Necromancer Chronicles Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Feinir touched Kenneth's forehead. I felt his magic come in and grab and realized the truth almost too late. The returning of memories was a lie too, a part of the construct of memory. The truth was he was there to rip out the memories of the encounter, to learn from Kenneth's memories.

I snapped an order and Kenneth punched forward sending the fae across the room and I felt the magic fade from his mind. Kenneth the sorcerer wasn't that strong physically, but Kenneth the revenant was another story altogether.

I weighed my options on if to cut and run, and decided to see what happened next.

To be honest I was tempted to start killing people. These assholes were worse than murderers. They stole people's lives and played games with them. I wonder who Kenneth really was, and if he was gone forever. His soul didn't have any different memories than what his body had when it died.

Just how monstrous was the fae's power? Even an evil necromancer will eventually die and free all his servants to go on to their rest. That fae was... erasing people. But right now I had about twenty supernaturals including one other demon outside my grandmother. I didn't have access to my immortal powers at all in his head, and my necromancy was very limited. If I attacked I'd last all of two seconds with this sorcerer's power.

I really wanted to know what they wanted, to make sure they never got it, even if I managed to kill them at some point. Not that I was a spiteful bitch or anything...

Feinir finally got up and roared at gramps, "What is the meaning of this."

Brian shrugged, "If I had to guess, I'd say that isn't strictly our puppet anymore. Isn't that right, granddaughter?"

Kenneth said in a voice of dripping sarcasm under my control, "So, I've guessed a lot gramps, but an evil monologue would come in handy right now, what do you say?"

He just chuckled and shook his head. I could feel the tension ratchet up in the room, violence was imminent and there was no point in staying any longer.

I sighed, "Very well, I guess we do this the hard way, just remember it's your game, if you want to call time out and come clean... I'll consider it. But I don't play games with pawns or steal lives, watch your back old man," I turned to Feinir, "Especially you memory stealer, you will find out shortly you cannot hide from me."

Back in my dorm room I stepped out of limbo and summoned Kenneth. He appeared in a bright wash of golden light.

I drew in my power, prepared to snap the bonds and release Kenneth on to the next world. Real memories or not, the soul was real and deserved to move on.

Kenneth said, "Wait!"

I stopped and nodded for him to continue.

Kenneth asked, "Let me stay and help. I don't know who I once was, but I imagine he would want revenge as much as I do for their betrayal. Let me stay until this is finished, then I will go."

I nodded, and then wrapped us both up in golden light and teleported home. I had a lot to report, and I had to fix Bree's body.

I did the second one first, but I changed her looks of course. One of me is more than enough. I decided to make it as close a resemblance to the ghost as was wise. I wouldn't want her to run into someone she knows on the street, so I made enough changes that it wouldn't be an issue.

I had to admit she was very attractive. She had long dark brown hair, dark brown eyes and creamy tan skin. When I was done she gave me a hug and a shy smile. I had been more focused the last few days and I picked it up. What had been in front of me all this time. She was fiercely protective of me not because she loved me and was mothering, but because she was in love with me.

I marveled that I hadn't seen it before. I may not have treated my ghosts as slaves, but apparently I had been taking them for granted. They were always in the background, willing to do whatever I asked as part of their ten year deal, especially Bree. I felt foolish, and a bit ashamed.

The last few days had been a wakeup call of sorts. My ability to read people was as strong as my mother's, but not nearly as refined. It took awareness of my surroundings, choosing to look and see the people around me. Truly listening to what they said. So much of my life I had spent with my head in the clouds, missing things that should have been obvious.

Not that I was self centered, I believed I had a generous soul and helped people where I could. Perhaps just... self absorbed at times.

I admit I was intrigued with the idea of Bree and me. I had always focused on men, most women fell into the Vinnie trap, and any that escaped inevitably fell for my father. I hadn't explored that part of myself yet because of that. But would trying with Bree be right? She still had to do anything I said for two more years... I'd have to think about this.

