Negative Space Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
_bloom_
_bloom_
224 Followers

"Hey there."

"Hey yourself, doc," his smooth voice responded. He turned to face me. "I'm feeling much better. And before you start in on the crying and apologizing, I have to tell you that I understand. And it's fine. And I'm glad to be back at work."

I looked at him closely, and felt out that golden thread that linked the two of us. He felt—he felt good. Cheery. Satisfied. I smiled up into his eyes.

"I'm so glad Elliott. I missed you. And thank you so much for taking care of Nora for me." I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him closely. He smelled clean and I giggled.

"What?"

"Gosh, I bet I smell awful. I've been a mess this whole week, and I think I'm still wearing the same clothes, even."

"Oh, you smell okay. A little dirty, but the thing you don't realize is that you smell incredibly good. All humans smell delicious, sure, but YOU smell amazing." Elliott said, smiling. "Honest," he added, when it was clear I didn't believe him.

"Uh huh, sure. Now why don't you tell me what you're so satisfied with yourself, buster."

"Well, I have to admit that I hung out here a lot while you were busy sleeping over at Sandra's. While I was resting before that, I heard from a friend of mine that his partner has come down with what turned out to be, I think, the same sickness as Helena, that vampire you saw last week before the clinic opened. So I did some more research, studying the samples we took. And I think I have a good idea of where to start!"

"Whoa, really? Oh my goodness, Elliott, you're the best!" I was ecstatic. I'd been so busy with everything else I'd almost forgotten Helena, the desperately sick vampire, but I hadn't forgotten her entirely. Only at lull moments when I was totally unable to do anything else would I remember all the work I had yet to do to try to save her, and my stomach would sink in guilt. But this, this was amazing! I decided to close the clinic early tonight to get in some extra work. Elliott decided to leave to go do a little recon in order to find out whether any other vampires were suffering the same symptoms. He promised to be back by 4 am, when the two of us would sit down to make a game plan. I was excited.

_bloom_
_bloom_
224 Followers