Negative Space Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
_bloom_
_bloom_
224 Followers

"Absolutely. My pack actually has an entire department devoted to watching for rogue action in our area. They track new turnings and try to deal with the rogue and offer the victim a home. She will be welcome here until she is ready to either move on or decide to join our pack."

"Excellent! Thank you so much for your help, Elke. As always, you are a pleasure to talk to and a delight to work with. Thank you thank you thank you."

It took only a moment for me to explain the situation to Alma and only a moment longer for her to agree. It was the promise of acceptance that had been completely elusive for her since the minute that rogue decided to bite her. I decided to try one last blessing for her before she left. I was supposed to be some sort of descendent of the goddess of fertility, no? I placed my hands on either side of her full belly and closed my eyes, feeling the life between them. I felt it out carefully, and watched for any damage to the tiny being's consciousness. I almost dropped my concentration when I shocked myself by actually finding what I was looking for. There WAS damage to this little fetus, damage that had occurred during development. Most people know that folic acid is extremely important for the development for human children, but what they do not know is that folic acid is necessary because it helps to seal off the spinal cord during pregnancy. As the fetus develops it turns one single mass into the entire nervous system including the brain, spinal chord, and nerves. When the spinal chord section doesn't close off it can cause numerous life threatening or debilitating side effects.

I felt for the baby's nervous system, and magically I could see it glowing in perfect relief. I let myself follow through to the damaged out-pouching of nervous tissue, which I covered with and pressed on with my Khrusos, as I was beginning to think of it. The golden lava that sat at my core—that was my healing power, THAT was my magic. The injury to the spinal cord shrank and shriveled, and finally it was gone. I sighed. What a miracle that I was able to do this for her!

"Whoa!" Alma shivered. "That really felt funny. Did you do something to my baby?"

"I just fixed a little problem she was having developing. I'll explain it all to you at your next appointment, which is next week, okay?"

"Okay."

"Don't forget! I'll be waiting for that appointment. I want to hear what it's like at the pack compound."

"Oh don't you worry, I'll keep you updated on ALL the gossip," Alma laughed.

_bloom_
_bloom_
224 Followers