I sent Ron a text, I wouldn't chase him, but I had come to the conclusion it was up to me to let him know his attentions would be more welcome now. I would have thought begging him to fuck me would be a big enough clue, but guys were dim sometimes.

I walked into the house with Kenneth and Bree, my family was gathered in the living room along with a few of the coven and Kristi. I told them who was behind it, and what I knew. That it was designed to get something out of us, but that I had no clue what. I basically went over every action and thought I'd had for the last four hours, minus the guy drama and my insecurities of course.

That took quite a while, and they asked questions trying to get more details out of me. My phone went off and it was a text from Ron. He was happy to hear from me and wanted to go out this coming weekend. I smiled and shook my head. All that worry was for nothing, just a misunderstanding.

I replied yes and got back to the family meeting. I promised myself I would be more aware and watchful. I would never be the same again, but that didn't mean I had to give up the fun side, I just needed to pay more attention to the things and people around me.

Mom said, "I'm proud of you, good plan and execution."

She looked a little sad though, I understood, my life was changing, I was changing. I just hoped the person I was to become was someone I could be proud of, and someone my mom could be proud of too.

One thing was for sure, I was tired of dodging attacks. I was ready to move from defensive to offensive.

Dad asked, "So, what now?"

I sighed, "Two things, we need to find out what is so important that they would twist and manipulate so many people's lives for. We also need to kill them all. At the very least we need to end Feinir. To do that it needs to be me, Vinnie, Kristi and other volunteers."

He nodded his head and I could see the conflict in him. He knew his father was a mean evil bastard, but he was still his father.

Alicia spoke, "I will help," which drew a look from Kristi.

A few other people agreed, but I was in favor of a stealth plan, taking them one by one. If it came to a huge battle we could recruit the family. The meeting seemed to be over so I walked to Kristi and held her hand. I floated the pictures of people in the front of my mind until she had them. She was the key really, she could find them, anywhere, anytime.

For now though, I needed to rest, and Kristi needed time to watch and learn their movements and see if she could learn anything.

Mom and dad came over and I waited for them to start. I had a pretty good idea what it was.

Mom said, "You don't have to do this alone. If you're going on the offensive we can be there."

I shook my head, "You can't. Right now they are playing a long game of manipulation on our family, but as soon as they realize they have lost control all bets will be off. They will fight to kill, to survive. That means you two need to be here to protect the rest of the family, coven, and even Chicago. If it makes you feel better I promise to call if we get in over our heads."

They both nodded reluctantly and went off to make plans of their own. I wondered when I had taken charge, and why people were actually listening to me. Especially my brother, he had been following my lead the last few days. It was... different.

I grabbed a beer from the fridge and drank it in large gulps on the way to my room. I should go to class tomorrow, it seemed an absurd thing to me, but it was important to me too. I didn't want all this to derail my life completely. We had a plan and didn't need to work it constantly. Plus, I still needed to do something with the professor.

Here's an idea, how about I talk to him.

I got to my room and sat on the floor with my legs crossed. I was working on my shield and glyph while trying to sharpen my mind. It seemed easier to me to hold the ideas together now, though I had no idea the progress I had made toward making the glyph a reality as far as my magic goes.

Since it was easier, I decided to push for more and I let my magic and senses expand into the room. I could feel John and Tammy as usual. Bree too, but she felt different in a real body, and I could tell she was staring at me. I expanded even farther finding my brother, Alicia, Kristi, Ray, and Claudia all hanging out in the living room. I went even farther, but pulled back when I reached my parents.

There are some things children just shouldn't know, and they were in the middle of one of those things right now.

I was twenty two, for eighteen years I had been practicing my magic. For the last twelve I had worked on my shield, worked on mind discipline, and worked on trying to teach my magic a glyph for shielding. I knew the next glyph wouldn't take twelve years, part of the process of sharpening the mind would make the next one faster, then even faster for the third. But still, it would take centuries to build up to the really complicated shit my mom could do.

