and flirty, she wasn't in the mood for a serious discussion. Unfortunately, she had a feeling Sarah was. Now she understood why Tom got frustrated when he wanted sex and she talked instead.

"It's more than that, Laura. The way you look at me, the way you respect me and listen to what I have to say, it makes me feel strong. When I'm with you I feel like I can do anything."

"Oh." The complete vulnerability Sarah showed suddenly made Laura feel awkward and exposed. She covered her breast with one arm and her pussy with the other. She wanted cloths now like she wanted sex a few minutes ago.

"I've never felt that way before," continued Sarah. "I came close with Frank, when we first met, but not like I do now."

"I don't understand." Laura looked down to hide her face behind her hair.

"I didn't either, not until now. When I got here, I was scared and confused."

"Now you're not?"

"No, now I'm not. I'm in love." Sarah stood up and cupped Laura's cheeks in her hands. She tilted Laura's face up so Laura had to look at her. "I love you, Laura Westover. I am madly, passionately, in love with you." She leaned in and kissed Laura.

It was the hottest kiss Laura ever had and Sarah didn't even use her tongue. Laura's eyes burned with tears and she had no idea what to do or say.

"Now it's time to inspect your clothing." Sarah pulled away from Laura and gave her breast a playful slap. "Go get your bras and lay them out. I want to make sure you dress the way I like."

Laura blinked stupidly and turned to look at her drawer. Bra? What's a bra? Laura felt Sarah's bare foot against her butt as the younger woman nudged her to get her moving.

"Hurry up. I love the sight of your bare ass, but I have an agenda to keep." Sarah pushed Laura again to get her in motion. "Get all your bras and lay them out on the bed." Sarah patted the mattress next to her. "Lay them out nice and neat so I can get a good look at them."

An excited shiver ran down Laura's spine as she came back to herself. Sarah loved her and gave her a command. She smiled and got moving. When Sarah finally got around to having sex, Laura was going to come harder than ever.

Laura opened her underwear drawer and pulled all her bras out. She tossed the bundle next to Sarah and bent over to lay them out for inspection.

"Wait." Sarah held her hand out, palm up. "As much as I love watching your tits move, I want to play with one."

"Go ahead, I won't stop you." Laura grinned at Sarah then reached for a bra.

"I want to play with it now. Put it in my hand." Sarah gave Laura an imperious glare then pointedly looked at her hand, then back to Laura.

"Oh." Laura felt herself blush as she moved into position. When she bent over, her breast fell into Sarah's waiting palm. Laura froze as Sarah squeezed her breast then tugged at her nipple. It felt so good, like her pussy and breast traded places. It wouldn't be long before she came. Laura closed her eyes to concentrate on the sheer bliss Sarah gave her.

The sound of Sarah's hand slapping Laura's bottom echoed in the room and Laura yelped. Her stinging butt brought her back from the orgasm she almost had.

"Get to work or I'll spank you for real next time."

Laura reached for the nearest bra and arranged it carefully. It took great concentration, more than what the simple task should have. The constant stimulation from Sarah kept Laura's mind drifting back to the building pleasure between her legs.

12