Despite the fact I had worked on shields for twelve years I was surprised when it clicked. The moment I felt the magic accept it, know it. I still had a long way to go. It would take me another five or so to learn my sword and shield, two more simple concepts that took extreme concentration. Then I could work on wards and ever more complicated spells.

But I completely lost my concentration when it happened. It was a shock to my system and my shield failed and my mind and magic was snapped back into my body. I was almost reluctant when I raised my hand and formed the glyph with my magic and released it. A shield popped up around me and I think I even got tears in my eyes.

Then I grinned wide, Vinnie was so going to be jealous.

I'd have to figure out what to start on next, I wanted to try the sword and shield, but I needed to come up with a glyph first. I wasn't strong enough to manifest a sword and shield fully, but that shouldn't matter. By the time it is ready for the glyph to work, I will have the ability to do so.

I was pretty much recharged and ready to go, the meditation renewing my energy and making me feel rested. I stood and looked at Bree for a moment, really torn on what to do. I could let her decide, but I knew she would if she thought I wanted to, which is what would make it wrong.

I wanted to know if she wanted to, because clearly I did. She was beautiful, and if I was going to try it with another woman she is the one I wanted. That was when she took two steps towards me and pulled me into a hug.

She pulled her head back a little and looked at me closely before leaning in and kissing me with her soft lips. It was so different, soft and sensual. She broke the kiss and smiled at me, while I panicked a little.

Bree said, "Don't worry, I've been wanting to do that long before you noticed me, long before I had this body. Don't doubt that this is my choice."

"How did you know?"

She smirked, "You weren't blocking off your bonds, all of your ghosts know you want my hot body."

I blushed while Tammy and Tony laughed. I frowned. It had never occurred to me until now, wanting to be with Bree, but I'd been fucking in front of my ghosts for years without a second thought. It didn't bother me that they were there, what bothered me was I hardly noticed the fact. Another shallow piece of my past revealed.

I smiled, "Good, are you going to give it to me?"

She chuckled wickedly, "No love, I gave myself to you long ago, they are seeing you give yourself to me... now shut up and kiss me."

My core clenched at that and I kissed her hard, our bodies pressed up against the other's. Her fingers were so gentle as she explored my body and I returned the favor. We stripped each other down to skin during our Sapphic explorations. I blushed, as part of my new awareness I could feel all my ghosts paying special attention to the bond link, had they always done this?

How blind had I been not to see it? I had probably been just too focused on the man in front of me. This would be different in more ways than one.

Truthfully it turned me on quite a bit. Although I throttled that one, didn't let them know I noticed and was feeling rather exhibitionist about it, there was no point in letting them see everything. I was happy about one thing. My new self seemed to be just as much a sexual creature.

She led me to the bed and laid me down on my back while exploring my body. I wondered when my revenant had taken charge, but wasn't about to object. I was too busy experiencing the sensations she drew out of me and did my best to reciprocate. I grinned. I didn't want to disappoint my audience.

She laid next to me and caressed my breast while we kissed softly with light nips and intermingling of our tongues. I played with her hair and lightly brushed my nails on the back of her neck while I reached down between her legs.

I had never touched another woman there, and a thrill went through me when I slid my fingertip along her labia, first circling the outside before running my fingertip up and down her slit. She moaned into my mouth and her thumb and forefinger lightly pinched and pulled my hardened sensitive nipple making me gasp into hers.

We teased each other's bodies and kissed for a long time. There was no rush, simply pleasure and sensual sensations. I was so ready for it when she got up and turned to straddle my head. I could smell her arousal and I shivered in anticipation and excitement. I was so wet and I couldn't wait to taste her, or feel her tongue delving into my depths.

I reached up and caressed her ass cheeks, squeezing lightly. Everything had been soft and beautiful so far, and I wasn't about to change that. I coaxed her core down to my lips with light and teasing touches and took my first lick down her glistening warmth. I took a sharp breath when I felt her tongue do the same. I ran my tongue along her again, this time pushing in a little, separating her swollen hot labia and flicking her clit with my tongue as I went by.

I had been so worked up before this that it didn't take long to reach my peak under her talented soft wet tongue and the soft touch of her nimble fingers.

I whispered breathlessly, "Oh goddess... Bree I'm going to..."

My voice cut off as my molten core erupted, I could feel her fingers holding me open as she sucked in my rushing nectar. When I came down I increased my ministrations, determined to taste her blissful juices as well.

I didn't have to wait long and she tasted divine. I felt so close to Bree and I could feel her love for me through the bond, it was so easy to fall. She had already been my best friend, and the ghost I'd always called on first. The one I was always happy to see. The one always there for me no matter what I did or how stupid I'd been. I think I was already in love with her and just didn't know it.

She moved back around and collapsed next to me, I turned to face her and we hugged lightly and kissed, sharing the taste of the other.

It was so strange, that a woman would be the first person I'd say it out loud to. The words I had dreaded and feared to utter. But it also felt right, natural.

"I love you Bree."

She knew of course, had been my constant companion. She knew how much it meant for me to say those words to someone. She told me out loud too, though I could feel the truth both in my heart and with my power.

I grinned happily and I leaned in for another kiss...

Chapter 8 - Vinnie

I was sitting between Kristi and Alicia on the couch. To say I felt uncomfortable would be a huge understatement. I loved them both, and there was no way I could choose sides, I just had to hope they would eventually work something out.

The last few days have been crazy, it all started with Alicia and now we were plotting to kill gramps and grams on dad's side of the family, as well as a sick twisted asshole of a fae.

I'm a little ashamed I had been caught up in Kristi over the last few days leaving things for my sister to take care of and plan for. After I had convinced Kristi with much begging, to listen to my story, she finally relented and forgave me. I had little choice and she seemed understanding of the decision I made. But that didn't mean she wasn't still jealous, so I had been very attentive the last few days, showering her with affection and attention.

It wasn't like I minded doing it though.

As a result I had pretty much followed Hope's lead and plans on everything. I'm not sure what happened, but my sister has grown up a lot over the last three days. I am not sure if she sees it but she is on the way to becoming a lot like our mother, which is to say amazing and not just a little scary. Of course, I'd deny that if anyone said I thought that.

She is extremely focused and driven now, which is such a huge change. I can't help but wonder if that benefits the enemy in some way, but I have no doubt it won't for long. Kristi is amazing too, she's been watching the enemy ever since she got a hold of the mental pictures from Hope. I'm not sure what Hope's plan will be, but I am sure it will be effective.

Alicia broke my train of thought, "Could you go meditate, or practice your magic. I need to speak with Kristi alone."

Kristi asked stiffly, "Why does he have to leave?" with a suspicious look on her face.

Alicia shrugged, "You don't want to discuss it in front of him do you? He might figure out just how much worth he holds for us if we do it that way."

I chuckled but Kristi narrowed her eyes. "She's right, go away."

I raised my eyebrow, but wasn't about to argue with both of them, especially not when they were finally agreeing on something. I got up and went up to my bedroom hoping they would work it out, but steeling myself in case they didn't. When I got to my room I meditated and worked on my mental disciplines. I was trying to push down my emotions and sharpen my focus.

I was getting pretty good at it, effort wise it was low. Still, to maintain it in battle it had to be trained into reflex, made into a second natural state I could invoke, rather than something I had to push myself into and voluntarily hold in place.

I knew I was close, so I pushed deeper and just held it. Then I let my power and mind wander, the point being to hold my state of focus and faint emotions while doing something else. I started to spin out simple spells of air, earth, water, and very carefully fire. My mental state seemed to stick so I tried more complicated things.

I couldn't do these in battle yet, but I was capable enough while sitting still and meditating. I created a small water funnel on the top of my hand, then mixed fire and air creating an incandescent ball of fire over my other palm. I was sweating a bit now, so I held all of it the best I could, fighting to keep my focus while maintaining two spells and four elements.

I could tell I was starting to strain on the spells so I banished them and looked at the time. I had held it for close to thirty minutes. I stood up and walked toward my door when I realized something.